One of the most common building materials used to finish the walls, the ceilings in the premises, is drywall. Its versatility allows you to create any partitions, as well as complex multi-level structures.
Preparation of accurate parameters and forms of finishing material are provided with special cutters.
Severe two main types:
- Disc – used for cutting plasterboard sheets, while direct line profile lines without roughness or cracks are formed. For such works, cutter applied called Strong.
- Shaped – for the formation of round, oval holes, geometrically sophisticated cham. Perhaps using Festool cutter.
To get the necessary profile, the necessary parameters are selected, form, tool size.
There are the following types of Festool cutters:
- V-shaped – on plasterboard for pumping grooves at an angle of 90 degrees. It is often used for mounting work.
- U-shaped tool – to form recesses with a semi-voltage bottom, as well as unusual on the shape of holes.
- T-shaped tool – allows you to create holes at an angle of 90 degrees with a large diameter for thick plates.
- The groin tool – helps to form geometrically complex holes, recesses, located at an angle of 90 degrees.
- The edge cutter – serves to process the champers on the edge of the plasterboard sheet.
It should be remembered that the dimensions of the tool must correspond to the size of the outreres.
Among the known manufacturers of electrical appliances for processing drywall are most popular, cutters of the following brands are most popular:
Products are characterized by the release of high-quality convenient, safe tools with large technical capabilities.
The devices of this brand are made of durable high-quality material, contain attacks of solid alloy. Different with reliability, long service life.
Mark specializes in the release of a solid tool intended for processing products made of soft or solid wood, composite, plastic metals.
For the manufacture of a tool of this brand, solid alloys are used, high-speed steel, which makes it durable, convenient in work.
The choice in favor of this or that brand should be based on the technical specifications, assignment of the instrument. Depending on the features of the surface of the drywall, the size of the milling machine, the cost, the optimal parameters are selected frequency of use.
Technology of Application V-Cutter Festool
When building partitions from plasterboard, the V-shaped mill is most often used. It makes it possible to form direct angular surfaces, allowing to make a quick assembly of any design with the smallest axle joints. At the same time, the edges are tightly in contact with each other and do not require additional finishing works.
When creating a box, a V-shaped groove is formed from the inside. After that, the GLCs are easily bent at right angles, then glued to the mounting foam. This design is characterized by durability, reliability, as well as the levels of angles.
For permanent operation, a milling mill will be required with more than 1 kW. For one-time – you can purchase a budget option or take advantage of the rental.
When choosing a tool you need to check the diameter of the “tail” cutters. It must match the installation parameters. The diameter of a wide part of the tool can be 12, 16, 24, 32 mm. The tail diameter is 8, 12 mm.
Milling is carried out on a smooth hard basis. Since the V-shaped mill has indirect forms, guide fixtures are used to obtain smooth surfaces.
Stages of work during milling
To form an angle at 90 degrees using a V-shaped cutter, will be required:
- device for collecting dust;
- mounting foam;
- Respirator, Protective Glasses, Gloves.
Prepare all the necessary tools, you can start work.
Milling includes the following actions:
- The desired size of the leaf of plasterboard is taken, placed on a rigid surface.
- To adjust the tool working stroke.
- The milling mill is configured to the thickness of GKL.
- The number of saws is determined in advance, the distance between them.
- For convenience, the places by which the cutter will occur, mark lines.
- To determine the accuracy of the incidence use the rule. It is installed on the left of the platinum.
- Smooth smooth movements produce milling.
- From the working surface, dust particles, spent material removed.
- Adhesive foam applied on the formed groove.
- Correct angle at 90 degrees.
- Until the foam dry, the design is fixed with scotch.
It should be remembered that only moisture-proof plasterboard can be milling.
Pros and cons
Milling tool for plasterboard allows you to create holes, geometrically complex forms, smooth joints, angles in a short period of time. This greatly expands the use of GLC.
However, as any processing method, the milling of the hyposocarton has its advantages and disadvantages.
Among the positive moments you can allocate:
- convenience, the speed of obtaining the desired result;
- the ability to cut out complex forms of holes, grooves;
- Allows you to install the design without the construction of an internal frame;
- Saving material;
- the formation of a different cutting corner;
- Getting the most smooth surface.
Among the negative points can be allocated:
- For work requires special skills, knowledge;
- In the processing of the material, a large amount of dust is formed, which requires the use of means that protect the mucous upper respiratory tract, lungs;
- relatively considerable financial costs.
This method is advisable to use when the repair period is limited or you need to get smooth accurate surfaces of complex shape.
Tips for use
Milling at home without a special device for absorbing dust can turn into a real catastrophe. The allocation of a huge amount of dust leads to strong pollution of the room, and also negatively affects health.
For the formation of different complexity and surface forms, special cutters must be applied. It is not recommended to use such a tool for wood processing. Since in this case it is not adapted for processing more dense material, rather than drywall: surfaces are less high-quality.
If the formation of complex configurations is required, it is better to acquire a complete set of instrument with various nozzles that allow you to create the required geometric shapes.
Tool kit must be bought in specialized stores.
It is not recommended to carry out repair with your own hands without special skills or knowledge. Before working, it is necessary to carefully study milling technology, work out on small pieces of drywall. If any questions arise, it is necessary to consult with experts.
About what kind of varieties and methods of applying cutters for drywall, look in the following video.