The overseas and Russian industry produces a mass of all sorts of equipment, intended for cutting and processing wood blanks (and plywood including). The most innovative solutions imply the application for such tasks of the latest laser machines.
One of these devices is a laser cutter on wood – except for the basic function, it can carry out a lot of other operations. This makes it possible to rank it to multifunctional samples of woodworking equipment.
Today’s Laser Machines with Numeric Software Successfully conduct the processing of blanks from any material (glass, polymer, paper, plastics, stone, wood, steel, rubber, and so on). However, contrary to impressive multifunctionality, any modification (or line of models) has its own direction.
- Desktop laser-engraving machines. In most small dimensions, do not need to be installed in a specialized room (suitable for office and even for the house – when there is such a need). The engravers are equipped with a good optical system, only its power relative to small. And yet, the engraver can implement the engraving of good quality (applying volumetric and planar patterns on the plane) and, of course, a cross-cutting section of the blanks of a minor thickness of most of the materials (except steel), only slightly inferior in the productivity of cutting and cutting to other modifications of laser machines.
- Laser cutters They are produced both in the desktop version and for mounting in the floor with the surface of the floor and are presented a very rich manifold of the size of desktops – from 0.5 to 1.5-2 m. Machines are intended for installation in a specialized room and are provided for hard work under production conditions. All units have a solid corps that guarantee the resistance of the device and productively quenching mechanical oscillations appearing during operation. The main purpose of such samples is the cutting and cutting of materials (including widescreen) and high-quality applying engraving on the workpiece. Laser machines have a special design, due to which productivity and processing quality increases. For example, a simultaneous installation of 2 laser emitters (or CO2 tubes) is provided for synchronous processing of 2 parts or placement of the laser emitter on the moving portal – in order to eliminate the loss of the energy of the beam when it dissipates “on the road” to the CO2 tube and so on.
- Small-sized laser markers are intended to apply high-quality drawings at high speed. Markirators can apply an image to bulk products (knobs, suspension, decorations, and so on), at the same time even small elements of the ornament are distinct, and the image itself has a durability.
This is achieved due to the special structure of the optical system of the Markirator. Some lenses can mutually move, as a result of this, a laser beam, generated by CO2 tube, occurs in a 2-dimensional plane and is sent to any point of the processed part under the required angle. At the same time, the head of the tube directs the beam not flat lens, but a specialized lens that preserves the stability of the laser under various working conditions.
Laser markers have a relatively small workspace, but are usually equipped with an integrated microcomputer with all necessary for work on. As a result, high transportation of the machine is achieved – auxiliary external connections (except for the power supply) are not needed.
Overview of best brands
Many companies are engaged in the production of such machines and parts for them. They can all be divided into 3 large categories.
Companies on the production of luxury classes and premium
This includes plants located in Japan, America, Taiwan and European countries. The list of particularly recognizable brands includes: Farley LaserLab (America), Trotec (Austria), GCC (Taiwan), Schuler (Germany), Eurolaser (Germany), Laserstar Technologies (Iceland America).
Products of these companies are characterized by the ideal quality of parts and assembly, good productivity and durability. Tubes with active gas, as a rule, from ceramics or enclosed in an iron shell, and the period of their operation is able to reach 100 thousand. hour. Allowing this equipment can not any enterprise because the price is quite high.
Brand firms of China
The reputation of the products produced in China is not from the best, only such views are not quite impartial. Large manufacturers are trying to enter the World Market and take a strong place on it, in connection with this invest all forces and funds in the development of laser technologies, the practical application of them in their own products and a brutal oversight of the quality at each stage of production. Laser machines such stamps such as HSG Laser, Wattsan, Raylogic, King Rabbit, Hglaser, are distinguished by very high operating parameters, a small amount of return of goods under warranty and are pretty laborious competitors expensive trademarks. Actually, the luxury equipment from China and ranks first in the ranking of the most acquired machines, since the price and quality have an acceptable ratio.
There are those plants from the Middle Kingdom, due to which the products of this country became a sample of poor quality. Usually, The assembly of such machines is made for skchche, and the details of a priori can be broken. Name models or not given at all, or is selected by the maximum consonantly promoted brands with the calculation of the carelessness of consumers or their weak awareness in this matter. In the main mass, it is highly inexpensive cars with low quality beams and unreliable laser emitters.
Criterias of choice
In fact, choose a specific better model is almost impossible, since the purpose of the use of equipment can be different, as well as the budget planned to purchase, the planned volumes of manufactured products or basic materials for carrying out work. But the general classification on the basis of manufacturers, sizes and some other characteristics can be composed.
so, Choosing equipment for cutting, important factors should be taken into account.
According to the declared functionality, there is the following separation:
- Engraving machines with relatively weak light radiation, sufficient only for the execution of shallow operations, when the settings are changed, entailing the rise of the wavelength, these mini-devices can be used to cut plywood, veneer;
- Equipment with a high resource of laser radiation, suitable not only for cutting wood, but also its milling, it has the engraving option, which will be implemented by changing the power of the laser CO2 tube.
Models of laser settings for cutting are divided into:
- Machines having manual controls that belong to the category of the simplest, cheap devices, despite this, they allow you to perform original products;
- More expensive CNC installations that guarantee excellent cutting and engraving quality;
- Multifunctional machines – this type of equipment combines the potentials of manual and automatic control.
Power and size
- Small-sized desktop laser-engraving installation with a slight resource up to 80 W, it can be placed in a small workshop or at home. The machine is suitable for making small souvenirs, it is able to make engraving, cut off and cut the larger fane.
- Professional laser-engraving unit has a resource 80-195 W. It is characterized by increased size and is actively used in furniture manufacturing and woodworking for the manufacture of mass production and cutting accurate parts.
- Industrial laser car on wood can cut, sharpen, engrave and perform other operations. It has decent dimensions and is installed in large woodworking workshops.
Manufacturers equip equipment with various options and auxiliary tools that simplify processing.
- Chiller – Device, cooling CO2 tube. It is needed in the case of long-term operation of the machine for leveling the temperature of the equipment elements. Functions by the type of additional shell with coolant connected to the pump. When the machine is not equipped with this device, it is purchased separately.
- Air blowing system required to reduce the temperature of the cut and engraving site to eliminate excessive seam burning.
The choice of a laser unit is determined by the requirements for its functional parameters and potential. For large production, it makes no sense to purchase a miniature table of desktop type, as in the apartment to put an aggregate of industrial purposes.
There are multifunctional samples that can work with metals, wood, polyvinyl chloride and perform various operations: milling processing, drinking, cutting, engraving. The price of these devices is high, and it makes sense only for a large enterprise.
How to use?
When cutting on a laser plywood machine to avoid yellowish plaque over the edge of the cut, you must use a more powerful compressor with the supply of air in 1.5-2 atm.
When the cut without “shootings” on the reverse side, the material from the working surface must be removed (lift) at least 1 centimeter. In this case, the scattering of the beam will occur during the “shooting” from the site, as whatever the wage will not be.
Flawlessly smooth plywood does not exist, anyone turns out, leads. To prevent the focus of laser radiation in the cutting of uneven material or practiced a long-phocus lens, or pressed the plywood to the table.
The most ideal method of plywood leveling on the table with the prevention of “shootings” on the back of the opposite includes the installation on the NEO Magnets table, placement of the plywood sheet and fixing it from above with additional Neo magnets.
With continuous cutting of plywood, clean the ventilation grid often, as the soot and gari from the plywood glue is much greater than from organic glass. Because of this, ventilation is clogged quickly. For the same reason, mirrors and optics also need to be cleaned more often.
If you want to cut a thick phanener, but the power of the emitter is not enough for this, then, according to the recommendations of specialists, you can perform it in two stages. The first one will need to cut, without feeding the air, otherwise the laser car will not be prey and starts to wait for the Faner, because oxygen promotes burning. In the second stage it is necessary to carry out air.
Just remember – without supplying air on the nozzle, otherwise the lens of the laser car will rather soon cover the soot and crawl.
In the next video, it is described how to choose a laser machine.