Tarbed dowels – special types of fasteners intended for fixing heat-insulating panels, plates and mats on horizontal and vertical surfaces. With their help, the installation of foam, mineral wool on the walls inside the house and facade structures during construction, repair of buildings. How to choose how to choose a dowel mushroom with a plastic nail for thermal insulation 10 × 50 and 10 × 120 mm, other models for fastening the insulation, it is worth talking in more detail.
Features and destination
A plate dowel is a specialized fastener with a flat “umbrella” support part and a long “leg”. For fastening the insulation, a nail-core is used in a pair with it, installed by impact. The dowel mushroom itself can have a disk diameter in the range of 60-100 mm, as well as the technological holes necessary for the correct attachment. Special Hardware Surface for Heat Insulation Rough – To Improve Clutch. The body of a plate dowel is represented as an elongated tubular element with spacer at the end. When driving a core, it expands, securely locking in the wall. This area is multisective, designed in such a way that efforts when driving turned out to be multidirectional.
The heat insulating dowel mushroom is suitable for attaching different types of insulation. It can be used for foam, minvati or polystyrene. Thanks to its properties, fasteners well holds soft, and solid materials, does not damage fragile or porous structures of foamed plates. Such clamps are suitable for use on the surface of concrete, foam concrete, aerated concrete, natural and artificial stone, bricks, as well as on other types of capital walls.
According to the material of the manufacture of a dowel of a plate type there are three species.
- Metal galvanized. Steel products are used when fastening to hollow or thin facade surfaces. The principle of its action is rather similar to the usual anchor, the carrier load of the product largely depends on the strength of the walls themselves. This category of hardware is the most expensive.
- From glass-filled polyamide. This type of plate dowels is able to withstand carrier loads up to 750 kg, it is distinguished by universality in the selection of the core – it can be steel galvanized or polyamide, with reinforcement. Application is possible on all types of walls.
- From nylon or hn. Plastic dowel mushroom withstands the lowest settlement loads – no more than 380 kg when mounting to brick and up to 450 kg in concrete. Metal screws are used as a core in nylon varieties. Installation is possible both on hollow or wooden walls and on monolithic bases.
Such a choice of the foundation is incomplete. The design should be resistant to mechanical loads, aggressive influence of the external environment. The standard range of operating temperatures for mushroom dowels varies from -40 to +80 degrees.
Review of species
The selection of the core largely determines which specific mass of the insulating load will be able to carry a relax dowel-umbrella. For example, Metal rod (with nail, screw screw), allows you to withstand the hardest materials. But he has a significant disadvantage – the formation of “cold bridges”, which is generally bad for insulation of the walls. The polymer version is easier, but withstands smaller loads. A compromise solution is usually the steel dowel with an element called the thermal head.
By type of its design, a plate dowel can be spaced: with a nail, a screw, another core and a tip, expanding under load from the inside. These options are used on solid surfaces. Furgeless options with hardware with hardware are not completed, inserted into the drilled hole without it. Hold the product inside the wall structural elements.
This solution is suitable when wearing the house from the inside.
With a metal core
This species applies where you need to fix the insulation on the surface of concrete monolith or brick masonry. It is also relevant for assembling ventilated facade systems. The practice of fixing foam plastic with decorative coating with a mushroom dowels with a metal core is common. They are withstanding the most intense loads, suitable for hanging structures with a large mass. Also products with a metal core well have proven themselves when used on thin-walled and hollow facades.
With plastic rod
With the help of these dowels, fastening plates of polyurethane, foam, mineral wool. They are well suited for thermal insulation of the foundation. With the insulation of the facades, a plate dowel with a plastic core is used on the walls of foam concrete, wood, concrete monolith. Such fasteners are resistant to corrosion, exposure to the external environment, do not form “cold bridges”, but in their carrying and strength characteristics they inferior to metal analogues.
Important, To the dowels with a plastic core were made of one polymer. When using materials with different thermal expansion coefficients when heated or cooling, the product may crack and fall out of the wall.
With thermal head
This type of fasteners are focused on using on facades with plastered coating. There are special requirements for the formation of thermal deformations. The tip with the thermal head does not create conditions for the formation of condensate. Anchor part of the product does not postpone, preserving a reinforcing or decorative finishing layer without damage. Such dowels always have a plastic base that acts as an insulator for a metal rod with a nylon head.
Which option to choose?
Features of the choice of facade dowels for fastening thermal insulation are largely related to which base base is intended for installation. It is important to know certain moments.
- Fastening in foam concrete, aerated concrete. Here after installing a mushroom dowel must be blown into a wall at least 50-100 mm. Accordingly, the length of the fastener is selected taking into account these indicators. The optimal size of the spacer will be 100 mm.
- Fixation in a hollow brick or claying concrete. Here the walls are pretty hollow, require a significant gloss of the spacer. Optimally piercing a hole for 5-10 cm deep. The spacer area of the dowel must have a size of at least 80 mm. Only such indicators will allow to achieve reliable fastening.
- Installation in concrete, stone, full-length brick. Here the design of the walls has sufficient supporting characteristics. Blowing a plate dowel is needed by 25-50 mm, no more. The optimal size of the spacer zone is less than 80 mm. More significant indicators will not allow the whole rod entirely – it will simply fall out of it during the operation of the object.
These are basic recommendations that do not take into account the design features of the heat insulating layer. If the facade substrate and glue seam occupy more than 10 mm, this value is added to the calculated length of the fastener.
Double dowels have standard sizes that allow them to be easily selected to perform various tasks. The standard diameter of the sealing disk may vary in the range of 45-90 mm. If you need a large square of contact, the rondol is put on fasteners, which increases this indicator to 140 mm. In plastic dowels, the standard diameter is 80 or 100 mm. Relevant sizes 8×100 mm, 10×160 mm, 10×120 mm, 10×150 mm, 10×220 mm, 10×180 mm, 10×260 mm. In general, the length range varies from 4 to 40 cm. Metal have a diameter of a rod 10 mm, length from 90 to 150 mm, and sometimes up to 300 mm.
Products made of fiberglass are most often available in size 6×40, 6×60, 6×80 mm. Maximum length – 260 mm. They are marked as DS-2, produced with a head with a diameter of 60 mm. In their strength, such dowels are not inferior to metallic, but devoid of their flaws. When choosing fasteners it is worth considering that options with a plastic rod of more than 140 mm long are difficult to fasten.
Score them without deformation and is not easy. In this case, it is better to take advantage of products with a metal type of core.
Fastening the Masteries to the wall with a plate dowel is quite easy. The insulation must already be initially fixed on the wall by adhesive or skeleton. Optimal for the work is considered to be the choice of a period of time when the average values of atmospheric temperatures do not exceed 0 degrees.
- Marking is applied in the location of the fastener. On average, 1 m2 material accounts for 5-6 plate dowels.
- Through the insulation perforator drill holes. The diameter of the drill should be chosen on the basis of the fastener size. The depth of drilling must exceed the length of the rod by 10-15 mm.
- A mushroom dowel is installed in place. It is necessary to burst it so that the flat hat rests on the layer of heat insulation. Sufficiently tight push with hands, the hammer at this stage is not needed.
- The core is installed in place. Clogged with a hammer or screwed down while the fastener is safely fixed in the wall surface. After the deformation of the tip, the flat outer part will be firmly held the layer of heat insulation.
Observing these recommendations, you can install plates from various materials on the facade or inside the building. However, when performing work, other important points have to take into account. For example, when clogging the rod is very important to act neatly, especially if the plastic base of the spacer anchor and the rod are used. We will not be able to replace the usual hammer of the Cyans or install between the hammer and the wooden bar.
Properly installed plate dowels always dispose so that their heads are with a layer of insulation in the same plane. In case of violation of the technology of mounting the product, the product is drowning in the material or towers above it.
Masives and wall type. In the front structures of the dowel mushroom, are used in the corners of the plates and in their center. In the area of angular docking and in places undergoing intensive wind load, it is better to use a greater number of fasteners to increase reliability.
If this way is fastened to the thermal insulation on the “wet” facade system, you should act differently: The dowel is not driven into the wall between the heat insulating elements, but directly in their foundation. This allows you to improve installation reliability, prevents the insulation of thermal insulation.
Consumption of fastening elements such changes increase but slightly.
In the next video, you will find installation of a plate dowel DS-2 “Biysk”.