Construction Stapler – Simple, Comfortable and Practical Tool. Charges brackets, nails or studs. With it, 2 material is fixed with each other without much physical effort. In the article, we will tell you where these tools are used, which types are, and how to choose.
Description and device
Description and Device-Building (Furniture) Stapler are also called a bobbin gun, a bobbinist, a novelter, a taker. It serves for clutch of different materials: wood, chipboard, plywood, leather, insulation, cellophane. The types of staplers are not similar to each other, they work at the expense of different energy potential, fasten with brackets or nails, contain many differences.
But in how any of these tools is arranged, there are also unifying moments:
- The device of any kind can be with a plastic or metal case;
- The shock mechanism contains a drummer and spring (except for a pneumatic version);
- When shooting, any model is amortized;
- Each tool is endowed with a fuse from accidentally pressing a jug;
- All staplers are equipped with a mechanism with brackets or nails;
- The device ensures the entry of the bracket, followed by a bend;
- It is possible to control the accuracy of the shot;
- With the help of the regulator, the equipment is configured to work with surfaces of different degree of rigidity.
The furniture stapler works as follows:
- Hand and electrical models push the fastening element using a compressed spring, in a pneumatic product, the role of the spring plays a piston supplying fasteners due to compressed air;
- The taking action takes place with the use of electricity or mechanically;
- After pressing the smoke, the spring joins the spring (piston), which transmits the force of the brought;
- shock element, in turn, scores a bracket into the surface.
Before proceeding to work, you should adjust the impact mechanism under the type of material to be bonded.
Buffery pistols are professional (industrial) and household. They are used in production, where there is a need to connect materials with brackets (nails), and at home. The device replaces the usual hammer, only works with greater performance. Most often, the stapler is used in the furniture and woodworking industry. The device is easily held in one hand. With the help of tags, a large number of works are performed:
- The device is used for upholstery and drapery with cloth or leather;
- During the installation of a warm floor, anchor brackets are used to fix pipes;
- Window strokes are attached;
- Door platbands are installed;
- Mounted film, rubberoid, insulation and carpeted coatings;
- plastic, plywood, chipboard, MDF, cardboard to wood and other materials;
- With a stapler, wires and cables are stacked;
- pallets are collected;
- Takers are used for facing.
The widespread use of the bracket is due to their advantage over nails in the case when the locking element is needed, for example, cable.
Staplers are classified according to the method of use of energy, a mechanism provocating a shot, by type of consumed material (brackets, nails, universal), tasks and field of activity.
The main dividing feature is the type of energy that equipment uses. In this segment, three types of staplers are distinguished: mechanical, electric, pneumatic.
Knowing the technical characteristics of each species, you can decide what kind of work is suitable for a particular building tool.
After pressing the trigger, the stapler work is performed due to electrical energy – it can be served from the network or from the battery. After the shot, the trigger takes the former position. Models on the electric drive can punch dense surfaces and equipped with large brackets, up to 5 cm. Physical efforts are spent minimal.
Network electrical staplers operate from 220 W network. From the current blows protect the plastic case, rubberized elements on the taker’s handle, dual cable insulation.
Electrical appliance has many advantages.
- You can perform a large amount of work, in fact not tired. Especially not limited to time network models.
- Thanks to the powerful spring, there is a great impact force. It allows you to fasten the dense surface.
- Main power equipment produces 20-30 shots per minute. So there is an opportunity to work with high performance.
- The tool is endowed with an adjustable power of the blow, taking into account the density of the surface.
- Stapler contains a fuse that does not allow random shots.
- Electrical devices are endowed with a function of firing double brackets to enhance the fixation of materials.
- The equipment is installed in a pulse frequency control.
- The device contains a function of extracting stuck brackets from a working surface.
The cons of electrical scaffolding tools include several factors.
- Binding to the network. During the disconnection of electricity, the work stops.
- Cable dependence. Workflow can occur at a distance limited by wire.
- High cost relative to mechanical products.
The varieties of electrical equipment include models running in batteries. The main advantage is mobility that allows you to work in any distance from the outlet, even on the street. Maximum size of the served bracket – 3 cm. On one battery charge, you can make up to 1000 shots with a frequency of 30 shots per minute.
The minuses of this equipment include weight that can reach 2 kg, and a noncomfortable handle, as it contains a battery. From gravity and uncomfortable grabbing the hand quickly gets tired, performance drops.
The cost of the autonomous version exceeds the network model.
Instruments that work due to the energy of our own muscles. They have low performance, charge with a small amount of brackets. For fastening solid material require considerable effort.
The main element of the shock node is spring. In mechanical staplers it happens two types.
Twisted. The most budget version of manual testers contains a twisted spring. Its productivity is quite low, the blow is weak, the resource is small, only 12 thousand clutches. The shot is accompanied by a strong impact, which increases the power load on the hand of the employee and leads to fast fatigue. Determine the presence of twisted spring in the tool will help the adjustment screw installed on the housing.
- Spring (lamellar). Such a model is more durable, its performance is higher than the previous version, it is endowed with a great power of impact. The trigger is erected easier, noise is done less, the return during the shot is mild, does not tire the hand. The resource of the lamellar product is designed for 75 thousand shots. But the cost of equipment with a spring spring is an order of magnitude higher than the model with twisted layout.
Advantages of mechanical devices before electrical options are a bit, but they are:
- low weight;
- Convenient use in everyday life;
- no binding to the presence of electricity, to the wire;
- the ability to work in cramped places and complex positions;
- The mechanism is so simple that he has nothing to break;
- Budget value.
The sake of fairness should be noted and disadvantages:
- The manual stapler does not break the tight material;
- has a small power;
- needs to be careful and periodic lubricant, the regularity of which is marked in the instructions;
- not suitable for large volumes of work.
For household use, the manual model is pretty comfortable. Small dimensions and weight allow you to keep it in one hand. Performing a small amount of work, do not have time to get tired. Mechanical staples can be independently dragging the sofa or chairs, produce celofan, leather, tissue, insulation with plywood or chipboard.
Manual equipment has an unequal impact force, it is regulated by the switch. The presence of different power in mechanical models affects their cost. Some products are endowed with an additional impact.
If the bracket is fixed not completely, an additional power pulse occurs.
Mechanical devices with high power refer to professional takers. They allow for a long time with solid materials, withstand reinforced loads. Their cost is approximate to electrical models.
The most powerful type of bobbin pistols related to professional equipment. It is used on large industries and in small workshops. At home, pneumatic tools are uncomfortable and irrational. The device must be periodically cleaned.
Shot of a bracket or nails occurs due to the energy of compressed air (without a spring). From compressor or cylinder with compressed air, the pneumatic distributor supplies air into a pneumatic cylinder, which is the main working hub. This process uses network or rechargeable electricity. The average value of the operating pressure is 4-8 bar, depending on the equipment model.
Pneumatic staplers share stationary and manual. In the first case, the air flow is ensured by pressing the pedal, in the second – the incision of the jug. The device has many positive moments.
- High power and impact force.
- The most productive speed among any types of staplers – 60 shots per minute. Accordingly, great performance.
- Compact size and small weight of manual models (no more than 1 kg). This allows your hand not to get tired with long work.
- Equipment serves staples up to 5 cm long and medium-sized nails. Has a large spacious clip.
- The device is endowed with a blocking system.
- Protected from west brackets.
- Calculated for the multipleness of impacts and their adjustment.
- Contains multiple launch options.
- The design of the device is simple and durable.
Cons equipment are also substantial:
- the need for compressor;
- The pneumatic hose brings the inconvenience to the workflow, limits the movement;
- The device creates noise;
- Not suitable for service in everyday life.
This tool combined the ability of a stapler and hammer. It has a long handle with a scoring mechanism at the end. So that the bracket entered the plane, you need to swall ash and hit her hammer taking. Blow through the spring will protect the bracket to the outlet, and it will instantly enter the material.
The housing of the stapler is made of carbon fiber – it helps to reduce the weight of the tool. The ergonomic handle is covered with anti-slip material, which provides convenient capture while working and good labor productivity.
Loading bracket occurs in a brisk. The device is endowed with automatic locking and the ability to remove inaccurately entered fasteners. Weigh the product 800 g, designed for half a million shots.
The hammer tool is impossible to perfectly get into the target, so they use them where the accuracy of the strike is not important, but the speed of work is valued. For example, for floor mounting, rubberoid or insulation.
Rating the best models
In the domestic market, presented models of construction staplers from producers of different countries. Equipment from Japan and Germany is especially famous for its quality. We have prepared a selection of the most popular models of bobbin pistols.
- Makita DST112Z. The stapler is equipped with a battery. The time of continuous operation is calculated for 3 hours.
STURM ET4516. Budget electric tool, refueling brackets and nails. Differs high quality assembly. Produces 20 shots per minute. But has a relatively large weight – 1250 g.
Matrix Master. Popular hand taker, durable, durable, with steel case. Easy piercing metal sheets.
Stayer 31501. Hand lever tool with iron case. Adjustable impact force. Completed Case. But has a lot of weight and tight press.
“ZDSR ZSP-2000”. The Russian device is distinguished by low weight, the hand during operation does not get tired. Food from the network.
- Bosch Ptk 3,6 Li (0603968120). Good gendan battery model. It has high rapidity – 30 shots per minute, charges with brackets 11.4 mm. Reliable, durable, with a guarantee for 2 years. You can work in a wet environment. Weighs 800 g.
STANLEY LIGHT DUTY 6-TR150L. Popular lever stapler, mechanics. Ergonomic rubberized handle, steel case, power adjustment is present. Charged brackets and nails.
How to choose?
The choice of construction stapler determine the tasks that will face. If the tool is applied at home, you need a household model, for large-scale production work, you should choose a professional version, a semi-professional tool is suitable for a small workshop. All three categories differ in the final price and set of options. More durable professional equipment, it also contains the maximum number of functions.
When selecting a bobbin pistol, you should pay attention to other factors.
- Better to purchase a model that can be collected and disassembled. She has a special case, it is convenient to move to work to work on the road, to transport the instrument in the garage, to the country.
- You should pay attention to the size of the bracket that equipment fits, Match them with tasks expected from the stapler.
- The lever you need to choose ergonomic, with comfortable gripping and anti-slip coating. In addition, it is important to pay attention to its location, the closer it adjoins the case, the easier it is to work.
- Folding handle tool convenient for transportation. If the stapler does not have a fuse, the folded position will help to avoid a random shot, otherwise the staples must be extracted from the equipment every time after completing the work.
- The electrical network model should be selected with a cable length of at least 5 meters, Such a size will facilitate movement in space.
- It should be noted tool rate, In the electrical version, its components must have at least 30 blows per minute, with reduced indicators and productivity and productivity.
- When buying battery tags, pay attention to the battery capacity and charging duration. It is doubly more comfortable to have a spare power supply, then the work does not have to be interrupted during the charging of the seed energy carrier.
- Equipment is available in 2 types of enclosures – plastic and metallic. Need to decide for yourself, which is more important – the weight of the model or durability.
- The stapler with a thin tip on the working part will provide greater impact accuracy. A transparent store will allow you to control the number of available brackets and do not miss their replenishment.
- Mounting taker on wood and other materials should be able to react to surface density. If the workflow does not regulate relatively fastened items, it can be found that the stapler of the gang of the brackets, or they are easily entering the surface.
- As options nice to discover the device, Double bracket and additional impact function.
Choosing a tool, it should be remembered that each attached feature is reflected at its final cost. If the bobbin gun has to work rarely and only at home, it is better to think if additional options are needed, which may not have to take advantage of.
How to use?
Before starting to work, the tool should be replenished with brackets. In the mechanical model, this happens as follows:
- With the help of the fuse, the locking from unexpected inclusion;
- open the store cover and detect the clips section, some models are put forward;
- remove the rod with a spring;
- The block of the bracket is inserted into the section, turning them with the episodes against the handle;
- Then the rod from the spring is returned to the previous place, pressing the brackets;
- The store is closed, freeing the fuse;
- produce several test shots.
With nails come in the same way. Similar way to refuel electrical and pneumatic tools:
- The process starts from blocking a stapler;
- On the reverse side of the equipment find the fastening section and open it by pressing the button;
- In the grooves insert pins (small nails) or clip of the bracket, rushing it until the characteristic click;
- Then cover the lid, remove the lock, and make trial shots.
When the stapler is fully charged, proceed to work. Carefully connect two types of material that must be copped. The tool tight attach to the lock point – and press the start button or lever. After clicking, the taker is cleaned, and check the quality of the attachment.
If the bracket is perfectly located, it means that the density adjustment is made correctly and the work can be continued.
It should be remembered that while working with the stapler you need to follow safety. It consists in the following moments:
- You can not direct the tool towards people or animals;
- In poor well-being, it is better not to start the workflow;
- fixation of materials should be made in protective glasses and gloves, especially for industrial equipment;
- Electrical appliances need to be checked for health.
Rational use the stapler only with the right choice of tool. It must fully justify the price requirements and quality. For household conditions, it is not necessary to choose professional equipment – it will not only cost more, but also complicates non-good repair operations held at home.