Cement-based plaster is one of the most durable and most durable. The layer of plaster will provide not only sanitary, but also aesthetic function. It is needed to align the walls and protect them from all sorts of damage, and in addition, the role of thermal insulator and noise absorber will play.
Cement plaster is used for:
- finishes of various facades;
- leveling surfaces in spaces where there is no heating, or in rooms with a high degree of humidity;
- Close up of seams or cracks in the walls outside and inside buildings;
- leveling surfaces with essential defects;
- To prepare walls under the laying of tiles.
The main advantages of such compositions can be attributed:
- Plaster has excellent coating strength;
- The cement solution has a high grip with brick and concrete surfaces, filling themselves even small cracks. The coating itself comes out completely smooth;
- resistance to temperature difference;
- all known durability;
- Also, the plus can be considered the simplicity of the preparation of the solution: it is often made at home, just just mixing all components used in the desired fractions;
- Available for an ordinary ordinary average.
But there are such coatings and several minuses:
- complex installation;
- The surface comes out with a rough, for this reason it will be necessary to apply another finishing gypsum layer if the wall is prepared for color or pasting with wallpaper;
- Cement mortar makes the walls heavier and the impact on the foundation then increases;
- Almost complete absence of adhesion with wood and painted walls;
- The mixture gives shrinkage, and if you apply an overly thin layer, it can crack.
The main technical characteristics of cement plasters:
- Density. The strength of such a mixture will be directly dependent on the density coefficient.
- High heat conductivity.
- Parp permeability. To avoid condensate appearance, wall coatings should absorb excess moisture and bring it out.
- Drying time. The greater the thickness of the coating, the longer it will be the time of breathing, therefore it is best not to touch the applied plaster from the cement base at least a day.
Types and characteristics
Cement high-quality plaster product has two main varieties.
As part of these products, there is water, a certain type of sand and the cement brand you need, while all the elements are mixed in precisely calculated shares. The strength of this dry coating will be completely dependent on the characteristics of cement. For example, cement M150-200 is selected only for mounting inside various rooms, and a more resistant cement M300 brand and above – for high-quality shuttering of external facades.
Sand shares and cement bases for the manufacture of the mixture will also depend on the fractions of the selected sand, the desired end strength or scope of use.
To lay the average (ground) plaster layer, we need sand of a certain density and averaged parameters of 0.5-1 mm with a small amount of ral deposits.
Small sand applied at finishing work. Barite sand and serpentinite sand provide protection against various radiation. Metal chips (can be selected and dust) is often used in the cement mixture, it gives it excellent strength and viscosity. Marble flour and sand-type sands are used as a facade coating of a decorative plan.
Perlite sand will serve as excellent heat and sound insulated coating. When the sand lack, the mixture will reach drying too fast and not very durable.
Apply cement without sand is allowed only for putting small cracks, For alignment of various coatings, the composition without sand is not used.
The use of too small sand is undesirable, since the plaster can issue very impressive potholes. The presence in the sand of a huge number of different impurities leads to cracking of the finish as a result of its weakening.
The quality of the final surface will be directly dependent on the subspecies of the selected sand. The best option is river and washed sand with parameters 0.5-2 mm. Excessively large grades will give the walls of the walls noticeable roughness.
Sand with a 2.5 mm parameters are chosen only for brick coatings, and the sand is bigger than 0.5 cm – apply when mounting constructs from reinforced concrete.
Polymer and polymer cementing types of mixtures are selected for high-quality street work, and for work inside the building.
These species are not intended for initial wall equation, and serve only for their finishing finish. Unlike typical mixtures, these products include all sorts of additives – plasticizers and reinforcing elements.
To make the weight of the plastering mixture less, it includes harated lime. If this quenching is done with your own hands, then this lime needs to withstand the minimum of 2 weeks, Otherwise you can get a swift and detachment of the finish finish. Right made solution gets excellent strength.
The main advantages of such mixtures include:
- good adhesion with many construction materials;
- antibacterial properties;
- excellent plasticity of the mixture throughout its service life;
- Parry permeability that creates a high-quality microclimate in the room;
- Resistance to various abrasions.
The disadvantages can be called:
- low resistance to shock and stretching (as well as compressions);
- The limestone makes the cost of the mixture higher.
To obtain a more plastic solution, as well as increase its grip with the desired surface, includes plasticizers.
Most often their volume in such a mixture will be no more than 1%. The limestone perfectly improves the quality characteristics of cement.
CPS is perfectly withstanding moisture drops and different temperatures. This is the best choice for the outer decoration of the building, when there are no special requirements for this product. Such a mixture helps to fix all wall irregularities after they were insulated with cotton and foam, and also creates a so-desired layer of heat insulation.
The cement-sandy mixture is chosen for spaces with a large degree of humidity, as well as before fast coloring or before starting the tile laying.
With the help of the CPS, equal surfaces that have significant irregularities, they close the seams between the panels, eliminate various defects – this is the most lowest way to get rid of them for a long time.
Specialists do not advise the use of cement-sandy mortar for ceilings – it is better to choose high-quality gypsum solutions.
Toeliminate small defects, it is best to apply putty compositions, and to get rid of curvature with differentials up to 5-7 cm – it is better to choose cladding with plasterboard or special wall panels.
Mind-based formulations are chosen in order to align foam blocks, concrete walls, any brick and wood, To eliminate cracks and all sorts of irregularities. They are suitable in order to prepare walls for finishing work: applications of textured plaster, painting, pastries of various types of wallpaper and cladding with ceramics tiles.
You can purchase and universal stamps that are perfect for both facade and work inside buildings. In addition, they differ significantly from each other by applying – manually or using a machine.
Lime solutions are hypersensitive to certain conditions of installation, for example, Used at a positive temperature from 5 to 30°C. Mixes that recommend using with any degree of humidity can be selected for bathrooms and pools.
What better to choose?
If you need to choose plaster from cement for facade and internal works, then you first need to get acquainted with its high quality characteristics.
For internal work
Cement-limestone plaster is a very plastic, the easiest, but also at the same time – an unusually soft substance. This type of plaster will require final finishing with putty. For work with walls outside the building, this type of mixtures do not use, But for internal installation works are constantly used.
For outdoor decoration
Facade plaster is designed to perform 2 main functions:
- protect – in the very first place of atmospheric precipitation, so that the walls are not coming from rain and snow. It also protects from noise, limiting the penetration of various kinds of sounds in the room. In addition, it improves the thermal insulation of the walls and gives them homogeneity;
- decorate – equals the walls, prepares them for paint coloring. In addition, such plaster itself may have an original texture and an interesting color. It also helps hide small spots and various cracks.
For plaster, which is used for external works, the most important properties will be the strength and duration of service life.
The plastered surface will be constantly in contact with the external environment, so such plaster should have frost-resistant, moisture-resistant characteristics and inertness to UV radiation.
There are several varieties of sand mixtures that can be different in their composition and use area:
- Simple – Usually applied in 2 layers (“spray” and “soil”), it does not need beacons and “Cut”. This product is often found in the premises where the most smooth and smooth walls are not needed, as, for example, in the same basements or raw cellar, in the sheds and in attics, as well as in all wet rooms. Its main purpose – to high-quality holes, chips and other noticeable defects, carry out hygienic processing of wall coatings.
- Improved – Application in 3 and more approaches (to “spray” and “soil” added “covering”), the last layer is equal to such a device as a smooth. This is one of the most sought-after types of mixtures, which is selected when working with walls inside buildings, and to separate their facades. As a result, it turns out a smooth and perfect smooth wall with precisely calibrated corners.
- High quality (universal) – Here it is necessary to install beacons, at least 5 layers are applied (“spray”, 2-3 layers of primer and “covers”). “Cut” advised to secure cement to make waterproofing (moisture-resistant) properties higher and more durable – wall surface. The solution is used when working inside and outdoors that need as high quality as possible.
The main rules for working with a solution of cement base:
- The walls first are treated with a special primer to improve the grip, and therefore they dry carefully;
- To create a smooth plane, guides are fixed on the wall – beams. If the wall area is small, the beacons are replaced with slacks of the solution, the height of these slaps is set at the construction level;
- Instead of beacons, you can take a metal profile. It is fixed to the walls with a putty. In addition, you can create beacons from woods, they are fixed on the self-tapping screw. The most important thing is not to forget that the beacons must be located at a distance of 10-20 cm less than the width of such a tool, as a rule, it is them that will equate all coating layers;
- Finished plaster is applied to the walls with a trowel, and in order to create a layer of a large thickness, often used buckets. The very first layer of plaster is called “spray” – this is a high-quality basis for all the following layers.
Apply the next layer can be 2-3 hours after the first layer is grabbed.
- The second layer is placed from the bottom up, hiding under the previous layer. Perform work best of all sections of 1-1.5 m. After stucco, you should stretch and align the rule. It is most closely pressed to the beacons and lead up, while moving a slightly moving to the right to the right. Excessive solution from the tool is removed by a trowel, and in the formation of emptiness – with its help, a mixture is added to the desired location.
- This is how the entire gap is processed between two beacons, after which you can go to work further.
- To align small defects, beacons can not be applied. Work then under another technology. After the “spray” solution is distributed to the nose spatula to the top.
- To make the wall of the wall even smoother, you need to use another “corrupt” liquid mixture. Sand and cement proportions should be used as 1: 1 or 1: 3.
- After the process of application, while the cement-sandy coating itself has not yet risen, it is neatly rubbed. Using a grater, insignificant irregularities, various protrusions or visible grooves are removed with circular motions.
- Thus-processed wall coating after drying will be fully prepared for finishing finish. The plaster from cement will dry in 4-7 days at ordinary humidity in the room.
The plaster can be applied by manual and machine method, which method for you is preferable, you will learn from the recommendations on the packaging of a particular mixture, there will also be a minimum thickness of the applied solution. Machine for coating wall plaster helps to improve the quality of the work carried out and save.
How to make a mixture for cement plaster, as well as correctly apply it on the wall, see the next video.
Manufacturers and reviews
CPS from the company “Students” Created based on the high-quality grade of cement M-500. Has consumer reviews excellent plasticity and quite economical consumption, only 12 kg per square meter. Term of using a solution of one and a half hours.
Cement-sand and at the same time a universal mixture from this manufacturer has high elasticity and excellent vapor permeability. Not afraid of Morozov. The largest thickness of the solution is 30 mm.
Brand “CR 61” from “Ceresit” Used to align brick and stone masonry, and also often occurs during restoration work. 6.7 liters of water take to obtain a solution by 25 kg of the mixture.
“CT 29” can also be applied as high-quality putty. The thickness of any layer should not be more than 20 mm. Has high vapor permeability and resistance to negative climatic manifestations. “CT24” is selected for the surfaces from cellular concrete, plastic, vapor permeable and stable. It has no malicious chemical components, so it is considered the most environmentally friendly product.
Mark “Adgestion” from the manufacturer “Knauf” It has in its composition a cement basis, fillers from quartz and lime, as well as various kinds of additives. Produced for primary wall processing. When it is used, a rough texture is created. The mixture qualitatively regulates water absorption, can serve as a replacement of reinforcing grids.
Mark “Zoxelputz” has in its composition cement, sand and those additives, which increase adhesion. Can be used as a base facing. “Untersputz” is selected for premises with sufficiently high humidity. Lowers moisture absorption at the walls that have pores. Can be applied with a thin layer without fear that cracks will be formed.
Cement plaster M-100 from “Besto” – This is a ready-made composition, which is designed for the most rapid production of plaster mortar. The choice of this kind of compositions helps quality improve microclimate in any room. This composition can be used in the implementation of internal and external works using plastering stations.
Used to align brick and stone masonry, and also often occurs during restoration work. 6.7 liters of water take to obtain a solution by 25 kg of the mixture.