Construction and various types of repair Many do not imagine without the use of cement. There are many brands on sale, various additives for each type of construction work. But the M500 brand cement is considered one of the most successful, high-quality and used materials used in the extensive field of activities. What it is good and for which it can be applied will be considered in this article.
Cement is a powder of mineral origin of pretty fine grinding. It is made on the basis of silicate calcium compounds. Manufacturing is a waste process. The main component in the cement mixture – clinker. On limestone careers, the necessary raw materials are mined. Materials on special equipment are crushed into small particles (the fraction must be no more than 100 mm). After that, drying the granules. Next, the material is mixed with the rest of the cement components and burns. Thus, the clinker is formed.
Then it is crushed by adding gypsum stones and various additives. The impurities give various properties to cement: hydrophobic protected from moisture, plasticizers improve the quality of the solution, acid-resistant protect against chemical exposure. As a result, the final product is formed.
M500 M500 cement is used in construction to improve the strength of structures, creating various components of buildings, foundations, tracks and walls.
The number 500 means a maximum permissible load by 1 cm – in this case 500 kg. This is the best indicator of available cement species, which causes the great popularity of the brand in construction.
Types and characteristics
Developed two main types of cement M500. Their main difference is in the content of impurities.
- Clean composition. Dill – there are no impurities and substances in it to give certain additional characteristics. The use of this species is very extensive, brand without additives is most common in construction. Adding D0 to concrete makes it durable sustainable frost and humidity.
- With index d20. In this variety of the product there are additives, but not more than 20% of the whole mixture. It is common in construction facilities industrial scales and popular for the needs of ordinary consumers. His strength indicators are somewhat worse than in pure cement, nevertheless quality and durability have shown themselves better than similar characteristics of the M400 brand.
All impurities are divided into several species and give certain uses.
- Roll-hardening cement BTC. A distinctive feature of this composition is the ability to achieve complete hardness and readiness after 72 hours after the end of work, which is unusually fast for cement.
- Sulphate-resistant CSPC. It is used for foundations of great depths. This is due to the fact that additives are protected from sulfate water exposure. Groundwater and underground rivers contain often a large number of sulfates acting devastating on concrete structures.
- Plastic PL (with the addition of plasticizing additives). Increased elasticity and resistance to temperature drops is added to the main characteristics of M500.
- Hydrophobic GF – Resistant to water and wet vapors.
- Waterproof WRC. This view quickly begins to stick, while not passing water. Such features are very in demand during repair work to close the slots, cracks in which moisture can get.
- “Noble” BC. Most often it is used for decorative elements. It looks spectacular due to white.
One of the most important characteristics for five hundred cement is its resistance to low temperatures and their large oscillations. Especially brands with additives pl and hydrophobic suitable for extreme operating conditions. High frost resistance relevant for the climatic features of many corners of our country. At M500, it reaches 10 units.
Another fundamental indicator when choosing a cement mixture is its weight. In the manufacture of structures, concrete screeds, it is important to know what load they will apply on the base. For example, you perform a concrete screed in a wooden house. It is necessary that the boards sustain the load from the mineral mixture. Measure the mass of cement or concrete in kilograms is inappropriate, therefore, parameters such as specific weight and bulk density are used. The first is the size of the weight ratio of the mixture to its volume. The concept of density has a similar meaning.
In the process of work with cement mixtures, airspaces are formed between particles of compositions. If concrete fills the maximum cavity with air, it is considered true density. But in most cases it is unrealistic to perform. Thus, pores are formed, which affect the qualitative characteristics of the concrete solution.
Cement mixtures may have different density depending on the size of the clinker material, additives and impurities. Type of cement will affect how it will create a density of a concrete mix. Cements with low bulk density are used to prepare large volumes of concrete. This leads to a significant financial benefit.
The bulk density also depends on the storage period M500. Cement has just has an indicator of 1100-1200 kg per cube. M. The more the mixture lies, the denser and harder it becomes. Over time, values can reach 1600 kg per cube. M. At the same time, the true density indicator is within 3200 kg per cube. M. Bulk density will not be able to achieve this value even after a long time. In the pores, there will still be a small amount of air.
Specified and encrypted load 500 kg per square. CM Cement Solution begins to withstand 28 days after laying.
Time through which the mixture begins to grab and gradually fit – 45 minutes.
When buying a PC M500 worth paying attention to another quality indicator – shelf life. Cement is usually sold in bags of 50 kg. Not all sellers comply with the right storage conditions. It is necessary that the mixture was protected from excessive moisture, the tightness of the packaging was not broken, and the temperature in the warehouse always remained the plus.
For cement, a shelf life is installed 1 year. But over time, the composition will lose activity. For example, M500 after 60 days by technical parameters is converted to the M400 brand. After 6 months, the cement composition will be completely unsuitable for use.
Another negative point in the use of cement M500 cement is its instability to sulfate-containing substances. Therefore, it is better to avoid using this composition in soils containing an increased percentage of minerals and for the foundations in places where groundwater proceeds closely.
Scope of application
The technological features of the M500 brand make it possible to use it in construction almost everywhere.
High rates of frost resistance, hydrophobicity and long service life allow the use of this type of cement to the responsible objects:
- in the construction of roads;
- when booking airfields and airports;
- in the construction of hydraulic structures;
- for any types of monolithic structures;
- For the arrangement of the foundation in severe natural conditions.
With high mineralization of soils, sulphate-resistant modifications of five hundred cement.
In addition to industrial facilities, M500 is applicable in the agricultural industry, and in housing construction.
With it, repair and rehabilitation work, foundations with fast formwork due to high strength and rapid solidification. High-quality cement is used in the production of tiles for sidewalks.
Some types of concrete fences also require durable and durable cement.
M500 is part of mixtures for concrete, plaster, masonry and other types of building solutions. With it, reinforced concrete plates, overlaps, beams and various other designs are made. It is recommended to choose for a cement band tie.
Since cement powder is a purchased and demanded material in the construction market, its production is growing every year, and the list of manufacturers in different countries is only increasing.
Company LAFARDEHOLSIM It was formed relatively recently by fusion French brand Lafarge and Swiss Holsim. Both manufacturer have long been producing high-quality building mixtures, including five hundred portland cement. Thanks to the union, they took the leading position in the global market and represent their products in more than 90 countries. European suppliers are constantly improving production technology and try to increase the technical characteristics of cement formulations. The production of sulfate-resistant cement options is underway for work under difficult conditions and on various types of soils. Product prices are pretty democratic. In many ways, it was possible to achieve, developing construction materials on the territory of our country. Currently there are two factory in the Moscow and Kaluga regions representing the holding in our country.
In Russia and their own cement production. Known products of Pikalevsky, Mikhailovsky, Podolsky, Heat Azero, Spassky and Topkinsky factories. Wide distribution and popularity of buyers has gained the product of the company “EUROCEMENT”. Their products are produced in several cities of Russia. Five hundred cement is represented both in the form of a progressive mixture and various improved compositions. Prices are low, so products may well compete with European analogues.
Cemex brand is known worldwide. This is a Mexican company with an age history. Gradually, they began to expand the sphere of sales of their products and discover enterprises in different countries, including in the US, Europe and Russia. In our country, the brand came in 2002. Portland cement M500 is presented in modifications to D0, and in D20. Standard packing 50 kg, low price and guarantee of certified manufacturing on high-class equipment made it very competitive.
Tips for use
To independently choose a quality composition and apply it correctly, It is necessary to comply with some recommendations.
- Choose proven manufacturers. Large firms will value the reputation and quality of products, and also have more financial opportunities for its proper storage.
- Pay attention to the packaging. The weight of some packs can be 40, and 25 kg instead of standard 50.
- Check the date of manufacture. It is better to use the composition, made not more than a month ago, so that it retains its initial properties.
- The label must contain full information about all the included additives and standard labeling.
- Do not recommend mixing M500 with other cement brands in order to avoid loss of product quality.
What to take proportions for the cement mortar depends on what you need to get the result.
Some general advice still have.
- Sand for the mixture should be high-quality, homogeneous, fairly small fraction. To do this, it is better to pre-sift it. It guarantees the lack of garbage.
- Cement with sand needs to be thoroughly mixed before breeding water. It guarantees the best homogeneity of the mixture.
- Water is added at the rate of approximately 2 liters for ten kilograms of dry components. The amount may vary depending on the quality of the dry product. Dilute it is necessary to gradually, constantly stirring by a construction mixer.
- Do not try to change the proportions of the solution for the purpose of saving. The more thick mixture dries faster, but its strength and service life will be questionable. Liquid solution may not at all purchase the desired solid consistency after drying.
- While the mixture dries out, avoid drafts, moisture and temperature drops.
On how to fill the floor using cement M500, look next.