Some types of tiles are allocated among other unique appearance. One of these options is the popular cable tile, about the features and methods of styling.
What it is?
Tile – material possessing a variety of advantages. That is why it is often used to design the premises in apartments and country houses. In addition to the strength, moisture resistance and durability, the tile has excellent decorative properties. Most interesting visual effect allows the type of tile with the funny name “Cabanchik”. He appeared at the end of the XIX century, but due to its original form still has many fans.
The name was obtained due to the technological features of the creation process. When the solution fell into a form, it was possible to observe the formation of two holes. Outwardly, it resembled a pig piglet, so the product has become called “Cabancake”. Initially, the material was used only for finishing facades. Then he began to use it for registration of the Paris Metro. So the second name of the tile appeared – “Metro”.
Today, the Cabanchik is actively used when finishing interior (mostly kitchens and bathrooms). The texture of the material has changed, the color gamma has expanded, the general view became more elegant and attractive. Only a characteristic convex form of products, providing imitation of brickwork remained unchanged.
Modern manufacturers offer various options for tiles of this type. A distinctive feature that combines them is a rectangular shape resembling brick. Also, most of the products of this type have the edges of the edges of the products at an angle of 45 degrees. As for the color scheme, usually the “Cabanchik” is presented in monochrome versions, although there are exceptions.
The popularity of such products is explained by their numerous advantages, including:
- Strength. Special manufacturing technology provides increased hardness and stability of material to mechanical exposure.
- Durability. Due to the resistance of the tile to the temperature differences, high humidity and chemical substances, it is able to delight the owners for many years. Tile does not fade, keeping the external attractiveness and allowing you to save on repair work.
- A variety of design solutions. Even in the one-color version of the “Cabanchik” has a spectacular view suitable for any interior style. A variety of color gamut allows you to choose an option for every taste. You can also combine tiles with colored borders, combine two contrasting shades and even combine the “Cabanchik” with a conventional square or rectangular tile. With a competent selection of tones and sizes, you can get harmonious and interesting design.
As for the shortcomings, it is only one. A special shape of the tile slightly complicates its laying. Especially not easy to place a tile in the corners.
You can solve the question in two ways:
- hire professional craftsmen;
- Choose for registration Small section of the wall. In the absence of joints, you will be easy to put the tile, making it a spectacular stroke of the room.
Classic “Cabanchik” is performed in one color. This is both laconic strict tones (white, black, gray), and delicate pastel shades, and bright colors. In this case, the surface can be matte, glossy or even pearl. Interestingly, translucent glass tiles, golden and silvery products. Also modern manufacturers produce a tile, imitating marble or true brick. Separate brands offer Cabanchik with a drawing. More often it is geometric shapes and abstract patterns.
Most models of this type are produced from the chamfer, providing volume of coating. The surfaces decorated in this way look original even when using only one shade. Also on sale you can meet and “Cabanchik” flat shape. To make such a laying more expressive, often use the grout of contrasting color.
Tile size is chosen based on the size of the room and personal taste. The most miniature products have parameters of 7.5×10 cm or 8×10 cm, but the option 10×20 cm also uses greater popularity. Such a choice is optimal for any design. Large elements visually reduce the area of the room, but a larger tile can be used in spacious kitchens. It usually has a size of 10×30 cm.
Sometimes in one design combines tiles of different sizes, Example: a duet of small tiles and large “bricks” 30×10 cm will help create a very interesting composition. Keep in mind that such experiments better trust only professional designers.
Snow-white tile is a classic. Such a universal solution is suitable for any style of the interior, because white is combined with any other shades. In addition, white color is able to visually expand the boundaries of the room, which is especially relevant for bathrooms.
Black tile used less often, although it looks no less effectively. This option is more suitable for spacious premises. Black color looks great and as an accent, especially in combination with white.
Gray shades are neutral. If you have a bright kitchen set, but you do not know which decoration to pick up to get a harmonious and relatively calm interior, you can safely choose a light gray tile. This option is suitable and connoisseurs of minimalism. It, in combination with white and black flowers, creates a laconic and stylish setting.
Beige tile – Beautiful choice for those who prefer warm tones. Like white, he visually fills the room with light, makes it spacious. Unlike strict snow-white tile, such a “cable” makes the atmosphere of cozy and home. In the kitchen, beige tones can be successfully combined with chocolate. In the bathroom will look good beige-pink gamut, as well as a combination of beige with white, milk or gray tones.
Blue Ideal for bathrooms. It is associated with sea freshness and immense scope of pure sky. For the kitchen, such a color solution is not the best choice, since the coldness of the shade does not contribute to the appetite, but with a competent selection of the situation and accessories and such a dining area can be made beautiful and cozy.
Red color Prefer dynamic nature. Make up such a tile all the walls of the room are not recommended. So you risk getting too aggressive and even repulsive interior. In addition, the abundance of bright color will lead to excessive stress. As an accent element, such a “cable” will be quite. The best are red and white and red-black variation.
Green color acts soothingly, however designers do not recommend using bright green tones for walls. Better stop the choice on muted shades. The same applies to blue.
Turquoise and purple shades worth use with caution. It is better to combine them with other, calmer tones as a spectacular accent stroke.
Yellow and orange Create summer, solar mood. Choosing a tile of such juicy shades, be careful. Think, don’t you get tired of such brightness in a couple of weeks, because we usually laid tiles with the calculation of many years of operation.
In addition to the monophonic tile, there are colored options with different patterns. Noble looks at the grill tile “under marble”. Loft style connoisseurs will like the design “under the brick”, ideally inscribed in this concept. Those who want to create a romantic atmosphere may search for tiles with floral motifs.
Modern manufacturers offer Cabanchik with glossy and matte textures. Usually for the bathroom choose the first option. Gloss reflects light streams, visually expanding the space and making the coating especially spectacular. However, a matte tile looks no worse, but in practicality even exceeds glossy analogs. On matte tiles are not so noticeable drums and traces of water. In addition, it is easier for such a tile. It is also worth noting a variety of design of a matte “Cabanchik”. If the gloss is often presented with monochrome colors, then matte surfaces can have different prints, as well as mimic marble, brick and other materials.
How to choose?
When choosing a wall ceramic tile, it is important to consider not only personal preferences, but also the purpose of the material. For the bathroom and toilet it is better to choose a calm shade material. For decoration of the kitchen apron, you can purchase a brighter option. To make the walls of the walls did not get out of the overall design concept, it is also worth considering both the stylistics of the room.
- Art Deco style Welcomes the combination of sophistication and pulp. Here, the classic black and white gamma can be complemented by purple, pink and even turquoise strokes. It looks like a black tile, emphasized by gilding. Often it is used to receive the contrast of black and white. Usually, borders are used for this, but sometimes more bold “chess” options are used.
- In the Scandinavian interior perfectly fit tile white, gray, beige, brown. It will be appropriate and the option “under the brick”.
- For walls indoors Provence or Shebbi-Chic Snow white “Cabanchik”. The imitation of the aged material will also be quite by the way.
- Loft – Another style in which the effect of the facade decoration is welcomed and indoors. Here the tile can decorate not only the bathroom and the kitchen, but also a corridor, and rooms. Characteristic negligence and coarseness is achieved with a tile with a matte surface. Coloring in this case are preferred dark (black, brown, gray). Regardless of the color of the tile, the seams are filled with dark gray or black grout. Imitation of the real brick here will be the perfect choice.
- In a classic interior Will look good white, beige, brown, gray tile. Here is not a place to bright shades. On the contrary, the color scheme must be soft and calm. Elegant ornaments are allowed.
- In modern setting Any options are possible: delicate pastel tones or bright dynamic colors – the choice depends only on personal taste. Also do not forget to take into account the combination of tiles on the floor and furniture. All shades must be harmonized among themselves. If you fear that behind the tile, located at the stove, it will be difficult to care, you can protect this site with a transparent wall panel.
Choosing a manufacturer, focus on customer reviews. So you can choose a really high-quality material that will delight you for many years.
How to stack?
Depending on the technology of tile laying, you can get different design options. There are six main ways to design walls with the help of Cabanchik tiles.
- Classic method. The tile is placed on the wall so that the final version resembles brickwork. Each next row shifts to ½. As a result, it turns out quite interesting design. Even unprofessional will cope with work, so this method is selected more often than others.
- Horizontal laying. Here all tiles are located exactly under the other. Despite the seeming simplicity, this method forces only to experienced masters. Beautiful styling in this case can be achieved only under the condition of the most evenly and neat interlocking seams.
- “Stacks”. This technology allows you to visually increase the height of the room. Modules are located narrow side up, while the accuracy and decoratedness of strict parallel are extremely important. This method is not too popular, it is suitable only for extreme cases.
- “Chess”. Here the tile is laid in two modules. The first is located vertically, the second is horizontally. This technology is also used rarely.
- Diagonally. Diagonal placement of the “Cabancake” – the most spectacular option. In addition, it is able to visually expand the room. Put the tile in a similar way not easy.
- “Fir-tree”. This technology resembles parquet stacking. The result of the finishing of the premises is impressive in this way, but the process itself is very complex. In this case, it is necessary to crop each tile at an angle of 45 degrees (Saving).
Regardless of the method of laying, it is also worth considering several main points:
- A feature of the “Cabancake” is quite large thickness and weight, so the surface for laying such a tile is preparing as under painting. For greater reliability, the glue is applied not only on the surface of the wall, but also on the tiles themselves.
- Another important nuance is the inadmissibility of large interputric seams. The optimal width of the gap between the products does not exceed 2 mm.
- Complex moment is the design of the corners. To achieve an ideal result, you need to thoroughly align the walls in advance. It is also worth paying attention to the accuracy of the trimming of external angles and the choice of internal angles as the point of reference point.
- To install the sockets and switches to install, it is important to make preliminary calculations. Select places for such details, taking into account the location of the tile itself.
- All joints are processed by grouting or sealant. Thanks to the peculiarities of the appearance of the “Cabanchik”, even a light tile with a dark grout face very beautiful, so when choosing a color, focus on the style of the interior and your artistic taste.
Examples in the interior
Gray-beige tile with an exquisite carved border perfect for a classic bathroom. Gold plated details successfully complement the interior, making it “expensive” and stylish. Paul decoration in the walls – the right solution for creating a harmonious environment.
Cold beige tone is appropriate and in the kitchen. Such a tile is perfectly combined with a wooden tabletop, and with snow-white cabinets headset.
Lovers of bright colors can decide on the design of the kitchen in red tones. The perfect combination of red, white and black creates a spectacular contrasting atmosphere. “Cabanchik” of an unusual square shape with a characteristic fa asna fits perfectly into modern stylistics.
The combination of a classic white “Cabancake” with a square colored tile – an interesting designer move. Competent selection of a drawing, combined with a tone headset, provides the creation of an ideal interior with a unique character.
Strict, but stylish design creates a combination of a monochon white tile and a tile with a gray print. The brightness of the room is added small, but cute accessories.
How to make and apply in your work template for skating Cabanchik tiles, see below.