Block House is a popular variety of facing board and is widely used for outdoor and interior decoration of buildings. It perfectly imitates a natural bar and gives the structure of a natural and aesthetic appearance.
Block House is a planed wooden tipped panel, the outer side of which is exactly repeated by the form of the bar, and the inner has an absolutely smooth surface. Between the boards are connected via the Schip System, which greatly simplifies the installation and provides a reliable connection between the panels. The material has gained great popularity among the owners of frame structures, allowing you to quickly and cheap building a building. Houses, covered by a block house, is very difficult to distinguish from natural, cutter from a bar. Such a cladding gives the facade a solidity, high cost and indicates the impeccable taste of the owners.
The feature of the manufacture of panels is the pre-drying of wood, which is carried out in special chambers and completely eliminates the risk of longitudinal cracking of finished boards. In the process of processing wood loses a lot of moisture, thanks to which the lamellas have a very low humidity, not exceeding 15%. This acts as a guarantor of the lack of mold and fungus, and eliminates the appearance of a blue shade characteristic of unreasonable wood. The dried board is not subject to the shrinkage and deformation process, so that the panels are able to maintain the original form over long time.
Production panels Block House is produced in different dimensions. Length Lenamel may vary within 2-6 meters, the width is 9-19.5 cm, and the thickness is 2-4 cm. For interior decoration, products with a width of 9-15 cm are suitable, and it is better to use wide panels for outdoor cladding. Make a block house from solid and coniferous solid. The first are represented by lime and oak, and the second – Arkhangelsk pine, cedar, Siberian larch and fir. Coniferous panels are the most valuable material. Due to the considerable content of resin in the wood, waterproofing qualities of the board are significantly increased, the risk of wood lesion by bacteria causing rotting, and also increases the overall strength of the lamellae and their life.
Especially appreciated by the wood of the Siberian larch. Material has high hardness and moisture resistance, therefore is the most expensive. Spruce and pine have good resininess, sufficient strength and differ in the optimal value for money and quality. Cedar boards are able to adjust the level of humidity in the room and promote the creation of a favorable microclimate. When buying a block house, it should be remembered that the best and durable is the northern wood.
Popularity and high customer demand for facing panels Block House is due Near the positive qualities of the material.
- Universality. The trim board can be used both for external and interior decoration. With the help of a block house, you can not only high quality facade, but also perfectly sew the room of the bath, veranda or residential premises of rustic and ethnic styles. Mounting wooden panels can be on any type of base, including concrete, brick, wooden surfaces, as well as on walls of foam concrete and gas-silicate.
- Absolute environmental safety and good facade ventilability give the material with high hygienic properties. The facade retains the high properties of vapor permeability, reducing excessive moisture through the docking seams and wood, and in the room, trimmed by a block house, is always easy breathing.
- High resistance to mechanical loads. The material is well opposed to shocks and weights, lamellas are not resolve and not crack.
- Good maintainability. In case of damage to the board, the problem area is easily restored. To do this, it is enough to polish the defect, and then cover it with varnish.
- Small panel weight. Due to the lightweight material, it is possible to achieve a significant reduction in the weight load on the bearing walls of the building and the foundation.
- High resistance to thermacking, high humidity, as well as to the conditions of high and low temperatures, allows the use of material both in the conditions of the Far North and in the paired premises of the Russian bath and Finnish sauna.
- Easy installation is due to the presence of a universal lock system “Schip-groove”, which allows you to install yourself and in a short time.
- Excellent heat and noise insulation properties. The presence of a small space between the main wall and the covering of block houses allows you to put the insulation, while ensuring reliable protection from the cold and extraneous sounds. The reduction of thermal losses to a minimum will significantly save on the heating of the house.
- Aesthetic appearance and comfortable cost allow you to get a luxurious facade or stylish interior for very little money. Material for a long time retains the initial appearance, which will save from the need for frequent repairs. Refresh wooden panels with varnish is recommended at least once in 7 years.
- Good biological endurance and fire resistance of wood are due to antiseptic and antipap processing of raw materials carried out at the production stage.
In addition to numerous advantages, some disadvantages of material are noted. Among them, it is worth highlighting the need to periodically update the material with varnishes, mastic, simulators and antiseptics. It should be paid to the fact that wooden panels block house are somewhat more expensive than facing materials of artificial origin. Another disadvantage is flammable and low moisture resistance of certain types of panels. But this refers to the most budget, not passed special processing, models.
A block house with a timber imitation is made not only from natural wood. Vinyl and metal used as raw materials.
Metal panels are made of galvanized steel. The front side of the plank is covered with a polymeric material, perfectly imitating a drawing of wood fibers. The advantage of metal block house before wooden is a long service life, which is several tens of years, low cost and lack of need for regular update.
At the stage of production of the panel are coated with anti-corrosion, Preventing the destruction of metal and the appearance of rust. Thanks to the non-combustible material, the overall fire safety of the building increases. The disadvantages of the metal block house can be attributed to the formation of the greenhouse effect indoors and the need to install additional mounting structures.
Plastic panels that are made of vinyl are more suitable for interior decoration. The front side is covered with a polymer film, with wood painter applied to it. The advantages of this species are low cost, a huge selection of colors and textures, complete environmental safety and hygiene. Planks are small weight, easy to install, easy to care and do not need regular updates. The material is not subject to rotting, it does not represent interest for rodents and insects, eliminates the appearance of mold and fungus. The disadvantages include sensitivity to temperature differences, the need to form interpanel gaps, and not such a spectacular appearance, if compared with wooden models.
FEATURES OF MONTAGE
Facing panels Block House consists of several stages.
- It should be started with the preparation of the surface, which is to remove from the bottom of all the discovering elements: window sills, platbands, electrical wires, lanterns and eaves.
- The wall should be cleaned of dirt, cake large cracks, chips and deep depressions.
- The base should be coated with any waterproofing material, for example, pergamine. The canvas are mounted on a mustache and are fixed with aluminum tape.
- The next stage should be the installation of the root. The distance between adjacent bars must correspond to the width of the insulation.
- Wooden bars should be fixed by mounting elements intended precisely for the material from which the wall is made. For example, the brick or concrete base of the bar is attached using a dowel, and for the wooden surface, it is enough to use the screws.
- Should closely monitor the bars installed in a strictly vertical position. To accuracy, you need to use a construction level or plumb. Brucks must be framed by door loops, windows, angles and cross joints of block house panels.
- After installing bars, you should proceed to the installation of insulating plates, which are attached to the facade with umbrella dowels or special glue. If mineral wool was used as insulation, then it should be covered by moisture protection membrane. When insulating polystyrene foam or foam plastic, the laying of the membrane is not required.
- Next, you can start installing a block house. Installation should be made from below, checking the horizontal level of the first board using the level. The panel is attached to the shapper with self-draws, kleimers or nails.
Set the planks should groove down. It will help to avoid getting rain and snow inside the cladding, and will save wood from excessive moisture and swelling.
- When installing a block house, you should leave small gaps. This will prevent the deformation of the facing, which may arise from the expansion of wood as a result of sharp changes in climatic conditions.
- The final stage should be the installation of visors, wiring, windowsills, platforms and lamps.
Internal installation of panels is carried out along the same technology, except for laying plates of insulation and membranes.
Tips for choosing
It is recommended to bring material to the object in advance to enable wood to adapt to external conditions and installation location microclimate. This will allow you to dial the panels with the necessary humidity, as well as rid from the further change of the forms of panels. For the exterior finish, it is better to choose wood coniferous rocks growing in the northern regions. Large breeds can be used for interior decoration. When buying a material, you should check the availability of certificates of conformity and other accompanying documentation, and visually inspect the panels for the presence of bitch and other defects.
Block House Lovely timber timber. He significantly transforms any structure, giving him a solidity, high cost and style.
About how to bind the walls inside the house by a block house, look in the following video.