Ceiling wallpapers occupy a leading position among modern types of finishes. This material managed to become popular, as it is used in the Decor for a long time. Thanks to the chic selection of colors and textures, such wallpapers can be used in the design of any rooms. They allow you to create not only the atmosphere of comfort, but also visually improve the perception of space, making it volumetric and unusual.
What are there?
To date, the ceiling wallpapers are presented in a large assortment, ranging from affordable cheap models and ending with expensive exquisite options. All of them differ among themselves surface quality, structure and operating conditions.
Depending on the manufacturing technology, wallpaper on the ceiling is divided into:
- Single-layer smooth.
- Structural. Made on two layers of paper. The drawing on their web is applied using screen printing.
- Photo wallpaper. The most common type, which designers are often used to finish the ceilings. Their composition consists of separate parts collected in one piece on the ceiling.
It is also available on sale and super-resistant wallpapers, they are glued in kitchens and bathrooms. The surface of such a material is textured and well cleaned by contamination and dust.
As for other premises in which there will be an embossed cloth with a relief structure for them the right choice.
They are often used to finish the ceiling in the hall, as well as indispensable for the scenery of the uneven ceiling.
For small and low rooms specially produce thin wallpaper, imitating stone or ceramic tiles.
Looks well also in this situation and mirrored compositions with silk threads.
In modern design there are many ways to finish the ceiling, but the greatest demand is used, as they make the room original and cozy. In order to meet the needs of even the most demanding customers, manufacturers are constantly developing new product sketches and replenish the range of this product with unusual canvases.
At the moment there are five main varieties of ceiling wallpaper: Fliseline, vinyl, liquid, paper and glass. Their distinctive feature is the material used in the manufacture.
Wallpaper on a fliesline basis are considered the most sought-after ceiling design. They are made from dense material, so they are able to hide defects on surfaces well. In addition, the canvas play the role of additional protection against the ceiling cracking. Such products are not wedged, so it is great for painting.
In order for the room gorgeously transformed, it is enough to choose the desired shade of wallpaper and create a texture with a pattern on them.
Not inferior in their characteristics and vinyl products, which are a combination of two layers. The basis of such wallpapers is paper or phlizelin, and the surface is covered with polyvinyl chloride. The canvas have high operational properties and can be both texture and smooth. Material is resistant to moisture and chemical.
Recently, the ceiling finishes also began to use fiberglass wallpaper. They are made from glass bottles by weaving. Additionally, the product includes a modified starch. Products can be painted or varnished. The main advantage of such wallpapers is their naturalness, in addition, the canvas are not afraid of mechanical damage and can reliably serve until 30 years.
One of the varieties of decorative plaster are liquid wallpaper. They are distinguished by beautiful clutch with the surface of the ceiling, elasticity. Well suited for decoration of premises with irregularities and a large number of corners. Produced from ecological products – cellulose and artificial silk. Such wallpapers are able to accumulate heat, have sound insulation and countertilers.
Paper-based cloths, as a rule, consist of two paper layers. This type of wallpaper is the most economical for scenery. The main disadvantages of the material are the low strength and blotting, besides this, wallpapers can stretch in the process.
An important indicator when buying ceiling wallpapers will be their size. Classic product options are rolls 25 * 106, 17 * 53 or 125 * 75.
But for the ceiling decoration, it is best to give preference to a large length of a large length, it will help to save the material and relieve the trimming. As a rule, for this choose rolls longer than 100 m.
It is worth noting that wallpaper dimensions may differ depending on their type. For example, textile compositions are made from 53 to 80 cm in width and from 10 to 50 meters in length. For jute canvases, the indicator will be different – 95 * 770 cm, and glass windows can reach a length of up to 50 meters and width 1.5 meters.
The main detail in the interior is considered to be the color of the wallpaper, the creation of a favorable atmosphere in the office or the house depends on the right choice of their shade.
The design of the ceiling, walls, flooring should be harmoniously combined with furniture and the common room style.
Designers are recommended for each room to select the appropriate ceiling gamut, for example:
- The main place to rest is considered bedroom, Therefore, the harmony of calm should prevail in its interior. Beige, yellow or orange tones are suitable for finishing the ceilings in this room. For more energetic people who do not like to monotize, you can glue the wallpaper in pastel shades.
- Living room and office – This is a lively zone, here it is necessary to stimulate positive energy to realize the creative potential. For such premises, the ceiling of dark blue shades with drawings will be an excellent option.
- In the kitchen must constantly reign the atmosphere of good mood. Therefore, it is better for her to acquire a canvas of yellow, red or orange.
- Children’s room drawn up taking into account the nature and preferences of the child. Preferably for the ceiling in this room pick up natural shades and avoid colored contrasts. As an option, it can be white, beige or yellow shade.
Any design of the ceiling must be beautifully presented, so at the end of the finish, various scenery apply. It looks unusually with the ceiling wallpaper decoupage, which is templates with thematic patterns or patterns.
This type of design is usually suitable for classic style and choose people who value extravagance. You can also add the ceiling with elephant elements, they look original on the stands for the chandelier.
Often on the ceiling wallpaper combined with molding. These are special framing borders. Moldings are like straight and angular forms. Their use is infinite, due to an unusual type of design elements allow the originally to issue the ceiling and divide the room on the zones.
If wallpaper for painting was used as a finish, they can be painted with compositions that simulate the starry sky with clouds. Unusually also look at the ceiling drawings with angel.
Design style and ideas
Modern accommodation interior is represented by many design styles. Despite the fact that the fashion is constantly changing and requires a new, recently in the design of ceilings predominate vintage notes. Therefore, ceilings with gilded wallpapers are often found in modern living rooms and kitchens. At the same time, connoisseurs of classics choose large symmetric patterns for finishing, which effectively look on the canvases of saturated shades. In addition, in this direction of the interior, there are also monophonic wallpapers, re-organized stucco and molding.
For Baroque, designers recommend using a cloth with palace topics. The ceiling should not only complement the general view of the room, but also be indoors with a symbol of the sophistication of luxury. Therefore, the baroque uses wallpaper with large patterns, in the form of geometric weaving. As for their color, the right choice will be the canvas of golden, burgundy and beige shades.
Rococo also enjoys great popularity in the old trim, its main characteristic is gentle blue, white and pink ceilings.
If desired, transform the room into a cozy corner, you need to choose Provence with the ceiling wallpaper of floric topics. The ceiling is decorated with both cloths of natural colors, and decorated with floral ornaments.
For modern interiors, the blurred wallpaper is most often used. In this trim, the ceiling is not required to comply with strict decor rules. The canvas can be with clear lines and contrasting transitions.
The popular ideas of such a design include ceilings, covered with wallpapers under the skin, wood or stone.
How to choose?
Before pasting the ceiling, it is important to choose the right way to choose. Since this material is presented in a huge assortment, it will not be easy to do it.
In order for the finishing process quickly and pleased with the excellent result, you need to follow the following recommendations:
- Buy fatty natural wood bars. They are durable and do not burn out in the sun.
- To hide visual surface defects, you should exercise pasting ceiling in embossed wallpaper.
- Refer carefully to the composition of the material. All the necessary information is indicated on the rul marking.
- To the bright floor it is necessary to pick up glossy canvases, they look good in small rooms and visually expand the perimeter of space. Unusually combined in the interior of rooms and wallpaper with stars, creating an atmosphere of lightness and weightlessness.
- You need to buy material from one batch, otherwise there may be a color.
More like the choice of wallpaper, you can see in the following video.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge demand for ceiling wallpaper is explained by many of their positive characteristics. First of all, it is the most affordable finishing material. In the construction market there are many types of ceiling wallpapers, all of them are made of various raw materials and amazed with their rich coloring. Decorative canvases are not whimsical to the surface, and therefore do not require additional preparation of the ceiling. Due to the high density, such products fully hide all base defects.
Despite the pros, in this form, there are disadvantages:
- Little service life. The duration of the material service directly depends on its quality. Therefore, it is often necessary to change the way once every five years.
- The complexity of sticking. The ceiling and wall finish is different. For application of cauldons, assistance is required, as it is difficult to clean the surface horizontally.
Famous manufacturers and reviews
To date, there are many firms that are engaged in the manufacture of ceiling wallpapers. So, the vinyl products from the companies ESSEF, REDONA, AZCOAGA, MURELA have proven well. Their products are famous for the strength and content of mineral plant fibers. In addition, such wallpapers are not afraid of moisture and easily applied to the ceiling. Good reviews also received German manufacturers ERISMANN, ERFURT, AS CREATION.
Modern examples and options
So that the room has become a source of home comfort and heat, it is necessary to correctly think over all the details of the design, especially the ceiling.
The following rules will help to achieve the most interesting decision in design:
- For a dark room with a low ceiling you need to use vertical stripes, they will help visually elevate the room. Horizontal lines, on the contrary, empty space.
- The interior of large rooms beautifully looks at the ceilings, plated wallpaper with a pattern, they are able to hide irregularities. Small compositions are usually selected for small rooms. Under the bruscular wallpaper it is worth thinking out of not only the option of decor, but also a colored furniture palette. If there is insufficient light in the room, the linen of light tones are glued.
- Recently, the ceilings also finish with wallpaper from different collections. These are original ideas in design, but in order for the joint does not stand out, the canvas should be the same thickness.
- The color of the scenery can consist of two shades, but they must be harmoniously combined with each other.
It is also worth noting that thanks to this type of finishes, you can beautifully perform zoning rooms. Thus, the room is divided into two and more functional spaces. For example, in a small area of a small area, it will help to highlight the working office and the recreation area or place for games in the children’s room.
If you want to get something unusual in the design, it is recommended to shit the ceiling with two types, alternating their web. Strips can be one color, but differ only in the picture. The contrasting compositions of dark and bright inserts look original.
Tips and secrets
Ceiling pasting with wallpaper requires not only all materials, but also compliance with technology. So, a prerequisite for performing work is considered the complete absence in the room. Therefore, you can not open the doors and windows.
It is important to worry about the safety technique – to de-energize the wiring, put on a headdress and protective glasses.
Wallpaper is better glued, observing a certain methodology. So that the effect turns out to be stunning, not enough to just cut the strips and re-establish them the ceiling. Designer tricks will help not only visually lift the ceiling, but also give the interior an unusual view. To do this, use the coding technology of two canvases of various textures and colors. Such a combination allows you to hide all visible flaws of the ceiling and emphasizes the most beautiful places in the room.
In addition, the ceiling wallpapers can be painted beautifully. Elegant compositions will harmoniously fit into the interior of the room and point to her design style.