In our review we will tell about the Crimean Shelter. This is an environmentally friendly material with high sound and thermal insulation characteristics. It is actively used in the construction of the framework of residential buildings, the construction of fences, roads, as well as when laying the foundation.
As you know, most of the building materials take place several stages of processing from natural raw materials. So, Red brick passes through the firing, aerated concrete is subjected to autoclave solidification, and slag blocks are obtained by mixing cement mortar and mineral filler.
Perhaps the only material that is ready for use in its original form is a seven.
It represents the accumulation of fragments of shells and ancient mollusks. For millions of years, they accumulated at the bottom of the ancient oceans and transformed into a solid stone. All that remains people – just dig it and cut into separate blocks.
Separate crushed and whole pieces of mollusc shells are bonded with a lime cement, Thanks to this chemical composition, this stone acquires a number of useful characteristics:
- Porous structure determines high diffusion parameters;
- The presence of iodine and salt in the chemical composition of the breed saturates air to health benefits, exhibits expressed antibacterial properties;
- Rakushnyak has zero radiation background;
- has an increased filtering ability;
- not subject to corrosion and rotting.
The material has the following physical characteristics:
- thermal conductivity – 0.3-0.8 W / m2;
- Frost resistance – 25 cycles;
- Material density – approximately 2 100 kg / m3, water absorption -15%.
Crimean Rakushnyak is produced by blocks 380x180x180 mm, the mass of each is 15 – 25 kg.
The most famous deposits of the Crimean Carnish are located in Sak. It is produced by open technology without special energy consumption, which is why the selling value of such blocks at the field is rather low. However, as it removes from the career, the price of the rikushnyak increases many times, because the cost of its transportation increases to the cost of material.
Pros and cons
The advantages of using Crimean shell limestone are indisputable:
- Under the action of oxygen, the seven is not oxidized and does not react with any other substances, it refers to the inert substances;
- It does not melt, does not light up under the action of elevated temperatures, does not highlight toxic vapors;
- Due to the presence of useful elements in a chemical structure, a healing microclimate creates, saturates the air by ion particles and disinfects it;
- undergoing the most standard tools, so that the blocks can be given a different shape;
- features high resistance to adverse natural factors;
- characterized by high strength;
- Pores cause high heat and noise insulation, and in addition, they produce condensate from the room outward;
- The material does not miss radiation;
- has a unique texture presented in more than 10 natural colors.
Due to the high performance characteristics of the crown from the Saksky career, it is often used to build buildings, it is used everywhere to finish all sorts of structures.
Applying an rikushnyak as a basic building material, you can be quite sure that a lot of decades will be able to please you with your strength, fortress and aesthetics.
Nevertheless, there are their subtleties and some restrictions on which you need to know.
- The sewer has a relatively low bearing capacity, so it is most often used in low-rise construction.
- The material is not enough to fully hold the fastening elements, especially the blocks of the M15 brand. To cope with such a problem, you need to use only the most modern fasteners.
- There is no standard of geometry in the rikushka blocks, because when the stone is mined, smooth shapes and accurate dimensions are not always obtained – deviations for a couple of centimeters are allowed here.
- High water absorption. To get rid of this shortage, the material of the walls from the shell must be properly protected from the outside, to process with special water-repellent impregnations, insulate and stuck. Before switching to the interior decoration of an enclaring structure, it is necessary to perform insulation and complete facade finish. If neglected by this stage, in winter, homeowners will have to face dampness in the room and increased heating costs.
- The easiest is the stone with the M10 marking. Its estimated load on each stone multiple times exceeds the one that is needed to create laying the lower row of the structure in two floors. This means that even building modules with the smallest density parameters have at least a 10-fold margin of safety.
On practice M10 and M15 stones are used in housing construction, because during transportation and cargo-loading works, the roshnyak is sat down. It makes work economically inappropriate, because the consumption of goods and time for installation increases many times. However, for the construction of fences, baths, household buildings and mansard floors such a decision can be optimal.
- Rakushnyak brand M25 weighs 15 kg. This material has medium strength parameters, porosity and endurance. In the event of a fall, the stone can crash for 2 components. With ease withstand reinforced concrete floors. Everywhere is used to build buildings in 2-3 floors. Widespread for the formation of partitions in multi-storey residential buildings from monolith.
- The most dense and hard is the rocusnyak brand M35, Mass of one block is 23-26 kg. It is a dense and pretty heavy material, it does not even split even when falling. It is widely used in the arrangement of foundations and basements, in demand for the construction of the first floors of multi-storey buildings. However, M35 has a rather high cost, so it is used infrequently.
Rakushnyak from Crimea found an application in the construction sphere, while calculating the required consumption of the material is easy.
The standard unit has dimensions of approximately 18x18x38, each square meter of the surface will require 30 typical modules When performing construction masonry in one brick, only 18 blocks will need when laying in the Pollipich. To build low houses in the middle climatic strip there will be a fairly width of the walls in one block. When mounting the wall in Pollipich, the building will require additional insulation.
One block can replace 8-10 clay bricks, so the laying is performed very quickly and simply, does not require special skills and special tools.
Walls from the shells are able to withstand overlapping of all types – made of steel, reinforced concrete, as well as wood. But if you want to live in an environmentally friendly dwelling, then preference is worth paying wooden beams. But in seismically unfavorable areas it is worth useing monolithic constructions of reinforced concrete.
In the process of completing construction work, the need for additional processing of limestone, performing jumpers, laying beams or dressing elements. Handle limestone is quite simple, so, all the necessary elements can be pitched the most ordinary home saw.
Some owners of houses leave the inner walls of molluscs without decoration. Such a stylistic solution allows to emphasize the concept of Ecodom and the connection of dwelling with nature.
However, experts recommend to leave unlanized only part of the wall, all other surfaces need lining with plasterboard or plaster.
On the benefits of the shell and construction of houses from it, see the video.