Puzzle plates, or blocks for partitions, came to shift plasterboard and other popular materials. Full-tempered gypsum and hollow plates of 667 × 500 × 80 mm, other options allow you to easily change the layout in the house or apartment, provide good noise insulation and have a mass of other benefits. All the pros and cons, as well as the features of the installation of PGP are worth talking in more detail.
What it is?
Puzzle plates – Building material used in the construction of the inner walls and partitions. They are made of gypsum or silicate, supplemented by special components that increase the performance characteristics of the product. Puzzle – a special type of mounting compound, it allows full sealing and leveling of seams, significantly speeds up the assembly process. Wall Details are just going, not more difficult than children’s designer.
Panels are available according to GOST 6428-83 by casting. According to its requirements, monolithic blocks must have a rectangular shape, a smooth and smooth surface that does not require additional spitting when finishing. In addition to the construction of internal non-carrying partitions, they are successfully applied in facing of bearing walls and other structures.
Application allowed in public and residential buildings, administrative and industrial premises.
Varieties in composition
The main classification of PGP is based on the material of the manufacture – the mixture may be plaster or silicate. But there are other differences. For example, the thickness of the product. PGB, or blocks with a puzzle compound, more massive, it is quite possible to build the inner walls of the building, ensuring sufficient sound insulation. Plates are calculated, rather, on hanging over the bearing structures – frame or monolithic element.
Products obtained by molding. PGP on a plaster basis is a mixture of the main dry matter with plasticizing and other additives. The main purpose of auxiliary ingredients is an increase in moisture resistance. The plaster itself easily absorbs moisture and becomes loose. Protective components help make it more resistant to external influences.
Gypsum – Environmentally friendly material allowed to use in children’s rooms, medical facilities, cafes and restaurants. It does not emit harmful substances, has a long service life. PGP made of plaster provide heat insulation, sound insulation.
In terms of fire resistance, they are one of the best, which allows you to use such plates when erecting partitions for cutting off the fire, improving the safety of buildings and structures in the event.
Puzzle plates of this type are made on a mineral basis, using finely phrase quartz sand and dry smoky lime. The mixture is diluted with water in a certain proportion, the mold stage passes, then pressed, processed in the autoclave. Such multistage production process allows you to get blocks with excellent performance. They have reduced the coefficient of water absorption, and the density and strength is much higher.
Expands and scope. Silicate PGPs are well suited for mounting as self-supporting designs. They can be used in bathrooms, bathrooms, laundry facilities.
But no groove and ridge on horizontal joints makes the installation more complex.
Types of filling
Filling plates too differently. It is full, as well as void – such structures absorb wellness well, better keep warm. The differences of each of the species should be considered in more detail.
This category includes plates in which longitudinal through holes are made. They weigh on 1/4 less, which can be significantly when calculating the load on the floor and the foundation. Such products provide better sound insulation, well kept warm – can be saved on heating. But according to the strength characteristics and supporting abilities, they are very inferior to monolithic variants.
Moreover, when you have to close the voids in the sidewalls.
Classic puzzle plates are pretty heavy, but have impressive carrier abilities. They are dense, well suited for hanging shelves and cabinets. High strength also matters, especially if the elementary semi-supporting partitions. In this wall you can install the interroom door.
Species by moisture resistance
PGP is often seen as a material that is not too suitable for use in wet rooms. But they are different too. Ordinary water absorption options 25-30% are really intended only for dry spaces.
Moisture-proof products with special hydrophobic additives are painted in green. Their coefficient moisture absorption does not exceed 5%, which makes the material suitable for use in kitchens, bathrooms.
Specifications and sizes
The main indicators of puzzle plates, regardless of their design, are determined by the requirements of the State Standard. The environmental friendliness of the material is determined by the absence of potentially harmful or hazardous additives in its composition. Other properties are also regulated. Among the most important parameters can be allocated:
- The density of silicate plates is from 1870 kg / m3, plaster – up to 1350 kg / m3;
- compression strength – 5.0 MPa, on bending – 2.4 MPa;
- thermal conductivity – 0.29-0.35;
- water absorption – up to 5% in moisture resistant, 25-30% in conventional;
- permissible humidity – no more than 12%;
- carrier ability – 874-907 kgf;
- Noise insulation coefficient – 34-40 dB;
- Fire resistance limit – up to 4 hours.
The dimensional range of puzzle plates is limited. Standard thickness options – 80 and 100 mm. The ratio of length and width can be as follows: 667 × 500 mm, 900 × 300 mm, 800 × 400 mm, 600 × 300 mm. Mass medium hollow products made of plaster is 22-24 kg full-time – up to 32 kg. Silicate PGP easier, they weigh about 15.6 kg.
Pros and cons
Puzzle plates – relatively new material, which is considered to be a modern analog of plasterboard and other similar options. They have a lot of advantages allocating such products from the total mass, but there are certain disadvantages. All these moments are worth talking.
Among the obvious advantages of PGP, the following factors can be distinguished.
- Small weight. Load for foundation and floors will be minimal. This is important in urban accommodation, and in a country house. Even the country’s construction will endure such a partition.
- Strength. Plates are thicker in comparison with plasterboard, it is better to carry out percussion loads. Additional ribs of stiffery serve castle compounds grooves. They also strengthen the wall.
- Easy cutting and editing. Plates quickly dock, they can be cut into size, subject to other types of machining.
- Smooth surface, perfectly smooth. The collected wall is fully ready for decorative trim. It is enough to brew and paint, go to the wallpaper. This reduces the complexity of finishing work, makes them less dirty.
- Ability to use various types of fasteners. In the panel you can hang shelves and cabinets using self-tapping screws, dowels.
- Safety and environmental friendliness. The material fireproof, complies with the most stringent hygienic standards. Sound insulation indicators are higher than that of analogs.
- No restrictions on choosing partition type. They can be single and double, with a 40 mm airborne inside or without it.
- The ratio of characteristics. Having a thickness of 80 mm stove corresponds to a similar concrete wall in 400 mm.
- Ease of laying of internal communications. You can skip through the wall a new line of water supply or gas pipeline.
- Opportunity to work alone. This is much more convenient than cycling auxiliary labor.
Does not do without minuses. These include Lower bearing abilities from hollow plates. They do not suit the consolidation of heavy items. To ensure sustainability when assembling, additional installation of the plates to the ceiling is required. In comparison with brick or monolithic partitions, PGP still lose.
Materials with low moisture resistance are not suitable for the bathroom and kitchen.
Today, the production of puzzle plates is carried out dozens of companies. But even recently this list has hardly numbered 2-3 brands. With the growth of competition increased and product range. Among those brands whose products today should be considered to acquire, the following can be distinguished.
- Knauf. The company with German roots has long won popularity in the Russian market. This brand PGP is presented in a wide range of sizes, differ in the stability of geometric parameters and excellent quality. Knauf releases both moisture-resistant and ordinary plates, preferring options from plaster.
- “Magma”. Enterprise from the Republic of Mordovia. Actively increasing production, uses German technologies and equipment in the process of their work. PGP is made entitled “Gypsoplit”, the brand offers brand glue composition. Assortment presents full-scale and hollow elements.
- “Rosen”. Moscow region brand with a plant in Ramensky district. Started working as a manufacturer of dry building mixes, gradually expanding its range. Today, the company confidently keeps one of the leading positions in the PGP market.
- “ECO”. A small enterprise in Yaroslavl, has been working since 2004, specializing in reinforced concrete and products from it. PGP are produced on German equipment. The brand focuses on silicate hollow plates.
- “Gypsopolymer”. The company in the Perm region has been operating since 1953, but the launch of a line for the manufacture of puzzle plates occurred only in 2013. Products are distinguished by the available price, stable quality, is valued by builders not only in the region, but also beyond. Puzzle plates 80 and 100 mm thick, conventional and hollow, with varying degrees of moisture resistance.
- “VOLMA”. Brand from Volgograd, appeared in 1999 on the basis of the previously existing enterprise. One of the leaders of the Russian market. Today, the company has several factories at once, and the production volumes make it possible to easily cover not only internal demand. The company has strict standardization, the quality of the PGP is always at the height, fiberglass uses for hardening the plates. The assortment has full and hollow gypsum products with different moisture resistance.
- LLC “Axolit”. The enterprise that has recently published – in 2013. Brand from the very beginning launched the production of oxidic plates from plates, also in its assortment there are dry mixes and plasterboard sheets.
- Forman. Despite the foreign name, the manufacturer of products under this brand is the Samara Gypsum Plastic Combine. PGP are produced since 2013, the guidelines are European standards for this type of blocks. The factory specifically purchased the German line of equipment, pays great attention to the mixture recipe.
- “Peshlean Gypsum Plant”. This company leads its production directly at the plaster deposit. The firm of one of the first in Russia began to produce a new type of product – PGP, back in 2002. In the assortment only blocks of 80 mm thick, ordinary, hollow and shungite, with special properties.
- “Belgips”. Belarusian manufacturer specializing in the manufacture of gypsum cast products. PGP is produced here since 2005, in the range only blocks 80 mm thick. Today, the company is part of the GC “VOLMA”, while the old trademark has retained its relevance.
- Gifas. Products under this brand produces “Sverdlovsk Plant Gypsum Products”. Products are known mainly in the regional market. Stoves size only one – 80 mm thick.
These are the main leaders of the domestic market of puzzle plates. In addition, many foreign manufacturers can be found similar products.
The main sphere in which puzzle plates are used – the construction of jumpers, partitions in construction. From blocks with a thickness of 100 mm, self-supporting walls are erected, separating the bathroom or creating additional division of space in the bathroom. For technical purposes in offices, in production, in the wall structure decoration, they also apply. Installation is carried out on a concrete tie or other smooth and durable base.
To build a wall partition with improved insulating characteristics, a parallel installation of 2 vertical structures with air layer 40-50 mm between them is used between them. The main technology of installation involves the presence of already erected bearing elements. Installation of partitions is carried out before the start of the finishing works.
Sometimes double walls do to hide communication lines inside them.
Selection of glue
When carrying out installation work using puzzle plates, the main assembly goes. But it will not be possible to easily do without a solution. It connects the horizontal rows. It is worth considering that the composition for the installation should be non-shroud, so as not to deform the seam. The optimal solution is considered to be Fugen from KNAUF, but you can choose any other type of gypsum polymer mixtures. For blocks on a silicate basis, the best solution is a special adhesive for working with aerated concrete, foam concrete.
In order to make a partition from puzzle plates, you need to comply with a certain sequence of actions. The most rational is the following work.
- Planning. It is necessary to place the surface of the floor and walls where the partition will be. Given the height and length, the amount of material for it is calculated.
- Surface preparation. From it you need to remove traces of any contaminants, then check the geometric parameters using a level. If the surface has noticeable height differences, additional alignment will be required.
- Preparation of mounting solution. It is quickly grasped, it makes no sense to prepare big portions.
- Cutting crest. It is necessary in order to increase the contact area with the base at the first row, make the design more stable. Styling It is recommended to start, installing products groove up.
- Mounting. The solution is applied to the base itself and on the Surface adjacent to the support. Each panel is measured by level. The grooves are missing with glue, combined with spikes. Seal the area of adjacent when installing blocks can be Cyan.
- When laying out each next row, the seams are shifted. In odd put a whole slab first, in even – the first is half. All excess glue is carefully deleted.
- Every 4-5 rows need to take a break for 3 hours so that the solution can grab. Otherwise, the risk of structural collapse.
- In the last row, the comb is cut by analogy with the first. In the place of adjustment to the ceiling edge slightly miserable. Increase the rigidity of the structure will help the fastening of even rows by aluminum brackets to the wall.
Following these recommendations, it will not work with independent installation of puzzle plates.
Reviews about Puzzle plates look quite convincing. Buyers note the ease of installation of partitions, high speed of work. Unlike drywall, the slabs have compact dimensions, conveniently stored and stored. Their rise to floors does not represent difficulties for people with different physical abilities. The most popular version of the thickness for the inner partitions, according to reviews, is an option for 80 mm.
Buyers celebrate excellent soundproofing characteristics. With the right installation, you can not worry about the penetration of outsiders. Do not cause complaints and carriers of such walls. When using dowel fasteners, they completely successfully withstand mounted kitchen cabinets or shelves in the rooms. The absence of dirt when finishing the premises is also taken into account as a significant advantage.
The claimation of the PGP in the sphere of redevelopment of commercial, office real estate. Such light partitions do not violate the requirements of hygienic and fire safety, are quickly going, they are easy to dismantle, if necessary. There are some complaints. PGP – quite fragile material, requires careful appeal. Intense percussion loads are contraindicated. Installation also requires careful preparation of the base, the height differences will result in deformation. There are also limitations in height, the length of the walls – it can represent certain inconveniences.