ZFO means “Protective Functional Clothing”, in this decoding is hidden and the main purpose of workwear – defend an employee from any production hazards. In our review we will tell you more about the main features of the use of special clothing, its varieties and intricacies of the choice of certain models depending on production conditions.
Zfo was originally designed to protect employees production and construction professions, the labor responsibilities of which are associated with the danger of health and livelihoods.
Specialovka will protect workers from the dangerous impact of external adverse external factors, which is why when it is sewing to order or buying it is necessary to ensure that Products exactly complied with the following basic requirements.
- Free cut – overalls, trousers and jackets should not limit movements, an employee, fulfilling his labor duties, should not feel discomfort.
- Functionality – protective type overalls can be additionally supplied with straps, carbines, overhead or built-in pockets to enhance ergonomics.
- Good physical characteristics – ZFO should be easily overwhelmed, having dirt-repellent properties and do not mock in the rain.
- Thermal conductivity – When working in winter, the fabric should protect a person from heat loss, and in the summer it should absorb and remove all excess moisture, keeping a full air exchange.
- Wear resistance – any workwear should be sewn from durable materials that will protect the employee from small injuries and mechanical damage.
- Unlike everyday, overalls are sewn so that one identical suit can wear two people of different components, so they are usually visually “Overseas”.
The main categories of ZFO include such.
- Overalls, jackets and pants – They can be used both indoors and on the street. Winter models are produced from insulated materials, as well as options from lightweight tissues.
- Spets-shoes – the most important element of the working specialovka, is used to protect the employee from mechanical damage, electric shock, reduced or elevated temperatures, protects legs from dirt.
- Gloves and mittens – Most of the works related to physical labor are performed by hand. It is for them the greatest loads, so they additionally need to be protected. Usually, several varieties of gloves are used to protect hands – they can be chemically resistant, waterproof, dielectric, as well as insulated.
- Hats – This category includes baseball caps, hats, caps, as well as helmets. In the summer, they protect their heads from heat and overheating, and in winter – from snow and frost.
If the risk of mechanical damage, as it happens on construction sites, also use strong helmets instead of conventional hats.
- As elements of additional protection protrud Respirators, masks, shields, glasses, headphones and gas masks.
Pay attention to the fact that no clothing can provide 100% protection, whatever high quality and practical. Wearing ZFO does not exempt the employee from the obligation to observe the safety standards.
Overview of species and classes of protecting overalls
Several species and classes of protection of overalls depending on the type of threats.
- Teplova – implies protection against elevated temperatures, such a ZFO is especially relevant for welders and metallurgists. Usually in this area are used overalls from fire-resistant materials that cover the whole body of the employee.
- Chemical – Used in contact with acids, alkaline solutions, oils, gasoline and other aggressive substances that can cause burns and tissue damage. Usually used in some industries, as well as in laboratories.
Such clothing is made from chemical resistant materials and use additional equipment in the form of glasses, respirators and gloves.
- Electric – When working with any equipment on the electric arc, the risk of defeating employee to the current is always preserved. In order to protect yourself from injury, the special equipment is sewn, which does not spend the current. Usually such protective clothing involves special gloves, bots or galoishes.
- Physical – In any production, such hazardous factors as items with sharp edges flying at the chips and other phenomena at rates are not excluded. They are caused by bruises, scratches and cuts. In such conditions, various types of overalls are used – usually costumes and overalls of particularly durable fabrics, as well as additional means in the form of glasses and masks.
- Biological – With such a type of threats, workers of laboratories and medical institutions are commonly faced.
Correctly selected equipment can minimize the likelihood of infection with hazardous diseases.
Overalls may be like this:
- Signal. Such ammunition uses DPS officers, as well as representatives of road services. The main element of such overalls are reflective bands, due to which maximum visibility is ensured in the dark.
- From mechanical influences. To refer to this category of specialists, the marking of ZMI is used, which means “protection against mechanical damage”.
Clothing of this type protects the skin of the employee from punctures and cuts, and head – from hitting heavy objects. As a rule, includes overalls of particularly dense tissue and hard hat.
- From slipping. When choosing clothing against sliding, special attention should be paid to the special boss, in particular, its sole. In order to provide an employee of the maximum adhesion with wet, polluted or iced surfaces. Own oil-resistant and frost-resistant materials are used.
The outer part of the sole is usually protected by deep treads, and sometimes even spikes.
- From elevated temperatures. Such clothes sew from materials with elevated fire resistance and strength parameters. Material must withstand the ignition for 40 seconds. Additionally, such clothes are supplied with gloves.
- From reduced temperatures. Overalls used in frosts are designed to protect the body of an employee from frostbite, so here a set of a warmed jacket or a raincoat, pants, overalls and mandatory mittens are used.
- From radioactive and x-ray radiation. ZFO, designed to confront X-ray and radioactive irradiation, necessarily includes overalls, gloves, as well as special shoes. Overalls are usually performed from vapor and air-permeable tissue, in pockets are plates-liners made of metals absorbing radioactive radiation. The absorption coefficient must correspond in its power parameters a dose of the resulting radiation.
Such clothes ensures maximum radiation protection, including ionizing radiation in high radiation places.
- From electric current, electrostatic charges and fields, electrical and electromagnetic fields. An indispensable condition for admission to the execution of works on the electric arge is wearing special clothing that protects against electric shock. Such an ammunition includes shoes with rubberized soles, as well as heat-resistant mittens from dielectric material.
- From non-toxic dust. This clothing is designed to protect against the most common types of pollution – dust, oil and water. The form is performed from filter cotton, easily disgraced materials.
- From toxic substances. Costumes protecting from industrial poisons suggest overalls, sewn from air and vapor-permeable material, as well as a helmet with observation glass. It provides a distributor serving clean air under the clothes.
- From water and non-toxic solutions. Waterproof clothing is needed by workers to fulfill their employment duties during the rain. Such clothes are made of hydrostructory materials, and in order to observe the maximum tightness of the seams, they are covered with a nylon.
- From solutions of acids. Such workwear is designed to protect the employee from aggressive acid, it is mandatory for any employees of enterprises engaged in the manufacture of household chemicals, fertilizers and medicines.
Usually clothes are used with additional protective equipment: shoes, aprons, glasses and gloves.
- From alkalis. Special suits protecting alkali can be disposable or reusable – it depends on the class of protection. For example, to 1 class include disposable models, they are sewed from nonwovens, they have low weight and at the same time sufficiently high strength in order to withstand the actions of weakly concentrated alkaline solutions in which the share of the caustic substance does not exceed 20%. Workwear 2 is used to work with more aggressive environments.
- From organic solvents. When choosing overalls to protect against organic solvents, all the same rules are valid that apply to ZFOs from acids and alkalis. Additionally, a respirator or gas mask can be used here.
- From oil, petroleum products, oils and fats. Oil-absorbing clothing protects the skin of workers from oils, gasoline, oil, aromatic hydrocarbons and some types of solvents. It is usually sewing from high density materials from linen or blended fibers.
- From general production pollution. For the manufacture of general overalls, cotton or wool fabrics are used, synthetic fibers are allowed.
- From harmful biological factors. Such clothes implies the protection of all parts of the body, namely, includes jumpsuit, footwear, mittens, mask, as well as a system involving the purification of inhaled air – respirator or gas mask.
- From static loads. To protect the body from static loads, exclusively cotton or wool clothing is used, the use of shine cloth and asbestos tissues is allowed.
Typically, the canvas are reflective, for this, their surface is treated with the finest layer of aluminum.
In accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation and established in our country with standards, Individual protection funds must be issued to the following categories of workers:
- Brigadiers and masters who are committed to the brigadier;
- Any construction and manufacturing workers whose duties are somehow related to the risk of damage to.
If the employee at the enterprise combines several specialties at once or performs various functions, it is equipped with individual protective facilities provided for each of these professions. We draw attention to the fact that any ZFO has its own operational period, it begins to count down since their actual issuance. The duration of this period is established by the Decree of the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation and the current sectoral norms and depends on the type of work performed. On the time of socks, overalls are also included. Storage period of winter clothes in warm time.
CFOs are subject to mandatory certification, the period of action of the certificate is 3 years, and for this period, overalls may be subject to additional verification.
In what cases is prohibited to use?
It is strictly forbidden to use overalls, which has all signs of physical wear or mechanical damage. Not allowed to wear written off. It is prohibited to carry overalls at hour ago. The employee cannot start fulfilling its duties if the WFO marking is designed to protect against the danger of those groups that do not correspond to the actual.
For example, clothing protecting from mechanical damage cannot be used when working with radiation, electrical appliances or chemical solutions.
Protective Review View in the following video.