Gypside partitions are very popular and widespread. Such designs have a different base and are mounted differently. In this article we will learn all about plasterboard partitions, about their advantages and minuses.
The device under consideration is relatively simple. Here is a frame basis and the leaf material assigned to it. Despite the fact that there are a lot of various schemes for mounting the framework of GCC, there are common principles of the framework of the framework for all situations. It can be metallic or wooden.
- According to the contour of the partition, the block of the strapping type is attached (if the frame base is constructed from the tree) or guide profile (if the metal frame).
- At the location of the doorways, the most evenly and strong bars or the cost profiles reinforced by bars are fixed.
- The gap between the side-type profiles is depending on the number of plasterboard layers.
The structure of the partitions itself directly depends on the requirements that are presented to them. If the room needs to overcoat for a long time, then refer to the most sturdy self-supporting design. In other situations, it makes sense to design light team-collapsible partitions that are reusable.
Pros and cons
Partitions erected from plasterboard sheets have a lot of positive and negative qualities. Before building a similar design, it makes sense to familiarize yourself with the first and second. First we learn what the main advantages of plasterboard partitions are.
- One of the most important advantages of such structures is a very small weight. Lightweight plasterboard design will not create too large loads for the surrounding grounds.
- When assembling a plasterboard partition, the master does not have to deal with the so-called “wet” works. It simplifies the process noticeably and saves time.
- Installation of partitions from plasterboard sheets is fast and simple. Such works do not occupy a lot of time and do not require professional knowledge and skills. Independently build such a partition will not be difficult, even if the master is a newcomer in such affairs.
- With the help of a properly made plasterboard partition, you can effectively hide ventilation channels or electrical wiring. Thanks to such solutions, the situation becomes more neat and attractive, because unsightly communications are well hidden.
- The room, which is built from the septum under consideration, can be well insulated and even soundproofed. Sheets of drywall allow the placement more comfortable.
- The design of plasterboard partitions can be the most different – not only just smooth, but also having beautiful bends, arched lines, niches. Everything is limited only by the fantasy of the hosts of the home.
- Plasterboard is the material that does not need special complex care. It should not be treated with antiseptics or other protective solutions. It is enough to remove dust from its surface.
- Overlapping from GLCs can be complemented with different finishing materials. Most often it is paint or wallpaper.
Despite the sufficient amount of advantages, some drawbacks are characteristic of drywall overlap.
- Even the highest quality and properly built plasterboard partition will not be withstanding great gravity. To hang on a similar base TV, massive shelves or lockers, the frame base will need to additionally strengthen, and the material itself should consist of two or three layers.
- Plasterboard is a material on which it is easy to leave mechanical damage. On it, it is impossible to apply strong blows, because they will certainly lead to a breakdown of sheet. This is a significant disadvantage that repels many users from the use of plasterboard partitions.
Other serious shortcomings of plasterboard partitions do not have.
Review of species
Partitions built with the use of plasterboard sheets are different. Each of the species has its own distinctive features and features of installation work. Get acquainted with them.
- Deaf partitions. These designs are considered the most simple and rapid in the construction. In them, the frame base completely overlaps with sheet material.
- Combined. In most cases, these are structures that are built in 2 layers: opaque (drywall itself) and transparent, or translucent (for example, matte, patterned or stained glass).
There are also such combined structures that are complemented by elements built into them, for example, cabinets racks or shelves.
- Figured. The partitions of the specified type may have almost any forms and structure. It looks beautiful, curvilinear, semicircular, arched, angular, as well as designs with open niches (are often supplemented with backlight), cutouts, wave-like ends and other elements.
Also, plasterboard partitions differ in the type of frame. Frame base can be:
- double (these structures are designed for amplification in the form of heat and sound insulation);
- Double-sided (this is a variant in which there are still free space between the two parts of the frame design, to accommodate communications there).
The facilities under consideration are divided into filling. In most cases, thermal insulation and soundproofing materials are present in such partitions. Most often it is panels and plates from glass gambles, mineral fiber, polystyrene foam. However, when exclusively decorative designs of a very small thickness are built, the use of such filling is unnecessary. The subspecies under consideration of the partitions are divided into the number of sheets used. In the residential areas in most situations build such structures that have a single-layer or double luxury plasterboard plates.
From the selected type of construction will depend on its impact resistance, as well as the calculation of the required material.
What profiles need to use?
To mount the plasterboard design, you must choose special accessories. We are talking about reinforced guides, as well as racking metal profiles. Guides involve for high-quality fasteners of the main frame frame to the floor or ceiling. These elements are divided into 4 main types, based on their cross section – from 5×4 cm to 10×4 cm. The profile also makes the vertical components of a frame base. The selected elements of the accessories are also divided according to their cross section for 4 varieties:
- minimum – 5×5 cm;
- Maximum – 10×5 cm.
The length of the rack profile is 300-400 cm. The master must correctly select suitable profiles having the appropriate dimensions for the construction of a septum structure. If anywhere is not mistaken in the calculations, then there will be no further problems in the construction of a frame.
How to choose plasterboard?
Before proceeding with independent design of partitions, it is necessary to correctly select a certain type of plasterboard sheets. There are several types of sheet material, each of which has its own performance and features.
If the plasterboard is divided by living rooms (used for interroom partitions), you can use the simplest GLC of a gray brown tint. Such material is used to finish dry and heated areas.
You can find other subspecies of plasterboard sheets. Get acquainted with them closer.
- G Clac. These are the sheets of green, which are characterized by a high level of moisture resistance. Such materials are recommended to use for wall decoration, as well as designing partitions in rooms where there is a high level of humidity, as well as temperature differences. We are talking about bathrooms, laundries, shower, unheated terraces. If the partition in such conditions will be supplemented with ceramic tiles, it is also better to build it from such a material.
- GKLO. Such a designation is pink sheets that are fire-resistant. Similar materials can be used in the arrangement of boiler houses and other zones with special requirements for fire safety in private homes.
The choice of suitable material directly depends on where it will be mounted. In this case, it is impossible to allow errors, because in unsuitable conditions, even the highest quality sheets of plasterboard will not last long.
Before starting the construction of a high-quality plasterboard partition, the Master will need to prepare all the necessary tools. We are talking about the following subjects:
- level (the best are bubble and laser building levels, which are most convenient to use);
- plumbing (need to properly transfer all the floor marks on the ceiling base);
- pencil or marker;
- a piece of chalk;
- robust rope;
- Perforator with a brown (if reinforced concrete walls or overlaps are present in the dwelling);
- Special metal cutting scissors;
- hammer (needed to drive spacer nails);
- Special construction knife.
It is strongly recommended to use only high-quality and working tools. Otherwise, installation works can be greatly complicated, and the master risk to allow many mistakes in working with plasterboard.
All tools It is advisable to accommodate directly at the installation site. In this case, the Master always has everything you need to stay at hand, therefore you don’t have to wanted the necessary tool for a long time, spending too much time.
When all the tools and materials are ready, you can move to the beginning of the installation work. The first stage will consist of drawing up the exact and correct marking of the future structures. We divide this important work for several points.
- Using a folding cord, you need to post on the floor of the future partition line. Using a plumbing line, it must be transferred to the ceiling base: you will need to apply the thread of adaptation to the overlap, connecting the tip of the cargo with the beginning, and then – with the end of the line on the floor.
- Tags you need to connect on the ceiling with a folding lace.
- Immediately need to apply the position of the doorway and profiles. Steps should be 600 mm.
- If the design is one-layer, and then it will turn off with tiles, then this indicator should be 400 mm.
- It is convenient to start the markup of the rack profiles from the main walls with a selected suitable step, and everything else at the door opening is evenly distributed, adding one auxiliary rack from each side.
- If the plasterboard partition or part of it should be a continuation of the carrier wall in the room, then it will be necessary to take into account the thickness of the sheets, making markup.
If this is not done, then after the plane of the plane of wall structures may not coincide.
Calculation of materials
To correctly calculate the number of plasterboard plates for the construction of the septum, it will be necessary to calculate the total area of the interroom on one side, without considering the openings. If the objective occurs only in one layer, then the value will have to multiply by 2. If the design is two-layer, it will be necessary to multiply on 4. The resulting number must be divided into one sheet of plasterboard. For example, the material with the parameters 2500×1200 the resulting digit will be 3 cube. M.
Should not forget about the reserve. The coefficient here will directly depend on the dimensions of the room. If the area is less than 10 kV. m, then it will be 1.3, and when less than 20 m2, then 1,2. If there is an area of more than 20 kV. m, then the coefficient will be 1.1. The number earlier should be multiplied by the corresponding coefficient, round up to the whole value (to the most side). Thus, it will be possible to determine the exact amount of the desired plasterboard plates.
Step-by-step construction instructions
Prepare all the necessary materials by making accurate markup, you can move to the construction of a plasterboard partition with your own hands. Assembly of such a design will consist of several stages. Let us dwell on each of them.
Gypsum Carton Design will need to be correctly fixed. It is very important to purchase high-quality fasteners with which it will be possible to establish a reliable and stable design of sheet material. We will find out which fastes will be needed that the wall-partition will be high-quality and strong enough:
- Dowel-nails – you will need to fasten the frame from brick or concrete;
- Self-tapping screws – will be needed to fix profile on a wooden basis;
- “Seeds” or “bugs” – will be useful for fastening the composite components of the frame;
- additional jumpers;
- Reinforcing Tape (Serpenta).
Installation of profiles
Consider in detail the technology of installation of profile bases.
- According to the lines scheduled during marking, the guides should be consolidated. Do it needed on the floor.
- So that the sound insulation level has been raised, to the opposite side of the profile should be glued to the tape seal or apply special silicone glue.
- Further, based on a specific type of base, you will need to fix profile items by means of a dowel for concrete or screws for wood. Step between these elements should be not more than 1 m.
- Fasteners should be done so that at least three fasteners accounted for one profound part.
- By a similar scheme, you need to mount the guide profiles on the ceiling based.
- After that, the rack profiles of the frame are fixed, the supports of the doorway are mounted.
To strengthen the frame base of the partition, resort to reduction of the distance between the racks. You can also use wooden mortgage bars. Permissible use of dual PS profile. Auxiliary profile, fixed inside the rack or in close proximity to it, will also strengthen the partition device.
On the plots of fasteners of mounted equipment, the frame can be effectively enhanced by mortgage parts – wooden strokes, plywood chunks 2-3 cm.
Door opening and installation of cross
The upper half of the doorway can be easily formed by the guide profile. It should be cut off so that the project length is 30 cm is larger than the width indicator of the opening. On the outside of the resulting workpiece, leave a couple of marks, withstanding a distance of 150 mm from the edge line. Both risks must necessarily be noticeable on the side bases of the profile. At the marks, the profile will cut down from the edges of the sidewall to the label on the bending of the profile detail. Then both edges of the profile will need to bend at right angles. It turns out a p-like crossbar. It will easily move around the racks, and also to be screwed to them on the self-tapping screw.
In the same way will prepare horizontally directed cross. They are used as effective carcass amplifiers, as well as for docking plasterboard plates, if the partition height is not very large. For this reason, for sufficiently high wall structures it is recommended to make 2-3 rows of horizontal transverse parts. In accordance with all the rules for fixing jumpers, shanks of planks located next door should be bent in different directions.
The coordinates themselves must be placed in a checker order. So it is done that the horizontal joints of the neighboring plates do not coincide and did not have cruciform seams.
Testing and finishing
When the manufacture of a frame (wooden or aluminum) will be completed, it will be necessary to properly install sheet carcarter sheets. Consider the scheme for these works.
- To cover the sheets with a width of no less than 12.5 mm, as well as with the side fabric.
- On the intake, the front side of the sheets is determined. Each of them is screwed to three supports: to two on the edges and another one – in the center.
- Sheet joints will be held in the middle of profile details.
- If there is no factory chamfer, it is advisable to make it yourself to collect the finished design.
- If the sheath is made in 2 layers, then the second series of sheets are shifted horizontally in accordance with the pitch of the racks, and vertically no less than 400 mm. The same displacement must be made when installing the starting row of plasterboard plates, but already on the reverse side of the construction.
- If it is planned to build a partition, the height of which is 3 m and less, then horizontal junctions between sheets may not be. To make a gap from the floor, GLCs are based on a temporary laying with a thickness of 10 mm, and then fixed with self-draws.
We will understand in the features of the septum finish.
- Joints between sheets need to be reinforced by sickle. It is glued on the basis without additional means and solutions.
- Next, a universal putty is applied to the reinforcing layer. Then the solution will need to be dissolved, remove all excess.
- To protect the external corners of the partition, they must be supplemented with an angular profile with perforation. On top of this profile put a putty in several layers. When the solution is dry, sandpaper is required.
- Putty will need to be covered and the heads of the screws.
- When the spacion layer is dry, the partition should be treated with acrylic primer composition.
As you can see, build a plasterboard partition in the house or apartment is not difficult. All main designations are simply assembled, without the use of expensive professional equipment.
The main thing is to properly prepare markup, frame, and then correctly put and fix the leaf material.
How to make a plasterboard partition with your own hands, look in the following video.