Extensions for outlets – the thing is extremely useful in everyday life. This is especially true for old communal apartments, where one room accounts for 1-2 outlets maximum. Of course, it is believed that this is only a temporary solution, because all the time keep the technique connected in this way, it is impossible. However, extension cords are different. Today we, for example, consider models from Legrand.
Advantages and disadvantages
First deal with terms. Network filter is the same extension cord, but more reliable. They are embedded circuit breakers, who protect the connected technique from voltage jumps.
We can also find a network filter on sale, and Legrand extension. However, this is not their main direction. Preferably, LEGRAND is engaged in the production and sale of various electrical installation products. All their products are very valued by electricians for high quality – fortunately, the extensionists did not exception.
All models presented in the company catalog can boast of highly high indicators. We are talking about the wear resistance of the instruments and the level of maximum permissible load. In addition, their model range is very diverse – any buyer will be able to find a suitable solution here for its situation.
The main and, probably, the only drawback of their products is the price. It is pretty high for our market: Middle price tag about 1000 rubles.
There are, of course, a couple of budget models, but at the same time there are options for 2500 rubles.
But sometimes it is better and overpay for quality. Especially if we are talking about electricity, because if something happens, there will have to pay much for the distorted technique.
Since they spoke about the choice of models, let’s stop at this a little more. In general, Legrand managed to release quite a lot of models, but too much time will leave for all of them. Therefore, we will consider only the most popular options that are in demand from the Russian consumer.
- “Standard”. The most simple of popular models. Flat extension, designed for 3-6 additional nests; cable length from 1.5 to 5 meters; Maximum power of connected devices – 3500 W. Its flat form allows you to put it even under furniture, and the holes on the back wall make it possible to hang it on the wall.
- “Comfort”. The model is equipped with a power off button and special legs that allow not only reliably fasten the extension cord on any surface, but also to rotate it at different angles. It is also designed for 3-6 outlets, and its cable length is from 1.5 to 5 meters. Limit capacity just above – 3680 W.
- “Comfort and Security”. This option is very similar to the previous model – it is also equipped with a button and legs. In this case, a number of changes were made. The manufacturer increased the distance between sockets for greater convenience, increased the maximum service life and added a USB port to charge gadgets without power supply. Maximum cable size – 3 meters.
- “Safety and protection of equipment”. At the moment it is the most advanced model from Legrand. All Pluses of the previous model and a number of improvements: an additional USB port, a special stand for vertical installation and light indicator light. In addition, this is already a network filter; And it not only protects devices from voltage drops, but even shows the state of the internal fuses. Unfortunately, the maximum cable length is only 2 meters.
These are the models you can find in the Legrand catalog.
In the store they are most often submitted under digital names indicating the model and parameters of devices, but they are indicated on the official website of the manufacturer.
Now let’s discuss the basic rules for choosing extension cords and, What should pay attention to when buying.
- First you need to decide, You want a network filter or a regular extension. Network filters will ensure that your electrical appliances will protect, but they are an order of magnitude more expensive. Take them best for “voracious” technology, or if you know that you have a tension at home.
- Findly look at Maximum permissible power. If it is not enough, the extension can burn together with all connected technique.
- The next thing to pay attention to is Distance between sockets. Some types of equipment and appliances will not be able to connect if the distance between the sockets is too small.
- Further in importance Length of cord. Count how you are going to use the extension. Choose it so that the wire lengths are enough for your needs.
- Do not forget about the number of negle themselves. Than them are more, the better, but an increase in the number of neps means and enlarged dimensions.
- Still worth checking Availability of additional sockets, for example, USB.
- Well, and least need to evaluate Appearance of the device: color, shape, design and other.
These are all the basic parameters of various models that you can pay attention to when buying. And it’s not just about the products of Legrand, but also any other manufacturers.
Read more about filters and elongants, see the video below.