Pretty popular material in construction is a larch board. It can be used for a variety of purposes. For external work or the creation of flooring uses edged type of raw materials. In this article, consider the features, pros and cons, species, as well as the scope of applying edged plates from larch.
Larch is a pretty famous breed of trees, which is characterized by quality and value. It is more expensive, if compared with pine or spruce boards, but it is chosen due to many benefits.
- Not afraid of high humidity. The structure of the board contains resin, so you can guarantee the protection of the material from deformation or rotting even with regular contact with water. So, deciduous piles with decades withstand at home in Venice.
- Protection against mold. The presence of resins protects the board from the impact of various fungal microorganisms.
- Attractive appearance. Luxury larch board texture attracts customers. It is superbly suitable for various finishing purposes, although you should not refuse additional processing.
- Not afraid of oxidation. Larch boards are not oxidized, as a result they do not lose the original natural color for a long time.
- Hardness. As you know, coniferous rocks cannot boast a solid structure, but the larch is the exception.
- Increased wear resistance. This plus is decisive when the board is selected for the creation of floor covering, terrace or flooring.
If we consider the shortcomings of this material, it is possible to allocate only an increased cost, but the excellent quality is worth.
Larch boards are very popular, but before buying it is worth considering that there are several types of this material. Consider their details.
- Dry. It is a chamber drying lumber, which is ideal for various construction work. It can be used for the production of furniture or finishing of the premises from the inside. Drying process guarantees products of proper geometry. Dry boards will not be blocked, do not deform and do not crack. They are rather stable at various loads, including when mechanical exposure. Are environmentally friendly material. Dry board is great for facing facades, landscape design, fences facilities and so on.
- Planed. Such a kind is characterized by the fact that it is already processed by planing. Usually applied in the form of finishing material. There are two more subtypes: one-sided and bilateral planed board.
Larch boards are represented by various sizes. Initially, when choosing, you should pay attention to the cost of 1 cube, because it differs depending on the variety. So, the higher the material of the material, the smaller the flaws it has, for example, bitch or cracks.
After selecting a variety, you can already decide with the dimensions of the material. It is worth noting the height, width and length. For example, 30x150x6000, 50x150x6000, 50x200x6000 mm are the most sought-after. Thickness 50 mm – excellent choice. If the length is 6 meters, then optimal dimensions – 50×150 mm. The timing of 6000 mm long can be width and height 100, 150 and 200 mm.
Scope of application
Building materials from larch apply to various purposes and needs. It should be noted the demand of this breed when creating floors in both homes and apartments. This material is superbly suitable for building an open terrace or veranda.
Larch perfectly fit into the interior. It allows you to warm the floor, a balcony or loggia. It can even be used when erecting a bath or sauna. The larch board allows you to create inter-storey or ceiling floors, it can be used to assemble frameworks for stairs.