Furniture nut is a rather popular fastening element required in the manufacture of cabinet furniture from wood and plywood. In fact, the nut is a major device that ensures reliability and durability of the connection of the elements when creating a variety of furniture heads. Typically, such parts are made of high quality materials, they have a simple design and a wide scope of use.
In former times, for installation of wooden elements, mainly nails or self-tapping screws were used. but, As practice shows, these fasteners are not enough – the connection created by them is weakening over time, and this can lead to injury during the operation of furniture. That is why furniture nuts have come to the fore in recent years, they are optimal for the formation of high strength compounds.
Nut for furniture is a fastening element with a threaded hole. It is performed from galvanized steel, as well as from alloys of durable non-ferrous metals.
The usual is used in those plots of fixation, where it is required to create the most strong grip with the possibility of further dismantling. The part is used to perform a threaded and eccentric screed, allows you to create movable, detachable and deline fixation.
Furniture nuts are widely demanded in the manufacture of kitchen and cabinet furniture, as well as when assembling frames of beds and sofas. Hardware ensures the strength and durability of the compound, many times reduces the likelihood of breaking threads during operation.
Hermatiz is used in combination with some other elements, in particular, with bolts. Accordingly, their dimensions and construction parameters must completely coincide on the thread and diameter, otherwise ensuring a reliable static state when using furniture will be impossible.
The fastening elements with through hole are widely in demand in the furniture industry, while furniture nuts may vary in their form, as well as by the parameters of the internal thread. The most common hardware is the hex nut, its technological design allows the rotational movement of progressively, uniformly, without requiring special physical efforts when stretching.
Nuts can be performed in a multifaceted form, have trapezoidal or metric threads. Different diameter makes furniture nuts unique – this allows them to apply them in any work even when the weight of the design is strictly limited.
The sale presents several popular varieties of nuts used in the manufacture of furniture.
- Spherical – The model is a typical hex nut with a cap outer surface and a plug from one edge of the threaded hole. Applied in diversion fasteners. The cap helps to close the bolts and other protruding elements, thereby reducing the risk of injury during the operation of the product, as well as giving structures a aesthetic appearance.
- Nut-lamb – fasteners with aligned outer surface, rear thread can have a small or big step. A characteristic feature is considered a non-standard form, which in something resembles the ears of Cheburashka, through which conversion is performed. Working with such nuts can be made exclusively manually. Similar hardware are indispensable for strong tightening of furniture modules under limited space.
- Uryovo – Such a nut is performed with small beggars on the flange, this structural feature allows you to exclude scrolling in the installation process of furniture design.
The most claimed scoring, mortise and hidden nuts for furniture.
Such nuts are mainly used on automated furniture manufacturing, no wide use in everyday life. In the factory conditions in the design, a hole of a suitable diameter is formed, after which the nut is clogged with a hammer.
This ensures the accuracy of installation and high speed.
This furniture fastener is made of stainless steel corrosion with galvanized coating. Externally, this design resembles a sleeve, while the inner thread remains flat. Metallic disk with hole at the end. Such a design allows you to hardly hold hotes in the material and prevent the risk of turning it in the process of tightening. Widely demanded with one-sided fixation.
A special role among the entire presented range of hardware is occupied by hidden furniture nuts. Their structure provides the most durable mount when assembling furniture blocks of any type. A secret nut looks like a small rod with an internal thread of a metric type. Half half-headed, decorative. All elements are made from racks to galvanized steel corrosion. The models are indispensable for assembling tables, as well as beds and cabinet furniture, it is distinguished by a decorative species – a metica is almost impaired on the outside of furniture, so it is often used in the manufacture of cabinet furniture.
Furniture nuts are presented in a variety of sizes. M6, M8, M10 are considered the most in demand – It is most often used in the manufacture of furniture.
Besides, Nuts M5 and M12 found their use in construction work.
We draw attention to the fact that in accordance with the current GOST in the designation of the nut indicates the diameter of the metric thread.
Tips for choosing
Methybal products are presented in the market in a wide variety. Allocate nuts “write”, “barrels”, they can be impellent, cylindrical, in the form of hexagon, funki, slot, pin and couplings.
In spite of this, Properly pick up the optimal fastener is not always easy – these simple externally elements have their own structural features, each of them performs its tasks. All elements connecting individual blocks of furniture structures may vary not only in their form, size and characteristics of the material, but also by the parameters of the thread. That is why, by purchasing one or another fastener, it is necessary to take into account the operational conditions of the furniture.
To simplify the selection, manufacturers have implemented a classification of hardware products, indicating the scope of its application:
- Nut universal application;
- Threaded fastenings of an increased fortress;
- Hermatis for highly massacre compounds;
Selecting one or another element in accordance with the classification, its structural features and size should be taken into account, namely:
- internal / external thread diameter – usually prescribed by letters;
- The thread step is the length between the side parts of the profile, measured in parallel to the direction of the thread axis;
- The number of thread drives – is calculated by the end of the methization in the place where the step comes from;
- Parameters of screw cutting – the size of the axial movement of the nut in one turn.
Also matter hole diameter and head parameters.
Of great importance when choosing a hardware, it is necessary to give the material from which the nuts are made. It depends on their durability and strength, respectively, the practicality and safety of the connection. High quality products must provide resistance to breaks and temperature fluctuations.
The furniture industry is predominantly used nuts with a metric type carvings, they are distinguished by a low marriage percentage and high wear resistance.
Important. Still in the store it is desirable to test the quality of a hardware product. You can do this with the help of a standard horn key, selected according to the size of the nut, it must be twisted first, and then unscrew.
Rules of fastening
Install any furniture nut is easy, in fact it is a unidirectional process. The most important thing in the work is to adhere to the established sequence of actions, this will allow you to prevent the thread strain, as well as the bolt cliff.
Upon installation, a spanning instrument is usually used, if you are twisting without it, then high risk of uneven power tension. Basic requirements when tightening the nuts are reduced to the following:
- The nut to the place of landing is necessary to wind freely, can be from hand, not allowing oscillations, the key is performed by the final installation;
- In the process of twisting the metric, the end should be located exactly perpendicular to the axial rod direction, the presence of chosel and roughness is not allowed;
- In case of lengthening the bolt, the tightening process should be kept under control, the turn of the key in this case is performed at the corner of the rotation of the nut.
Before the start of the design of the design, you need to complete the complete set of all the hardware elements, to make sure that they are compatible by the type of protective coating, the type of steel and mechanical characteristics. At the same stage It is necessary to take into account the type of installation, the availability of seats, as well as the overall aesthetics of the final compound.
After performing the preparation of the surface and the hardware themselves, it is necessary to clean from lubrication, check the functional thread performance. When damaged places are found – thoroughly clean them and perform a visual inspection to determine the accuracy of the adjacent surfaces.
Directly twisting the nut starts with its landing on a wooden module and primary tightening by about 75%. Next, you need to make sure that the absence of gaps throughout the circumference and if the methis is located correctly, the final tightening of the nuts.
When installing, it is important to adhere to safety standards.
Tip: In fact, it is not always possible to create a high-quality tightening of the threaded connection, so experts advise to take the compact size of a shortened tablet key, and for large nuts the key with a handle 12-15 cm.
In the next video, it is described about the types of nuts.