Currently, for the creation of an outdoor cover, many people use a special engineering board. This material will be as beautiful as possible and gently look at almost any interior. Today we will talk about the main features of such an outdoor cover, manufactured by Coswick manufacturer.
Engineering floor board is a multi-layered wood material that has a base made of plywood (sometimes a wood-stove is used). The front side is performed from veneer. The upper layer of such a finishing material is usually created from various valuable wood. Its thickness should be at least three millimeters. All layers of boards are tightly tight and glued together, at the end all this is compressed.
Engineering coating for the floor Even in the process of intensive operation will not lose its original appearance and structure. For the production of such a finishing material, a three-layer or two-layer base is used.
Product Collections and Overview
Coswick’s manufacturing company currently produces various line of engineering outdoor board. Consider the most popular collections among buyers.
- “Century traditions”. Models from this collection are made of durable and reliable oak. They can be painted in the color of ivory, in vintage brown, in the color of gray cashmere. These products have a matte coating. They are made with a special coating consisting of silk oil.
- “Brash”. Samples from this collection are made of ash or oak. Their surface is covered with special silk oil, and ultramatic application is sometimes used. Three-layer floor boards from ash possess a beautiful silk-matte coating. Models made from ash have an unusual color in gray, gray-brown tones. Products made from oak base have a richer palette of colors (various shades of brown, gray-white, white-cream).
- “Classical”. This collection includes models made from a special wood “American Walnut”. This material is distinguished by an unusual and beautiful structure. Outdoor board of it can be of a wide variety of colors (gray, gray-white, brown, chocolate, cream). The surface of the product from above can be covered with Silk Oil Silk Oil or Cosnanotech varnish+. These models can be both two-layer and three-layer. Some individual species from this line are made of ash.
- “Art and craft”. Three-layer models from such a collection are made from an oak base having a beautiful and neat structure. Most of them have light color (white, gray-white, dairy, beige, light brown), but there are some darker samples. The surface of this floorboard from above is covered with hard wax HardWax Oil.
It should also be selected and some of the most popular models of engineering board Coswick. Model “Snowdrop” from the Country collection. The sample has a neutral white-gray color. It is made of natural oak. Connection type for him Ship-groove. The product in the process of production is covered by ultramathe silk oil. This option will be able to fit well in almost any interior of the room.
Also, it is also possible to highlight the gray ash board model, which, as well as the previous version, is included in the Country line. The product is created from natural oak. It has a light gray color. The sample has a neutral light structure without standing patterns. This option is more neutral, he will be able to come true for any room.
Model “Grape grain” from the line “Century traditions” has an interesting color in gray-brown shades with a lighter natural pattern. The finishing layer is covered with ultramatic oil. Engineering Oak Board “Terra” has a beautiful silk-matte coating. It has a black and brown coloring with a natural pattern. The design of it is three-layer type. The top of the model with silk oil is covered.
The variety of “foggy fjords” from the oak foundation has a light gray coloring with a darker natural pattern. The product enters the line “Art and Craft”. This model of the three-layer type board has an original structure. This sample can be the best option for finishing rooms in modern styles.
Advantages and disadvantages
Engineering board for floor decoration has many important advantages.
- High level of resistance to external influences. Such a board in the process of operation is practically not subjected to drying, there are almost no scratches, chips, clearances on its surface.
- Easy mount. Most often, such materials are fixed using special spike grooves, such a laying can be made independently without the help of professionals. In addition, the material can even be reduced to the concrete surface, pre-laying plywood is not required.
- Durability. Engineering board is able to serve for a long time. At the same time, it can be collected several times. But after each such procedure, the surface must be covered with a protective varnish composition.
- Variety of design options. In the manufacture of such floor coverings, their surface can be additionally processed, while the effect of toning is created, some models are brought.
Among the main disadvantages of the engineering board, you can highlight the high cost of the material. But at the same time, many noted that the big price is fully consistent with the level of quality and durability.
In addition, the minus is also a complicated technology for repairing individual elements. The board cannot be rearranged.
How to choose?
Before buying a suitable version of the engineering board, special attention should be paid to some nuances. remember, that Flooring should fit well in the overall design of the room. His color scheme should be harmoniously combined with flowers prevailing in design. Also, remember that it is worth paying attention to the finishing coating of the material. Most often, the upper layer is treated with a special varnish composition, which significantly increases the level of quality and durability of products, it makes the material even more wear-resistant and resistant to mechanical damage.
Some varieties made from natural oak are covered by special solid wax. In any case, the upper application must be smooth and as high quality. Also, do not forget that the upper coating can be matte, semiam or ultramatov, which affects the appearance of the finishing boards. On the surface of such an outdoor board there should be no chipping, scratches, cracks and other irregularities, even small defects are able to spoil the overall design.
Be sure to look at the thickness of the boards. High-quality models should not be less than three millimeters. Such a stock may be enough to consider grinding procedures.
In the next video you will find a step-by-step instruction laying engineering board.