There are many ways to fix cable. To visually do not spoil the type of wall or ceiling, not to violate the safety rules, among them it is necessary to choose the optimal option. One of these ways is the use of a dowel-clamp.
Type of fasteners Dowel-Homut appeared in the construction market not too long ago. Due to its functionality, convenience and simplicity of hardware immediately won recognition from professional electricians. Dowel-clamp designed for laying and fixing the cable with an open or closed way. It makes it possible to fix the main wiring of cables, wires, thin and flexible pipes to carrying supports from materials such as concrete, stone, foam concrete, brickwork, as well as wood or plasterboard.
- The use of a dowel-clamp can significantly save funds in the case when it comes to large volumes – instead of a set of a dowel-nail, only one fastener is used. Due to the same feature, the installation is carried out much faster.
- Methiz from plastic, and the more metallic, is able to withstand large temperature differences. Such a wide range allows you to use fasteners both with internal and external work in almost all regions of the country.
- Material of manufacture in most cases resistant to ultraviolet rays.
- Fastening elements are capable of holding a large mass, and the replacement of the failed is not difficult.
Dowel-Homut has some disadvantages, although not too serious, compared with a lot of advantages.
- The material from which plastic fastener is made is not lit, but it becomes plastic and deformed during a fire.
- Visually hardware look too attractive. But if you consider that the cable itself is not a decoration of the wall, this lack of a dowel-clamp can be considered insignificant.
Review of species
This type of hardware is highly specialized, so the range although not too big, but is quite sufficient and allows you to make the necessary choice.
Dowel-Homut – a simple plastic bracket, on one side of which there is a hinge clamp in the form of a loop, on the other – spacer teeth can be round or flattened. Manufacturers produce this species in two color options – black and white, the buyer chooses under the color of the wiring. Hardware with screw – this is mostly plumbing option. Fire-resistant fasteners has a special polymer coating. In general, classified fasteners by different parameters. Consider the mains.
First of all, the dowel-clamps differ in their constructive features.
- “Bug” – Universal fasteners used in many cases. It is a single-palmal hardware combined with a metal bracket and a press washer. The use of “Claop” requires control of the integrity of isolation and additional insulation by heat-resistant ribbon in the locations of the docking. Fasteners withstands weight up to 10 kg.
- Round Clamp has a fried or gear bracket. Flat type made in the form of a toothed plate with loop for cable. Metal options are performed from brass or zinc steel. In addition, fasteners differ in design.
- Hardware with wire flame resistant ribbon-clamp coated with polymer. In tandem with a ribbon there is a locking device in the form of buckles, which is noticeably facilitated fixing the highway.
- Bracket with anti-bodies on the ends. This fastener uses in the process of mounting a line of cross section from 6 to 25 millimeters. Suitable for working with corrugated wire and electrical wiring, the number of fixed parts depends on the weight of the highway.
- Complete view – mounting platform with clamp. These hardware have a kapron dowel with contours, at the end of which there is a loop. The hinge is fixed on the loop, and the product fastened. The loop expands the possibilities for mounting corrugations and wires of a variety of diameter.
- “Helicopter” – such a name in the people got a touch dowel-claw. Its opened petals, indeed, something similar to the helicopter screws. Fasteners occurs due to the ends of the spaced wedge, driven between two petals. “Helicopter” is able to embrace a thin pipe or cable up to 32 mm in diameter. Designed for the use of fasteners with a loop, which inserted a highway, as well as 8 kg of load, is intended for mounting corrugations. Divided into two more subspecies.
The first subspecies is a solid design when the rod is already available in a dowel. At the same time, the strength of the entire model increases, but caution requirements are tightened, because the dowel is mounted in the wall with the cable.
With the second embodiment, the T-shaped mounting methis has a arc shape without a loop. Hardware of this kind are used to mount a cable of a certain size, whose diameter exactly corresponds to the arc diameter. This type of strut is offered with one or two arcs, which allows the maintenance of parallel installation.
- Sanitary dowel With screwdriver screwing on a screw, consists of two parts of the bracket. Staples can be made with rubber gasket. The optimal solution for working with light diameter tubes.
- Clip. Used for mounting corrugations on a vertical surface. Design is equipped with enhanced latch brackets. Their diameters – 16, 20, 25, 32, 40 and 50 mm.
The most popular and popular view of the fastener from the nylon, which is explained by high strength. Polyamide components are involved in the production of nylon, they are much stronger than polyester, withstand temperatures plus 85 on Celsius scale. The optimal option for the main wiring of the set of wires and their fixation. However, fasteners cannot be used in cases if the hot pipeline is provided.
- Polyethylene universal models with screw Made of durable material, but are used only indoors, since poorly carry the effects of sunlight. Stabilized polyethylene is highly durable, but it becomes fragile over time, and therefore, less efficient
- Metal brackets often used as one of the types of reliable fasteners. The bracket provides a technological hole for fixation using self-tapping screws. Two paws are connected by screws. The lower part is marked with European diameter designation. Metal or brass products are used in working with hot tubes, for example, in the heating system.
- Metal relaxed methis Made of galvanized steel for clamp, studs or nuts and rubber for EPDM brand pads.
- Ribbon-Homut has a fiberglass reinforced polymer ribbon, whose task fix the beams of wires. Tape length 140 mm. The strip is used in such a way that the screws entered the dowel through it. This species is used for mounting on vertical bearing supports. Ribbon is able to withstand weight up to 15 kg.
- Polypropylene methies They are distinguished by special rigidity and durability, but, unfortunately, they are also sensitive to sunlight. But thanks to stabilizing additives, resistance to ultraviolet is increased with a simultaneous increase in cost.
Despite the disadvantages of plastic dowels-clamps, most often they are used indoors that minimizes their sensitivity to UV rays.
The most common bracket using the greatest demand for the installation of electrical wiring has the standard size of the girth diameter of 5-10, 11-18, 19-25 mm. The required diameter of the drill with such sizes is 6 mm, and the minimum immersion depth 35, 40, 45 mm.
The dimensions of the dowels-clamps are selected depending on the parameters of the cable. For a round cable, the size of 5×10 is suitable for the size of the clamp 5-10 mm; Cable 11×18 needs a clamp of 11-18 mm. The size of the cable 6×40 will require the purchase of hardware 6-40 mm. Sizes 6×12; 5×10; 6×17 need respectively in dowels-clamps 12, 10, 17 mm.
Flat cable fits fasteners of the following sizes: 19×25, 12×6, 12-6, 32, 14, 6×35, 26, 8, 50, 100×12, 8×45, 20 mm.
To make the right choice of mounting hardware, it is necessary to take into account several parameters: from the diameter and cable cross section, the weight of the future highway to the structure of the carrier base. The technical characteristics of metholov-clamps are governed by the state only in some cases – the nervous GOST does not have time to respond to a permanent updating of specialized mounting fasteners. Buyer should be guided by the adopted European standards DIN and ISO. Rules of multicomponent structures received the GOST 26998-86.
When choosing fasteners, it is worth using the advice of professionals:
- Anchor type of hardware-clamps are chosen according to the desired diameter and the required length;
- For a cable with a flat cross section, clamps are selected with a flat loop;
- For corrugations, the optimal option is clip;
- For the increased diameter pipeline, a sanitary dowel-clap with collapsible brackets is selected;
- For multiple main gasket, a platform with a clamp is perfect;
- If a cable is to be fixed on a full-scale basis, a metal “bug” is selected with a single-panel bracket.
When calculating the required number of dowels, it is more correct to use the information provided by the manufacturer. The technical instruction, as a rule, contains the necessary recommendations regarding the correct way of installing fasteners. Based on the available parameters, it is easy to calculate the desired number of hardware.
The calculation is carried out according to such indicators as the weight of the wiring, affecting one mounting point of fixation, the maximum load that the fasteners can withstand, and the distance between the reference points are able to withstand.
The installation of a dowel-clamp almost does not differ from the installation of ordinary dowels – a small difference in the fact that at first the cable is put on the cable, and then it is neatly clogged into the prepared deepening. The drilled hole should be approached by the diameter of the fastener, but the depth is made by 10 mm more than the length of the dowel. The maximum distance between the installed fasteners should not exceed 25 cm, on the reversals – no more than 10 cm.
For each type of fittings there is a way to install. The definition of fixation points occurs taking into account the parameters of the fence, horizontal and vertical directions of the wiring, quantity and radius of the angles, the weight of the cable, the environment. These data are defining for the optimal choice of the method of how to fix hardware, their required quantity, installation technology, as well as wiring and laying schemes.
The hidden method of the main gasket is used in residential areas if the material of the bearing base allows the lavender. To lay the wires in the ships or prepared cables – channels are possible additional installation of dowels-clamps. A single cable is most often fixed by alabaster, but this method is ineffective if it comes to a large specific weight or multiple wires. Alabaster successfully replaces the clamps, crushing many wires on the system group. Often electricians label wiring using tags installed on the screed. The same way fixes cables installed in special boxes.
Installation of a flat cable using a dowel-clamp
Using the level and such an auxiliary tool, like a cord, on the wall marked points for fixing hardware. Drill holes for dowels in advance.
Fixed on places clamps. The cable body is tracked through the frame of the clamp, tensioning so that there is no savory.
Fixation on the self-adhesive platform
On painted or lacquered surfaces covered with plastic facades, wallpapers, have to use the self-adhesive platform. The base of such a platform is a bilateral scotch. It must be remembered that the adhesive composition “flies” at a temperature of over 450 degrees, and at low humidity – will lose elasticity, the base will dry, hardens and fall off from the wall. Self-adhesive platform is the fastest way to install. A protective film is removed from the back, the playground itself is pressed against the surface of the carrier base. The screed is inserted into fasteners, which fixes wires and cables.
- Cable clamps. For such a fixation, a general installation plan is drawn up, attachment points are marked on the surface. Sailing holes for dowel fixing points are drilled. Taking into account the selected species, clamps install. They can be fixed with self-assembly or screws in the fastener, inserted into the holes toothed ends. Anchors screw in the wooden surface.
- Dowel “Helicopter” pre-assemble from two halves, waiting for the final click. The collected “helicopter” is inserted into the prepared hole, the touch wedge is neatly driven. After that, the highway fix the loop of the clamp.
Such a method of laying trunk networks is used in non-residential buildings intended for production or storage.
Fixing thin cable
In such cases, it is customary to apply Clamps with a nail. Thin television and Internet wires have a slight weight, do not require the use of reinforced design. With this perfectly cope with small carnations installed in the clamps.
Laying using clip
Clips are used for low-voltage cable mounting on the soft surface of wooden walls. Hardware are fixed on the surface with self-tapping screws, each product has a pair of holes. The cable is pressed into the bracket to dense fixation.
- Metal dowel “Klop” Captures a single-paging screwing the pipe or cable, fixes it on the surface, then screwed into a clean drilled hole.
- Plumbing hounds Rubber overlays are preliminary. The dowel is mounted on the wall, after which the bracket is screwed onto the stud, the pipe is inserted into it and fixes with the help of the second bracket.
- Dowel-clamp with ribbon. Mounting to the wall such a hardware is quite simple – the loop is made of the tape, the wires are inserted into it, after which the tape is fixed on the carrier support, the extra ends are cut off.
Having considered all types of dowels-clamps, methods for their installation, it is possible to easily decide on the desired type of fastener and carry out the main wiring.
In the next video, it is told about the installation of dowels-clamps.