On the modern market of woodworking equipment, buyers can find a huge amount of machines for cutting logs. Over the past few years, the belt sawmill has become the most popular technique in this niche. It is a metal strip of a small thickness with sharp teeth, and made in the form of an endless tape. This universal tool can be used not only as a stationary saw, but also as a portable technique for cutting trees in the forest or outside.
The belt sawmill was gained great popularity due to a large number of positive factors associated with the structure of the device, its capabilities and technical characteristics. Manufacturers laid in this equipment a certain principle of working with lumber, thanks to which this technique allows you to get any type of wood products: from small bars to sleepers. Products are high quality and almost without waste.
The dimensions of the belt panel directly affect its purpose.
With this tool, you can paint the logs on the bars, boards and boats, the ribbed division to process milk lumber, get edged and unedged boards, bars and sleepers.
Some models of the unit are equipped with additional features and can prepare and move the wood during its cut. Among other things, the belt sawmaker allows you to minimize the losses: due to the thin blade, the amount of sawdust decreases by about 20%.
If you correctly select the type of web, the specifics of sharpening and wiring of teeth, you can make almost the perfect incision on any type of log. In the process of processing, the wizard can control the sawing process and take into account all the features of the texture of the tree and its flaws.
In addition, the working facility can be adjusted depending on the individual requirements of the buyer. If there is a need to cut a large log diameter from 120 cm, it is recommended to stop your choice on non-standard machines with the ability to adjust the width of the cut line.
Comparison with disk sawmills
Definitely answer the question of what is better – Disk or Belt Piloram, not even the most experienced master. First of all, you need to pay attention to the conditions under which work will be carried out. When choosing usually rely on the following factors:
- the quality of the source material;
- location of the unit;
- Forest dimensions;
- an approximate volume of wood in need of a seeding;
- Required quality of outlet lumber;
- cash costs;
- Qualifications of masters.
Only taking into account the above criteria, it will be possible to make an optimal selection of sawmills. In order to understand what machine it is suitable for you, it is recommended to study the features of each type of unit to explore the features of each type of aggregate.
Disk sawmill – a fairly common tool, for many years used by masters both in small-sized and large forest processing factories. The market presents a huge number of models in a wide variety of price categories, so that this technique can also be purchased for personal use, and to work at a professional enterprise.
The disk sawmill is usually different, thanks to which the owners can with ease to transport the unit and cut into the forest.
In addition, many models are equipped with an internal combustion engine, therefore, work from fuel, and not from electricity.
The following describes the positive qualities of disk pilots:
- The blade of the machine is insensitive to the age and quality of the tree, so the unit will change without problems with any kind of trees, including with trees of dry, polluted or burned forest;
- The product does not need frequent maintenance;
- With proper tuning, the slice will be performed perfectly even without chips;
- The disk sawmaker is an indispensable tool in obtaining radial boards.
Now let’s talk about the minuses:
- The main drawback is the cost, the qualitative tool is quite expensive;
- There is no possibility to process a large diameter tree;
- The considerable thickness of the cut, which adversely affects the quality of the final product.
Even despite the presence of shortcomings, disk sawmills are quite popular. The thing is that there are conditions in which the ribbon unit simply will not cope with the work.
Ribbon pylorama – relatively inexpensive type of sawmills, they can be purchased and used at home, and store in the garage.
Such products are mainly operated in the field of small and medium production, but in the presence of several aggregates you can process and large forest volumes.
Consider the main positive aspects of tape pylors:
- they cannot boast the presence of powerful electric motors, but the costs of electricity when using such equipment will be significantly lower;
- In addition to electrical models, aggregates equipped with internal combustion engines are presented in the modern market, so that the product can be transported and used on the site of the forest harvesting;
- It is possible to reconfigure the device after each pass;
- Thanks to the thin blade, you can make a slight thickness, therefore, the wizard can get any necessary material size;
- Some models allow you to process large diameter trunks.
But this technique has a cons who will be described below:
- Transportation of technology can deliver some problems thanks to large dimensions;
- The need for permanent saw maintenance;
- The belt sawmaker will not be able to treat a non-thendation forest, as the blade is too quickly fails;
- Only a professional should work at the machine, since the product needs to be very accurately tuned, otherwise the likelihood of obtaining low-quality output material is high.
Despite all the disadvantages, specialists recommend that there is ribbon panels to buy everyone who works in the woodworking sphere.
Wood processing equipment equipped with a toothed saw is represented in the market in various sizes. In addition to the dimensions, it is different and Appointment. All pailorams classified by 4 signs, which will be discussed below.
By the type of engine used
Varieties in the type of engine used:
- models equipped with an electric motor and feed from domestic power lines 220 volts;
- models feed on industrial power lines 360 volts;
- on diesel fuel.
Varieties of sediments in purpose:
- mini-sawmill for processing logs up to 45 cm in diameter;
- The sawmills of medium-sized dimensions – it is intended for cutting a bark up to 6 m long and a diameter of up to 70 cm;
- Industrial sawmill – It is used when sawing logs with a length of 5 m and a diameter of 120-150 cm.
If possible use
- Mobile pailorama. It is disassembled for transportation on a cargo machine or in a trailer. Most of these models are powered by gasoline or diesel fuel, therefore, the tool is not tied to power lines.
- Stationary pylorama. Such an aggregate cannot be disassembled, so it is used only at special woodworking factories.
By type of sawdow
Varieties of sawmills by type of pyline frame:
- Models with horizontal location of the blade;
- vertical belt models;
- Models with a function of changing the position of the cutting canvas.
Ribbon panels with a horizontal arrangement of the blades are the basic models and budgets at the same time. Most factories use precisely such models; they can also be installed in the garage and assemble themselves, the installation and configuration does not require greater experience with the tool.
Vertical belt sawmills are equipped with a cutting blade located at an angle of 90 °, therefore, cutting wood is carried out in a vertical position, as in disk units.
Sawmills with the function of changing the position of the cutting canvas are the most difficult, they are less popular and very expensive.
If your budget is limited, then experts recommend buying the most inexpensive model without additional configuration. In the future, as needed, you can simply buy the periphery: install the hydraulic or add the function of automatic birch feed. These additions will save time and pay off in a few months.
First of all, you should pay attention to the engine, its power must be within 11-15 kW, and the speed of rotation is at least 1500 rpm. The tape sawing machine should be worn to large loads and maintainable.
Below are the parameters to which you pay attention to before purchase.
- Repair cost. Note that the machine will not serve you forever, and someday it will have to be repaired. Prices for spare parts for the selected machine must be on your pocket.
- Rama design. The more strengthening on the saw portal, the more comfortable work. Poorly enhanced tool will vibrate strongly.
- Weight. The ribbon saw should be heavier than the material being treated by 1.5-2 times, otherwise the design will be unstable.
- Availability of warranty period. Models without warranty buy unacceptable.
- Safety. If there is an opportunity, it is better to pay extra for models with autotorrow or foot brake cutting canvas. This feature will save the wizard from possible injuries.
Stannin and sawmills should be adjustable in relation to each other and are made of a thick-walled steel profile. It has all the advantages of other materials and devoid of their flaws. Steel It serves quite a long time, it does not crack, not deforming and calmly withstands even the hardest logs. Aluminum Pulleys will fail with the first serious load.
The recommended size of the saw pulleys is 60 cm. If the diameter is less, it will significantly fall the productivity of the unit, and if more, the dimensions will become uncomfortable for transportation.
Also experienced specialists do not advise the purchase of rubberized pulleys due to a number of shortcomings:
- sawdust will stick to pulley;
- It is impossible to use scrapers, as the pulley erases all the sawdust;
- It is impossible to use cooling gels, since most of them have kerosene or diesel fuel in its composition, and these substances corrode the rubber layer;
- Rubber will have to change on a new one every 2 months.
The mechanism of vertical movement
The mechanism of vertical movement must be screw. Such mechanisms boast of good quality, high productivity and overload resistance. It is desirable that it be bronze, since this material is distinguished by wear resistance. Check that the screws are protected by special rubber corrugations.
Most of the plants for the production of pyllars resort to the use of automotive circuit screws. Such a replacement is not permissible and most often leads to the failure of the whole technique. The fact is that in the process of cutting the chain stretches and leads to the engine jamming.
In addition, the use of the automotive chain has a negative effect on the gearbox, which drives the chain. It is wearing, and the cutting element falls due to the vibration of the design.
Consequently, the output board turns out much already necessary.
Be prepared for the fact that the nuts will have to constantly change. This is a natural procedure that cannot be avoided. However, the costs of replacing the nuts are kopeck and incomparable with the cost of repair and replacing the gearbox.
Before buying, check that the tension “screw-nut” was soft. Strong stretch of springs will also negatively affect equipment. The fact is that between the pulleys and the cutting blade during operation, sawdust and other trash always accumulate. Soft tension softens the blow and, therefore, prevents possible breakdowns.
Before choosing a particular model, the following criteria should be taken into account.
- Ensured work. It is he who defines the power of future technology. If the volume is small, then it makes no sense to overpay for a powerful sawmill.
- Match the log thickness and the width of the cutting element.
- Try not to buy techniques of little-known foreign brands. Otherwise, the search and replacement of parts will cost very expensive and take a lot of time.
- Pay attention to the operating temperature range.
It is recommended to stop your choice on serial models by the pilots of popular brands, as they are the most reliable.
Be sure to look into the documentation: in the kit there must be all the necessary genuine certificates of proper quality, which will further confirm the safety of technology.
Competent adjustment of the unit directly affects the service life of the device.
- First of all set the rail base.
- For the correct operation of the sawmaker should be strictly horizontally, otherwise the bed is deformed, and the log fixation mechanisms on the frame will fail after a few hours. In the basic configuration of any high-quality sawmill, there are hydraulic levels showing the angle of inclination relative to the horizontal and vertical planes.
- The next step should calibrate and configure controls. To do this, at the beginning of work, the speed of the cut is set by 25% of the maximum possible, so that the tape can be boosted.
- After 10 minutes of work in this mode, you need to check the power of tension and add speeds. It is installed, pushing out from the type of blade. The larger the teeth of the saw, the greater the speed can be set.
- During the first cut, you need to pay attention to the manufacturer’s recommendations for setting up the vertical stroke of the web. To do this, compare the readings of the graduated line with those that were obtained as a result of the control propyl.
- During configuration, do not forget to measure the minimum, average and maximum speed of rotation of the blade and compare them with those indicated in the documentation.
How to work correctly?
There are some operations that an inexperienced wizer may seem insignificant, but they are significantly reflected as the output material. Among the main operations are the most important:
- The process of unloading wood on the frame;
- fixation of the trunk;
- setting the desired cut thickness;
- Efforts attached to move the frame along the barrel.
In the course of the organization of work, the qualifications of masters plays. Without proper experience, it will be difficult to distribute the duties, and the knowledge of the features of various types of wood allows you to increase productivity at times.
With the average power of the pylorama, but with good workers in 8 hours you can handle 7 cubic meters. Meters of 50 mm Unedte Board.
In order not to receive a large amount of waste, the working personnel should know the wood cutting tables and cutting technology in one way or another. With the right calculation, you can learn to reduce the amount of sawdust by about 5%, and at the same time saving energy resources by 3-5%.
While working with deciduous rocks, it is necessary to take into account the variety of wood, breed density, humidity and age. If you work with birch, aspen, alder, then the cut can be carried out by a universal sawmill, and if with an oak, a hub and a beech, then there is a ribbon sawmaker with a wave divorce. Broadlet saw copes with all coniferous rocks, except larch, but during work, experts recommend to handle saw rollers more liquid lubricant.
Among other things, never forget about safety rules while working with a machine, use a protective casing. The blade should always be sharply sharpened, otherwise I saw a spoil board, and when the rupture causes serious injuries to the employee.
How to make a homemade belt sawmill look next.