Acrylic glue Currently managed to obtain universal recognition as a universal means for fastening most of the various materials. For each type of work, certain varieties of this substance can be used. To navigate in the choice of this composition, it is necessary to consider in detail what acrylic glue: characteristics and application in various fields.
What it is?
Current acrylic adhesives are a suspension of certain polymers dissolved in water or in organic compounds. In the process of gradual evaporation of the solvent with a polymer, some modifications occur, which leads to the solicification of the substance and the acquisition of special rigidity to them. Depending on the components of those part, this glue can be used in various fields for certain purposes.
The most common area of application is the construction, Since the substance can fasten the majority of building materials, including metal, glass and even polypropylene surfaces. The main characteristics allow it to be used in industrial production, as well as for household purposes, and the grip will be strong and reliable regardless of conditions.
The main advantages of acrylic adhesives.
- Easy to use. Uniform distribution throughout the glued surface and harness.
- Very high adhesion with any materials. Such properties allow the use of glue on uneven surfaces.
- Moisture resistance, as well as providing a good level of tightness. A huge advantage is considered to be resistance to atmospheric influences associated with bad weather conditions.
- High level elasticity.
In the process of working with various types of mixtures, the disadvantages of this glue were also identified. One of the most common minuses is the insufficiency of the thickness of the imposed adhesive seam. It is important to understand that from all species only latex acrylic glue has a pronounced smell and non-toxic. All other varieties are to a certain extent toxic and have a sharp unpleasant smell. Long-term operation with glue without respiratory tract protection can cause damage to the mucous membranes.
It should be remembered that there are a large number of fakes performed in inconsistencies with GOST, they should be saved. Accommodation This material is necessary exclusively in specialized points of sale. Only the correctly selected acrylic glue will provide a strong, reliable and long-term connection of parts.
Types and specifications
The glue in question is produced from a synthetic substance – acrylic. Compositions based on it can be one-component and two-component. The first is already ready for the use of the substance, in the second case, the composition must be dissolved with water.
By the main substance and the method of hardening adhesives on an acrylic basis may be several species.
- Cyanacrylic glue has a single-component transparent composition and is used for various materials. It is characterized by very quick grappleness.
- Acrylic glue Modified – a mixture of acrylic and solvent has widespread use in construction.
- Acrylic composition solidifying only under the influence of UV waves required length. Used when gluing glass, mirrors, screens and other transparent materials.
- Acrylic glue on latex basis is the most popular substance that does not smell, absolutely harmless and fireproof. This is the most universal repair and installation composition, capable of clutching any textures. Therefore, it is used when laying linoleum and other floor coverings. Due to the waterproof, it is used in bathrooms and other places with high humidity.
- Water-dispersion acrylic adhesive has the safest composition solidifying after moisture evaporation.
- Adhesive acrylic for tiles is used to fix ceramic tiles, artificial flexible stone, quartz sand and other facing materials.
Adhesive compositions on an acrylic basis can be sold in the form of dry compositions and already in the finished form. Dry mixes are packaged in bags weighing from 1 to 25 kg. This product is mixed with water, communicate to the required consistency and is applied by appointment. The use of this mixture is 20-30 minutes, so the composition of parts should be breed depending on the area of the surface being processed.
Ready acrylic mixtures are much more convenient in operation, do not require dilution and mixing. Unused composition can be stored a long period of time in a tire with a tightly closed lid. Depending on the type of glue, ready-made compositions are sold in tubes, bottles, canisters and barrels.
Famous stamps and reviews
The most famous brands of acrylic compositions that have a lot of positive feedback include several manufacturers.
- Acrylic glue decart – this is a universal waterproof substance having a white color in a liquid state, and when drying, forming a transparent film; Apply to all materials, except polyethylene;
- Contact Water-Dispersion Glue VGT intended for the adhesion of smooth inevitable surfaces, including polypropylene and polyethylene;
- Mastic adhesive “Polacms”, having acrylic water-dispersed composition, designed for gluing plates, parquet and other facing coatings;
- ASP 8A glue has high internal strength and excellent resistance to various detergents;
- Universal mounting Acrylic adhesive Axton reliably fixes wood, plaster and polystyrene;
- Adhesive acrylic “Raduga-18” It is used for gluing practical all facing materials, including plasterboard, wood, concrete and other materials;
- Acrylic Glue Sealant Masterteks Designed to seal a variety of materials, used for indoor and outdoor use.
Selection and application
Acquire the composition necessary, based on the purposes and place of use. For household needs it is better to buy universal acrylic glue. It has the most wide range of action and is pretty low in use.
In any case, when selecting the following factors should be considered:
- Temperature parameters when making installation, as well as data range of indicators during operation;
- The area and structure of the treated surface (for smooth surfaces, consumption will be less than for porous, for example, concrete);
- compliance of the properties of the used atmospheric adhesive (moisture resistant, fireproof and others);
- Types of bonded materials (single-type or different).
Before use, be sure to get acquainted with the instruction that is attached on the package. All further manipulations should be made in strict accordance with this information.
The main requirement when using acrylic glue is safety safety, even if it is harmless.
- Availability of personal protective equipment is a mandatory work point with this substance.
- Surfaces requiring gluing should be prepared for the application of the composition, remove dust, dirt and other pollution, that is, to make cleaning from the old finish and careful degreasing alcohol or solvent. Sometimes acceptable to use primer. In addition, the glued parts must be dry and dense, do not contain poorly fixed elements. Glossy surface treated with small abrasive.
- Works are carried out at a temperature of + 5º – + 35ºС, excluding direct sunlight.
- The dry mix must be breeding in strict accordance with the instructions, best of all water temperature.
- Excess the mixture that appeared on the surface should be immediately removed with a dry cloth, otherwise the glue is very hard after drying.
About how to apply acrylic glue, told in video.