- Recommendations for choosing a nail gun
- Rating of the best nail guns
- Makita DPT353RFE
- BOSCH PTK 14 EDT 0.603.265.520
- STANLEY HAND TOOLS STANLEY 6-TRE650
- RYOBI R18N18G-0
- ZUBR ZSP-2000
- Hammer HPE2000C PREMIUM
- Wortex ES 1053
- Kolner KES 650
One of the youngest construction tools is considered a nail gun (nailer). Although this device appeared in the domestic market recently, but its range is so rich that even experienced builders are lost when buying. The main advantage of the nailer over the hammer is the high performance. In one minute, the tool can hammer 20 to 60 nails or staples. Thanks to this, the nailer finds new areas of application. In order to buy an effective device that optimally combines cost and technical characteristics, you should listen to the recommendations of our experts.
Recommendations for choosing a nail gun
Purpose.It’s best to start choosing a nailing gun with a purpose.
- Framed models are characterized by high power. They are used for the device of rough structures, frameworks or crates. Such nailers are able to work with large nails (50-220 mm), the power of the device is enough to pierce through the boards and bars.
- Trim guns are for installing sheet metal to wooden frames. Nails with a length of 25-75 mm with wide heads are used as accessories. Such models have spacious magazines.
- Finishing nailers are used for fixing platbands, baseboards, glazing beads and moldings. They must ensure the inconspicuousness of fasteners, so most often the devices work with thin and short nails or staples. Builders pay special attention to the accuracy of impact force adjustment.
- Roofing machines are bought for nailing roofing felt or soft shingles. As a tooling it is used a nail-brush length of 25-50 mm with a large head. Professionals call such tools “nail-driving machines.
- A nailer for installing thin and soft materials should be lightweight, comfortable, and fast-acting. The capacity of the magazine in this case should reach 100-150 nails or staples.
Types of nail guns. The main difference between nailers lies in the drive. The following options are available on the market.
- Electric nylinders are the most affordable and popular in Russia. Some of them operate from the domestic mains, while others are battery-powered. This type of gun is considered the weakest. Therefore, the scope of application is limited to finishing, fastening of insulation materials, assembly of small structures. The devices are liked by builders for their low weight, low noise level, ease of operation, environmental friendliness and safety.
- The pneumatic drive is in high demand on large construction sites or in manufacturing plants. The distinguishing features of the tool are power and fire safety. The gun is able to drive nails up to 5 mm thick and up to 220 mm long into the wood. Of the disadvantages of the device should be highlighted the presence of compressed air with a pressure of 4 to 30 bar.
- Gas nailing guns benefit from mobility. These devices use explosive energy to drive nails. The advantages of gas nailers include high power, versatility, ergonomics. But such devices are expensive, it is necessary to periodically clean the combustion chamber.
- Powder guns are purchased for hammering nails into the hardest substrates (concrete, brick). The impact force depends on the type of cartridges, which are marked in different colors. The disadvantages are narrow specialization, the presence of exhaust, the need to hold the device with two hands.
We have selected the 8 best nail guns in our review. All of them are widely represented on the Russian market. Opinion of the expert community and feedback from domestic builders were taken into account when allocating the places.
Rating of the best nail guns
|Rating of the best nail guns||1||Makita DPT353RFE||33 249€|
|2||BOSCH PTK 14 EDT 0.603.265.520||5 879€|
|3||STANLEY HAND TOOLS STANLEY 6-TRE650||5 093€|
|4||RYOBI R18N18G-0||12 000€|
|5||ZUBR ZSP-2000||3 690€|
|6||Hammer HPE2000C PREMIUM||4 399€|
|7||Wortex ES 1053||2 056€|
|8||Kolner KES 650||1 450€|
The Makita DPT353RFE nail gun is highly rated by professionals. This cordless model combines portability with convenience. The unit is equipped with a 18V lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 3 Ah. Two batteries included. Experts liked the option of tracking the level of charge, as well as automatic battery protection. To save battery, it shuts down when minimum charge is reached. The tool can handle a variety of nail lengths from 15 to 35mm. Magazine holds up to 100 nails. The hammering depth is adjusted with a knob. The model is the winner of our ranking.
Domestic users praise the Japanese gun for its low weight (2.1 kg), reliability, efficient LED lighting. The only disadvantages are the high price.
- 2 batteries;
- roomy magazine;
- LED backlight.
- high price.
BOSCH PTK 14 EDT 0.603.265.520
Staple gun BOSCH PTK 14 EDT has a wide range of features. With the German tool it is possible to hammer both nails up to 14 mm long, and staples 11,4 mm wide and 14 mm long. The electric device has a capacity of 30 strokes per minute. Adjustable impact force and magazine fill level indicator on the housing. The unit comes with 1000 staples of 10 mm in length. Experts praised the DuoTac mode, which allows you to hammer two staples in one strike. For convenience and lightness (1.1 kg) the model becomes the silver medalist of our rating.
Russian builders praise the tool in their reviews for its ease of use, adjustable impact force, versatility. Disadvantages include Asian build quality.
- wide functionality;
- low weight;
- rubberized grip;
- impact force adjustment.
- Asian build quality is not up to par.
STANLEY HAND TOOLS STANLEY 6-TRE650
Tools of American manufacturer STANLEY are in demand among professional builders. The STANLEY 6-TRE650 nail gun will help fix soft materials with high quality. No marks or dents left on the surface after nailing. The model is able to work with nails of length from 15 to 32 mm. The manufacturer has equipped the device with a capacious magazine for 100 nails. Experts drew attention to the high level of safety, the control is carried out by pressing the trigger, the operator can adjust the force of the blow. The gun handle has a rubber pad to reduce vibration stress. The model ranks third in our rating.
Users are satisfied with the quality of workmanship and convenience of the American gun. Problems occur only with repairs.
- high-quality assembly;
- capacious magazine;
- anti-vibration system.
- no service center.
Another cordless nail gun ranks high in our rating. Model RYOBI R18N18G-0 experts liked its rapidity, in one minute, the tool performs 60 strokes. And the maximum nail length is 50 mm with a thickness of 1.2 mm. The cassette type magazine holds 105 nails. From the additional functions should be noted adjustment of impact force and penetration depth, as well as LED backlight.
To conquer the top three of the model was not possible for several reasons. Builders note the high weight of the gun (2.5 kg), which leads to rapid fatigue. There are always 5-7 nails left in the store, and the device does not want to work when the battery is 50% charged (requires a full charge).
- high rate of fire;
- roomy magazine;
- regulation of hammering depth;
- LED backlight.
- large weight;
- no battery and charger included.
Attractive combination of price and quality has Russian-Chinese ZUBR ZSP-2000 nail gun. This network tool has a high power (2000 W), it is capable of hammering nails 15-30 mm long and 55 staples. The device is comfortable in the hand, it is light enough (1.6 kg), which allows you to work for a long time without getting tired. The magazine can hold 50 pieces of accessories, and thanks to the hardened striker and steel clamp holder the gun can handle a large number of hits. Model can not boast the productivity (20 beats/min), but the impact force can be adjusted.
Experts gave the tool fifth place in our rating, t. k. Users found a number of disadvantages. This jamming of nails in the mechanism, as well as incomplete hammering of the tool into the wood.
- reasonable price;
- high power;
- impact force regulation.
- nails get stuck;
- the tool is not driven in up to the end.
Hammer HPE2000C PREMIUM
Chinese construction nailer Hammer HPE2000C PREMIUM has got in top 6 of our rating. It has attracted the attention of experts by the positive reviews from Russian users. High power (2000 W), good productivity (30 beats per minute) and accurate setting of impact force are the strong points of this tool. The combination of these properties allows the work to be done quickly and accurately. The manufacturer has taken care of safety while hammering nails and staples, installing protection against accidental “shot”. In order to work the striking mechanism it is necessary to put the tool tightly to the workpiece.
During the use of the device some disadvantages emerged. There is no grease in the mechanism, often the device fires two staples each.
- affordable price;
- protection against accidental “shot”;
- high power;
- fine-tuning the punch.
- no lubrication in the mechanism;
- Shoots out 2 staples.
Wortex ES 1053
When you have to constantly work with materials such as cardboard, textiles, leather, thermal and vapor barrier, it is worth looking at the stapler Wortex ES 1053. Experts praised the lightness of the gun (1.3 kg) and its equipment (400 staples and 100 nails). The device is not designed for hammering large tools, the length of nails and staples is limited to 16 mm. But it quickly and accurately fixes thin and soft materials. The manufacturer has provided protection against accidental pressing, and the impact force can be adjusted for each type of work. Ergonomic handle with rubberized inlay provides comfort to the operator.
The device hits our rating for affordable price and ease of operation. Among the disadvantages, users point out the modest power and limited scope of application.
- good equipment;
- accurate adjustment of the impact force.
- modest power;
- narrow scope of application.
Kolner KES 650
The Kolner KES 650 electric stapler is suitable for stapling a wide range of materials. Experts paid attention to it because of the lowest price. The device is designed in Germany, but assembled in China. Of the merits of the gun should be noted the light weight (600 g), this quality is especially appreciated by builders, when they have to shoot the vapor barrier to the roof. The maximum length of the nails is only 15 mm. The modest capabilities of the device are explained by the small power (650 watts). The magazine can hold up to 50 nails. The gun has a protection against accidental activation.
Domestic users praise the nailer for its low price, long cord and lightness. The disadvantages often mentioned are low power, poor assembly, deformation of staples.
- low price;
- long cord;
- low power;
- substandard assembly.