- How to choose a centrifugal pump
- Rating of the best centrifugal pumps
- Best Centrifugal Surface Pumps
- Wilo Star-RS 25/6-130
- Grundfos UPS 25-40 180
- JIELEX Jumbo 70/50 P
- Hammer NAC 1000A
- The best submersible centrifugal pumps
- VICHR SN-50H
- GZHILEKS Vodomet PROF 55/75 A
- BELAMOS TF3-60
- JILEX Drainage 170/9
Owners of private homes are periodically faced with the purchase of a domestic pump. This electric appliance helps to organize the water supply in the house, optimize the heating system, set up irrigation of the garden, etc. d. Centrifugal pumps take a special place in a wide model range. They are highly efficient and can be used for pumping not only water but also antifreeze, oil and other technical fluids. In order to choose the optimal planer for your needs, you should take into account the recommendations of experts.
How to choose a centrifugal pump
- Destination.The centrifugal pump is a useful device in the heating system. Circulation models are best suited for this purpose. Surface pumps find a worthy place at the organization of water supply. This category should also be purchased by dacha owners who often leave the site unattended. Submersible pumps are used to pump water from wells, wells and ponds. Some of them are not afraid of dirty water.
- Reliability and long life.In order for the pump to serve more than one year, smoothly pumping water, it is important to know what materials it is made of. Not afraid of corrosion different polymers and stainless steel. The best option would be to make the body, shaft and check valve from stainless steel, and the rotating parts (wheel) from plastic.
- Capacity.Choose such parameters as pressure, power and flow capacity should be depending on the location of the centrifugal pump. So in heating systems do not need a large capacity, so the power is limited to 100 W, lifting height of 6 m, and the flow capacity of 4 cu. m/h. For the pump, which will be responsible for water supply, such indicators are clearly not enough. It is important to take into account the depth of the well or borehole, the length of the pipeline, pipe diameter. Models with electric motors of at least 1 kW can provide the necessary output.
- Noise level. Not the most important factor is the noise level that a centrifugal pump makes during operation. Particularly when it comes to the watering of beds or the water supply. But when the device is constantly running in the heating system, the loud noise can be a serious problem. In this case it is necessary to pay attention to low-noise models.
- Water quality.Not all pumps are equally unpretentious about the purity of water. One of the indicators is the maximum size of particles allowed for the model. If grains of sand up to 1 mm in size are allowed, then such a device is designed to pump clean water. Drainage pumps can easily pass through the liquid with solids up to 5 mm, and their concentration can reach 2-3 kg per cubic meter of water.
- Easy to use. Modern centrifugal pumps can be equipped with additional accessories that simplify the life of the owner. The float switch allows the cottager to mind his business while the pump is watering the vegetable garden. As soon as the water level drops to a dangerous line, the float switches off the pump. Various sensors and relays prevent the motor from overheating or running dry.
We have selected 8 best centrifugal pumps in our review. They have been rigorously screened by the expert community and Russian consumers.
Rating of the best centrifugal pumps
|Best Centrifugal Surface Pumps||1||Wilo Star-RS 25/6-130||5 850€|
|2||Grundfos UPS 25-40 180||4 800€|
|3||JILEX Jumbo 70/50 P||5 235€|
|4||Hammer NAC 1000A||6 699€|
|The best centrifugal submersible pumps||1||VICHR SN-50H||8 320€|
|2||JILEX Vodomet PROF 55/75 A||9 000€|
|3||ELAMOS TF3-60||7 365€|
|4||DJILEX Drainage 170/9||3 600€|
Best Centrifugal Surface Pumps
Centrifugal type surface pumps are affordable and easy to service. They are easy to protect from theft, if installed in a room with a reliable lock. Experts highlighted several effective models.
Wilo Star-RS 25/6-130
Widely used German circulation pump Wilo Star-RS 25/6-130. It is suitable for heating, hot water and air conditioning systems. This model successfully combines a set of technical parameters and a reasonable price. Compact and lightweight (2.48 kg) device consumes only 84 watts of electricity. At the same time, the lifting height reaches 5.5 m, and the flow capacity is limited to 3.5 cubic. m/h. experts note the wide range of operating temperatures (-10…+110 ° C), which allows using it in systems with antifreeze. It is worth paying attention to the wet rotor, such a design provides effective cooling of the engine.
Users give positive feedback about the build quality, quiet operation and compact size. But the durability of the unit leaves much to be desired, if the water is of low quality.
- the quality of its assembly;
- compactness and lightness;
- wide range of operating temperatures.
- service life.
Grundfos UPS 25-40 180
Another small-sized centrifugal circulation pump takes the prize in our ranking. Grundfos UPS 25-40 180 features quiet operation and low power consumption (45 W). Appliance looks more modest compared to the winner in such parameters as lifting height (4m) and productivity (2.93 cbm/h). m/h). Experts recommend the appliance for use in heating, water supply and floor heating systems. The pump design features ceramic bearings, composite impeller, and the motor winding is resistant to current blocking.
Homeowners like the centrifugal pump for its quiet operation, economical power consumption, good performance. The disadvantages are the low quality of Chinese assembly.
- noiseless operation;
- affordable price;
- compact and lightweight (2.6 kg).
- Low quality of Chinese assembling.
JIELEX Jumbo 70/50 P
Russian surface pump DJILEX Dzhymbo 70/50 P is designed for water supply only. With its help users organize the water supply of private houses and carry out watering of the household plot. High power (1.1 kW) is considered by experts as the strength of the pump. Due to the built-in ejector, the pump is able to lift water from wells and boreholes to a depth of 9 m. This provides an excellent head (45 m) and performance (3.9 cubic meters). m/h). Only clean water with sand grains up to 0.8 mm should pass through the pump. The manufacturer has equipped its device with motor protection against overheating.
Homeowners appreciate the pump for its unpretentiousness and power, quality manufacturing and availability. The third place in the ranking of the model gets for the noisy operation and large size.
- big immersion depth;
- reasonable price;
- quality manufacture.
- noisy operation;
- large dimensions.
Hammer NAC 1000A
Many compliments from Russian consumers come to the surface pump Hammer NAC 1000A. The model is designed for pumping clean and lightly contaminated water (particles up to 3 mm). Powerful electric motor (1,0 kW) is able to maintain the maximum pressure at the level of 45 m, and the pump capacity reaches 4.6 cu.m. m/h. Centrifugal pump can lift water from wells and bores to a depth of 8 m. Housing of the device is made of corrosion-resistant steel. Silicone casing reliably protects contacts of the switch from moisture and dust. It is convenient to carry the device thanks to the plastic handle.
The strengths of the model consumers refer to good performance, continuous operation and acceptable price. Of the disadvantages noted large weight (10.4 kg), which prevented the pump to get into the top three in the ranking.
- good performance;
- high-quality assembly;
- housing corrosion resistance.
- high weight.
The best submersible centrifugal pumps
Submersible pumps of the centrifugal type have advantages. They work in a well or a borehole, so they practically do not make noise. But in the absence of owners, devices become tempting prey for thieves. Experts recommend taking a closer look at several pumps.
A successful combination of all major characteristics has a submersible pump VICHR SN-50H, which predetermined its victory in the rating. It is designed to supply water from deep wells and wells (up to 50 m). With an electric motor power of 600 W, the pump provides a pumping capacity of 3.6 cubic meters per hour. m/h. The model is unpretentious to water quality, the size of foreign particles can be 5 mm. The manufacturer used stainless steel for the manufacture of the body, which increased the life of the pump. In order to avoid damage to the motor when overloaded or in the absence of water is installed thermal protection.
Owners of the Russian-Chinese pump are flattered by the equipment, good performance, durability and unpretentiousness. Disadvantages include poor corrosion protection of fasteners.
- ease of use;
- large immersion depth;
- Good performance;
- quiet operation.
- fasteners are rusty.
GZHILEKS Vodomet PROF 55/75 A
The Russian submersible pump JILEX Vodomet PROF 55/75 A is equipped with float switch, which makes pumping of water comfortable for the user. Experts draw attention of potential buyers to unpretentiousness to water quality. Thus, the sand content in 1,000 liters of water can be up to 2 kg. The model boasts a maximum head (75 m) and a good capacity (55 l/min). The pump has a thermostat that protects the motor in case of overheating.
To the advantages of the centrifugal pump consumers refer affordability, power, quiet operation. The disadvantages of the model noted dimensions, unreliable plastic fastening of the wire with a float. That is why the pump takes the second place in our rating.
- affordable price; repair
- 3-year warranty;
- noiseless operation.
- large dimensions;
- flimsy plastic.
BELAMOS TF3-60 submersible pump allows to organize automatic water supply in a house. It can lift water from a depth of up to 30 m, while the pressure in the pipeline reaches 3 atmospheres (at ground surface). The model is designed for pumping clean water, admits impurities not more than 150 g in 1000 liters. Pump casing and check valve are made of stainless steel, a special polymer is used for the impeller. The electric motor runs in an oil bath, it is effectively cooled and does not make noise during operation.
The experts gave the pump the third place in the rating for easy installation, easy maintenance, long cable (35 m). The disadvantages of the model owners include not maintainability and lack of soft start.
- stainless steel housing;
- Polymer impeller;
- oil-cooled motor;
- good pressure.
- No soft start;
- Difficulties with maintenance.
JILEX Drainage 170/9
Affordable price has allowed a submersible pump DJILEX Drainage 170/9 to get into our rating. In terms of technical characteristics, the model is inferior to the top three. The pump is equipped with a low-power motor (400W), which provides a maximum head of 9m. Immersion depth is limited to 8 m. And only the drainage capacity can boast (10.2 cubic meters). m/h). The pump is able to pass through itself the water with a maximum particle size of not more than 5 mm. Due to the plastic housing, the manufacturer has managed to reduce the weight of the device to 5, 1 kg. Float switch provides ease of operation.
Users like the performance and cost of the Russian pump. No problems with repair and maintenance. But the model has no rope for immersion and no holes for its fastening.
- high performance;
- low price;
- low weight.
- plastic housing;
- no holes for attaching a cable.