- Rating of the best Makita rotary hammers
- The best Makita chain hammers
- Makita HR5210C
- Makita HR4003C
- Makita HR2811F
- Makita HR2475
- Makita HR2470X15 (2.7 J)
- Best Makita cordless rotary hammers
- Makita DHR242Z 0 box -Ion 18 V (2.4 J)
Often when choosing a power tool, buyers prefer the Japanese brand Makita, distinguished by its high quality. The Makita company produces a large number of different rotary hammers, so it is useful to consider the rating of the most popular of them, based on reviews of owners and craftsmen, and taking into account the characteristics of the equipment. This will ease the choice and help you buy the product best suited to future tasks.
Rating of the best Makita rotary hammers
|The best Makita power hammers||1||Makita HR5210C||49 819 €|
|2||Makita HR4003C||21 100 €|
|3||Makita HR2811F||17 070 €|
|4||Makita HR2475||8 997 €|
|5||Makita HR2470X15 (2.7 Joules)||7 694 €|
|The best Makita cordless rotary hammers||1||Makita DHR242Z 0 box||14 501 €|
|2||Makita DHR202RF||9 283 €|
The best Makita chain hammers
The most powerful model from Makita. It consumes 1500 W and strikes 2159 times a minute. The solid drill can drill holes of up to 52 mm in diameter in concrete. If you insert the drill bit, you can drill a 160 mm circle. Users share in reviews that the perforator scores a spade in a jiffy, and the heavy weight of the 10.8kg contributes to vibration absorption. But the machine only drills with impact, which is important to consider when choosing. The Makita manufacturer has equipped it with a spindle lock and a safety clutch.
The perforator takes the first place in the rating of Makita power tools, because it is endowed with the energy of tangential beating 19.7 Joules, which is 2-4 times better than other models. This hammer also leads in power, producing 1500 watts. Our experts recommend this machine for drilling in extremely hard materials such as natural stone, concrete created from M1000 cements and fire bricks.
- In case of drill jamming, the hammer does not twist out of hands;
- included in the package is a case;
- Second handle in the form of a staple rather than a pin is particularly comfortable to hold;
- indicator of a close replacement of brushes.
- It is hard to hold even with two hands;
- high power consumption when working all day long;
- bulky when transporting;
- bit with SDS-max shank is harder to find.
An excellent hammer from Makita with 1100W power and impact force of 8.3 Joules. “Drunk bearing” makes more than 2,900 pushes per minute on the tool barrel, which contributes to high performance. With the drill can drill holes up to 40 mm in diameter, and engaging the core bit up to 105 mm. There’s a mode switch and depth limiter on top of the body. Masters in reviews say that it is comfortable to work with, and although it does not have a system to eliminate vibration, but the large weight physically reduces its impact on the hands.
This Makita rotary hammer belongs to the powerful models, though it yields twice as much by energy of chiseling to the leader of the rating. It can be used for the rapid dismantling of walls or for drilling in hard materials, but the experts also paid attention to it because of the long feed wire of 5 m, which is absent in the other Makita rotary hammers. This makes it possible to go most places without an extension cord, plugging the tool directly into a power outlet.
- There are separate modes for drilling and chiseling;
- The trigger button is blocked from accidental start-up;
- Comes with a handy carrying case and grease for the chuck and gear;
- easy maintenance (easy opening of the lubrication compartment).
- no vibration damping system;
- hard to hold for a long time because of the weight 6.2 kg
- the help of a second person is needed to remove the locking ring on the barrel;
- the plastic squeaks when working.
A mid-priced hammer from the Makita brand, consuming 800 watts for every hour of use. The tool is equipped with an SDS-Plus chuck that is easy to fit with the accessories. When rotating, the machine performs up to 4,500 blows and reaches speeds of 1,100 rpm. Three independent modes for different tasks and surface hardness. Makita comes in a carrying case convenient for transportation. A safety clutch protects the tool from twisting in case of a core bit jamming.
Experts added this perforator to the rating because it is the most compact Makita model with a transverse-mounted electric motor. D-shaped main handle and short body are practical for use at height and one-handed holding. A second handle with 360-degree rotation is available where you need strong pressure. The manufacturer of this model has also provided Makita LED backlighting of the work area, so you do not have to take a flashlight or pull the wire light to the height.
- low power consumption;
- anti-vibration system in the handle;
- A wide starting key and a lock against unauthorized activation;
- Three modes of operation and a convenient switch.
- drilling diameter is limited to 28 mm;
- impact energy of 2.9 Joules will require a longer impact on hard concrete made of M600 cement.
Makita made this drill with a longitudinal motor, which had an impact on the size of the body. Configuration allows you to comfortably rest the D-handle from the shoulder and push hard, speeding up the drilling process. The equipment has a power of 780 W and performs 4500 blows at a speed of 1100 rpm. With a modest 2 impact energy.The Hammer drill can drill a hole up to 24 mm in diameter into the concrete. As with the previous model here are introduced three modes for normal drilling or clean chiseling without rotation. According to owner reviews, it takes 10 seconds to drill a 10 mm diameter hole in a load-bearing wall with a depth of 8 cm.
Our experts ranked the hammer as one of the lightest in the Makita lineup. It weighs exactly 3 kg and is optimally suited for work on the fixation of household appliances, shelves, holes for anchors for the crate.
- Three modes of operation;
- easy selection of accessories for fixing slots in the chuck;
- Reverse for better extraction of the drill;
- 4 m power cord.
- it is not comfortable to use at height, where it is necessary to hold with one hand;
- strong vibrations;
- Unsuitable for combining with drill bits.
Makita HR2470X15 (2.7 J)
The Makita HR2470X15 has become the true choice of customers. It stands out for its affordable price, while the power of the machine is 780 W and it goes beyond a simple household tool. This tool has three modes for different tasks: it can chisel without turning the chuck, chisel and drill simultaneously, or only drill. The modes do not spontaneously switch because the rotary knob is secured with an additional latch. But the master will be able to set the mode in one touch. The impact energy is 2.7 Joules, which is enough for destroying foamed concrete blocks, bricks and other building materials. In one minute, the hammer can hit 4,500 times and penetrate concrete with confidence. The drill bits supplied with the tool have a good bit of tungsten carbide tips that will last for the first few months of use. Reviews show that the unit is very durable and it is often chosen by repair crews.
This is another one of the lightest cordless rotary hammers in the Makita lineup. Model weighs 2.7 kg, so with it your hands are less tired if you have to install a suspended ceiling PVC or Armstrong.
- convenient reversing switch;
- bent handle on the end increases grip;
- The wide stop on the additional handle;
- easy to switch modes.
- 2 wires only.5 m;
- Made in China.
Best Makita cordless rotary hammers
Makita models with a battery pack are comfortable with their autonomy and allow you to drill even in the field. This comes in handy if the object is not yet connected to a power line (this is often the case in the initial stages of construction). The hammer drill does not use the power of a gasoline generator. But it’s the capacity of the batteries and the number of batteries that matter here.
Makita DHR242Z 0 box