- How to choose an acrylic bathtub
- Ranking of the best acrylic bath companies
- The best acrylic baths brands
- Villeroy Boch
Acrylic bathtubs are structures with a special coating based on polymer dispersion. Unlike standard enamel, acrylic has no pores, so it collects less dirt and debris. The surface can be cleaned by gentle chemicals without abrasion. Customers like acrylic baths due to the new tactile sensations, because they become “warm” when touching it compared to the metal ones. In view of the above advantages, it is worthwhile to understand how to choose a bathtub with such a coating and which companies, whose products are available in Russia, are the best.
How to choose an acrylic bathtub
Let’s note the key parameters of acrylic bath choice:
- The acrylic look. It comes in ABS/PMMA or pure PMMA. The first is a two-part mixture of plastic and glass. ABS acts as a base and takes up to 90% of the composition. Acrylic itself is the top coating. Wears out such a layer for 3-5 years. The second option – it is a pure casting of plexiglass (PMMA), so such a bath serves 10-12 years.
- The thickness of the layer. Another parameter that affects how long the cover lasts. Thickness of 2-3 mm will suffice for 3-4 years. 4 mm thick layer will last 7 years. Polymer with a rating of 5-6.5 mm will last up to 12 years.
- The number of reinforcing layers. Since the plexus itself is flexible, on the back side the manufacturer applies a fiber that acts as reinforcement. The number of layers depends on the strength of construction. There are 1 to 5 of them.
- Dimensions. The dimensions of the bath are chosen based on the area of the room and the proportions of the users. The smallest acrylic bathtubs are 120 cm long and 65 cm wide. The biggest acrylic baths reach 200×180 cm.
- Features of construction.There are free-standing vessels that can be placed in the middle of the room. They are suitable for spacious rooms. There are longitudinal models for installation along the wall. Corner ones are placed in the corner, but can be rectangular, square or semi-circular.
- Additional accessories. The headrest allows a more comfortable stay in the bathtub. Armrests relax the shoulder girdle. Handrails make it easy to climb out of the water. Shelves for bathroom accessories will allow you to place everything you need nearby, instead of reaching far for it.
- Options.Jacuzzi will help you relax under the jets of air bubbles. Hydromassage will affect the muscles with powerful streams of water. Chromotherapy through lamps with electromagnetic radiation will fill the body with energy.
Choosing an acrylic bathtub, do not forget about the metal frame on which it will be installed, as some companies sell it separately.
Ranking of the best acrylic bath companies
|The best acrylic bathtub companies||1||BelBagno||5.0|
The best acrylic baths brands
Now let’s look at the best companies that make acrylic bathtubs. Company reviews are based on product features and customer reviews, making it easy to choose an expensive product.
In first place Belbango, headquartered in Italy, with production facilities now operating in several countries. The products are distinguished by a thick plexus layer with a minimum of plastic. They are sturdy structures that can support a user’s weight of 90-150 kg, taking into account the accumulated water in the tank. Buyers in reviews like the fact that the accessories for organizing the drain and overflow, which come with the bathtub, are made of brass, not plastic, like most competitors.
We think that this company is the best because of its variety of shapes and collections that contain quite rare types of constructions. For example, “Belbango” is one of the few companies, which produces a round freestanding bathtub, among which differs BB30-1550. The tank has a diameter of 155 cm and a height of 60 cm, which allows you to fill it with 286 liters of liquid. This mini-pool is distinguished by its snow-white color, and the company gives a 10-year warranty on it.
- More than 170 varieties of acrylic models;
- all types of designs;
- There are variants on legs and with a frame;
- brass fittings.
- high production price;
- Some bathtubs have a floor drain.
In second place is again an Italian company that has been operating since 1917. Roca produces bathtubs made of acrylic with a thickness of 4-5 mm, which can last up to 8 years. The raw material used is a polymer from the French brand Altuglas. Plex does not tarnish, nor does it lose its luster during use. Reinforced edges are always used in the construction. The stop valve is from Wirquin, which ensures reliable operation and easy connection. Judging by the reviews of users, the baths of this company are characterized by quality reinforcement without “gaps”, thanks to which the strength of the structure is preserved during temperature changes. Still fixing the acrylic bathtub to the frame does not require a key, but the construction does not wiggle, because it is connected by magnets.
We have found the company to be the best because of the equipment of its bathtubs with a semi-automatic overflow. To fill the reservoir, simply turn clockwise the ring around the overflow, and it triggers a handwheel in the drain, sealing the hole. This simplifies operation and does not require the separate use of rubber cork.
- Acrylic is resistant to high temperatures;
- Does not sag when heated;
- solid reinforcement;
- attaches to the frame with magnets.
- The anti-slip coating looks dirty;
- high cost;
- water cools quickly.
The third place we gave to VilleroyBoch company, which began its activity in 1748. It is the oldest manufacturer, although originally it specialized in steel structures as well as ceramics and porcelain. The company operates in Germany and is headquartered in. Metlach. In the catalog, acrylic baths are divided by configuration, color, size and installation method.
The company is notable for making bathtubs of unusual shapes. In addition to the standard rectangular, oval and semi-circular vessels, in the catalog of the company there is a separate section “Special bath”. They are designed for small rooms, but are designed to provide increased space to the user through unconventional shapes and thoughtful ergonomics. For example, the LoopFritnds 1750×1350 mm is made with trapezoidal geometry. The narrow part is placed at the entrance to the room, providing enough space for passage. The wide side in the far corner does not interfere with anyone, allowing you to sit comfortably for water procedures.
- all varieties of configurations;
- There are tubs on frames and legs;
- It is easy to put a foot over the low side;
- the wide choice of colors of acrylic.
- Some models lack the depth of 44 cm;
- high cost.
Next in the review is the Czech company Riho, which is a subsidiary of Riho International of Holland. Production in the Czech Republic was founded in 1994 and soon achieved excellent results, mastering a new industry. The company has set a course for the production of high quality acrylic baths, which can last 10-12 years. The company is proud to be a member of the “Chamber of Commerce of the Czech Republic”. The company offers acrylic vessels in the ranges: Admire, Castello, Caro
Our experts have paid attention to the company due to the presence in the catalog of diamond-shaped angular acrylic bathtubs, which help to save space in a small room and create an unusual interior. For example, Austin BA11 with 145×145 cm dimensions provides enough space for the user, but allows you to install an automatic washing machine in the opposite corner.
- light weight of the designs;
- particularly smooth surface;
- the ease of maintenance of the coating;
- does not “walk” when mounted on a frame.
- Some users do not like the shape of the headrests;
- Sometimes water droplets run over the rim and drip onto the floor.
This company belongs to the category of quality factory made in China. The company produces rectangular, oval and corner acrylic bathtubs. By installation method, there are both wall-mounted and freestanding versions. In terms of size most of the models 140×70 cm, but there are spacious containers with a length of 190-200 cm in width 90 and 100 cm. The products are covered by a 3-year guarantee. Buyers in reviews like the fact that acrylic bathtubs Abber are sold together with frames, although other brands sell these products separately.
We considered the company to be the best because it produces the most compact acrylic bathtubs with dimensions of 105×70 cm. These are products for tiny rooms, such as in multifamily apartment buildings. Often such apartments are equipped from the builder with a sitting steel bathtub 150 cm, but this does not leave room for other elements (sink, washing machine). Thanks to the acrylic tank 105×70 cm, you can free up additional space.
- Frames are supplied with the baths and are already included in the price of goods;
- there are oval, angular and rectangular designs;
- There are bathtubs with hydromassage;
- well-thought-out shape of armrests and convenient shelf space.
- high cost;
- 3 years warranty and up to 5 years service life.
Triton” company began its activity in 2000 and is a domestic manufacturer. Today the range of the company includes acrylic models from economy to premium class. Manufacturer cares about covering the needs of users with any complexity and offers acrylic bathtubs with dimensions from 120×70 cm to 200×100 cm. There are versions with hydromassage, turbo aeromassage, chromotherapy, handrails and headrests. Judging by customer reviews, the most popular series is “Standard”, which has an optimal price-quality ratio.
The company pays increased attention to the ergonomics of the user’s seating. For example, most of the corner semi-circular acrylic structures competitors do not have a step. Here the manufacturer has also taken care of the additional seating, which facilitates leg washing or depilation. Despite the provided seat, there is still enough space on the tub for shower accessories.
- The company gives a 10-year warranty;
- There are 5000 representative offices all over Russia;
- A wide choice from economy to premium segment;
- there is a matrix with a step for better ergonomics.
- In small models, the depth is only 390-400 mm;
- The overflow and drain system is not the most reliable.
The company Cersanit was founded in 1998 and is one of the most famous in Russia among imported manufacturers of sanitary ware. Now the company has 10 own plants, equipped with the latest technology. Headquarter is located in Dobrova, Dobrova city, on the shore of the Baltic Sea. Kelce. In the acrylic bathtubs section, the company offers buyers standard oval and rectangular designs. The most common lines are: Flavia, Lorena, Crea, Nike and Santana. In terms of size, there are variations from 140 to 180 cm in length.
According to the editorial board, the company is the best because of the production of related furniture that helps to beautifully design the space under the acrylic bathtub. The manufacturer offers decorative panels of ash with a sliding system. They cover the brackets and allow storing the household chemicals in a hidden way. Doors that open for easy access inside.
- large selection of collections;
- Relatively affordable cost;
- Secure installation on the legs;
- 10 years warranty.
- The bathtubs are sold without footings;
- very slippery coating;
- the water cools down quickly.
Ravak brand was founded in 1991 by two Czech families and produced shower trays under license from the French manufacturer. In 1993, when things were going from strength to strength, the company invested in the development of its own line, which gradually included the acrylic bathtubs. Customer reviews praise the variety of models, as well as the ability to install sliding screens or doors on them. Owners are also satisfied with the purity of raw materials and no unpleasant smell from the plexus. The company regularly participates in international exhibitions and wins because of its original design and new patented technologies.
We put the company in the category of the best, because its products have the most affordable price, while the containers are poured from solid acrylic 6 mm thick (not the top layer sprayed, but the monolith). This increases the reliability of the construction and extends the life of white surface. In the outlets and on the official website there are certificates confirming the quality of acrylic.
- author’s design;
- a wide range of accessories for baths;
- No unpleasant odor from the plastic;
- the walls never get cold;
- dense material does not shine through in the light.
- all accessories have to be bought separately;
- Sometimes there are fakes of this brand.
Jemi was founded in China in 1990 and now officially exports its products to Russia and other countries (about 50 countries in total). Products are certified according to ISO 9001:2000, CE, ROHS, TUV. The company specializes in the production of mixers, shower trays, acrylic bathtubs and accessories, among which is a large variety of transparent shower screens. Buyers in reviews like the whiteness of the acrylic and its durability.
The main focus of the company is to manufacture acrylic bathtubs with whirlpool, and the latter does not come from the jets on the low walls, but in special boxes attached to the container. It allows you to take a vertical shower without dirtying the floor, to massage the back and neck, and to lie with your head on a rubber cushion. The plastic transparent partition inside has a cutout for the feet so that nothing restricts the user. The company provides such acrylic complex bathtubs with protection against dry run and chrome fittings. They are equipped with mirrors and shelves, as well as a watering can and a mixer with a spout.
- there is a large selection of bathtub shades;
- freestanding and wall-mounted options are available in the catalog;
- frames for mounting are included;
- multifunctional use.
- high cost;
- electronics warranty only 3 years.
The company is a relatively newcomer to Germany, established in 2010, but its products have experienced one of the most dynamic growth in popularity and have won international awards at ISH fairs. The manufacturer emphasizes the use of modern technology and emotional design. In developing the configuration of acrylic bathtubs the company uses the well-known couple Danelon-Meroni. The essence of the exterior of the bathtubs is to create increased functionality and ergonomics, in the form of characteristic curves and intuitive control functions.
The company is recognized as the best in terms of organization of showrooms, where customers can get acquainted with the products and place an order. RedStar Macca store chain
- unusual design;
- a wide range of acrylic models for spacious and small bathrooms;
- The firm has won more than 60 design awards;
- There are asymmetrical containers.
- high cost of products;
- thin sides.
Company “Akvatek” positions its acrylic and other sanitary products as products that help to achieve harmony with nature. The equipment helps to restore energy after a busy day and relax the muscles. The company was founded in 2011 and is located in Russia (Moscow, Russia). wedge). Factory covers an area of 7000m². The company uses vacuum-forming equipment and five-axis Italian Belotti complex for production, which increases the quality of products. Goods have received certificates of compliance in Russia and are fully environmentally safe for bathing, not only adults but also children. The range of acrylic bathtubs includes models with dimensions from 120×69 cm to 190×74 cm.
We consider this company to be the best in terms of price to quality ratio. Russian producer uses for casting 100% PMMA acrylic, received from German company Plexiglas. the tank is already equipped with an overflow and overflow system. The company comes with a frame made of aluminum pipe with a section of 25 mm.
- The surface is pleasant to the touch;
- the water comes in quietly;
- Many models in shape and design;
- The overflow is included in the set.
- The biggest depth is 44 cm;
- slippery coating;
- not the thickest acrylic – it sags under the user.
And here is another domestic brand, under which worthy acrylic products are produced. The company manufactures free-standing and wall-mounted baths of different shapes. There are 25 collections in total, where the most popular are “Antares”, “Hercules”, “Neut”, “Vega”. If you’re looking for something sophisticated, the company’s catalog features antique shapes in the Charm, Retro and Monaco lines. The design of the vessels is different prepared holes as the end, and in the middle of the rim, to derive the spout mixer and connect the overflow drain.
Our experts noted the domestic firm as the best for the strength of reinforcement. To prevent acrylic from sagging under the user, the manufacturer uses technology PFI, which involves the creation of 5 layers of fiberglass. Impregnation with polyester resin is used to strengthen the bond of the reinforcing layer. The same technology is used worldwide to manufacture yachts and boats. Customer reviews confirm the strength of acrylic walls and edges.
- Round, oval, rectangular and trapezoidal baths;
- coating does not require special care;
- Have strength and durability;
- showrooms are available in every major city of Russia.
- There is no opportunity to buy on the official website – it sends to the brand stores;
- some people do not feel comfortable holding their hands while lying in the tub.
The company has been on the market for over 13 years, and during this time has managed to become popular among customers. This was made possible through the use of 100% acrylic, a variety of sizes up to 190-200 cm in length and 120-180 cm in width, as well as the quality of castings on European equipment. Production is carried out at factories in the Czech Republic and Poland and the bathtubs are accompanied by international certificates. In the catalog, you can choose from six vessel shapes. The company offers acrylic baths in three color variants: European white, white matte and snow-white, where users like the latter one best.
The company is recognized as the best, because it sells tempered glass shower curtains with 8 mm thickness to its acrylic bathtubs. It keeps the floor clean and increases the safety of the structure, because less solid walls of other companies periodically break from accidental impacts with a watering can.
- 100% acrylic sheet is used;
- constantly expanding their range of bathtubs;
- Produce a lot of plumbing accessories;
- sizes from 150 to 200 cm in length.
- there are no bathtubs shorter than 150 cm;
- some do not like the drain in the center.
“Vanessa” is a brand of acrylic bathtubs created by Rodimir ™. The manufacturer specializes in asymmetric, rectangular and corner bathtubs. For arrangement of the bathroom are offered sizes of acrylic containers from 150×65 to 180×120 cm. Corner models necessarily have an additional shelf and seat, which buyers like in the reviews. To prevent people from falling, the company provides the bottom of the tubs with bumps, which increase grip with feet. Acrylic products are sold with a support already in place. The most popular collections are “Sylvia”, “Nicole”, “Regina”, “Rose”.
The firm stands out for the presence of decorative panels of acrylic, not available from other manufacturers. The company produces side and front overlays with deep relief (imitation of solid monolithic legs, arched notches, arbitrary concave lines), which increases the richness of the bath finish and hides its frame.
- relatively affordable cost;
- anti-slip coating;
- The support stand is included in the set;
- chrome finish of overflow and drain.
- The depth of most models does not exceed 42 cm;
- A little “plays” under the user.
Sanitary brand “Kolpa” belongs to the firm from Slovenia Kolpa-SAN. The company has been in business for over 40 years, and in Russia the production was established in 2008. The company philosophy emphasizes the “three pillars” of quality, tradition and innovation. All acrylic tanks are supplied with European quality certificates, as well as inspected by Russian state agencies. Among the manufactured series are: Armida, Rapido, Norma. Buyers like in reviews line of bathtubs Nabucco, made in a rectangular shape and allow two adults to sit in hot water at the same time.
This company is the best, because it can produce custom acrylic bathtubs. Unprecedented service allows customers to make their own drawing of the design, if ready-made options do not meet their needs or the size of the room. The company manufactures the acrylic container in the factory and delivers to the buyer. This opens up a wide range of opportunities for organizing the sanitary ware in the bathroom, so that this room could be both practical and stylish.
- there are European and Russian quality certificates;
- 10-year warranty;
- there are double models;
- easy care.
- slippery bottom;
- sold without a side panel;
- Some are quickly scratched.
It is one of the oldest companies in Europe, engaged in the manufacture of sanitary products. It was founded in 1918 by the plumber Franz Kaldewei. The first factory was built in the town of Ahlen, Germany. The company has been manufacturing bathtubs and shower trays since 1956, so it has accumulated a lot of experience. Now the company’s catalog has about 600 products for bathroom design, and products are shipped to 80 countries. Buyers are offered acrylic models of rectangular and oval shape, as well as with a special non-standard geometry. Owners are pleased in their reviews with the dirt-repellent properties of acrylic from this company.
The design of acrylic bathtubs is the work of global designer Arik Levy, who in 2015 made a “revolution” by creating a duo of bathtub and washbasin. It gives unprecedented ergonomics and increases the stylistic unity of the room, for which we recognize the firm as the best.
- There are unusual shapes;
- Kolpa is sold in a set with legs;
- available for purchase in any major city in Russia;
- The excellent whiteness of acrylic with a dirt-repellent effect.
- the legs can wobble;
- water cools down relatively quickly.
Rounding out our review is Santek, which originated in 1995. The brand is owned by Ceramika LLC, which has two ceramics factories and an acrylic bathtub molding complex. Domestic manufacturer uses only 100% acrylic and uses accessories from European companies. In the catalog you will find baths of different configuration and functionality, including whirlpool and chromotherapy. The company is the owner of the award “Brand №1” in the Russian Federation in the “Sanitary Ware” section and is trusted by more than 70 000 Russians. Since 2007 the company is part of the Roca Group, and therefore the quality of its acrylic products is even higher, which satisfied the buyers in the reviews.
We considered the company the best because of the increased care for customers. The official website has a separate section on “Installation instructions”, which gives detailed instructions with photos on how to install an acrylic bathtub of rectangular, symmetric or asymmetric shape. The company provides detailed instructions and installation of decorative panels under the bathtub, as well as connecting communications to the whirlpool.
- sturdy construction;
- excellent design;
- Not bad value for money;
- does not make noise when drawing water.
- It can sag a little bit when filled;
- the siphon in the set is not the best.