- How to choose a school for learning German
- Why German is in demand
- The advantages of learning German online
- Rating of the best online German courses
- En neSchool
- White Rabbit
- Deutsch-on ne
- Ber tz Russia
*Review of the best according to the editorial. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and should not be construed as a guide to purchase. Consultation with an expert is necessary before buying.
German has become no less popular than English. You can learn it not only in offline classes at schools, but also with online courses. Classes on Internet platforms help to reduce travel costs, as well as to find a more convenient schedule for working people and students.
German for travel, career advancement, or just for fun. Because of its popularity, a lot of schools and platforms have appeared, which makes it very difficult to choose. The best German courses have different programs for beginners as well as for students with a certain base. Our experts have analyzed each of the well-known courses and compiled for you to rank the most proven of them. They were able to give an objective assessment of all schools through a detailed study of programs, teaching staff and a large number of student reviews.
How to choose a school for learning German
Billboards are full of alluring advertisements for language schools. This is what makes it difficult to choose: There are many of them and they all give presentations at the highest level. If you are just planning to choose the right language school, pay attention to the following criteria:
- License– The first and the most important. Especially if you are not just taking a course for yourself but want to take an international exam. If the center does not have a license or it expired, you can waste money because you will not get a certificate. It is also worth checking whether the school has native speakers.
- Teacher Education. Ask around, do all the teachers have a linguistic or philological background. Their experience is also important, whether they have had practice abroad, how many successful groups or students have been able to graduate.
- Training aids.Find out what textbooks are used during the lessons and whether they need to be bought in advance.
- The presence of a conversation club. To some it sounds like a fun activity. However, do not underestimate such clubs. That’s where you can apply all the knowledge gained on the grammar and colloquial speech. You have time to think in class, and in Talk Club you have casual conversations with spontaneous turns.
- Prices.This criterion should be evaluated not only in terms of cost. Take into account the range of programs offered, discounts and promotions, as well as the duration of the course as a whole.
- Views of graduates.Of course, these can be confusing as they can be contradictory. But reviews can tell you a lot about the inner workings of any school. Some of them even have the names of certain teachers who are scolded or vice versa praised. After reading the reviews, you can even partially get to know the teaching staff.
In each individual case there may be more selection criteria but this list is considered universal. It provides you with all the information you need to know about your future studies.
Why German is in demand
The popularity of the language is due to the fact that German companies are widespread in the CIS countries and offer more jobs than American or British firms.
The academic world also has its own nuances. There is an acute shortage of specialists who can translate scientific literature with a full understanding of the original language. That is why there are many job openings that promise a fairly high income for those who can handle it.
Another reason German is so popular is that it is the language of choice in Europe. It is spoken not only in Germany. It is also the official language of Austria and Liechtenstein and one of the official languages of Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg. And in northern Italy, for example, German is the native language of most people.
Some people are attracted to learn German because of the competitiveness of the German economy. Since German products are in high demand and rank third in world exports, anyone who plans to cooperate with large companies should definitely consider learning German.
The travel industry is also full of the use of German. The German population lives quite well and has the opportunity to not only work, but also to travel. Because of this, many hotels and other services require knowledge of German. Its proficiency increases potential wages many times over.
And finally, Germany – the technology of the future. As an innovator, the country often participates in all major international trade fairs, showing itself at the highest level. Studying German, you will always be up-to-date. The rating, prepared by our experts, will help you choose the best foreign language school.
The advantages of learning German online
It is worth dispelling the myth that learning on Internet platforms yields worse results than classroom instruction. Perhaps it used to be the case in some schools, because online education was just gaining popularity. But in the past two years, schools have made a great leap forward in this kind of learning.
Particularly affected by competition in the times of self-imposed isolation. In order to preserve their existence, all schools had to switch to this mode. Teachers have fully adapted the program to this format and it is now commonplace. All in all, online education has many pluses:
- you can still choose between individual or group classes;
- The range of courses has been greatly expanded by online platforms;
- you can often find many free tutorials and articles on school websites;
- No need to overpay for transportation and no need to rush to class;
- schools such classes are cheaper, which also gives students the opportunity to buy a course at a more affordable price;
- Highly interactive learning methods added to the lessons to make the lessons more effective;
- if you suddenly decide to change your place of residence or go on vacation, this does not affect your access to lessons.
Online education also solves the problem of language barriers and shyness. According to the teachers’ feedback, students who previously hesitated to come to the school are much more willing to enroll in the online course and achieve the desired results. Below we introduce you to the best schools for learning German in detail.
Rating of the best online German courses
|Ranking of the best German courses online||1||SpeakASAP||5.0|
The online German learning platform is distinguished by its high quality of teaching. Each teacher is focused on real-world preparation for traveling abroad. Easy-to-understand explanations from the professors help students get up to speed quickly, and class notes are always available for those who want to review what they’ve missed. Unlimited amount of course material, clearly arranged lesson times, and lessons with native speakers already pay off in the first 2 weeks. From 7 lessons to 20 weeks, students have a variety of destinations to choose from.
There is a separate course with a native speaker, as well as a completely individual German course. Our experts point out that every graduate of an online course can contact his or her personal manager, who places the graduates in jobs in Germany. This is both a chance to practice the language and a good chance to earn money abroad and recoup the cost of the course. For that, the school is in our top ranking.
- personalized program;
- has free lessons;
- value for money.
- high cost of courses.
At this school you can get fast results due to instant immersion. Well-tested teaching methodology gives you a lot of useful skills in reading and listening. Classes are limited to 5-12 students. The only drawback of the school is that it is not possible to pass international certificates in German. Cost of the basic course: from 6000 rubles. All teaching materials are available during the course and can be used for a further month after graduation.
From the comment of an experienced customer : “I studied for two months at the academy. Arrived with almost zero, knew a little grammar, but couldn’t speak at all. Learned A2 in a couple of months.2 and B1.1, ceased to be afraid of German, communicated with classmates only in a foreign language. I’m satisfied with the school. Due to high results of the students the courses were included in our rating of the best.
- free trial lesson;
- friendly atmosphere;
- proven method of teaching;
- rapid development of speaking skills.
- There is less emphasis on grammar than on other aspects.
The White Rabbit School immediately stands out. All its teachers have a college degree in linguistics or philology. Their experience makes it easy to tailor a program to each student’s individual needs. Minimum price for a lesson: 640 rubles.
The school exists in the online education market since 2007. During this time it has graduated many students and prepared them for the USE, USE, international exams and so on. This school has separate courses for tourists, businessmen, intensive courses for those going abroad, as well as preparing for various interviews. affordable prices and permanent discounts – that’s what makes the school even more attractive. For great value for money it made our top list.
- personal manager available 24/7;
- One free lesson (30 minutes);
- the possibility of changing the teacher;
- different duration of the lessons (from 30 to 90 minutes).
- not found.
“Deutsch.info” – is the largest platform for learning German. This school doesn’t just teach German. Here teachers introduce students to real life and work in Germany and Austria. Practical advice from teachers especially helpful for migrants in their future employment abroad. In addition to the language, students learn about the conditions of citizenship, the formalities of the documents and much more.
A large number of examples and practice grammar lessons. Before learning German you can take a free test to check your level of German and sign up for a trial lesson. 30 academic hours cost 7500 rubles. After the lessons, students can practice in a special multilingual forum organized by the school. A big plus is that all materials are available for individuals as well as for teachers in the classroom. This is why the experts chose the school in the rating.
- training from A to C levels;
- effective grammar;
- Interactive exercises;
- easy to use multilingual dictionaries.
- did not find.
The German language school team does everything they can to make learning German an exciting adventure. The minimum price for classes starts at 500 rubles. The lessons last 30 minutes, so they can be attended by both students and working people. The flexible schedule of classes allows us to achieve results in a timely manner. The school constantly updates its methods and increases the effectiveness of training courses. Among the training programs, you can choose a conversation course, preparation for international exams, a business course, German for immigrants, and a children’s course.
From the comments of an experienced customer: “I did not regret that I chose this school. I was worried I would not be able to learn the language, but my fears were not borne out. The online lessons are very convenient. The German teacher I met was a real professional. Our experts enjoy an individual approach to the students depending on the goals set. For this they chose the school in the rating of the best.
- Increase knowledge in a short period of time;
- politeness and individual approach;
- preparation for international exams.
- few reviews.
The atmosphere in the classroom helps students learn in a natural and productive way. Teaching German for the permanent move abroad for business, increasing the general knowledge of the German language. The site has been on the market since 1997 and has helped thousands of students find their teacher. There are Skype lessons, corporate training, preparation for international exams, courses for beginners and for children.
On the site you can find a tutor with more than 15 years of teaching experience. From the comments of an experienced buyer: “The perfect school for those who want to learn German grammar. Interesting practical assignments. Correct word pronunciation taught. Got into our ranking for its excellent knowledge base.
- flexible schedule;
- Native speakers on staff;
- a personalized program;
- constant quality control;
- effective methodological basis.
- did not find.