- Kefir, ryazhenka or yogurt are healthier
- How to choose kefir
- Rating of the best kefirs
- b. ju. Aleksandrov 3.2-4%
- “Piskaryovsky 2.5%
- “Ostankinskoye 1955” 3.2%
- “Losevo 2.5%
- “Mokshansky” 1%
- BioMax 1%
- Advantages of
- “Kozelsky” 3.2%
- “Brest-Litovsk” 3.6%
- “From Vologda” 2.5%, Vologodsky Dairy Plant
- “Snowball” 2.5%, “Lactis” JSC
- “House in the Country” 1%
- “Prostokvashino 1%
- Advantages of
Doctors say that a person should consume thirty-six liters of kefir per year. If we calculate for a day, it’s not much – only a hundred grams. The Russians drink an average of about twenty liters, which is almost half the required norm. Perhaps not everyone knows that kefir not only quenches thirst, but also strengthens health. It is true that such a therapeutic effect on the body has only a natural product. How to choose the beneficial kefir from all the variety on the shelves? Which brand should I choose?? What is healthier: kefir, ryazhenka or yogurt? Our article will answer these questions. Expertology experts also prepared a rating of the 12 best kefir.
Kefir, ryazhenka or yogurt are healthier
|KEEFIR||+ A HIGH CONTENT OF MICROELEMENTS: FLUORINE, IODINE AND COPPER;|
IT REGULATES THE PROCESS OF DIGESTION;
+CONTAINS BACTERIA TO NORMALIZE THE MICROFLORA;
+DO NOT USE FOOD FILLERS IN THE MANUFACTURE;
+PERFECTLY COMBINES WITH FISH, MEAT PRODUCTS, AS WELL AS EGGS, POULTRY AND OTHER PRODUCTS CONTAINING PROTEINS;
+IT IS RICH IN CALCIUM, THANKS TO WHICH THE FOOD IS ASSIMILATED BETTER;
+THE CONTAINED MICROORGANISMS HELP TO ELIMINATE TOXINS AND STOP THE REPRODUCTION OF PATHOGENIC MICROORGANISMS;
+NONFAT PRODUCT IS IDEAL FOR THE DIET.
|-FRESH KEFIR DIFFERS FROM THREE-DAY KEFIR: THE FIRST HAS A LAXATIVE EFFECT, AND THE SECOND ON THE CONTRARY;|
-FORMS CLOTS AND GAS-FORMING ELEMENTS, SO THE USE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE WITH A SENSITIVE GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT;
-CONTRAINDICATED FOR PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM GASTRITIS AND ULCERS WITH INCREASED GASTRIC ACIDITY.
|YOGURT||+IT IS RICH IN USEFUL SUBSTANCES: VITAMINS, SULFUR, IRON, PHOSPHORUS, CALCIUM, MAGNESIUM;|
IT HAS A DELICATELY SWEET TASTE;
+IT HARMONIZES PERFECTLY WITH BERRY AND FRUIT DISHES, AS WELL AS WITH YEAST-FREE BAKERY PRODUCTS;
+THERE ARE NO CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR PEOPLE WITH GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS AND THOSE WITH STOMACH ACIDITY.
|–UNLIKE KEFIR AND YOGURT, IS HIGH IN CALORIES, SO IT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR A DIET.|
|YOGURT||+THE NATURAL PRODUCT CONTAINS A LARGE AMOUNT OF VITAMINS, ORGANIC SATURATED FATTY ACIDS, MACRO-AND MICRONUTRIENTS, MONO-AND DISACCHARIDES;|
COMPARED TO KEFIR, IT HAS A HIGHER CONTENT OF PROTEIN;
+BENEFICIAL BACTERIA SURVIVE TO ENTER THE INTESTINAL TRACT, AS THEY ARE IMMUNE TO GASTRIC JUICE;
+REMOVES STAPHYLOCOCCI, STREPTOCOCCI, TYPHOID BACILLI FROM THE BODY;
+HAS A NEUTRAL TASTE;
+RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE WITH LACTOSE INTOLERANCE;
+IDEAL FOR THE DIET.
How to choose kefir
- Varieties. It is produced by tank or thermostatic method. This quality is not affected, though the temperature-controlled yogurt has a much richer taste. The sharpness and sourness in kefir increase throughout the shelf life, so kefir that has just come off the conveyor will be much softer than the three to five days. The label “kefir drink” means that it is a product that can quench thirst, but has no benefits for the body.
- Fatness. Fatty (2.5-4%) and nonfat (up to 2.5%) beverage. All depends on the milk used in production. The one having the lowest percentage of fat is made on skimmed milk. On the shelves we also find kefir with a fat content of about 6%, but in such a product there is cream. Remember that kefir with medium fat content will satisfy the hunger better, and it tastes much better and richer. But for a dietary table do not buy a product with a fat content of more than 2.5%.
- Ingredients. A useful product will always be made from kefir fungus and pasteurized milk sourdough. In addition to that, it contains bifido and lactobacillus bacteria and special yeast. Protein must be at least three percent, only then can we speak of quality and usefulness. Beta-carotene and vitamins A, B, C are usually found in high-calorie kefir, which has a fat content of about 3.2-4%. Classical real kefir can contain no preservatives or any additives from berries, fruits, etc. e, coloring, flavoring, etc.
- The starter. Made from kefir fungi. It is them that have the benefit of treating the human body. The technology of the manufacturing process must be followed. Modern industries have learned to make kefir, using dried milk starter instead of the usual starter, which increases the shelf life. But such a product is not kefir any more, but a kefir drink, which must be mentioned on the label.
- Types of maturity. The accumulation of alcohol, the swelling of proteins and the level of acidity affects the degree of maturity: weak is in the first day after production, medium – in the second, strong – in the third. The higher the maturity, the stronger the effect the product has on the gastrointestinal tract. People with gastrointestinal diseases is better to use fresh kefir, which from the date of manufacture has passed no more than two days.
- shelf life.Always pay attention to the shelf life. Store unopened kefir for up to seven days. There are manufacturers whose products do not spoil for a longer time by adding various ingredients, but in any case this period should not exceed ten days. After opening the package, the drink should be consumed no later than two to three days. In hot weather, buy only freshly made kefir, even if it is in the refrigerator.
- Information on the label. In addition to the date/time of manufacture, shelf life, composition and manufacturer must contain information about how much sour milk bacteria and yeast per gram, as well as the percentage of fat content. See also GOST, made according to GOST product has the designation – 314054. The abbreviation STR tells us that kefir production does not violate technical regulations.
- Packaging.It is from the container depends on the preservation of the useful properties of the beverage. Inexpensive, but also does not provide long storage – bag of thick polyethylene. Excellent protection from light and air. Kefir in this packaging will not spoil within five to ten days. In plastic bottles and tetra-packs the product can be stored for much longer – fourteen days.
Rating of the best kefirs
|Rating of the best kefirs||1||b. ju. Alexandrov 3.2-4%||4.9|
|3||“Ostankinskoye 1955” 3.2%||4.8|
|9||“From Vologda” 2.5%, PK “Vologodsky Molochny Combinat||4.5|
|10||“Snezhok” 2.5%, “Lactis” JSC||4.5|
|11||“House in the Country” 1%||4.5|
b. ju. Aleksandrov 3.2-4%
Kefir from the premium product line tops the rating. Made with selected whole milk, natural yeast with fungi. Boris Yurievich, the founder of the company, cares about the reputation of the production, so he answers with his name, which acts as a guarantor of the highest quality. Customers know they’re not paying money for the brand.
The fat content of the beverage is in the range of 3.2-4%. Kefir is made using the thermostatic method (when the fermentation takes place in the bottle which is then offered for sale), therefore the product has a rich flavor and a thick, sour cream-like consistency. Before use, shake the package to mix the contents. It is important to note that the drink contains 3 g of protein, which indicates that it is healthy, and 4 g of carbohydrates. Caloric content is high, 57-64 kcal, so kefir is not suitable for a diet. A plastic bottle with a lid was used as packaging.
- natural composition;
- mildly acidic;
- creamy flavor;
- shelf life in closed containers – ten days.
- relatively expensive – 95 rubles per 500 grams.
Second place goes to natural kefir with maximum health benefits. Produced from whole and skim milk and kefir yeast. The fat content is medium, so the product is suitable for those who are on a diet or want to keep in shape. The energy value is 50 kcal, which is slightly more than low-fat counterparts with one percent.
Doctors recommend, if there are no contraindications, to drink the drink in the morning for breakfast to start digestion. Kefir can not be drunk pure but can be added to cereal, granola, etc. d. Proteins and carbohydrates in “Piskaryovsky”, as in the previous product – 3 and, respectively, 4 g. Sold in a thick plastic bag, which is associated with a small shelf life. The drink is produced at the St. Petersburg Dairy Plant of the same name. As users note, kefir can be found in most chain super- and hypermarkets.
- natural composition;
- medium consistency;
- A pleasant taste with a slight sourness;
- reasonable price – 73 p for 1000 g.
- Due to the soft packaging it is impossible to drink on the go;
- Stored in a closed container for up to 5 days.
“Ostankinskoye 1955” 3.2%
The third position gets an extension of the well-known brand. Subbrand unites food products made according to State Standard (GOST), which has not changed since Soviet times. That is, the buyer receives products made in accordance with the old recipe, but with modern technological production. Three generations of the capital’s residents have grown up on products with this flavor. Now today’s young people can try what their grandparents and parents ate.
Kefir with a high percentage of fat, 3.2%, made from pasteurized selected milk and leavened with kefir fungi. The product has passed independent laboratory tests, according to the results of which it was declared compliant with the mandatory legal requirements and quality standards. It was not found harmful substances (radionuclides, heavy metals, antibiotics, etc.). d.). Yeast and mold are contained within acceptable norms, also the drink has the required amount of proteins – 3 g. The presence of starch and powdered milk was not detected, which means that the producer did not skimp on raw materials.
- is safe and healthy;
- no vegetable fats;
- favorite flavor from childhood;
- reasonable price – 50 p for 500 g.
- has not been revealed.
The fourth is kefir made with natural cow’s milk. The composition includes skim and whole, as well as starter on kefir fungi. Unfortunately, the proteins in the drink of this manufacturer is less than necessary – 2.8 g, but the difference is not critical. Thanks to the moderate fat content, the energy value is not more than 50 kcal. There are 107 CFU of lactic acid bodies per 1 g. Kefir is made from local milk in the Leningrad region.
As noted in the reviews of users, the product has a creamy mild taste, where there is very little acidity. The consistency is homogeneous and quite thick, because the drink has a medium fat content. The main disadvantage is the small number of points of sale, so you can not find it in all stores. You can buy kefir in half-liter and one-liter plastic containers.
- natural composition
- useful properties;
- high quality.
- Short shelf life in closed containers – 5 days;
- high price – 130 rubles per 1 liter.
In fifth place in the ranking is kefir from the Mokshanskiy dairy plant, founded in the thirty-eighth year. At the moment it is the largest in Penza and the region, meets all European standards. The plant is equipped with the latest equipment, so the production of quality food with a relatively long shelf life is established. Chemical additives and preservatives are not used in production. The products coming off the assembly lines are of high quality and traditional flavor.
One percent by fat kefir is made by a thermostatic method, so it has a rich taste. It is made from pasteurized milk and kefir fungi. The caloric value is low, only 40 kcal, so for a diet drink is ideal. Recommended to drink for dinner or as a snack, so that it does not harm the figure. It has 5 grams of carbs and 2 grams of protein.8 g, which is a little less than the norm. Produced according to State Standard. Comes in a plastic bottle with a lid.
- natural composition;
- A pleasant taste with a subtle sourness;
- thick consistency;
- Shelf life in a closed container – 14 days;
- Reasonable price – 73 p for 930 grams.
- difficult to find on sale.
Score : 4.7
The sixth line goes to biokefir made from normalized and reconstituted milk and yeast starter with the addition of bifidobacteria. The manufacturer claims that the drink helps to improve digestion, restore microflora. This product is low-fat, so the caloric value allows using it while dieting, for example, as a snack or a light dinner. Biokefir is sold in plastic bottles.
The drink passed an independent laboratory study, which resulted in a fully safe, as no harmful bacteria, pathogens, mold or antibiotics were detected. On the contrary, the presence of the necessary number of beneficial bacteria has been detected. Biokefir has folic acid and vitamins A, E, D, H. However, as it turned out during the inspection, the label information is not reliable, because the protein content exceeds the specified value by more than ten percent. But you can not call it a disadvantage, because the protein makes the product useful and of high quality.
- Safe and healthy;
- Free of starch, powdered milk, preservatives and vegetable fats
- Recommended for dietary use;
- shelf life in a closed container – 15 days;
- Reasonable price – 75 p for 950 grams.
- did not detect.
The seventh position gets a live kefir that improves immunity. Produced on normalized pasteurized milk, live kefir fungi, from which the starter is made. Lactic acid microorganisms – 107 CFU/g, and yeast – 104 CFU/g. Protein, as it should be, 3 grams. Energy value of the drink is 57 kcal, which is quite high for a diet product. We recommend choosing kefir with less fat content for a diet diet.
In numerous reviews, users emphasize that the drink has a creamy, natural taste without any pronounced acidity. The consistency is homogeneous and medium thick. No lumps and moderate bubbles, indicating high quality. Many people also like the convenient packaging, which can be taken with you on the road and drink on the go at any time. For this purpose, the box has an unscrewable lid located at an angle.
- natural composition;
- convenient packaging;
- Shelf life in a closed container – 8 days;
- Reasonable cost – 65 p per 1000 g.
- no criteria identified.
The eighth is kefir from “Savushkin product”. Made from pasteurized normalized milk and kefir starter. Protein content in the product is less than the norm – 2.8 g and 4 g of carbohydrates. Calorie content is quite high, 60 kcal, as the fat content of the drink is high. The producer indicates that the consistency is thick, and recommends shaking the package before drinking.
Users praise the classic kefir flavor, saying it is very rich and has no strong acidity. Lactic acid microorganisms and yeast in the beverage have a positive effect on the intestinal microflora, normalizing the function of the entire gastrointestinal tract. Food is better processed and absorbed. The product is bottled in plastic bottles with airtight lids.
- natural composition;
- Soft and pleasant taste;
- Does not contain starch, powdered milk and vegetable fats;
- The shelf-life in a closed container – from 7 to 15 days.
- Not suitable for dieting;
- Relatively expensive – 90 p for 950 grams.
“From Vologda” 2.5%, Vologodsky Dairy Plant
In ninth place is biokefir made from whole and skimmed milk, starter on kefir fungi and with the addition of bifidobacteria. Recommended as therapeutic and prophylactic agent, if there are no contraindications, such as high acidity of gastric juice. Helps to improve work of gastrointestinal tract, digestion. The taste is mild and has no strong acidity.
The drink contains enough protein, the required 3 g, but there are too many carbohydrates – 11 g. Energy value is 49 kcal. It is not recommended to use kefir as a diet. Experts advise drinking the product in the first two to three days before the beneficial bifidobacteria die. For this purpose, the expiration date indicates the time of manufacture. Packaging in a box does not have a lid, so it will be uncomfortable to use biokefir on the road.
- natural composition;
- pleasant delicate taste;
- Shelf life in a closed container – 7 days;
- reasonable price – 60 p for 1000 grams.
- Hard to find on sale.
“Snowball” 2.5%, “Lactis” JSC
The tenth ranked brand combines a large range of traditional dairy products: kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, butter, etc. d. They differ from analogues with their natural composition and are in the medium price segment. In the production process there is no thermal treatment, so all the living components, lactic acid microorganisms, bifidobacteria, do not die, preserving their useful properties. The beverage is made from pasteurized milk and kefir fungus sourdough.
Kefir participated in independent laboratory tests, according to the results of which it was found to be of high quality and safe. No harmful elements like heavy metals, pesticides, antibiotics, etc. were found. The content of mold and yeast does not exceed the norm, and microbiological indicators comply with all requirements. The examination showed a sufficient amount of fats and proteins.
- High quality raw materials were used;
- Without powdered milk, starch and vegetable fats;
- Acceptable price – 50 rubles per 900 grams.
- insufficient number of lactic acid microorganisms.
“House in the Country” 1%
The eleventh place received kefir of a popular brand, made from pasteurized milk and live starter. Contains just the right amount of protein – 3 grams. The caloric value is low, is 37 kcal. Such a small index indicates that the drink is well suited for a dietary table.
The product took part in an independent examination by Roskachestvo, which found no pathogens or harmful substances (heavy metals, pesticides, antibiotics, etc.) in it. d.). The beverage was found to be safe and compliant. Has a low acidity. Has the right amount of lactic acid microorganisms and yeast. Recommended for dietary meals. Protein amount was found to be inconsistent. The indicators were twenty-six percent higher. This may indicate a violation of the production or the addition of, for example, dried milk.
- is safe;
- does not contain starch, preservatives, vegetable fats;
- Shelf life in a closed container – 15 days;
- reasonable price – 78 p for 1000 g.
- Protein content does not meet the label directions.
Another inexpensive kefir with a well-known name closes the rating. Made on skimmed, pasteurized milk and live starter. It contains a little less protein – 2.8 g instead of 3 g. The energy value is 36 kcal. The drink is ideal for weight loss, so it is recommended for the diet table.
Kefir took part in independent laboratory tests, according to the results of which it was declared safe and produced without any violations. No bacteria, pathogens, antibiotics or mold were found. In the process of tasting, the committee noted a sharp taste, which corresponds to the product made according to GOST. The content of lactic acid microorganisms and yeast meets the label claims.
- Starch and preservative free;
- shelf life in closed containers – 14 days;
- Reasonable cost – 59 r for 930 gr.
- Excessively sour taste.