- The mechanism of action of B vitamins in back pain
- Why are B vitamins popular?
- Rating of the best vitamins for back pain
- The best vitamins for back pain in shots
- Advantages of
- Advantages of
- The best vitamins for back pain in tablets
- Milgamma Compositum
- Combilipen Tubes
*Review of the best according to the editorial board. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and is not intended as a guide to purchase. Consultation with a specialist is necessary before purchase.
Therapeutic tactics for acute back pain have undergone several changes in recent years. Now neurologists do not insist on strict immobilization of patients, but instead recommend switching to rapid activation with the help of therapeutic physical training. However, successful therapeutic effect can be achieved only if the pain syndrome is relieved in time during an acute exacerbation.
Traditional treatment includes the use of simple analgesics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), muscle and epidural blocks. Along with these, the combined multivitamins containing thiamine, pyridoxine and cyanocobalamin are very popular.
The mechanism of action of B vitamins in back pain
B-group vitamins belong to the neurotropic ones, which have a significant effect on the processes in the nervous system. According to feedback from neurologists, when using multivitamin injections that contain thiamine, pyridoxine and cyanocobalamin, the pain syndrome is excellent, sensitivity returns, reflex reactions come back to normal.
B-group vitamins have the following mechanism of action:
- Decrease increased excitability of cerebrospinal nerve bundles, normalize sodium currents and open potassium channels that are sensitive to ATP.
- Slow down the release of neurotransmitters from the primary nerve fibers that conduct impulses from the internal organs to the CNS, to the neurons of the posterior horns of the spinal cord. This happens due to the blockade of potential-dependent calcium channels.
- Increase the production of serotonin and gamma-aminobutyric acid and enhance the opioidergic mechanisms, preventing the conduction of pain through the spinal and supraspinal pathways and its perception by the thalamus.
- Due to the mechanisms listed above, B vitamin complexes significantly reduce the pain sensations. With pathological excitation of neurons in the peripheral and central nervous system, which provokes back pain, therapy with B-group vitamins can be continued for 4-12 weeks.
Why are B vitamins popular?
The popularity of B vitamins for acute back pain is due to such aspects:
- Possible complications from the use of drugs from other pharmacological groups. When using NSAIDs, the digestive system often suffers.
- If any medications prove to be ineffective, then we have to prescribe other means, which in total increase the risk of unwanted reactions in the body. And this therapy can also be very costly from a financial point of view.
- Some patients are contraindicated in physiotherapy, which allows to suppress pain (therapeutic effects of electric currents, magnetic therapy).
- Injections of anesthetics into the nerve plexus (including epidurals) are not always possible due to a lack of suitable conditions or specialized professionals.
- With this in mind, when back pain occurs, neurologists prescribe B vitamins to their patients, combining them with other drugs. Usually treatment begins with parenteral administration, and then switch to taking these drugs internally. This review compiles the best shots and pills that contain vitamins for back pain.
Rating of the best vitamins for back pain
|The best vitamins for back pain in shots||1||Milgamm||304€|
|The best vitamins for back pain in pills||1||Neurobion||359€|
The best vitamins for back pain in shots
In order to stop back pain as quickly as possible, it is advisable to start treatment with injectable vitamins. However, the injections must always be taken slowly and not exceed the indicated dosages, so as not to provoke unwanted reactions of the body. It is also advisable to switch to tablets as soon as possible.
In Germany, the drug Milgamma is available. It contains vitamins: thiamine (100.0 mg), pyridoxine (100.0 mg), cyanocobalamin (1.0 mg). It is also supplemented with lidocaine. This original preparation increases local blood circulation, acts on the pain syndrome, and improves the function of the nervous system. At the same time, it is considered the safest for patients.
Solution for injection clear, red, with a peculiar odor. It is prepackaged in 2.0 ml dark glass ampoules. Suitable for injection in the buttock. The needle is inserted as deeply as possible. If back pain is severe, treatment begins with 2.0 ml daily for 5-10 days. At the same time, at the first opportunity switch to taking pills. This medication must be stored at 2-8°C.
Milgamma is one of the best complexes of B vitamins according to neurologists and patients. It is an excellent pain reliever for back pain. Despite the presence of lidocaine, Milgamma injections are quite painful, but quite tolerable. Pain is noticeably dulled after as little as 1-2 injections. At the same time, this complex is good for calming the nervous system – eliminates anxiety, adjusts the quality of sleep.
- contains lidocaine;
- 1 injection per day;
- Improvements are seen after 1 or 2 injections;
- Calms the nervous system;
- Makes the quality of sleep better.
- Ampoules should be kept in the refrigerator;
- Despite the lidocaine, the injection is painful.
Austrian medicine Neuromultivit contains vitamins B1 (100,0 mg), B6 (100,0 mg) and B12 (1,0 mg). Unlike Milgamma, it does not contain lidocaine. The combination of these vitamins has a positive effect on nerve endings, muscle fibers, and heart and blood vessels. These neurotropic vitamins significantly reduce back pain associated with cranial and spinal nerve damage.
Neuromultivit is sold in dark glass ampoules of 2 ml. It is a clear, red solution that has a rather peculiar odor. This drug is intended exclusively for intramuscular administration. The daily dose of these vitamins for back pain – 1 ampoule. Its contents are injected deep into the gluteal muscle. Daily injections are not recommended longer than 5-10 days in a row. After that, it is advisable to switch to taking tablets.
Patients of neurologists in reviews report that Neuromultivit is a very painful shot, but it really works. Back pain becomes considerably less after only 1-2 injections. Many people are willing to endure the “torture” of injecting this drug in order to forget about neurological pain symptoms as quickly as possible. Patients also note that after a course of use of these vitamins, their bowel function improves and they become less irritable.
- Contains key vitamins for back pain;
- It relieves pain fairly quickly;
- Improves intestinal function;
- Strengthens resistance to stress.
- Does not contain lidocaine;
- Requires a refrigerator for storage.
The Russian pharmaceutical company Pharmstandard manufactures the drug Kombilipen. It contains: thiamine (100.0 mg), pyridoxine (100.0) and cyanocobalamin (1.0 mg). Like Milgamma, the Russian generic contains lidocaine. This drug is indicated for dorsalgia, lumboishyalgia, radicular syndrome, provoked by destructive and degenerative changes of the spinal column.
Kombilipen is available in dark ampoules of 2 ml. The drug solution is clear, pinkish-red, specific smelling. Combilipen should not be administered intravenously. It’s only meant to be injected into the buttock. The daily dose is 2 ml. It is allowed to inject every day for 5-10 days. If possible, try to quickly switch to the oral administration of vitamins of this group.
There is a feeling of pain at the site of administration of Combilipen, but it is not critical. Many note that these domestic vitamins are not inferior to the German original drug in effectiveness. This medication does not immediately cause pain. But with each subsequent injection, the pain becomes less severe. In addition, the drug has a good effect on the nervous system. Nervousness, irascibility, mood improves.
- The composition is supplemented with lidocaine;
- affordable price;
- Effectively relieves back pain;
- It improves the condition of the nervous system;
- Moderate soreness when injected.
- Stored at temperatures from 2 to 8 ° C.
Armavirskaya Biofabrika produces the drug Binavit. It still contains: thiamine, pyridoxine, cyanocobalamin and lidocaine. However, the concentration of active substances here is 2 times less than in the analogues described above. But this drug is also relevant for the elimination of back pain arising from various pathologies on the part of the nervous system.
Binavit is sold in 2 ml light-shielded, neutral glass ampoules. Their contents are a red, clear solution with a characteristic specific smell. One injection (2 ml) of these vitamins is recommended per day. They can be used continuously for 5-10 days, but it is better to switch to oral use of vitamins of this group as soon as possible.
Binavit, despite the presence of lidocaine, is a rather painful injection. And on the strength of the effect on dorsalgia it is somewhat inferior to similar drugs that contain 2 times more of each vitamin. However, for moderate back pain, a few injections of Binavit are sufficient. Although the storage temperature of this remedy is extended to 15 ° C, but it still needs a refrigerator.
- Copes well with moderate pain;
- One injection per day;
- Contains lidocaine;
- Has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- long-lasting odor of the medicine.
The Russian manufacturer Grotex produces Larigama, which is the full analogue of Binavit. It contains: thiamine (50.0 mg), pyridoxine (50.0 mg), cyanocobalamin (0.5 mg) and lidocaine (10.0 mg). Larigama is used for moderate backache in people over 18 years of age. This medication is contraindicated in acute impaired pumping function of the heart.
Larigama is available in 2 ml ampoules. They are made of tinted glass. Each contains a clear, reddish liquid with a specific odor. If there is pain in the back, therapy begins with injections into the buttock. Deeply injected 2 ml of the solution once a day for 5-10 days. In this case, as the severity of pain decreases, injections are made less frequently or switch to taking tablets. Store at temperatures from 2 to 8°C.
The drug Larigama is not as effective as Milgamma, but it is also quite able to cope with neurological back pain with a course of application. In addition, such a complex of vitamins has a calming effect on the nervous system, and promotes the growth and improvement of hair structure. The drug is usually well tolerated, but occasionally may provoke an allergic skin rash.
- helps relieve pain in the back;
- One injection a day is enough;
- Improves hair structure and accelerates hair growth;
- eliminates irritability, irascibility.
- requires a refrigerator for storage;
- May cause an allergic rash.
The best vitamins for back pain in tablets
Tableted B-group vitamins for back pain are usually prescribed following several injections of these drugs. They allow to completely get rid of pain and stabilize the condition.
The Austrian drug Neurobion contains: thiamine (100 mg), pyridoxine (200 mg), cyanocobalamin (200 mcg). These vitamins are widely used for all kinds of disorders of the nervous system. Used in conjunction with other medicines and physiotherapy they quickly eliminate back pain. The combination of these vitamins is much more effective than each of them separately.
Neurobion round, white-coated tablets. Their size is medium and they are easy to swallow. Vitamins are in blister packs. The daily dose of this medicine is 3 pills. They are taken during or immediately after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The tablets should be swallowed whole, with clean water (100-200 ml).
According to reviews, Neurobion is excellent for back pain. In addition, this complex noticeably improves sleep and strengthens the nervous system. Patients have reported a significant increase in stress resistance after a course of treatment with this remedy. Usually these vitamins are well taken by the body, but occasionally they can provoke nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- high content of vitamins B1, B6 and B12;
- Tablets are acceptable to swallow;
- Excellent reliever of dorsalgia;
- Normalizes the quality of sleep;
- Strengthens the resistance to stress.
- May occasionally provoke nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
German vitamins Milgamma Compositum contains 2 active substances: benfotiamine (100.0 mg) and pyridoxine (100.0 mg). The first is a fat-soluble derivative of thiamine. This remedy is indicated in various neurological diseases accompanied by back pain in case of confirmed vitamin B1 and B6 deficiency.
Round tablets Milgamma Compositum resemble rather large dragons. Their shell is white. They are in blister packs. The average daily dose is 1 tablet. However, for acute pain, these vitamins are recommended to be taken 3 pieces a day. It is not recommended to crush the tablet. It is correct to swallow these vitamins whole by drinking 200 ml of clean water.
Many people speak highly of vitamins Milgamma Compositum. They note that this remedy is excellent for back pain. If they are very intense, it is advisable to take several injections of this drug first, and then consolidate the result with tablets. This complex also helps to get rid of irritability, improve mood, solve sleep problems and a number of cosmetic problems.
- Good for making up for vitamin B1 and B6 deficiencies;
- The tablets are not difficult to swallow;
- Can relieve pain qualitatively;
- Makes you sleep better;
- Strengthens resistance to stress.
- May cause headaches in some individuals.
Russian vitamins Combilipen Tabs by Pharmstandart include benfotiamin (100 mg), pyridoxine hydrochloride (100 mg), and cyanocobalamin (2 mcg). This drug is indicated in adults for various neurological pathologies that provoke back pain. Do not take these vitamins in the presence of acute or severe heart failure.
Kombilipen Tabs tablets are round, white, and quite easy to swallow. The vitamins are arranged on the plates. Adults should take 1-3 tablets a day. Kombilipen Tabs is not recommended for use on an empty stomach. It is not necessary to bite them and it is enough to drink 100 ml of water. It is not recommended to take this multivitamin remedy longer than 4 weeks.
This complex contains shock doses of vitamins, so this medicine should only be taken as prescribed by a doctor. According to reviews, this complex is excellent for dealing with back pain, especially if you initially take several shots of this remedy. However, it should be borne in mind that during the use of these pills may manifest itself increased sweating, nausea, tachycardia.
- High content of vitamins B1, B6 and B12;
- There is no difficulty in swallowing the tablets;
- Greatly removes back pain;
- speeds up hair and nail growth;
- soothes the nervous system.
- may cause nausea, tachycardia, and hyperhidrosis.
Russian pharmaceutical company Altayvitamy produces the drug Pentovit. It contains: thiamine (100.0 mg), pyridoxine (50.0 mg), nicotinamide (200.0 mg), folic acid (400.0 µg), cyanocobalamin (50 µg). This multivitamin remedy is designed for the treatment of various pathologies of the nervous system, including pain associated with peripheral nerve damage.
Pentovit tablets are round, convex on both sides, coated in white. They can be packaged in plastic jars or blister packs. The tablets are recommended to be taken orally after the main meal 3 times a day. The daily dose is 6-12 tablets. Therapeutic course of treatment may last for 3-4 weeks.
People who have taken Pentovit to get rid of back pain, speak very highly of this multivitamin remedy. They not only had painful sensations gone, but as a pleasant bonus, their hair and nails began to grow back much faster. And they got inner peace, getting rid of irritability and nervousness.
- Contains 5 B vitamins;
- The tablets are easy to swallow;
- eliminates neurological pain;
- speeds up hair and nail growth;
- gets rid of nervousness.
- A large number of tablets should be drunk in a day.
The German drug Benfogamma contains only one active ingredient – benfotiamine 150 mg. This remedy is appropriate to use if a clinical and biochemical examination has been conducted in the background of back pain, which confirmed a pronounced deficiency of vitamin B1. This medicine is only for use in adults.
Benfogamma are round, biconvex, shiny white tablets. They are in blister packs. For back pain, these vitamins are taken 1 tablet twice a day for 3 weeks, and then 1 tablet daily. These vitamins should be swallowed without chewing, with a quarter of a glass of water. They are swallowed quite easily.
Benfogamma effectively compensates for vitamin B1 deficiency and eliminates back pain. Also this remedy has a beneficial effect on the psycho-emotional state. Usually this vitamin is well tolerated, but occasionally can provoke skin itching and digestive system disorders.
- Perfectly compensates for vitamin B1 deficiency;
- The pills are easy to swallow;
- Relieves back pain;
- calms the nervous system.
- May cause skin itching and digestive disorders.