The content of the article
Took2nd place in the rating:
The best thermophiles in the mid-range price category
Jump to rating
REDMOND RTP-M801 specifications
|Type of heating element||closed coil|
|Case material||metal (double walls)|
|Thermostat||There is, stepped, temperature modes – 3, 65 – 100 deg.|
|Water level indicator||there is|
|Indication of power on||there is|
|Water light during operation||there is|
|The length of the power cord||1.2 m|
Reviews on REDMOND RTP-M801
- Advantages:It’s a great product, it’s convenient for family use . Looks good, how to use it is clear without any instructions. After the first rinse it did not smell like anything “chemical”.
- Disadvantages:Someone writes that the pressure is great and the mug splashes everything . So that it was not possible to raise the cup higher to the spout . So it’s not a flaw.
- Disadvantages:I had not immediately discovered such a thing as a “tongue” under the pouring spout, that is, you can use it, and you can use the button. It takes about 20 minutes to fill the tank from minimum to maximum, but then the temperature is stable and switches quickly between different temperature modes. The current temperature does not show, but I do not think it is necessary.
- Advantages:Warms water, the heat itself is not strong, the control panel does not get water (a frequent disease in thermopots, from which they die). There is childproofing – no pouring without unlocking, also, there is a plunger for pouring water without electricity. There is a re-boil button and the ability to select 85 degrees so you don’t get completely scalded by boiling water. Stopped stinking of plastic after the second boiling. Externally beautiful and even after 2 years there is no paint or any film peeling off anywhere.
- Disadvantages:When there is very little water left, and the overheat protection comes on – the screen starts flashing with EE characters, which makes it seem that the kettle is dead. However, it is not, just turn it off, pour water, and turn it on and it will work. It would be nice to have a more meaningful alarm for the lack of water. Also, the first time uncomfortable that to pour water, you must first unlock the kettle with the button, but then you get used to it. It is, after all, childproofing.
- Disadvantages:specifically sought kettle with a metal tank and casing (although here the body is only finished metal), and that the panel with the buttons do not fall under the water or steam, because I heard about that this is a common disease of heat pumps. The result: I buy the 3rd kettle of this model, the first is at home for 2 years, the second and third were bought as a gift to relatives. All three of them work perfectly, heat water, boil, no complaints. The function of boiling on a timer did not try, I do not know why she, and whether it works.
- Advantages:The choice of maintaining a constant temperature, forced boiling, rotating base, the switch on the body. Beautiful, medium-bodied.
- Disadvantages:Annoying just to have to press “unlock” EVERY time before push-button pouring. In the instructions other information on this subject. And it’s misleading to the customer. It is quite possible to return the product. Maybe some people find this feature useful, I find it very annoying.
- Disadvantages:no comments yet
The user has hidden his data
- Advantages:In the house a lot of equipment of this company and without problems. I think this is the best device for my family, so I thought it would be great to use in the family.
- Disadvantages:On the THIRD day, the factory defect showed up (officially recognized by the expertise) all orange water and with a horrible taste and smell.
- Disadvantages:It’s worth it if you’re lucky, but there are cheaper and more reliable models.
- Advantages:– ergonomic modern design (chrome-matt body just like similar large appliances) – nice and thoughtful backlight (when you press to unlock, then the backlight turns on, the rest of the time it is not lit) – very quiet, quieter than water – large capacity – enough for one day of active tea drinking + cooking – when you pour cold water, the thermopot automatically turns on boiling – not too hot on its own
- Disadvantages:– Buttons are tight – you just have to press your finger into the button – the lid is uncomfortable, with such a heavy lid would be useful some kind of door closer so it would not fall down – uncomfortable dialing water – too time consuming to remove the wire from the thermos, carry the thermos to the water, then put the heavy thermos in place, connect the wire to it… have to dial in the pots. The solution would be an easy to remove wire connector.
- Disadvantages:I work at home and I’m tired of having to put on/get in an electric kettle all the time. I read the reviews and realized that I should get a thermo kettle. Bought it in the store, making sure first visually that it wasn’t too bulky. I’ve started to use it, it was unaccustomed, t.k. It’s bigger than a kettle. However, now that the full potential of the thermopot has been unleashed, it’s a complete gadget, far more respected than the kettle was. Very convenient, in addition to the standard function: – when you make baths, boil water and take the thermopot with you (there is a special handle for carrying) – half an hour to an hour of hot water for sure. – for cooking pasta, dumplings, etc.d., You can get hot water in the pot at once and save time on waiting for boiling. – I always have the temperature set to 85 degrees. Since it’s also a thermos, I expect to get some savings in electricity costs. – very quiet! – It boils slowly (half an hour) and is therefore quiet, but a quiet click is heard when the water heats periodically to the set temperature and you do not hear anything else at all. Not very uncomfortable: – once mildly burned and remembered: take the spoon out of the mug, so the water does not splash out. – The handle, which extends slightly, in order to be able to lift quite a weighty lid, in the first place, itself is not very convenient (you have to scoop up with your fingernails), and secondly, has a silver color (not black, as shown in the picture here) and is made of cheap plastic. Most likely, it is already covered in micro-scratches: in the store rechecked all the thermopots, without scratches was not found. In everyday life, these little things are not manifested often and not brightly, so I’ll write it down not to the drawbacks, but in the comments for especially picky.
- Advantages:The body is made of metal, holds temperature well while not heating the surface
- Disadvantages:Good standard sized thermopot. Extended warranty, but judging by the performance of the unit, I am unlikely to need it. No temperature settings, long cord.
- Advantages:1) Nice design 2) Performs its tasks perfectly. 3) On/off button 4) Hand pump is very handy and necessary thing.
- Disadvantages:1) The display has a very small viewing angle, and normally visible only when sitting down (or move away), standing next to the thermopot display fades and can not see anything. 2) The display DOES NOT show the current temperature, only the set temperature and the timer. It’s very uncomfortable because you don’t know what kind of water it is now. 3) Buttons are pressed tight, but it is not critical.
- Disadvantages:In the end we decided to give it up because the listed disadvantages (poor display, no current temperature) negate all of its advantages for us. Also the minimum temperature is too high. For an infant the desired 40C.
The user has hidden his data
- Advantages:Beautiful, that’s probably all.
- Disadvantages:1. After 2 months the stainless steel bowl began to rust (!!!). in two places. 2. The first week it smells like plastic 3. Strong water pressure, often boiling water jumped out of the cup 4. Timer step – 3 6 12 24 48 99 hours. Very strange. Can’t put it on in the evening in the morning if you sleep more than 6 hours. 5. Takes about 20 minutes to boil.
- Disadvantages:We returned it under warranty and we don’t want to deal with cheap Chinese products anymore. Still looking for my ideal stainless steel kettle/thermopot.
User suppressed his data
- Disadvantages:Strong smell of cheap plastic when opening the box. Very poor performance. Broke after two months, the screen stopped working. In the service, they said I have my hands in the wrong place. Thank you Redmond for a wonderful experience!
- Disadvantages:The outer wall of the kettle is very hot.
- Disadvantages:The outer wall is so hot that it is difficult to hold a hand. At the same time, the service center said that the problems are not detected. In fact, it turns out it is not a thermopot but a kettle, since it does not work as a thermos. So who can be lucky.