- How to choose the right nutcracker
- 6 best nut crackers
- Tescoma President 638629
- Nadoba Undina 721311
- Suck UK Robot
- Gipfel 6070
- Nutcracker Fissman Luminica 16 cm
- TODI zinc alloy YM143
*Review of the best according to the opinion of the editors. Our selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before you buy it, you need to consult with a professional.
Functional kitchen gadgets make life much easier for housewives. Modern nutcrackers are handy devices which help to release a large volume of nuts from their shells without effort and in a short time. Our rating includes simple and reliable devices. The main parameters for selecting the leading positions were: the analysis of the alloy, design features and, of course, the opinion of customers. You’ll also learn what kinds of household nutcrackers there are, and you can choose the model that meets your needs.
How to choose the right nutcracker
It all depends on the purpose for which you purchase the device. If you handle a small volume of nuts with low frequency, a simple and compact manual nut cracker will do for you. With its help, you will be able to clean several kilograms (3 to 5) of the original product per hour. Let’s analyze the advantages of manual models:
- Compact.They are small and easy to store in a small free space.
- Easy operation.The control mechanism is intuitive – tuck between tongs, into a cone, etc.d. Nutcracker and press down firmly on the handles.
- High percentage of kernels kept whole. If you are a beginner, at first it will be difficult to regulate pressure. Over time, this skill will become steady, and you will end up with beautiful, solid kernels.
Certain models are designed for chopping a variety of nuts. The tongs models have a narrowed channel to contain small nuts like hazelnut, macadamia nut, etc. If this is important to you, it is worth paying attention to this detail when purchasing the device.
But it is necessary to note a few disadvantages of manual models:
- Tires the hand, because you need to press with effort. This is especially important for fragile women. Mechanical models are easier to handle and require less physical effort.
- There is a risk that the shell will “fly away. But this risk is also inherent in mechanical nutcrackers.
More details about mechanical devices. They have an increased capacity (handle from 10 kg/h) compared to manual devices and can be used for processing large harvests or for small businesses. Lever-operated devices are somewhat inferior to nut cutters, working on the principle of a meat grinder, in terms of performance and comfort of use. But both will help you easily peel large volumes of nuts with a high level of preservation of the integrity of the kernels. The price of mechanical nutcrackers is much higher than manual ones.
About the used materials in the nutcracker, the design features and other details of the devices we will tell in the presented rating on concrete examples. We wish you a pleasant viewing experience.
6 best nut crackers
|The 6 best nutcrackers||1||Tescoma President 638629||1 431 €|
|2||Nadoba Undina 721311||699 €|
|3||Suck UK Robot||2 070 €|
|4||Gipfel 6070||1 290 €|
|5||Fissman Luminica 16 cm nut cracker||2 541 €|
|6||TODI zinc alloy YM143||959 €|
Tescoma President 638629
This sleek Czech nutcracker with tongs is a great helper in the kitchen. The device is made of stainless steel, which is highly resistant to mechanical damage and corrosion. The two planes of the tongs are securely fastened with a sturdy screw that keeps them moving. The appearance of the product is nice. There is not an abundance of detail – it is simple and elegant. In addition, the small size of the nutcracker is a joy to use. It is only 18 cm long, so it will be easy for you to find a place to store it.
In the tongs there are 3 places for nuts of different sizes. The smallest one is not supposed to peel pine nuts, but it is good for almonds and small hazelnuts. The surface of the nutcracker’s working area is medium-ribbed, which provides a reliable fixation of the nut and a quality split. The shape of the device is ergonomic – it is comfortable to hold and work with. Buyers also note the ease of care – it can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher. Stainless steel, regardless of humidity, retains its qualities for a long time.
- Durable, reliable materials and construction;
- Suitable for handling nuts of different sizes;
- Ergonomic shape of the product;
- Small size;
- The cleverly designed working area of the tongs ensures easy and high speed processing of nuts;
- Can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher;
- Buyers note that although the nutcracker is a bit heavy, it is convenient and reliable;
- Price in the range of 1000-1500 rubles.
- Some customers complain that the shells fly around while peeling.
Nadoba Undina 721311
Another Czech manual nut cracker in the form of tongs is in our rating. Its special feature is the thermoplastic rubber pads on the handles. This material combines the properties of plastic and rubber. It is resistant to mechanical damage and allows you to securely hold the nutcracker in your hand without the risk of slipping. This detail makes the use of the kitchen device as comfortable as possible. The device itself is made of zinc alloy, which can withstand corrosion and hard nutshells. Brushed chrome plating of metal parts enhances anti-corrosion properties, wear resistance and gives a pleasant appearance.
The working surface provides two zones with a ribbed surface – for small nuts (hazelnut, macadamia) and for large (walnut, pecan). Buyers are mostly satisfied with the operation of the device, but some point out a significant design flaw. In the area where the planes of the tongs articulate by means of a metal screw, the thickness of the alloy becomes thinner. Because of this feature there is a risk of the nutcracker breaking in the process of work.
- Reasonable price – about 700 rubles;
- Convenient pads on the handles of the tongs, preventing slipping of the hand;
- Durable material;
- Small size. The length of the product is only 17 cm;
- Two working areas for nuts of different sizes;
- Ribbed surface holds nuts securely in the cleaning process;
- Pleasant looking matte finish.
- There is a risk of fracture in the vulnerable areas of the product design.
Suck UK Robot
The third line of our rating takes the original nutcracker, which will not leave indifferent any buyer. The device in the form of a red robot with bright details will not only become a helper in the kitchen, but also decorate the kitchen interior. It is made entirely of wood, the most environmentally friendly material. With this nutcracker it is easy to join a child in helping to work in the kitchen. The body of the robot has a hole, where you put a nut. On the side of it there is a screw, screwing it in creates pressure on the walnut. So, it splits and you get a solid core, with minimal shell spread outside the device.
Suck UK Robot fits medium-sized and large nuts. Robot height is 22 cm, width 14 cm. It stands firmly on feet with a wide surface. Buyers appreciated the decorative properties of the original kitchen device, but some are not satisfied with its performance. In some reviews it is said that the screw turns, which makes it very difficult to crack a nut quickly.
- Original design;
- Eco-friendly materials;
- An unusual mechanism of work;
- Can be used as an interior element;
- The bright robot attracts the attention of children, which makes it interesting for them to crack nuts on their own.
- In some reviews it is noted that the screw is twisted;
- Cannot be washed;
- High price – at least 2000 rubles.
German cone-shaped nutcracker. It will last a long time due to its reliable, simple construction and the use of quality materials. Part of the handles of the device are covered with rubberized material that prevents slipping. This feature makes the device comfortable to use. Main part of the product is made of durable, chromium-plated zinc alloy. Therefore, the nutcracker can be easily washed without fear that it will rust.
Inside the cone there are protrusions that allow you to firmly “grab” the nut, so it will not slip out while pressing. The distinctive feature of the cone-shaped peanut cracker is the minimal splintering of the shells. The kernel remains in one piece. The manufacturer gives 1 year warranty on this model, which is not much. For example, for the previous model in the ranking Nadoba Undina 721311 manufacturer gives 5 years warranty.
- Convenient mechanism for splitting a nut;
- Rubberized handles;
- Rugged, corrosion-resistant material;
- The absence of shells flying around;
- Virtually no damage to the integrity of the core;
- Can be washed by hand and in the dishwasher.
- The price is not less than 1300 rubles.
Nutcracker Fissman Luminica 16 cm
The product of the Danish producer of kitchen and household goods pleased customers with its quality and unique style. The device itself is made of zinc alloy with a matte chrome coating. The Luminik model is notable for its small size (only 16 cm in length) and laconic design with bright accents. The grips of the tongs have silicone grip surfaces imitating the texture of wood. In the collection there are several options for the color of anti-slip inserts – turquoise, green, lilac, etc.
In the place of articulation of the components of the tongs, the material is compact and voluminous. This eliminates the risk of accidental breakage in the case of splitting a very hard walnut. As in many models, there are two zones for the arrangement of large and medium-sized nuts. The working surface is ribbed. It can hold nuts with structured shells, e.g. walnuts, pecans. But smooth hazelnuts, macadamia or finely textured almonds can slip out. The manufacturer notes that all materials are safe and do not emit toxic compounds.
- Interesting, stylish design;
- Resistant to damage and corrosion;
- Anti-slip silicone inserts;
- Small size;
- Safe materials;
- The coarse, ribbed work surface doesn’t always hold nuts with smooth shells;
- High price – around 2000 rubles.
TODI zinc alloy YM143
Nutcracker from Russian brand TODI is not as popular on the market as the previous nominees of our rating. But it deserves a place here for the best combination of a pleasant price and quality materials. The nutcracker is made of titanium-coated zinc alloy, which is not exposed to damage or corrosion. The material is somewhat thin at the junction of the tongs’ working planes. Therefore, there is a risk of breakage when cracking nuts with hard shells.
On the inside of the handles, there is a soft touch coating, which ensures an anti-slip surface and a pleasant skin contact. But the amazing thing is that it is inside, not outside, where the main contact with the hand takes place. An interesting solution from the viewpoint of a kitchen ornament, but in practical terms useless. The peanut cracker is designed for peeling large and medium-sized nuts. For this purpose it has two working areas with a ridged surface. Care of the product is as simple as possible – it can be stored with the rest of the kitchen appliances and washed with detergents.
- Durable, corrosion-resistant material;
- Low price – in the region of 800 rubles;
- Ergonomic shape;
- Suitable for nuts of different sizes;
- Easy to care for.
- Thin design in places vulnerable to breakage;
- Soft touch coating does not fulfill its function due to inadequate localization.
If you buy already peeled nuts, you cannot be sure that they have been cleaned, stored and transported in a hygienic way. Therefore, nuts in the shell will be a great solution for people who care about their health and the health of loved ones. And high-quality, durable nutcrackers allow you to enjoy the usefulness and taste of nuts for years to come.