- Advantages and disadvantages
- What to look out for
- 10 best steam generators by price and quality
- Philips PSG8140/80
- Tefal GV9611 Pro Express timate +
- raun IS 7156 BK CareStyle 7
- raun IS 5145 CareStyle 5
- Philips GC7920/20 PerfectCare Compact Plus
- Polaris PSS 7510K
*A Review of the Best according to the Editors. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, it is not an advertisement, and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before buying, it is necessary to consult with a specialist.
Ironing laundry with an iron is a tedious and demanding chore. Steam generators represent a new generation of home appliances to replace outdated irons.
The devices have advanced functions. They are used not only for ironing linen, but with their help one can iron curtains without taking them off the curtain rods, complex products of different materials, clean outerwear, elements of furniture, decor or car seats made of fabric.
In appearance, steam generators are similar to the traditional iron. You do not need an ironing board to process your garments.
Distinctive features are:
- The presence of a stand with a container for water;
- Ironing attachment. Structurally similar to a traditional iron. But the soleplate is not heated. It has multiple holes through which the superheated steam escapes. The soleplate is made of ceramic, steel or aluminum;
- The tube, connecting the stand with the ironing device. Vapor-air mixture flows from the reservoir to the iron.
- Some steam generators have special attachments that allow you to clean the room.
Advantages and disadvantages
Steam generators are divided into professional, semi-professional and household. These devices have distinct advantages over traditional irons.
They are used to steam vertically weighted items. It smooths wrinkled suits with a complex cut, removes creases and folds that are difficult to smooth with a traditional iron.
The main advantages include:
- Supply of superheated steam, which has low humidity. Which allows it to be used for all fabrics;
- The high temperature of the steam mixture smooths over-dried fabrics with creases. Large items can be stacked in multiple layers. All layers are smoothed at the same time;
- Adjustable steam pressure means you can operate on delicate fabrics;
- Creates long-lasting creases in pants, easily smoothes out over-dried linens and terry towels;
- Vertical items can be processed and simultaneously disinfected. High steam temperature kills numerous germs and parasites;
- Using a steam generator allows housewives to save a lot of time.
- Speaking about advantages, we must also mention disadvantages.
- Limescale build-up that must be removed periodically. Many modern models are already equipped with automatic descaling;
- Considerable size;
- Steam line and electrical conduit. Which makes it uncomfortable to work with;
- The relatively high price of the device, which, however, is compensated by a variety of additional functions.
What to look out for
There are numerous devices with different characteristics and price in the retail network. Experts advise to pay attention to the basic parameters:
- Power. It affects not only the power consumption, but the speed of heating, and most importantly the quality of steaming. Powerful devices reach operating mode faster. For your home, 1,000 to 3,000 watts is enough. This power should be enough for smoothing laundry, outerwear and cleaning the room;
- Water tank capacity.Its size determines the amount of time you can work continuously. Often it does not exceed 2 liters of water, but it is enough for 2 hours of work;
- Pressure describes the steam flow.The more, the richer the jet will be. 2-4 bars are sufficient for horizontal smoothing and steaming. Vertical processing requires more pressure up to 5-8 bars;
- Steam blow.It increases the steam output. But at the same time there is an opportunity to iron things that are not ironed with a constant steam supply;
- You should pay attention to the soleplate material.Its quality and thickness depends on the speed of heating and cooling, and most importantly – the smoothness of sliding. The most common material is aluminum with a special coating that prevents mechanical damage to the surface;
- Parameter automatic shut offensures the safe operation of the device. If a person forgot to disconnect the steam generator from the mains or the break was more than 10 minutes, the device itself will disconnect the power.
Given the design features of steam generators, the existence of a huge number of models, our experts have selected the 10 most popular steam generators. We have arranged them according to their rating and price.
10 best steam generators by price and quality
|The 10 best steam generators by price and quality||1|
|41 990 €|
|2||Tefal GV9611 Pro Express||23 950 €|
|3||Morphy Richards 332100/332102||24 990 €|
|4||aun IS 7156 BK CareStyle 7||23 689 €|
|5||Tefal SV7111 Express Compact||8 000 €|
|6||aun IS 5145 CareStyle 5||15 847 €|
|7||Tefal GV9581 Pro Express||19 686 €|
|14 760 €|
|11 240 €|
olaris PSS 7510K
|6 899 €|
Let’s start our review with the steam generator, which approaches the semi-professional devices by its characteristics. It’s a device with an intelligent system and automatic steam control.
Automatic temperature control for different types of fabric makes up for the lack of a thermostat. Steam hammer and self-cleaning system extend the capabilities of this appliance.
The steam generator quickly reaches operating mode. The 1.8L water reservoir capacity eliminates the need for water refilling. The container is removable, which is convenient for filling and removing water.
Smooths synthetic fabrics well. Easy to slide on surfaces. A word of caution: natural fabrics are difficult to iron, buttons are difficult to iron, etc.
Ergonomic handle and light weight for hassle-free vertical tumble drying. Steam is controlled by a button conveniently located on the handle. Easy descaling with automatic descaling system.
- Smart steam delivery system and temperature regulation;
- Large tank capacity;
- Limescale self-cleaning system;
- High steam pressure (up to 8.5 bar);
- Steam impact performance in line with professional-grade devices;
- Attractive design.
- Not found.
Tefal GV9611 Pro Express
Morphy Richards 332100/332102 – High power 3000W steam generator in combination with high pressure up to 7 bar allows to iron thick and folded fabrics.
Large 2 litre tank that lets you work for up to 2 hours without refilling. High pressure makes it possible to work either horizontally or vertically. Steam flow rate in the operating mode of 140 g/min, and with a steam shock of 400 g/min can cope with any folds and creases.
It efficiently removes stains from upholstered furniture. Long hose gives you freedom of movement. Smart self-cleaning descaling system allows the use of tap water. Intelligent control system controls the steam.
In case of a long idle time, more than 10 minutes, the power is turned off, which is duplicated by an audible signal. Ceramic soleplate glides well on natural, synthetic and composite fabrics.
- Lightweight and high performance appliance;
- Automatic descaling;
- Automatic shut off system with audible alarm;
- Small dimensions.
- Not identified.
raun IS 7156 BK CareStyle 7
The Tefal SV7111 Express Compact, combined with the high performance of the steam generator and the convenient removable tank, make it easy to use. Pressure of 5.8 bars ensures gentle ironing of any material.
Steam power of 340 g/min removes dirt and stains from surfaces to be ironed. The iron has a locking system for safe transport and storage. Unique soleplate with protective coating lets the iron glide effortlessly over all kinds of fabrics.
- Good ergonomics;
- Easy to use;
- Excellent ironing, ample tank capacity.
- Not found.
raun IS 5145 CareStyle 5
High-performance device with indication of reaching operating mode. Enjoy the steam output of 120 g/min when ironing. In steam mode, 450 g/min at 7 bar.
Automatic temperature control. Large water tank available. Quick startup. The appliance has a modern look with a two-tone design.
When idle for 10 minutes, the device goes into standby mode, and after the next 11 minutes, it automatically de-energizes.
- Easy to use;
- Ironing all kinds of fabrics;
- The high pressure of 7 bars allows steam to penetrate deep into fabrics;
- Quickly gets up and running;
- Modern, stylish design.
- Not found.
Philips GC7920/20 PerfectCare Compact Plus
Convenient and powerful steam generator Philips GC7920/20 PerfectCare Compact Plus. Has Optimal TEMP protection, which prevents damage to your fabric. It sets it apart from conventional steam irons.
You can safely leave the appliance on the ironing board. Automatic switch-off system switches it off after a short period of inactivity.
The Smart Calc Clean system automatically removes limescale from the iron, and the SteamG coatings
Generated pressure of 6.5 bar and 1.5 L tank volume are enough to provide 1.5 hours of continuous operation. It has a steam rate of 120 g/min at rated speed and a maximum steam rate of 430 g/min. Automatic shut off with an audible tone for added convenience.
- Extended additional functions to protect the fabric from damage;
- Automatic Descaling;
- Auto shut off when idle for a long time;
- Smooths all ironable materials.
- Not detected.
Polaris PSS 7510K
Polaris PSS 7510K is one of the few appliances that have balanced cost and functionality. This is a household steam generator with automatic soleplate temperature regulation depending on the type of product.
Smart Temp system is gentle to fabrics, preventing high temperatures from damaging the product. The high power of 3000 watts and the large tank capacity of 1.7 l allow you to work almost 2 hours without interruption.
The self-cleaning system ensures that the steam generator is very low-maintenance. High pressure up to 7 bar allows you to smooth out fabrics of different materials, removing the problem areas and creases in the materials. Capable of producing 120 g/min in operation mode. In the maximum steam stroke mode the performance is 400 g / min. Which is enough for household appliances. Ceramic soleplate coating does not scratch and ensures that the iron glides smoothly over the surface of the fabric, making it easier to work.
- Modern Design;
- Great power;
- Large tank;
- High steam pressure;
- Descaling system.
- Not detected.