- Room requirements
- Types of robot vacuum cleaners
- Selection parameters
- The 12 best robot vacuum cleaner manufacturers
- I FE
*Review of the best according to the editorial board. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, it is not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to purchase. It is necessary to consult with a specialist before making a purchase.
The most time-consuming operation in the apartment is cleaning the floor. To facilitate this work, the industry produces traditional vacuum cleaners.
But they require the participation of a person in the process, and it is necessary to spend a lot of time and effort.
Manufacturers have started to mass produce robot vacuum cleaners. They are able to clean themselves without human participation. Have a small size, can clean under the furniture, where the usual device can not penetrate.
After completing the operation, the robot returns to the base for recharging. The owner needs only to free the container from dust. And if necessary, change the consumables. They can be cleaned on a daily basis, maintaining a proper level of cleanliness.
When choosing a manufacturer of robotic vacuum cleaners, it is necessary to consider the design features of the device.
They are much easier to move on a smooth floor than on a carpet. Especially if the carpet has a long pile. Able to negotiate smaller obstacles, 10-18mm.
But if there are thresholds in the apartment, it is better to buy models that can overcome obstacles from 20 to 30 mm. Before working, you should prepare the room.
To do so:
- Collect the scattered things and wires from the floor;
- The ends of the curtains need to be raised;
- Removing stools and chairs from the floor;
- If carpets have fringes, they should be twisted and hidden under the carpet;
- Install the limiters.
By eliminating the interference, you increase the cleaning area. And the vacuum cleaner will find the best route to get around obstacles, no matter where it’s supposed to go.
Types of robot vacuum cleaners
In the trade network there are widely represented manufacturers with a number of models, which are subdivided according to the type of cleaning performed. Models are divided into three types:
Dry vacuum cleaners. They are designed to remove dust from smooth surfaces and carpets. This is true for parquet, some types of laminate, porous tiles and carpets that do not allow exposure to water;
Detergents are used on hard surfaces such as ceramic tiles, moisture-resistant laminate, and hardwood floors. They perform wet cleaning, wetting the floors with clean water while scrubbing away stains and removing dirty water;
Combination Vacuum Cleaners. They combine dry and wet cleaning functions. Dry cleaning is done first, after which the surface is moistened and wiped down. Such models are among the most popular.
Before settling on a particular manufacturer, you should study the specifications of the devices they produce. At the same time, pay attention to the parameters that you need.
This determines how well the cleaning will be done:
- First of all, it is necessary to find out the area,for which the appliance is designed. Some models do not specify the area, but the rooms. These details should be decisive, t.k. More cleaning time after recharging. Also, if trapped, a vacuum cleaner may not have enough battery power to return to the base;
- Battery. The duration of uninterrupted work and the area to be cleaned depend on the capacity. The bigger it is, the better. 2500 ma/h is considered optimal. Models are now available with 5000 ma/hr. The type of battery is important. Do not buy a device that is powered by an outdated Ni-Mh battery. More viable lithium-ion (
- -Ion) or lithium polymer (
- -Pol) batteries. They are more durable and reliable, but they also cost more;
- Suction powerdetermines the quality of cleaning. The higher it is, the less dust will remain in the carpets. Modern models provide the suction force of 2000-2500 Pa, but there are powerful models with a force of 4000 Pa;
- Usually to the noise leveldo not have any particular requirements, but there are no completely silent designs. In working mode, the noise level does not exceed 50-60 dB, and the maximum volume of the vacuum cleaner should not exceed 75 dB;
- Software,remote start. Adds to the comfort of using the robot;
- The more advanced the navigation system,The fewer the mistakes in cleaning will be. Modern system allows you to memorize the location of furniture, can remember and edit the room plan. For this purpose, you can use a mechanical bumper, gyroscope, one or more cameras, laser rangefinder, rangefinder combined with a camera. A large number of functions demonstrate the robot’s advanced capabilities.
In addition to the basic parameters described, there are additional features. They provide comfortable control of the gadget:
Smartphone connectivity.It has an application with advanced settings and a maximum set of features. The app allows you to control and monitor the operation of the vacuum cleaner;
- Creating an accurate topography of the room and individual rooms.Setting limits, modes of operation and a certain schedule;
- Programming the resumption mode of cleaning after recharging. This is relevant when handling large areas;
- The ability to perform dry and wet cleaning at the same time. Advanced models have the ability to remove stains with a moving platform;
- Surface Recognitionwith variable suction power. This allows you to significantly save battery life;
- water dosing. This feature ensures good quality and safety of your floor, i.e.k. parquet and laminate flooring is best wiped down rather than wetted with water;
- Self-cleaning ability.This feature is not available in all models. With its help the dust is sucked into a special container, the capacity of which lasts for 1-2 months. Availability of self-cleaning significantly increases the cost of equipment.
Our experts have analyzed 12 leading robot vacuum cleaner manufacturers.
All drawings taken from public sources from the seller’s or manufacturer’s website.
The 12 best robot vacuum cleaner manufacturers
|The 12 best robot vacuum cleaner manufacturers||1||iRobot||5.0|
The oldest robot company in the world, iRobot, opens the ranking. Information about the manufacturer:
- The country of the brand is the USA;
- Year founded in 1990;
- Website – ;
- The most popular model is iRobot Roomba 976;
- The average cost of the mass model is 29800 rubles.
The company specializes in the production of robot vacuum cleaners. In the model range there are robots for dry and combined cleaning.
Roomba 600, 800, 900 series are on the market. The most affordable price has a 600 series, but it does not have the features that are available in the 800 and 900 series.
There are more advanced models with combined cleaning these
aava 240 b 390T. This is the most advanced gadgets that have a lot of additional functions. From infrared rangefinder, floor recognition, etc.p.
The company’s products have conquered the American and European market. According to numerous customer reviews on various sites iRobot is considered the best manufacturer.
- Large model range;
- Availability of models with combined cleaning and self-cleaning;
- Clear control;
- Powerful batteries.
- Small dust canister, only enough for one cleaning;
- There are problems with connecting to Wi-Fi network.
Russian-Chinese company aims to produce robotic vacuum cleaners with artificial intelligence. Focuses on the needs of customers. Produces high quality products.
Information about the company:
- Country – Russia – China;
- Website – ;
- Common model GUTREND FUSION 150;
- The average price of 16560 rubles.
By producing robot vacuum cleaners, the company’s goal is for the customer’s life to become comfortable in a clean home. All machines are made with good quality.
Only quality components are used in production. This makes it possible to produce robots that clean the room well, cope with hard dust and pet hair.
- Powerful, copes with cleaning;
- Good battery life;
- Copes with wool.
- At maximum power it is noisy;
- Cannot add detergents.
Swiss brand produces fully automated cleaning devices. Reliability of devices ensured the popularity among customers.
There is a wide range of products that will satisfy any customer with different income. All models cope well with the task.
The company in Russia for more than 10 years. Has numerous service centers. Automated cleaners are aimed at the Russian and CIS markets.
Popular model Polaris PVCR 3200 IQ Home Agua. Sold for a rather low price of 17990 rubles.
- Proven brand;
- Good for dry and wet cleaning;
- Doesn’t make any noise, learns quickly.
- “Sees” not all smartphone models;
- Knocks down the navigation.
The Russian company is positioned as a brand with the most democratic prices.
- Country – Russia;
- Year founded in 2011;
- Website – ;
- Popular model Kitfort KT 518;
- Average price of 8990 rubles.
Robot vacuum cleaners show good quality performance. Performs the job with good quality. Large range of models allows you to select the necessary equipment with specific characteristics.
- Low price;
- Wide assortment;
- New Generation Devices.
- Does not clean carpets well;
- Budget models are poorly navigated;
- Possible problems with the battery.
Chinese company specializes in the manufacture and sale of household appliances. There are robot vacuum cleaners in the lineup. Takes an active position in the market.
At the expense of democratic prices for similar products, robots are well sold in the CIS countries and Russia.
- On the market since 2010;
- Country – China;
- Website – ;
- The most popular model Xiaomi Mijia Sweeping Vacuum Cleaner 1C;
- The average price of the model 17000 rub.
The company sells relatively inexpensive, but with advanced functions, robot-vacuum cleaners. They differ from the competitors by greater suction power.
Thanks to the built-in ultrasonic and infrared sensors have good navigation. It does not allow to leave untreated places on the floor.
Powerful lithium-ion battery provides the necessary charge to clean an average apartment without recharging. The lineup includes vacuum cleaners with dry and combined cleaning.
- Good quality at an optimal price;
- Optimal cleaning trajectory;
- No skips with good quality of cleaning.
- Poor recognition of dark tracks;
- There are problems when activating the device from your smartphone.
LG Group represents one of South Korea’s four leading financial and manufacturing companies. Headquartered in Seoul.
The company specializes in electronics, chemical products and telecommunication devices.
- Country – South Korea;
- Year of foundation 1958;
- Popular model LG VRF6670LVM;
- The average price is 28990.
Specializing in home appliances, the company has not ignored the niche of robot vacuum cleaners. Focus on improving the quality of their products.
Not for nothing it has opened more than 200 representative offices and service centers in more than 80 countries around the world. The oldest company is concerned about its image, constantly improves the quality of its products and expands the assortment.
- They clean well not only the central part of the floor, but also near the baseboard;
- There are models controlled through the application “Alice”;
- Independent construction of the trajectory.
- Tangles in carpets with high pile;
- Not good enough to do wet cleaning;
Okami Group is based in Southeast Asia. Headquartered in Hong Kong. Is the exclusive distributor of Okami and Panda brands in Russia.
- Production is located mainly in China, head office in Hong Kong;
- In 2012 opened an office in Russia;
- Website – okami.Store;
- Popular model is the Okami U80 Pet;
- The average price of 24990 rubles.
Robotic products are leading the market among similar devices for wet cleaning. The presence of a water tank in combination with a large-diameter rag and a special water supply device allowed to achieve excellent results when cleaning the floors. The use of the latest developments allows the company to be at the forefront of manufacturers.
- Quality combined with the use of the latest developments, supports the application “Alice”;
- Good result of cleaning the floor;
- Has an audible alarm.
- Dimensional, not everywhere can fit;
- Unsatisfactory cleaning zones set up.
FE” src=”/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/22516666197451-7212.jpg” title=”I
Chinese company I
- Country – China;
- Website – i
- Mass dry vacuum cleaner I
- FE V50;
- Average price 7690 RUB.
The company is positioned as a leader in the production of intelligent equipment. All products successfully certified as China’s national high-tech enterprise. Which made it possible to obtain a patent not only in China, but also in America, Europe and Asia.
- The company specializes in robotic cleaning devices;
- Democratic product prices;
- Good for picking up pet hair.
- Does not handle corners well enough;
- No virtual wall.
The Chinese company, after forming in 2014, specialized in the design and manufacture of water purification filters. Was only known in China.
- Country brand – China;
- Year of establishment 2014;
- Year of joining Xiaomi 2016;
- Website – ;
- Popular model Xiaomi Viomi Cleaning Robot V3;
- Average Cost 28500 RUB.
After joining Xiaomi expanded its product line and increased production capacity. Entered the international market with its products.
Is working on improvement of the models. Trying to share information between its devices. Which will further lead to the creation of a common information space to create a smart home system.
- Intensively developing company;
- Large range of quality products;
- Good information support.
- Wet cleaning performs poorly. Wipes the floor with a moistened wipe.
South Korean company occupies a leading position among manufacturers of home appliances. Outperformed its closest U.S. and Japanese competitors Sony. Manufacturing facilities for robot vacuum cleaners are located in Vietnam.
- Country – South Korea;
- Production of vacuum cleaners in Vietnam;
- Website – ;
- Popular Samsung VR20V7070 model;
- The average price is 29990.
The company was formed back in 1969. Over the years, has mastered virtually every household appliance from simple irons to complex robotic systems.
Thanks to its manufacturing success, has become one of the world’s top ten manufacturers of sophisticated electronic and robotic devices.
- In 2020, ranked among the top five companies in the world;
- High quality products;
- Quick change of assortment.
- Does not clean well in corners;
- Difficulties with changing the cartridge.
Taiwanese company producing household window washing equipment and robotic floor cleaners. The smart devices are successfully sold in many countries. For their innovative qualities, they have received widespread acclaim.
- The company was founded on the island of Fukushima. Taiwan;
- Year Built 2010;
- Site – ;
- HOBOT Legee 688 model for sale;
- Average model price 30800 rub.
- The company’s products are sold in more than 30 countries. In Russia was opened in 2013.
Over the past period of active growth, the company has created a vast dealer network with service centers in the country. Winner of many exhibitions. Has won gold and silver awards. The products are manufactured only from quality materials. What is HOBOT’s priority.
- Product quality;
- Washes and vacuums floors well;
- Easy to use.
- Does not overcome thresholds well;
- Charge enough to clean 80 m2, would like more.
Developers of the South Korean company began developing promising equipment back in 1988. But this has not made the company famous. Its finest hour began in 2000, when the company began to cooperate with the famous Motorola company by supplying navigation systems.
- South Korean company with headquarters in Seoul;
- Date of establishment 1988;
- Website – ;
- The most popular model iCLEBO Arte, carbon;
- The average price of 24990 rubles.
Recognized as a promising and fast-growing company in 2002. The first robot vacuum cleaner was released in 2005. Then came the family of intelligent robotic sweepers.
- The companies are located in South Korea;
- Charge lasts for 2 hours;
- Overcomes thresholds.
- Bumping on a high pile carpet;
- Corners not clean well;