- The first signs of cervical osteochondrosis
- Tips for Choosing
- The best pillows for cervical osteochondrosis
- TRELAX Respecta P05, 38 x 60 cm
- EcoSapiens Memory Plus, 40 x 60 cm, height 13 cm
- Trives T.511M (TOP-111), 32 x 49 cm
- Magniflex Memoform Standard Classico, 42 x 72 cm, height 12 cm
- Tempur Symphony (M), 43 x 63 cm, height 12.5 cm
- Armed SeaGel, 32 x 50 cm, height 11 cm
- Ormatec Aqua Prim, 36 x 61 cm, height 12 cm
- Ener Em 40 x 60 cm, height 14 cm
- Trives TOP-119, 32 x 50 cm, height 12.5 cm
*Review of the best according to the editorial. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before you buy it, please consult with a professional.
In the 21st century, it is difficult to find a person who has not experienced tension in the cervical spine. Most of the day we stare at the phone screen or work at the laptop, which makes our neck too long to relax. At first, few people pay attention to such a small thing, but it is what leads to cervical osteochondrosis later on. Its first symptoms can easily be confused with the usual fatigue and lack of sleep, as there is insomnia, feeling of brokenness or swelling.
In fact, the tone in the cervical spine is very seriously compromising health, disrupting circulation and creating cramps. It affects not only the brain, but also other organs in the body. Disturbance of blood circulation in general, creating clamps of the arteries. Getting enough sleep is important for a full recovery. Only then will the conduction of the main and small vessels be fully restored, and the tension of the spine completely eliminated. Among the aids you can use special pillows, which have the correct anatomical shape and significantly improve sleep. Exactly about them we will tell you in this article.
The first signs of cervical osteochondrosis
Since most people think that this would definitely not happen to them, we decided to tell you first about the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. They do not appear immediately and are often similar to the signs of completely different diseases. The most common way cervical osteochondrosis manifests itself is as follows:
- Systemic dizziness.
- Frequent pain in the back of the head. At first, the pain may only show itself occasionally, but later spread to the whole head. When the disease reaches its peak, the person may even have difficulty moving his head.
- Frequent and severe shortness of breath. Some people also have a feeling of lack of air.
- Intermittent or chronic nausea, which may be accompanied by vomiting. To distinguish this condition from the usual nausea is simple: if the nausea increases when you try to turn your head, then it may well be a symptom of cervical osteochondrosis.
- Loss of visual quality. You do not have to abruptly stop seeing anything at all in sharpness, but even the slight appearance of fog or some interference should make you think twice about seeing a specialist.
- Constant spikes in blood pressure. Of course, we’re all used to writing off such fluctuations to changes in the weather and running out for coffee or lowering agents, but that’s not always true. In this case, it is better to make sure that this is not a sign of cervical osteochondrosis, in order not to run the disease.
- Fainting. The symptom itself is serious and can be caused by vasospasm.
- Throat problems. Even a symptom such as a lump in the throat or throat fart, which is often the case with a cold, may indicate cervical degenerative disc disease. That’s why it’s called a tricky disease. It is really perfectly camouflaged.
- Pain in the shoulder joint and numbness in the fingers. If on top of everything else you feel these two symptoms, it is better to immediately make an appointment with a specialist and be examined.
As you can see, osteochondrosis is not so easy to recognize in its early stages and can almost always be confused with any other disease. Although a properly selected pillow can never replace a full consultation with a specialist, it can help make your sleep better, because it is responsible for complete recovery from osteochondrosis.
Tips for Choosing
Orthopedic pillows can not be called a budget. More often than not, a good model costs accordingly. In order not to make a mistake in its choice, we recommend that you pay attention to the following factors.
- Shape.Pillows that help with osteochondrosis come in two forms: uniform and with separate sections. The latter usually have two rollers of different sizes so that they can be swapped.Then you can easily adjust the height of the pillow. A uniform pillow also has a roll, but without separate sections. It may be chosen by those who do not twist in their sleep and will not flip the pillow.
- Size.Standard sizes are 40×60, 50×30 or 50×70. And there is no such thing as the best pillow, but rather the right one. To choose, you need to measure the width of the shoulder from the protruding bone to the base of the neck. The size obtained will indicate the optimum height of the product.
- Stiffness.The ideal pillow for osteochondrosis should be of medium stiffness. Of course, there are also very hard and very soft models. The first ones do not let you relax in your sleep, and the second ones do not give you enough support to relax your neck.
- Filling.Latex pillows have a good memory effect and holes in them allow sufficient air circulation. There are also viscoelastic polyurethane foam pillows. They create the correct position of the neck during sleep and keep their original shape for a long time. Cooling gel cushions are also available. They are characterized by greater elasticity and density, and also please the absence of a specific smell. The gel repeats the curves of the vertebrae, relieving stress on the neck during sleep. Cushions with independent mini springs are made of soft metal and surrounded by polyurethane foam. They also change their shape irregularly, adapting perfectly to the individual curves of the body.
It is possible to speak for a long time about selection criteria, but it is better to show on real examples. Below you will find a rating of the best pillows for osteochondrosis.
The best pillows for cervical osteochondrosis
|The best pillows for cervical degenerative disc disease||1||TRELAX Respecta P05, 38 x 60 cm||5 877 €|
|2||EcoSapiens Memory Plus, 40 x 60 cm, height 13 cm||3 349 €|
|3||Trives T.511M (TOP-111), 32 x 49 cm||3 094 €|
|4||Magniflex Memoform Standard Classico, 42 x 72 cm, height 12 cm||14 400 €|
|5||Tempur Symphony (M), 43 x 63 cm, height 12.5 cm||26 030 €|
|6||Armed SeaGel, 32 x 50 cm, height 11 cm||1 990 €|
|7||Ormatec Aqua Prim, 36 x 61 cm, height 12 cm||6 480 €|
ace, 40 x 60 cm, height 14 cm
|3 958 €|
|9||Luomma LumF-516, 44 x 54 cm||4 356 €|
|10||Trives TOP-119, 32 x 50 cm, height 12.5 cm||2 500 €|
TRELAX Respecta P05, 38 x 60 cm
This product has long been a popular choice. The pillow is available in different roller sizes, and a removable cover is included. Allergy sufferers can also use this pillow, because it has hypoallergenic properties. Comfortable model provides the best head support and improves the quality of your sleep. The pillowcase is made of natural eucalyptus fiber and pleasantly surprises with antibacterial properties.
To get the right size for your cushion and to prevent disappointment. The difference in the height of the rollers, and you can choose the appropriate size in the table on the manufacturer’s website. According to users, after two weeks of sleeping on the pillow
- holds its shape;
- Firm enough;
- high quality materials;
- Covers can be removed and washed.
- high value.
EcoSapiens Memory Plus, 40 x 60 cm, height 13 cm
The pillow, beloved by many customers, is made of viscoelastic polyurethane foam of medium rigidity and holds his head well without causing allergies. It easily remembers the shape of the head and perfectly supports the neck during sleep. Although the kit includes a protective zippered cover, experts recommend wearing an additional pillowcase, which is also included. So the pillow and the original pillowcase will last longer. The pillow itself categorically can not be washed.
The pillow has two bolsters with a height of 11 and 13 cm. In the online space pillow
- moderately soft;
- memory effect;
- 2 covers included;
- clear instructions;
- innovative material Memory Foam.
- Takes at least two days to get used to it.
Trives T.511M (TOP-111), 32 x 49 cm
Anatomic form of this model effectively supports the curvature of the cervical spine. The two platens, which are 9 and 11 cm high, let you find the most comfortable height for yourself. It has everything for a perfect sleep: soft cotton cover, memory effect and breathable.
Many doctors recommend the Triwes pillow for full recovery during sleep and rest. Our experts liked that this model copes with a lot of problems. Among them: headaches, dizziness, fatigue, cervical spine pain, osteochondrosis, cervical rehabilitation after injuries and many others. Just because of the functionality it received a line in our rating.
- medium elasticity;
- eliminates headaches;
- which helps relieve fatigue in the shoulders and neck;
- Deeper sleeper.
- not detected.
Magniflex Memoform Standard Classico, 42 x 72 cm, height 12 cm
The orthopedic pillow has a classic shape and is perfect for sleeping in any position. You can sleep on your back, on your stomach, or on your side – whichever you choose, you’ll be comfortable either way. Unlike pillows with bolsters, this model does not need to get used to. Its only disadvantage – high price, but given such a convenience, and it ceases to be a disadvantage.
Comes with a removable cover that can be easily washed and dries quickly. the memory effect of the pillow helps it to adjust to the individual needs of each user. The pillow has also received the official status of a medical product, confirming its usefulness in Europe. We rated it for its versatility and habit-lessness.
- the innovative Memoform Airyform material;
- Gives a healthy and deep sleep from the first day;
- European certificate of quality.
- high cost.
Tempur Symphony (M), 43 x 63 cm, height 12.5 cm
Tempur Symphony soft pillow easily conforms to body shape and eliminates cervical pain. However, before buying it, it is better to test it: a large size will not suit everyone, nor will a medium size. At the heart of the product is a unique Tempur foam, the prototype of which was used to reduce the load on the spine during human spaceflight. This makes the majority of customers feel maximum relaxation and stop fidgeting in their sleep.
Our experts particularly liked the durability of this model. Review of an experienced buyer speaks for itself: “Surprisingly, in 9 years it has not sagged or deteriorated anywhere, just like new. It is the only pillow of its kind that pleased me. After a long period of use the pillow got into our rating for the majority of buyers.
- ergonomic shape;
- super soft material Tempur;
- Available in four sizes;
- for people of all body types and children.
- not found.
Armed SeaGel, 32 x 50 cm, height 11 cm
Comfortable pillow with cooling effect has two bolsters: 8 and 11 cm. It supports not only my head but my neck and spine while I sleep. Your sleep becomes healthier and deeper within the first days of use. The product is perfectly supplemented by the pillowcase made of soft material which can be easily removed and washed at low temperature.
Its special feature is a special gel. It has an increased thermal conductivity and does not let you overheat while you sleep. These pillows are especially relevant in hot summers, when the air temperature has a negative effect on sleep. With pillow from Armed you can forget about this problem. The memory foam pillow deservedly got into our rating for a wonderful cooling effect and anatomical shape.
- removable cover;
- easy care;
- hypoallergenic properties;
- the ability to choose the height;
- not found.
Ormatec Aqua Prim, 36 x 61 cm, height 12 cm
Just like the previous model in our rating, the pillow from Ormatec pleases users with a cooling effect. A special gel layer keeps you cool even on the hottest day. Due to the memory effect, the pillow quickly remembers the head position in which you used to sleep. It helps relieve any cervical pain sooner. The complete relaxation of the muscles has a positive effect on overall health and relieves symptoms of osteochondrosis.
The cushion has two covers: one non-removable and the second can be removed and washed. The material used for this pillow is famous for its high degree of wear resistance, elasticity and durability. For all these features and an excellent degree of thermal regulation pillow from Ormatec got in our rating of the best.
- proven brand;
- cooling effect;
- high wear resistance;
- knitted cover included.
- not found.
40 x 60 cm, height 14 cm
This pillow helps you relax in your sleep and breathe properly. Relaxation of muscles eliminates spasms and cramps, preventing or reducing the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. It is designed for sleeping on your stomach, which makes it ideal, because not everyone is ready to say goodbye to that habit when you buy an orthopedic pillow.
The combination of reasonable price and high quality makes this model even more attractive, and numerous reviews from satisfied customers confirm this fact. From the comments of an experienced buyer: “Before I had to put my arm under the pillow when falling asleep on my side, which made my arm stiff. But with this model it’s no longer necessary! The shape is thought out perfectly! I tried to lie on my old pillow and could not. For its optimal shape for falling asleep on your stomach, the pillow made it into our ranking of the best.
- relieves pain in the neck;
- unusual shape;
- small size;
- affordable price.
- not detected.
Trives TOP-119, 32 x 50 cm, height 12.5 cm
This model is perfect for sleeping on your back or on your side. The memory effect helps it quickly adjust to the individual shape of the head. Soft Touch material with increased softness and comfort, composed of many open-shaped cells. This gives the body complete relaxation during sleep and proper recovery of the cervical muscles.
The pillow comes in two sizes: M (12.5 cm) and L (14 cm). By choosing a size, you will ensure a physiologically correct position of your head and neck during sleep, which will make the deepest sleep possible. Getting used to the cushion is not so fast, because it has sufficient rigidity, but the effect is worth it. Trives TOP-119 quickly enough normalizes muscle tone and eliminates fatigue, for which the model was included in the rating of the best.
- a pleasant cotton cover;
- Improves blood flow;
- Excellent cervical strain relief;
- holds its original shape for a long time;
- not found.