*Editor’s Review of the Best. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Consultation with a specialist is required before purchase.
The use of self-smokes is a particular culture of smoking, which is now becoming more and more popular. Self-made cigarettes, with high-quality, properly selected tobacco and thin, specially produced for them paper is much “tastier” than store cigarettes.
But in order for self-made cigarettes bring pleasure, the choice of tobacco and other components should be approached responsibly. That’s why we’ve ranked the top 5 best manufacturers of paper for self-twisting.
How to choose a paper for samokrutok
When choosing a suitable material, you should pay attention to the following parameters:
- Shape (classic, with rounded corners, with a pocket);
- Material (cellulose, processed rice, from hemp fibers);
In terms of shapeThere are three types of paper for rolls – with a pocket, with rounded corners and classical. The first option is pre-made envelopes, ideal for beginners. You just fill up the tobacco in the paper pipe and use.
The variant with rounded corners is already more of an “amateur” solution. Such sheets are much easier to roll into a ready-to-use pipe than rectangles.
Finally, the classic paper for samokrutok is rectangular sheets. They are often sold as “booklets” which are easy to carry around. It requires a certain dexterity of fingers, so beginners should not recommend it. But it is much cheaper than other options because it is easier to make.
Materialdetermines not only the taste of the finished twist, but also the price, and even the convenience of winding.
- Cellulose sheets are the easiest and cheapest option. They do look unpresentable, though, and they also greatly affect the taste of the tobacco mixture and create quite a lot of ash.
- Paper made of hemp fibers (hemp paper) also affects the smell of tobacco mixture, but makes it soft and devoid of unpleasant aftertaste. In addition, thanks to the dense texture, it makes it easier to roll up the tube, and it does not tear at every convenient and inconvenient situation. It has one disadvantage – a relatively high price.
- But rice paper has no influence on the taste. It also ensures even smoldering. However, it is thin and tears very easily, so it is not good for beginners. It is also often counterfeited. There is always a watermark of the manufacturer on quality rice paper.
The size determines the actual size of the final roll. The most common are the following types:
- Single-Wide. Length up to 70 mm, width up to 36 mm. This is a little less than a standard cigarette, but it is worth considering that and the finished self-curl turns out much stronger than ready-made “smoking sticks”;
- Double-Wide. Length up to 70 mm, width up to 90 mm. With these sheets, you can make larger-than-usual self-smokes – as long as you have the right mouthpiece or filter, of course;
- 1 ¼. Length up to 78 mm, width up to 48 mm. This is already quite in line with standard cigarettes;
- 1 ½. Length up to 78 mm, width up to 62 mm. Similar to a standard cigarette, but the samokrut are about one and a half times thicker. However, you can wrap it twice, but why when you have 1 ¼?
- King Size. Length up to 105 mm, width up to 60 mm. For making really big twists.
For beginners, Single-Wide and 1 ¼ sizes are recommended. The rest are already worth trying depending on your taste preferences.
Flavoring– exclusively individual parameter. With flavored paper, the cigarette takes on a completely unusual flavor that can overpower the smell of the tobacco itself. Flavors come in many flavors-bubblegum, peach, etc.d.
It’s worth noting that no single type of twist paper makes smoking less harmful.
Rating of the best manufacturers of paper for self-circulation
|Rating of the best manufacturers of paper for rolls||1||Mascotte||4.9|
Why him: Premium quality, unique production technology and unusual materials.
Mascotte brand was created in the mid-19th century in the Netherlands and has since evolved into one of the largest manufacturers of various accessories for self-smokes, including paper. The assortment of the company includes several dozens of varieties of this material, but they all have similarities.
First, Mascotte twist paper is not made of classic wood pulp, but of vegetable textile, which is much softer and does not leave an unpleasant aftertaste. The organic versions are especially interesting – the raw materials for them are grown on private farms and are not treated with chemicals.
Secondly, instead of traditional syrup for gluing gum arabic is used. It does not add a characteristic sweetish flavor.
And finally, all paper is microperforated. This makes it much softer than its counterparts, easier to roll, does not affect the taste of the tobacco and provides an even smouldering.
Why it is: Cellulose paper that does not affect the flavor of the tobacco mixture.
Zig-Zag is best known for its liquorice-impregnated self-curl paper. This natural flavoring makes tobacco taste softer and sweeter. And thanks to its organic origin, it does not emit harmful substances when burned. It also has a distinctive dark brown, close to black color.
But it’s not just liquorice paper that Zig-Zag boasts. It also produces classic cellulose sheets of varying densities. In the range of the manufacturer you can find both thin and thick varieties. Due to the special techniques of the raw material it does not change the tobacco flavor during combustion and does not lead to a characteristic unpleasant aftertaste. In addition, the paper is non-glutinous, which increases safety and usability.
It’s also worth noting that Zig-Zag uses acacia sap to create a sticky layer – sticky, but without the sweet aftertaste.
Why it: Huge range, ultra-thin paper.
The Spanish brand Smoking is one of the oldest manufacturers of tissue paper in the rankings (and the world at the same time). The company was founded in the second half of the 19th century and has since developed a huge range of materials for amateur smokers. Now it produces more than two dozen varieties of paper, which, at the same time, have one important feature – small thickness.
Smoking paper so thin it’s almost transparent. Regardless of the material. The manufacturer produces both quite traditional types based on specially treated unbleached cellulose and modern ones, such as organic hemp fiber. However, wood-rice blends (such as Smoking Reg
- ar Blue) in the assortment line also has.
The producer has a “naturalness” philosophy, so there are no dyed or scented types. Only different raw material blends.
Why him: A German brand that seems to have created a near-perfect paper for self-smoking.
The German brand Angel cannot boast of a huge assortment and dozens of varieties of paper for rolls – as other manufacturers in the rating. It makes only one kind, but it’s been doing it for years, and it’s a favorite among smokers all over the world. It is presented, however, in two sizes – Reg
- ar, which is similar to Single Wide, and King Size, enlarged.
Despite the fact that Angel selfcurl paper is made of traditional vegetable cellulose, careful, almost “organic” processing of raw materials makes it tasteless, thin and tear-resistant to transparency, as well as self-extinguishing (no smoldering) and easy to use.
Thus, this paper is suitable even for demanding self-smoking enthusiasts. Also it has a relatively low price and a convenient classic package for storing and carrying.
Why him: Makes the thinnest leaf in the world.
French brand OCB is also not new to the market of accessories and “consumables” for smokers. The company has been around since 1918, so it recently celebrated its centennial. And at the same time delighted smokers with the release of the world’s thinnest paper. OCB grade
- It has a density of only 10 grams per square meter, so it is transparent and weightless. To make a roll out of it is a task for true professionals, because the material is made from cellulose of plant origin and therefore is quite fragile to tear. Nevertheless, due to the minimum thickness in the rating and the world at the same time, it does not affect the taste and flavor of tobacco at all.
Not only OCB, though
- What this manufacturer is known for. The range includes about two dozen varieties, including those made of linen and hemp organic fiber. No harmful chemicals are used in the production, the raw material is not bleached.