- How to Choose the Perfect Eye Shadow
- Rating of the best deluxe eye shadows
- Yves Saint Laurent COUTURE COLOR CLUTCH
- Huda Beauty Naughty Nude Eyeshadow Palette
- Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette
- Dior 5 Co eurs Couture Eyeshadow Palette, 769
- Urban Decay Naked Heat
- GIVENCHY Le 9 De Givenchy
- Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad
- Natasha Denona onze
*Our Editor’s Review of the Best Dry Shadows. Our Choice Criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement, and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Consult a professional before you buy.
Not everyone considers eye shadow to be an important part of makeup, but it can make you look glamorous and create depth. The right shades can quickly remove traces of fatigue in the corners of the eyes, effectively highlight the beautiful crease of the eyelid and create a unique background for the iris. Matte, pearlescent, cream, and dry-so figure out which one’s best for you? The rating of eye shadows, compiled by our experts, will not only introduce you to the brands, but also prompt you how to choose the right shadows.
How to Choose the Perfect Eye Shadow
When you’re shopping, your eyes are so wide open that the most important thing is the color of the eyeshadow. In fact, there are many other points to consider when buying this type of cosmetics:
- consistency. Creamy eye shadows, for instance, are easy to apply with your fingers, and a small tube can fit easily into a purse. They quickly and easily fall flat on your eyelid, so you can always quickly touch up your makeup throughout the day. They can be used both on their own and as a base for dry eye shadow. The latter are more of a classic, but no less attractive option. You will need a special brush to apply them. The advantage of dry eyeshadows is that they make eyelids look more voluminous. You can experiment with shading, creating a beautiful haze and unique transitions of several colors, each of which will literally melt into each other.
- Composition– one of the main criteria in choosing shadows, especially if you have sensitive skin. Before buying, it is worth finding out whether the eye shadows contain caring ingredients. If you’re prone to allergies or skin irritations, it’s better to use mineral shadows. they are absolutely harmless and created exclusively on the basis of natural components. They are also suitable for those who wear contact lenses.
- Packaging– Depends on the purpose of purchase. If you’re planning on doing makeup at home, you can opt for a larger palette. Then you have all the colors you need and complete freedom of experimentation at your fingertips. For work and long trips it is better to look for compact shadows. These often come with small brushes, so you can easily apply eyeliner at the airport, on the train, at the hotel, and so on. You only need to check the quality of the lock, otherwise the packaging can open and the shadows can crumble on things in your purse.
- The color type.In the shade palette, all positions are divided into warm and cool. There are no hints for choosing, but for a successful makeup look it is worth knowing your color type and which shades will suit you best. Then in the store you are unlikely to have trouble choosing a color scheme.
Makeup using shadows is the easiest way to visually increase the size of your eyes and make them expressive, but there are stillA few tips to avoid possible mistakes in application:
- The loose shadows are not suitable for those who wear contact lenses, as they often shatter.
- Shimmering shadows should not be chosen for age makeup, otherwise you can only make it worse. Every wrinkle will begin to shine brightly and draw attention.
- Shadows come in medium and long-lasting colors. Because the longer they last, the more expensive they tend to be, don’t buy long-lasting shades if you don’t use them all the time. It is also advisable to monitor the expiration date, as shadows can irritate the eyes afterwards.
- If you have no experience in applying shadows, and you need to come to an event with perfect makeup, it is still better to buy dry shadows. Liquid ones are quick drying and you can’t apply them beautifully without proper experience. Dry products blend perfectly into the stretch, and most importantly, mistakes with them are easier to correct.
If you want the shade to lay perfectly,Buy the palette that suits your skin type.Let’s figure out how to define it:
- Wintergirl.Our most popular color type is pale skin and dark hair. Their eyes can be quite expressive even without makeup, but because of the high contrast of skin and hair color, still a little expressiveness is missing on the face. Then you can buy a palette of cool shades and make your look deeper. It is better to choose a nude lipstick. Copper shades of eye shadows can be used as a warm shade for this type, but you have to be careful: if applied incorrectly, they can make your makeup look dirty.
- Spring Girl. Despite less contrast, this color type is just as beautiful as any other. Smoky Eyes with transitions of warm colors will perfectly emphasize the peculiarities of a spring girl. Shimmers look especially spectacular on them. You could play with the volume of the eyelid, and also apply shimmer to the inner corners of the eyes, giving them an unprecedented shine.
- Summer Girl. The summer color type usually refers to delicate blondes and fiery brunettes with blue, green and grey eyes. They all share the same pale skin tone, and a palette of cooler shades: blue, black, gray, and cool brown can help beautify the eyes. You can dilute your makeup with metallic shimmers.
- Autumn Girl . The last color type refers to redheads and brunettes. The skin color does not matter much: you can be pale or even swarthy, but the eyes are more likely to be green, brown, or copper. The cool colors of the palette can make an autumn girl’s face look old in a flash, so it’s better to use warm colors, like matte brown pigments.
Rating of the best deluxe eye shadows
|Rating of the best deluxe eyeshadows||1||Yves Saint Laurent COUTURE COLOR CLUTCH||7540 €|
|2||Huda Beauty Naughty Nude Eyeshadow Palette||6700 €|
|3||Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette||4175 €|
|4||Dior 5 Co||4780 €|
|5||Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette||4290 €|
|6||Urban Decay Naked Heat||5140 €|
|7||GIVENCHY Le 9 De Givenchy||5170 €|
|8||Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad||6800 €|
|9||Natasha Denona |
Yves Saint Laurent COUTURE COLOR CLUTCH
The popular Italian palette is distinguished by unprecedented generosity of the manufacturer. 20 gr of shadows only, i.e. 2 gr for each refill. According to many buyers, that’s a lot compared to its counterparts. Everything is attractive: stylish and high-quality package, long shelf life (24 months) and bright pigments. 10 luxurious shades included in the palette in different textures: matte, shimmering, satin and glitter.
Smooth saturated coverage graces any girl’s look. The palette also contains shades of pink often used in daytime makeup. Add powerful violet pigment to your look. Our experts have analyzed a lot of reviews and noticed that in Yves Saint Laurent COUTURE COLOR CLUTCH all shades are used, unlike many others where often only half of. It’s the practicality of the product that got into the best shadows rating.
- look beautiful and expensive;
- A large, comfortable mirror;
- staying power up to 8 hours;
- silky texture.
- none to be found
Huda Beauty Naughty Nude Eyeshadow Palette
The design of the palette differs visually from the previous products of the brand. There are no more beautiful eyes in the design, the only inscription “Naughty” was added. There are 18 different shades in the collection, which can be easily blended with the fingers and a soft brush. The variety of textures can not but please: there are 8 matte pigments reminiscent of velvet, 5 shades of metallic, 3 marble refiles for bright evening shimmer, and some more interesting shades with berry-bronze pearl.
The palette is also distinguished by one interesting shade which looks like gel with small lumps inside. Its name is “S
- colors complement each other;
- saturated pigments;
- wet effect.
- It’s the one that holds up worse than the rest.
Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette
Charlotte Tilbury is a famous British cosmetics brand. It was launched way back in 2013 by makeup artist Charlotte Tilberry. Today she is the dream of any popular star, because she knows everything about how to make a luxurious makeup. Not surprisingly, her products are also unprecedentedly popular and trusted. The company produces not only decorative cosmetics and skincare products, but also products that can be attributed to both.
On the store shelves the eye catches the palette of eye shadows at once: the high quality plastic is pleasant to the touch, and the expiration date of 30 months is a joy for those who are used to often experiment with makeup. The palm-sized packaging is cherry-colored and closes to a click. According to customer reviews, it has never crumbled in my purse, and a convenient mirror in the kit helps to paint even on the road. The only downside is the lack of brushes and sponges, but the shadows are so high quality that this fact has not affected their popularity. They transfer perfectly to the brush and give off color, for which the palette was included in the top resource ranking and in our top shadows rating.
- universal shades;
- 4 shades of 5 grams of eye shadows.
- Packaging is shiny, fingerprints are visible.
Dior 5 Co
eurs Couture Eyeshadow Palette, 769
The well-known brand specializes in cosmetics with decorative and caring effect. Its products have long been appreciated by professional makeup artists, because the high-quality pigments and pleasant texture of Anastasia Beverly Hills shadows help to please even the most demanding clients. This palette stands out for its brightness, but good pigmentation can hurt beginners. Still, this makeup is designed more for professionals or a “chiseled hand”. Otherwise, through inexperience, you can make spots, poorly shading the shade.
There are 14 different shadows in the pack, mostly with matte refills, but there’s also a satin and a couple of metallic tones. Our experts hold the opinion that this is the perfect palette for those who confidently use bright pigments and confidently blend the strongest of them. For its eye-catching quality colors, it made it into our rating of the best eyeshadows, as well as the best .
- beautiful bright shades;
- Travel-friendly packaging;
- are well conveyed by the fingers and brush;
- intense pigment without a base.
- many similar colors;
- Not suitable for beginners.
Urban Decay Naked Heat
The 12 new shades of the famous brand have quickly blew up the sales, because the pallet contains shades for any occasion: neutral nudes, 4 shining refills, matte and metallic colors. And even everyone’s favorite bronzer is also included in the set. This palette can be called a fashionista’s dream. With it you can make makeup from office to bright holiday makeup, and the long shelf life (2 years) will allow you to use each refill to the maximum.
From a service comment: “My Naked Smoky palette is 1 year 8 months old – the pigments are in perfect condition. The eye shadows are long-lasting on the eyes even without a base and can last up to 8 hours. Even in hot weather, they’re more resistant than many of their counterparts. Warm browns, fiery reds, coppers and ochres – all these gorgeous shades caught the eye of our experts, and that’s why the palette was included in the rating of the best.
- Product weight is 15,6 g;
- large mirror;
- synthetic brush;
- warm summer colors;
- High quality magnet case.
- Not found.
GIVENCHY Le 9 De Givenchy
Part of the French brand’s philosophy has long been the image of actress Audrey Hepburn, whose grace inspires beautiful images. This was evident in all Givenchy products, including the shadow collections. This palette was the perfect combination of shades for totally different looks. It includes satin, glitter, metallic and matte pigments, 9 colors in all, capable of accentuating any beauty’s look.
Buyers love the fact that they can choose their own version: browns and delicate peaches, warm palettes with natural beiges and golden brown that plays beautifully against the matte black, etc.d. The collection even has emerald shades and muted refills for smoky effects. The colors of the palette are associated with sophistication and luxury. For the infinity of color combinations our experts chose the shadows in the rating of the best.
- eccentric shades;
- 5 different palettes;
- presence of highlighters in refills.
- not found.
Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad
The incredibly soft texture of the four-color eyeshadow makes the shadows stand out in a big way. The palette contains shimmering evening shades and warm tones will effectively highlight green eyes. The rich pigments mascara gently with both fingers and a brush, but for a more permanent effect, it is better to use a base. Without it, the shade may fade after 8 hours. The set includes two applicators, so you can apply makeup on the road or at work.
All the shades of the palette can be layered, shimmering in bright light. It also comes with a case which can be used to wipe palette from fingerprints. Our experts ranked it as the best for its high pigmentation compression.
- stylish packaging;
- Lasts for up to 5-6 hours;
- 10 palette variations.
- high cost.