- How to choose the right massager: tips and criteria
- 6 best neck massagers for osteochondrosis
- Marutaka Physio Neck
- Yamaguchi Yoki
- Medisana NM 860
- Ergonova FeelNeck 3 Plus
- Gezatone IRelax AMG395
- BOGE premium neck and shoulder massager
- Advantages of
*Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement, and is not intended as a guide to purchase. You should consult with a professional before buying.
Osteochondrosis is a natural consequence of keeping the neck in one position for a long time. From the disease affects more often people who are forced to spend a long time at the computer, over documents or other papers, as well as behind the wheel. Treatment of pathology must be comprehensive, and massage – one of the important components of the therapy scheme.
Massage sessions can be performed not only in a specialized clinic. The use of massagers is practiced at home, and is suitable for both the treatment and prevention of osteochondrosis. We have compiled useful doctor’s recommendations for purchasing and using the devices in question. And to make it easier for you to choose, our team compiled a rating of the best massagers for neck osteochondrosis.
How to choose the right massager: tips and criteria
Massagers have their own classification and have different design features. To buy exactly the product that will help relieve discomfort in the neck area with osteochondrosis, be guided by these rules of choice:
- According to the method of action. Most devices are made in the form of a collar, which is placed on the neck, completely covering the problem area. It is adjusted with straps, and thanks to them, it is securely fixed in the treated area. The collar massager may be a roller massager (or percussion massager) or a pulse massager. There are instruments that combine both types of neck massage at the same time. Percussion massager features rollers that perform massage movements approximating those performed by a masseur in a clinic. Pulsed (electrical) devices produce a vibration effect. During the procedure, the process of working through the tissues itself is hardly felt, but the electrical impulses at the same time stimulate blood circulation and metabolism.
- Power and type of power.The devices can operate independently (battery) or from the mains. The first type is good for traveling, the second one is good for regular home use. As for power, give your preference to those with the highest rating. Especially since these massagers, as a rule, and the functionality is much broader than that of less powerful counterparts. Also note that the power of vibromassagers is inherently inferior to that of roller products.
- Additional Options. Modes, speeds, infrared rays with tissue heating – these auxiliary functions are important and useful. Buy the device with the greatest functionality to get the best results in the treatment and prevention of osteochondrosis of the neck.
The massagers provide relaxation, regeneration of tissues, stimulation of microcirculation and lymphatic circulation. Under their influence tissue trophicity improves, pain, discomfort and stiffness in the neck region are relieved. Regular massages should be done at home, as single treatments will not give the expected results.
6 best neck massagers for osteochondrosis
After studying the opinions of massage therapists, chiropractors and doctors, we have developed a rating of massagers that help improve the health of cervical vertebrae and eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of osteochondrosis. We take user feedback into account.
|6 best neck massagers for osteochondrosis||1||Marutaka Physio Neck||5.0|
|3||Medisana NM 860||4.8|
|4||Ergonova FeelNeck 3 Plus||4.7|
|5||Gezatone IRelax AMG395||4.6|
|6||BOGE premium neck and shoulder massager||4.5|
Marutaka Physio Neck
Topping the list is the Marutaka brand at home physiotherapy unit. The massager is specially designed for complete impulse and electrical stimulation of the neck tissues and vertebrae. Additionally the product has a Push and p function
- Convenient and versatile functionality;
- professional massage;
- ease of use and management of the massager;
- the effectiveness of the treatment of osteochondrosis;
- eliminating headaches;
- hypoallergenic material;
- low power;
- Deep muscle and tissue massage;
- Relieves pain, stiffness of movement and inflammation;
- Relaxation effect is achieved from the first minutes of massage;
- the possibility of choosing the intensity and mode of operation of the device;
- use for the neck, shoulders, hips and lower back
- The anatomic shape of the product;
- 12 months warranty.
- No autonomous mode of operation;
- Comprehensive effect on joints and tissues;
- Possibility of use for the treatment of different parts of the body;
- Convenient and easy to use control unit;
- Hypoallergenic material;
- Safe and relaxing massage;
- analgesic effect;
- Warming the muscles and tissues of the cervical collar zone.
- Not too much functionality.
- Comfortable and secure fixation;
- relaxing, pain-relieving, edema-relieving and tension-relieving;
- Warming the muscles and deep cervical tissues;
- The possibility of using it to massage different parts of the body;
- affordable cost;
- self-contained operation mode.
- the battery power runs out quickly;
- It is not recommended to use the massager for more than 15 minutes.
- ergonomic shape;
- Relief of tension, pain, discomfort in the neck area;
- suitable for full body massage;
- works both mains-operated and self-contained;
- Unpleasant symptoms disappear after 10 minutes of massage;
- Has a car adapter.
- not very convenient control panel;
- after 10 minutes of work it is necessary to turn off the device for half an hour;
- not all customers are satisfied with the price of the product.
- Stimulates blood circulation, normalizes blood pressure;
- relaxes and fights neck discomfort
- Suitable for full body massage;
- eliminates stiffness in muscles and joints;
- Convenience and ease of use.
- short life;
- Cannot be used longer than 10-15 minutes in a row.
Japanese professional massager can fully replace massage sessions in the doctor’s office. It helps combat symptoms of cervical spine osteochondrosis, spinal curvature, circulatory disorders, cephalgia and cervicogenic headache (CCH). It is useful to use the device with intervertebral hernia.
The masseur can work in 4 modes. The first mode allows you to achieve pain relief through electrical stimulation of the muscles of the neck. The second function – pulse massage, which is useful for degenerative changes in the cervical spine, osteochondrosis and intervertebral hernia. The third mode provides dynamic stretching to stimulate blood circulation and restore the healthy curvature of the neck. The fourth function is heat therapy, which relaxes the muscles.
The device has a convenient control system and is equipped with a display. Operates both cordlessly and electrically. If necessary, you can set the duration of massage, using a timer. And for greater ease and comfort when using the product comes with a remote control. The power of the device is 12 W, the warranty is provided for 1 year.
The second place is taken by the cervical area massager from the Japanese company Yamaguchi Yoki. Made in the form of a collar, made of hypoallergenic, soft fabric. The device has a 3D mechanism that provides maximum muscle grip and deep muscle stimulation. Special fixation devices ensure reliable fixation of the massager on the cervical collar spine.
During the massage you can vary the strength and intensity of the device. The product operates in 3 modes – slow, medium and fast. An additional function of the device is the heating of the tissues and muscles of the cervical region, which eliminates pain, inflammation and discomfort.
The well-designed design of the massager also allows it to be used for working the lumbar area and hips. The patient can change the massage program (a total of 2) and the direction of the massage rollers. Power of the device – 24 watts, it operates only from the mains.
Medisana NM 860
In rheumatism, osteochondrosis and radiculitis well proven universal massager from the company Medisana. In our rating it takes the third position, and is characterized by ease of use, reliability and ability to use for treatment of cervical-collar area, calves, hips and lower back.
On the massage zone of the device are four heads, which carry out massage movement. They work the muscles and joints, relieving pain and stiffness in the problem area. Soft tissue heating helps reduce feelings of fatigue and relieves inflammation and tissue swelling.
Massager works in standalone mode on batteries, but it can also be connected to the mains. Hypoallergenic and soft material ensures safe use of the device. The effectiveness of the massager for osteochondrosis and neck pain confirmed by customer reviews.
Ergonova FeelNeck 3 Plus
Inexpensive universal massager for neck and shoulders Ergonova we placed on the fourth line in our top. The product is made in the form of a collar, with locks that securely fasten it to the body. The versatility is another characteristic of the device. It can be used for massaging other areas – hips, lower back, calf.
The device has a built-in heating function, which allows you to increase blood circulation, remove tissue swelling and inflammation. a set of massage rollers (8 pieces) makes the massage more deep and effective. During the procedure, muscles, ligaments and tissues of the neck are warmed up, and the relaxation effect is achieved.
Three-dimensional relaxation is ensured by four massage nodes. The principle of the procedure resembles a manual massage session, so it is very comfortable and completely painless. In just 15 minutes, as reported by users, there is a noticeable improvement in well-being, eliminating pain and tension in the neck. The device can be used daily.
Gezatone IRelax AMG395
Roller massager for relaxation and fatigue relief is in the penultimate, fifth place in the ranking. The product features affordable price, comfortable shape and durable, safe material. Buyers note that the Taiwanese massager is durable, and does not require special care.
The product combines the best qualities of a massage cushion for the neck and a portable device for full body massage. Thanks to this, it is advisable to use it to work the muscles and joints of the lower back, legs, torso. Rotating rollers stimulate blood circulation and eliminate lymphostasis. They knead muscles and warm them up, while removing stagnant fluid in the tissues.
Infrared radiation has analgesic and antispasmodic effect. Its ergonomic shape gives maximum relaxing massage effect.
The unit operates from the mains power supply, but in the kit also comes with a car adapter. Therefore, you can use the massager even on the road. Power of the device – 24 W.
BOGE premium neck and shoulder massager
On the last line of the top we have placed a multifunctional device, suitable for massaging the neck, shoulders and other parts of the body. Universal product has an ergonomic shape and a wide range of functions. As customers note, the device is easy to use and can be taken with you on the road.
Powered by electricity or car adapter. It has no autonomous power supply.
The massager performs movements, as close as possible in principle to the professional manual massage. It has 24 Watt power, can be used by adults and children (under the supervision of an older person).
The device is suitable for relaxing, healing, analgesic massage. The vibration effect is provided by the rollers, which rotate and thus stimulate metabolic processes in the tissues of the neck. The product can be used in the treatment of osteochondrosis and to prevent its development.
Massage for osteochondrosis helps improve the quality of life and strengthen the cervical vertebrae. To stabilize the condition and avoid another relapse of the disease, use the home massager regularly, at least 3 times a week, and the results will not keep you waiting.