- The principle of action of shampoos for psoriasis
- How to use shampoos from psoriasis on the head
- 11 best shampoos for psoriasis on the head
- Vichy DERCOS PSOlution
- Skin-cup shampoo
- Ducray Kelual DS
- HIPERTIN NECURE Dandruff Control (vegan)
- DermoACM OIL CUTE SECCA
- Keto Plus
- CARTALIN Shampoo
- Shampoo 911+ Zinc Shampoo for seborrhea, psoriasis, dandruff
- Mirrolla Sulsen Forte with ketoconazole
- Psorilome Zn-balance shampoo
*Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before buying requires consultation with a specialist.
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disease characterized by alternating phases of remission and exacerbation. The pathology can affect different areas of the body and, unfortunately, it is not uncommon for it to appear on the scalp. Itching, pain, flaking and burning are not all dermatological symptoms. But even they are enough to significantly worsen the quality of life of a person.
Ointments and creams for psoriasis on the head are not very popular. Instead, doctors recommend giving preference to shampoos, which work gently, have a combined composition and do not have an aggressive effect on damaged skin. If you are faced with the problem of psoriasis on the head, we will tell you how shampoo works, and which brands of cosmeceuticals are the most popular among doctors and patients.
The principle of action of shampoos for psoriasis
Preparations for topical use in psoriatic lesions of the scalp belong to the category of cosmeceutical products. They have the property to have both therapeutic and caring effects.
Antipsoriatic shampoos are deservedly popular because they can:
- Relieve skin itching and irritation;
- Take away the burning and hyperemia;
- Combat flaking and soggy plaques on the surface of the epidermis of the head;
- Prevention of mycosis of the scalp;
- gently exfoliate keratinized particles of the epidermis;
- have a regenerating and wound-healing effect;
- Cleanse the hair and scalp of impurities;
- boost local immunity;
- strengthen the strands and prevent them from splitting and falling out.
Psoriasis shampoos have a great advantage over ointments and creams. They are easily washed off and do not leave behind a sticky film, and creams and ointments have a dense consistency, poorly distributed on the skin, “catching” the strands, remove the remains of the drug, even with a shampoo is very difficult.
How to use shampoos from psoriasis on the head
To treat an inflammatory dermatological condition effectively and safely at the same time, follow these rules:
- Read the instructions before applying the product. Some shampoos tend to give sediment, so the bottle should be shaken well before using the product.
- Most shampoos are applied to clean, damp hair. So first wash your hair with an ordinary hair care product, and only then switch to the cosmeceutical product. But be aware that there are some shampoos that need to be applied only to dry strands, although they are quite rare.
- Using the medicated suspension, apply it to the areas where the papular rash is most intense. Be sure to massage the mixture gently into the epidermis of the head – so it is absorbed faster and works better. Do not rub the skin or scratch it with your nails. Shampoo only with the pads of your fingers.
- Let the mixture soak for 5-7 minutes and then rinse off with plenty of water. If necessary, reapply, but no more than two times per session.
- Use shampoo 2-3 times a week. The total course of therapy is 14 days, after which the frequency of application of the drug should be reduced to once a week.
- After washing your hair, don’t blow-dry it, let it dry naturally.
- Do not forget that over time the body can become accustomed to certain active ingredients in the shampoo. Therefore, products for the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp should be changed regularly by buying products with a different formula.
11 best shampoos for psoriasis on the head
Choosing a shampoo from psoriasis – a responsible task, which must be taken very seriously. Based on patient feedback and feedback from dermatologists, we have ranked the best and most effective products that help eliminate the symptoms of an unpleasant disease.
|The 11 best shampoos for psoriasis on the head||1||Vichy DERCOS PSOlution||5.0|
|3||Ducray Kelual DS||4.8|
|6||DermoACM OIL CUTE SECCA||4.5|
|9||Shampoo 911+ Zinc Shampoo for seborrhea, psoriasis, dandruff||4.2|
|10||Mirrolla Sulsen Forte with ketoconazole||4.1|
|11||Psorilome Zn-balance shampoo||4.0|
Vichy DERCOS PSOlution
Opening our rating is a therapeutic shampoo from the brand Vichy. A keratoretic beauty product designed to reduce flaking, eliminate dandruff, inflammation, and scalp irritation. Tested and clinically tested and approved by the Association of Dermatologists.
PSOlution is a special formula for treating the symptoms of psoriasis and preventing relapse. The composition of the shampoo is supplemented with salicylic acid and urea, thanks to which the peeling disappears and the discomfort disappears instantly. The product is hypoallergenic, suitable for all hair and scalp types. Contains no silicones and parabens, fragrances and synthetic dyes.
The shampoo can be used by men and women of different age categories. Already after the first application of the therapeutic mass, reduction of flaky areas, disappearance of itching and burning is noted. Glycerin helps to soften the epidermis and eliminate discomfort.
The shampoo is applied to damp hair with light massaging movements. Sustain it for 2 minutes, then rinse with running water at a comfortable temperature.
- Clinical trials, quality and safety certificate;
- natural formula without synthetic additives;
- Hypoallergenic composition;
- easy to apply thanks to the dispenser;
- Economical consumption;
- anti-inflammatory, anti-itching, properties.
A safe and effective remedy for psoriasis on the scalp ranks second in our rating. Due to the mild organic formula, shampoo is approved for use by pregnant women and young children.
This shampoo is often prescribed by dermatologists for the treatment of psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis in adult patients and children over 1 year old. The product has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, soothing and anti-fungal properties. Do not use it more than 2-3 times a week for 5 weeks.
The effect of the treatment is already visible after the first application. Reduces itching and burning, reduces the intensity of scaling, reduces swelling and redness of the scalp tissue. The shampoo can be used alone or together with skin care products. After the application of the composition to keep on the surface of the epidermis no longer than 5 minutes.
In their reviews, customers note the effectiveness and safety of the cosmeceutical product. However, there are known cases of hypersensitivity reactions, so before starting active use of the shampoo, it is recommended to conduct a home allergy test and consult a doctor.
- Efficiency and safety;
- natural composition;
- Can be used for seborrheic dermatitis;
- It is allowed to use by pregnant women and children;
- Destruction of pathogenic bacteria and fungi;
- Positive effect after the first use of the shampoo.
- high cost;
- May cause an allergic reaction.
Ducray Kelual DS
Shampoo for psoriasis, which is located on the third position in the top, has a mild exfoliating properties. It softens psoriatic crusts and ensures their gentle separation from the scalp without damaging it. In parallel, the product soothes the epidermis, relieves itching and burning, fights inflammation and hyperemia.
Medicated shampoo has almost no negative reviews. In their feedback, buyers note the cleansing and soothing properties of the product, its dense consistency and light foaming. The price corresponds to the quality of the product.
Product designed to combat scalp seborrhea. In psoriasis, it is used as a complex remedy, since it not only removes unpleasant symptoms, but also provides proper care for the strands. Consumers note the safety and hypoallergenicity of the shampoo, but it should not be used to treat children and pregnant women. The product is also not suitable for daily use, as it can be addictive.
- The economical use of the shampoo;
- Softens the scalp and exfoliates dead skin particles;
- treatment and care;
- Shampoo foams well and easily distributes to the skin;
- prolonged effect;
- elimination of inflammation, peeling and itching.
- can be addictive.
Nizoral – a therapeutic shampoo used to treat fungal infection of the scalp. HIPERTIN is a great product for psoriatic epidermis, as it is able to remove plaques and peeling. The cosmeceutical product is the fifth in our top list.
The active ingredient is ketoconazole. It is an antimycotic compound that fights both the fungus and the spores. Judging by the reviews of patients, after the first use the shampoo gives a noticeable result in the fight against seborrheic psoriasis. Reduces the intensity of unpleasant symptoms and the peeling of the skin.
Nizoral is suitable for use as a standalone medication, and in combination with other drugs. The frequency of use depends on the specific diagnosis and the severity of the disease. Before you start using – read the instructions for it.
- scalp cleansing;
- Elimination of dandruff and psoriasis symptoms;
- Can be combined with other medicines;
- Antifungal activity;
- Can be used not only for washing the head, but also for treatment of other affected areas of the body.
- dries the hair;
- Prohibited for use in children under 12 years of age.
DermoACM OIL CUTE SECCA
The sixth place in our top list is taken by the Italian dandruff and seborrheic psoriasis shampoo. The product belongs to the unisex category – suitable for both women and men.
The cosmeceutical product contains only natural substances. Neem, Burdock, Tea Tree and Ginseng oils, have a soothing, anti-inflammatory and firming effect. Under their influence, the work of the sebaceous glands is normalized, which allows to eliminate the dryness of the epidermis of the head and remove peeling.
Active ingredients purify and refresh the skin, support the health of your locks, give them shine and elasticity. The product passed clinical trials, and was approved by the association of dermatologists. Sulfates, parabens, silicones and other harmful additives are absent in the product.
- all-natural formula;
- Hair care combined with the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp;
- Fighting dry dandruff and preventing its appearance;
- Absence of harmful impurities in the composition;
- affordable cost;
- Suitable for regular and long-term use.
- May need to wash your head again after the initial shampoo application.
The seventh place in the top we gave to the Indian product Keto Plus, which contains zinc pyrithione in combination with ketoconazole. The combination of these ingredients provides anti-fungal, soothing, anti-inflammatory effects.
After application of the shampoo a cooling effect is noted. The product gently cleanses the scalp, removing impurities, excess subcutaneous fat and keratinized epidermal particles. Continuous use of the product heals wounds and microcracks, eliminates itching and hyperemia of the scalp.
Ketoconazole fights pathogenic microorganisms – bacteria and fungus. Therefore, the product can be used both for therapeutic and preventive purposes to prevent the development of mycosis of the scalp, provoked by yeast-like fungi and dermatophytes. Zinc pyrithione removes scaling and soothes the epidermis.
It is recommended to use balms and masks in addition to Keto Plus shampoo. They will soften the strands and provide moisture, because the components of the shampoo have a pronounced drying effect.
- economical consumption;
- convenient dispenser;
- The symptoms of psoriasis disappear after the first wash;
- No fragrances or dyes in the composition;
- Antimicrobial and antimycotic action;
- Reduction of epidermis greasiness.
- Dries out hair and can cause it to fall out;
- Hypersensitivity reactions may develop.
The product for the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp and the prevention of dandruff is ranked eighth in the top list. The product contains a balanced combination of herbal ingredients, anti-inflammatory and cleansing additives of natural origin and moisturizing ingredients. The product is biphasic, it is applied in two steps.
Step 1 – shampoo with anti-inflammatory and exfoliating activity. It stimulates regenerative processes and restores the barrier function of the skin. This results in a reduction of dryness and itching of the scalp, discomfort and irritation of the epidermis.
Step 2 – shampoo, which provides purification and refreshment of the scalp. It restores the structure of hair, leaving strands shiny and smooth. Active substances of plant origin potentiate the therapeutic effect of the shampoo “Step 1” and prolong the effect achieved.
The shampoo can be used both on dry and wet hair. Each bottle is equipped with a dispenser and has a volume of 150 ml.
- Two-phase shampoo for the treatment of psoriasis and care of the strands;
- anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, antiseptic and exfoliating effect;
- vegetable formula supplemented with vitamins;
- Safety and hypoallergenicity;
- Can be used for a long time.
- is not a drug, belongs to the category of dietary supplements for local use.
Shampoo 911+ Zinc Shampoo for seborrhea, psoriasis, dandruff
Shampoo based on zinc, which solves the problem of psoriasis and dandruff, we placed in ninth place in the rating. Intended for regular use by people with a tendency to seborrhea. The product eliminates itching and flaking, soothes the skin and relieves irritation. It is suitable for all hair types and can be used by both men and women.
Zinc pyrithione is the active ingredient of the shampoo 911+, which reduces the renewal activity of skin cells. The component has antifungal and antimicrobial action, additionally regulates the activity of sebaceous glands. Using the shampoo for a long time allows you to return the strands of natural shine and eliminate the separation of the hair tips.
The shampoo is available in bottles made of tinted plastic. The bottle has a dispenser that closes tightly with a cap. The mild and natural formula of the product does not cause changes in the pH balance of the scalp and does not cause damage to the dermis. The product is approved for everyday washing of the head.
- zinc as an active ingredient;
- elimination of itching and flaking;
- Treatment and prevention of psoriasis of the scalp and seborrheic dermatitis;
- destruction of pathogenic bacteria and fungi;
- Reduces the greasiness of the scalp;
- affordable price.
- poor foaming;
Mirrolla Sulsen Forte with ketoconazole
Shampoo with antifungal activity of the brand is the tenth position in the top. He received a lot of positive feedback from patients, who note the elimination of unpleasant symptoms after the first use of the remedy. Ketoconazole belongs to the group of antimycotic elements. But it is also able to fight the manifestations of psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis and hyperkeratosis of the scalp.
Under the influence of the active ingredients of the shampoo the epidermis is softened. Thanks to this, psoriatic scales easily detach from the skin without damaging it.
An additional component of the drug is selenium sulfate. It belongs to the anti-infective elements and fights pathogenic yeast fungi. In parallel, the substance strengthens the local immunity.
The shampoo has good detergent and cleansing properties. It spreads easily through the hair and instantly foams up, removing impurities and excess sebum. When observing the rules of use the product does not dry out the hair.
- elimination of dandruff;
- Relieving symptoms of psoriasis;
- Maintenance of healthy hair;
- Supply of the scalp with nutrients;
- antifungal activity;
- low consumption.
- uncomfortable bottle;
- The shampoo leaves stains on clothes.
Psorilome Zn-balance shampoo
Closes our rating of the best shampoos from dandruff Psorilom means with zinc. It has soothing, anti-inflammatory, drying and cooling effect. It combats the manifestations of psoriasis, eliminates dandruff and regulates the sebaceous glands. The country of origin – Russia.
Zinc pyrithione reduces the production of sebum, thus removing excessive greasiness of the hair and scalp. Fights pathogenic microorganisms, stimulates tissue regeneration and wound healing.
Climbazole, as another active ingredient, is an antifungal compound. It neutralizes fungal activity and suppresses the growth of spores, fighting seborrheic psoriasis and dermatitis. Panthenol and menthol, which complement the shampoo formula, soothes inflammation and irritation of the epidermis.
The product has a medium consistency, and comes in a sturdy 150 ml bottle. The mixture has a pleasant fresh scent, cleanses hair thoroughly and foams up well. The shampoo is intended for continuous use only, after which a break is mandatory.
- Complex therapeutic and preventive action;
- hair and scalp care;
- regulation of sebum production;
- optimal consistency;
- pleasant aroma.
- Climbazole can be addictive;
- The effect is only visible during the course of treatment.
Before buying psoriasis shampoo, be sure to visit your dermatologist or trichologist. You can choose together with a specialist the product which will be most effective in your case.