- Causes of dry skin
- What vitamins are good for your skin
- Rating of vitamins for dry skin
- The best single vitamins for dry skin
- Solgar Natural Vitamin E, 200 IU
- Source Naturals Vitamin A 10,000 IU
- Now Foods Biotin, 1000 mcg
- The best vitamin complexes for dry skin
- Nature’s Way, A ve! For hair, skin and nails
- Merz Special
- 21st Century Hair, Skin and Nails, Extra Strength
- Alphabet Cosmetic
- Complivit Shine
If the body lacks vitamins, the skin begins to signal this with dryness, rashes, pallor or redness, as well as early geriatric signs. It’s almost impossible to get the optimal amount of nutrients with food alone. The problem of hypovitaminosis must be fought comprehensively: a balanced diet, use of pharmacy vitamins, use cosmetics containing vitamin formulas.
Causes of dry skin
Human skin is protected from losing valuable moisture because of the thin, lipid film on its surface that is formed by the dense stratum corneum of the epidermis and the sebaceous glands. Lipid layer can become thinner as a result of such reasons:
- Vitamin (especially A and E) and mineral deficiencies. This can worsen the metabolic processes in the body as a whole, as well as in the skin itself.
- Inadequate nutrition. Sebaceous glands activity is disturbed when following strict diets, excessive consumption of alcohol, sweets, fast food.
- Water imbalance. Skin becomes dry when you don’t get enough fluids.
- Tobacco smoking. If you smoke cigarettes regularly, nicotine damages the hyaluronic acid responsible for retaining tissue fluid.
- Dermatological abnormalities of all kinds. Allergies, psoriasis, contact dermatitis, fungal or bacterial infections can all lead to dry skin.
- Various somatic diseases. Sebaceous glands work and absorption of nutrients is disturbed by endocrine pathologies, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and the nervous system.
- Geriatric processes. As we age, the sebaceous glands gradually become less active, the metabolism slows down, the local blood circulation worsens and the amount of hyaluronic acid decreases.
- Environmental factors. Moisture stores and the lipid layer are depleted by wind, frost, or sun.
- Skin care mistakes. Using harsh means (soaps, alcohol lotions, harsh scrubs, exfoliating) destroy the lipid film.
- The endocrine system regulates the production of sebum, so there are certain physiological changes that occur in our lifetime: the sebaceous glands over-operate during puberty and they become less active during menopause in women.
- Skin dryness can be general or local. It depends on the causes that trigger it. If you suffer from vitamin deficiency or other somatic diseases, all skin can become dry. Working in the homestead can dry the skin on the hands. If skin care products are not properly selected, facial skin begins to dry.
What vitamins are good for your skin
Dry skin and other negative manifestations of avitaminosis will be eliminated if the body will be supplied with enough of the following micronutrients:
- Vitamin E. Maintains the skin’s protective barrier and prevents the loss of moisture. It fights free radicals, protects from photo ageing, activates the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
- Vitamin A. It has an antioxidant effect, prevents premature skin aging under the influence of UV light, tones the skin and strengthens the small blood vessels.
- Vitamin C. It has a powerful antioxidant effect, stimulates collagen production. It is good for oral administration and good for topical skin care products.
- Vitamin B1. Prevents the appearance of dryness and flaking, effectively fights fine lines, irritations.
- Vitamin B5. Actively involved in the treatment of a variety of dermatological skin problems. Brings relief from dryness, helps eradicate rashes and is essential for the treatment of acne.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin). Essential for the integrity of the epidermal barrier. If it is deficient, the skin becomes dry, thin and dull, with rashes or scaling.
- Vitamin PP (nicotinic acid). Helps in the cellular oxidation and repair process. Removes skin dryness and flaking, removes the effects of dermatitis, and combats the first wrinkles.
- Vitamin D. Involved in the production of collagen. Its use slows down the process of skin aging, preserving healthy skin color, smoothness, and radiance.
Dry skin can also be caused by Omega-3 deficiency or a lack of zinc. And studies have also shown that the addition of lutein and zeaxanthin can increase the amount of moisture in the skin, which prevents it from becoming dry. Some people take single vitamins to combat dryness, while others prefer whole complexes. In this review, we’ve rounded up the best mono and multivitamins and supplements for dry skin.
Rating of vitamins for dry skin
|The best single vitamin for dry skin||1||Solgar Natural Vitamin E, 200 IU||1 316€|
|2||Source Naturals Vitamin A 10,000 IU||306€|
|3||Now Foods Biotin, 1000 mcg||620€|
|The best vitamin complexes for dry skin||1||Nature’s Way, A||874€|
|2||Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin & Nails||398€|
|4||Special Merz tablet||900€|
|5||21st Century Hair, skin, and nails, enhanced strength||498€|
The best single vitamins for dry skin
Some dermatologists and beauticians recommend their patients to take individual vitamins instead of complexes. It usually achieves faster results through shocking doses. It is a good idea to get tested beforehand to find out which nutrient is most lacking in the body and to focus on it.
Solgar Natural Vitamin E, 200 IU
Solgar, a popular American brand, makes a natural vitamin E supplement. This fat-soluble antioxidant in this supplement is presented as pure d-alpha tocopherol. One serving contains 200 IU. This dietary supplement effectively fights premature aging, protects against dehydration and improves skin appearance. Supports your cardiovascular system, immune system, and prostate.
Solgar produces vitamin E in the form of liquid-filled soft tablets for optimal absorption and dissolution. They are easy to swallow and do not leave an unpleasant aftertaste. Contains 100 in a dark, glass bottle. Adults are recommended to take them 1-2 tablets a day. Best taken during breakfast. Some people also crush such a tablet and add the oily content to a skin care cream.
According to reviews, the vitamin E supplement from Solgar is very well absorbed, and noticeable improvements from its use occur closer to the end of the first week of use. This product effectively eliminates dryness, makes the skin more smooth and supple, improves its color. During the course of application of these vitamins noticeably increases the defenses of the body. However, occasionally this product can provoke allergic reactions.
- Pure d-alpha tocopherol in its composition;
- Easy to swallow soft tablets;
- No unpleasant aftertaste;
- Revitalizes the skin and makes it more hydrated;
- Increases the body’s defenses;
- Slows down geriatric processes.
- Individual hypersensitivity.
Source Naturals Vitamin A 10,000 IU
The next nominee of the review was a supplement Vitamin A from the manufacturer Source Naturals. Vitamin A in this dietary supplement is in the form of palmitate. Each serving contains 10,000 IU. This micronutrient is critical to maintaining healthy skin, hydration and mucous membrane function. This dietary supplement is also an excellent support for the visual organ.
Vitamin A from Source Naturals is a small, round tablets. They are slightly convex on both sides and covered with a creamy coating. The vitamins are packaged in bottles made of opaque plastic. There are 100 tablets in just one jar of them. There is almost no difficulty in ingesting these vitamins. Some note that this supplement smells like carrots. They are a great way to boost the body’s energy level and vitamin A deficiency.
Many people generally speak well of vitamin A from Source Naturals. They share the fact that if you take the supplement after breakfast, there is no nausea or other discomfort. During the application of this means the skin is completely rid of dryness, and visibility is noticeably improved. Usually such vitamins are well tolerated, but in some individuals they provoke allergies.
- Retinol palmitate in its composition;
- The tablets are easy to swallow;
- Solves a variety of dermatological problems;
- Increases visual acuity.
- May cause allergic reactions.
Now Foods Biotin, 1000 mcg
The Now Foods brand produces a supplement Biotin. This water-soluble vitamin is found in high amounts of 1000 micrograms in this dietary supplement. It supports amino acid metabolism, strengthens the immune system, and is essential for healthy skin. But keep in mind that it takes vitamin B5 out of the body and this can provoke rashes on the skin, so you will need to connect and pantothenic acid, but take them at different times of the day.
Biotin from Now Foods is a standard-sized, flavorless and odorless herbal capsules. In a jar of hard plastic with a flip-open lid, they come in quantities of 100. Recommended to take them 1 capsule a day with meals, washed down with a little water. They are not very troublesome to swallow.
Reviews suggest that Now Foods Biotin is guaranteed to relieve skin dryness, but not as quickly as one might want it to. Skin is usually transformed for the better in about 1 month of using this supplement. Redness, irritation and even skin tone disappear. Gets rid of dryness not only on the face but also on the elbows, heels and other problem areas. The hair and nails begin to grow back more actively.
- A high biotin content;
- No problem in swallowing the capsules;
- Stops skin dryness, redness;
- Strengthens hair and nails.
- The effect does not develop immediately.
The best vitamin complexes for dry skin
If there is no desire to be tested for a specific vitamin deficiency, it is advisable to take multivitamin complexes. They usually contain nutrients at lower dosages than mono products, so the likelihood of hypervitaminosis is minimal.
Nature’s Way, A
Hair, skin, nails supplement from Nature’s Bounty brand was also included in the review. It contains: 15 vitamins and vitamin-like substances, 5 minerals, including zinc, collagen, bioflavonoid complex and horsetail powder. This product has beneficial effects on the skin and overall health.
Nature’s Bounty is available in the form of attractive egg-shaped capsules with a metallic, burgundy sheath. Inside is a yellowish, viscous liquid. The capsules are placed in plastic jars. Three capsules a day. It is better to combine it with meals. The capsules are swallowed without much trouble and do not leave an unpleasant aftertaste. One bottle is enough for 20 days of use.
According to reviews, a skin supplement from Nature’s Bounty effectively solves the problem of dryness, flaking and early fading. Also, this dietary supplement has an excellent effect on the condition of the hair and nail plates. These vitamins are also excellent for strengthening the immune system, calming the nervous system, giving strength and stamina. Tolerability is usually good. Does not cause nausea or stomach pain.
- The composition has everything you need for your skin;
- The capsules are easy to swallow;
- Eliminates dryness, peeling, irritation;
- Strengthens the immune system;
- Calms the nervous system;
- well tolerated.
- Should be taken 3 capsules a day.
British pharmaceutical company Vitabiotics has developed Perfectil. It contains: 13 vitamins and vitamin-like substances, 9 minerals, as well as Echinacea and burdock extracts. The drug is indicated for dry skin, various dermatological pathologies, brittle nails and hair structure changes.
Perfectil comes in the form of capsules. They are quite large enough to swallow. The vitamins are packaged in blisters. Manufacturer recommends 1 capsule daily after meals. One pack lasts for 1 month of use. Perfectil is usually well tolerated as long as it is not taken on an empty stomach. But some people are confused by the fact that during the course of treatment their feces turn black and their urine turns bright yellow.
According to reviews, Perfectil is a fairly effective drug. After just two weeks of using this complex, you can forget about the dryness of the skin on any part of the body and face. This product also well protects the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals, UV rays and ecologically harmful environmental factors. At the same time, it helps eliminate hair and nail problems.
- balanced composition;
- The capsules are easy to swallow;
- The package is enough for 1 month of use;
- Effectively eliminates dryness in all areas of the skin;
- Protects the skin from environmental damage.
- Temporarily turns the feces black and the urine bright yellow.
The German Merz Specialty Gels contain: 12 vitamins, iron, an amino acid (cystine), and yeast extract. The last component is a natural source of B vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Brewer’s yeast effectively maintains the skin and mucosal epithelium in normal condition.
Merz is a convex on both sides of a light pink colored pill. Vitamins are prepackaged in glass vials in an amount of 60 or 120 pieces. Adults should take 1 tablet 2 times a day (morning and evening). It is important to drink pure water or juice, but not caffeinated beverages. Swallowable pills are pretty easy.
Consumers note that this complex has helped them get rid of dry skin, flakiness, microcracks. Also against the background of the use of this drug, rashes on the face disappear, its tone evens out. Hair with these vitamins begins to grow back much faster. Nail plates become much stronger. Usually this remedy is well tolerated, but allergic reactions cannot be ruled out.
- Good combination of active ingredients;
- The pills are swallowed without any problems;
- attractive bottle;
- Eliminates dryness, scaling, microcracks;
- promotes hair growth;
- Strengthens nail plates.
- Allergic reactions have not been ruled out.
21st Century Hair, Skin and Nails, Extra Strength
The 21st Century brand produces a skin supplement with increased potency. It contains: 15 vitamins and vitamin-like substances, including 5,000 mcg of biotin, 5 minerals, collagen, a citrus bioflavonoid complex, and horsetail powder. This dietary supplement aims to make the skin moisturized and elastic.
These skin vitamins from the 21st Century brand come in the form of round, convex on both sides tablets. They are sandy with lots of flecks. Packaged in white, plastic jars with a flip lid. It is recommended to take 3 tablets of this dietary supplement per day. Can be taken all at once or divided into three doses. Optimal time for this is after main meals.
In reviews, consumers note that this complex from 21st Century has a great effect on the condition of the skin. It gives you healthier-looking skin. Eliminates flaking and dryness. The skin becomes tighter and firmer. A healthy glow appears on the face. These vitamins are also good for the hair. They become thicker and more voluminous.
- A competent combination of active ingredients;
- quality packaging;
- The pills are easy to swallow;
- It revitalizes the skin;
- Removes dryness, irritation.
- Need to take 3 tablets a day.
Russian pharmaceutical company Vneshtorg Pharma produces dietary supplements Alphavit Cosmetic. It contains: 13 vitamins, 10 minerals, coenzyme Q10, PABA and bioflavonoids. This complex aims to revitalize hair, nails and skin. Powerful antioxidants retard aging processes. This dietary supplement also has a good restorative effect.
Vitamins Alphabet Cosmetic packed in blisters. On one plate there are tablets in three different colors, which differ in the set of useful components. They are all round, convex on both sides, with beveled edges. Swallowable without any problems. Take three pills a day (one of each color). It is necessary to wait 4-6 hours between each new portion of the supplement.
Alphabet Cosmetic is great for skin care from the inside. Thanks to this complex, you can get rid of dryness, irritation, earthy color, increased pigmentation. This supplement also solves a variety of cosmetic problems that can occur with hair and nails. Also, patients who have taken this product, note that they have a noticeable strengthening of the immune system and have more strength.
- A balanced combination of substances;
- The tablets are not difficult to swallow;
- good tolerance;
- Eliminates dryness and increased pigmentation on the skin;
- strengthens the immune system.
- Need to take three pills a day.
Closes the review of the best vitamins from dry skin Supplement Complivit Shine from the pharmaceutical company Pharmstandard. This complex includes: 11 vitamins, 8 minerals, lipoic acid and green tea extract. This supplement makes the skin moisturized, improves its tone, promotes tissue regeneration, and protects against premature aging.
Complivit Shine tablets have the shape of capsules. Their size is small enough to swallow. Color – purple, saturated. Vitamins smell a little like yeast. Tablets are in plastic jars. Adults are recommended to take 1 tablet once a day with meals. Duration of use – 1 month.
Many people speak highly of Complivit Shine. They like the fact that this supplement noticeably improves the condition of the skin. They become more moisturized, peeling, rashes, itching disappear. Increases skin turgor, evens out skin tone. Also with this dietary supplement the hair and nails look better, and there is more energy and strength. This complex is usually well tolerated, but some may develop an individual intolerance.
- Good compatibility of components;
- The tablets are easy to swallow;
- Effectively eliminates dryness;
- Improves the appearance of hair, nails;
- 1 tablet per day.
- Individual intolerance is possible.