*Review of the best according to the editorial board. Selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Consult a professional before purchasing.
To understand whether a cat needs vitamins, you need to carefully analyze its diet, health, lifestyle, physical condition, and consider its age. If you can not figure it out on your own, you should seek advice from an experienced veterinarian, who will advise you whether you should give your pet vitamins and what kind of micronutrients it lacks.
Expertology experts bring to your attention the rating of the 9 best vitamins for cats. These products are trusted not only by pet owners, but also by veterinarians.
What to look for when choosing vitamins for cats
- Medication form. Vitamins come in the form of tablets, drops, pastes, crackers, powders and shots. For home use, the first five are best. It is more convenient to give them to pets, and not every owner will be able to do the injection himself.
- Purpose. There are monopreparations for certain conditions, combined, strengthening multivitamin complexes, as well as vitamins for kittens, nursing and pregnant cats, spayed and neutered animals. Each group should choose their own vitamins. Usually manufacturers specify in the name, for whom they are intended.
- Age. At different ages the animal needs certain vitamins. Kitten’s developing body is not suited to adult or senior cat preparations. So be sure to pay attention to age guidelines when choosing.
Rating of best vitamins for cats
|Rating of the best vitamins for cats||1||8in1 Excel |
|3||Beaphar Top 10 Cat||490€|
|5||Anivital Fe||1 479€|
|6||Anivital Fe||1 845€|
|8||eaphar Irish Cal||379€|
Second place goes to the highly effective vitamin complex. Suitable for pregnant and lactating cats, kittens, and animals in active training. As an emulsion, it enters the bloodstream through the mucous membranes of the esophagus and mouth, without passing through the liver. It is based on evening primrose oil, which contains vitamins A, B, D, C, E, K, as well as pantothenic, nicotinic and folic acids.
- action after 10 minutes;
- Promotes increased production of beta-endorphin (a natural pain reliever);
- Reduces nervous tension, irritability;
- Choice of volume – 100, 250 and 1k. ml.
- not detected.
Beaphar Top 10 Cat
Third place goes to a universal multivitamin complex with biotin and taurine. Suitable for cats of all ages. It contains yeast, sugar, dairy and meat products, shellfish, oils and fats, as well as vitamins A, D, E, B, manganese, iodine, pantothenic acid. Regular intake has a positive effect on the overall condition of the animal. His coat gets a shiny and healthy look.
- Helps to strengthen the immune system;
- Improves physical condition;
- strengthens eyesight;
- Helps the muscles and skeleton develop.
- has not been identified.
Seventh position goes to the vitamin supplement with cottage cheese and taurine. Designed for both adult cats and kittens. The supplement is in the shape of mice, has a flavourful formula that is adapted to the animal’s taste. The reception has a positive effect on the overall health of the pet. It improves vision, the digestive system, the appearance of the coat.
- Strengthens the heart and improves its function;
- It contains lactic bacteria which are good for the intestinal microflora;
- Cats eat the supplement with pleasure;
- reasonable price – from 300 to 600 p.
- Contains colorants.
Beaphar Irish Cal
On the eighth place is a vitamin complex enriched with calcium lactate, phosphate. Contributes to the proper development of a flexible skeleton, a healthy coat and strong teeth. It contains a high-quality mineral formula (calcium, ash, phosphorus, fat, magnesium, protein, potassium, fiber) as well as yeast and milk products. Form release – powder.
- suitable for pregnant and lactating females;
- has the prevention of anemia, rickets and weakened bones;
- reasonable price – 400 p
- specific smell.
Closes the rating is a natural vitamin preparation that normalizes metabolic processes and contributes to strengthening the immune system. Prescribed to cats weakened by illness, increased stress or stress. The product is available as a liquid. Contains ascorbic acid, folic acid, sodium salt, vitamin E, glycine, alanine, glutamine, arginine. Suitable for animals participating in shows, as it increases the performance of the muscular system.
- Works well with antiviral drugs;
- Has no side effects;
- Suitable for pregnant females
- Improves the appearance of the coat.
- not identified.