- What to look for when choosing vitamins for dogs
- Rating of the best vitamins for dogs
- Best vitamins for large breeds of dogs
- VITA-BON Large Dog
- Hokamix 30
- 8in1 Excel Daily M ti-Vitamin
- 8in1 Excel Daily M ti-Vitamin Puppy
- Unitabs DailyComplex
- Best vitamins for the coat of dogs
- Canina Petvital Derm Caps
- Canvit Biotin
- Best vitamins for joints and ligaments in dogs
- Canina Petvital GAG
- Canvit Chondro Super
- Best vitamins for puppies, pregnant and lactating bitches
- Wolmar Winsome Pro Bio Booster Ca
- Canvit Junior
- The best vitamins for older dogs
- Anivital CaniAge
- VIYO Reinforces Dog Senior
- The best vitamins for dogs’ teeth and bones
- Canina Calcium Citrat
- The best vitamins for the heart of dogs
- Canina Herz-Vital
*A Review of the Editors’ Choice of the Best. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, it is not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to purchase. We recommend getting expert advice before you buy.
Pets need care and nurturing. In addition to walking, feeding and training, dog owners also need to look after the health of the animal. From time to time, you should consult your veterinarian to check on your four-legged friend’s well-being and take mandatory, as well as preventive measures. Just like the human body, the dog’s body needs certain macronutrients and trace elements, which are not sufficiently provided by food. In this case, vitamins and vitamin complexes in the form of supplements come to the rescue. All that remains is to choose the ones that are suitable for your pet.
Expertology experts have taken the advice of experienced veterinarians into consideration and ranked the 18 best vitamins for dogs.
What to look for when choosing vitamins for dogs
- Nutrition. If the animal eats a dry food, take into account its composition when choosing vitamins, since most foods already have added trace elements.
- Age. Pay attention to the age labeling of the vitamin complexes. You can usually find three ranges: for puppies, adults and senior pets. Every stage of a dog’s life requires different amounts of minerals and trace elements.
- Condition Features. For pregnant and lactating bitches, neutered or spayed and for kittens with certain problems (malfunctioning heart, weak joints or ligaments, dull coat, etc.). d.) you should choose special vitamins that will work exclusively for these specific purposes.
- Composition. Avoid colors, preservatives and chemicals of any kind, as they may cause allergic reactions.
- Taste preferences. Choose what your dog loves. Meat, chicken and other flavoured vitamins available on the market. d. Tasteless vitamin complexes will work for most dogs. They will be easier to slip into food without interfering with the pet’s appetite.
- Form of release. Vitamins are available in tablets and capsules with soluble coating, in powder, granules, crackers, as well as suspensions and injections. The latter are only suitable if the owner knows how to give injections himself or if he will ask for help at a veterinary clinic.
Rating of the best vitamins for dogs
|The best vitamins for large breeds of dogs||1||VITA-BON Large Dog||490€|
|2||Hokamix 30||1 046€|
|3||8in1 Excel Daily M||376€|
|The best vitamins for small dogs||1||Wolmar Pro Bio Booster Ca Mini||822€|
|2||8in1 Excel Daily M||353€|
|3||eaphar Top 10 M||442€|
|4||eaphar Duo Active Paste||482€|
|Best vitamins for the coat of dogs||1||Canina Petvital Derm Caps||1 131€|
|The best vitamins for joints and ligaments of dogs||1||Canina Petvital GAG||1 599€|
|2||Canvit Chondro Super||1 627€|
|Best vitamins for puppies, pregnant and lactating bitches||1||Wolmar Winsome Pro Bio Booster Ca||822€|
|The best vitamin for older dogs||1||Anivital CaniAge||1 333€|
|2||VIYO Reinforces Dog Senior||415€|
|The best vitamins for dogs’ teeth and bones||1||Canina Calcium Citrat||530€|
|Best vitamins for the heart of dogs||1||Canina Herz-Vital||1 430€|
Best vitamins for large breeds of dogs
VITA-BON Large Dog
First in the ranking category is the vitamin complex, divided into two types: condition and fitness tablets. The pills contain all the necessary micro- and macronutrients for young dogs. Designed to strengthen the general immune system, activate metabolic processes and improve the joints, ligaments and coat. And fitness tablets help the growing body of large breed dogs to accumulate the energy necessary for life and activity.
- normalizes heart function;
- reasonable price;
- brings your overall health back to normal;
- Not suitable for older animals.
The second place is taken by a complex vitamin preparation, consisting of thirty one hundred percent natural components. Action is aimed at improving metabolism, metabolism, condition of the coat and epidermis. Contains minerals (phosphorus, calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium), vitamins A, D, E, C, B, trace elements (manganese, iron, iodine, selenium, zinc, chromium), as well as Vit H, carotene. Suitable for puppies and adult dogs.
- boosts immunity;
- Excellent digestion;
- Helps to eliminate toxins and wastes;
- It improves the function of the gallbladder and liver;
- none identified.
8in1 Excel Daily M
First place a polyfunctional vitamin multicomplex, including calcium, phosphorus, fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins, as well as essential amino acids, probiotics. The preparation is designed for small and dwarf breeds, as well as is suitable for puppies, pregnant and nursing bitches. Prevents bone mineral metabolism disorders and reduces the negative effects of viruses, bacteria and allergens.
- strengthens the immune system;
- Reasonable cost – 900 p;
- Improves digestion;
- Normalizes the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract;
- has not been revealed.
8in1 Excel Daily M
The fourth position goes to the vitamin supplement in the form of a paste with two colors. It saturates the animal’s body with essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements. It is indicated for use after illness, taking antibiotics and helminth runs. Allows you to retard aging. Contains L-carnitine to help burn fat and improve heart muscle function, as well as Omega-6 fatty acids.
- Normalizes intestinal microflora;
- Increases resistance to infections;
- accelerates healing of wounds;
- maintains well-groomed appearance;
- has not been revealed.
In fifth place are vitamins for small dogs between one and seven years of age. It contains brewer’s yeast, biotin, magnesium, manganese, copper, iodine, iron, zinc, selenium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, Collidon 25, stearate and vitamins A, B, C, D, E, H. As noted by dog owners, the drug does not cause side effects and complications if you follow the recommendations for intake.
- to normalize metabolism;
- affordability – 260 p for 100 tablets.;
- Keeps in good condition of the epidermis and coat;
- Strengthens the immune system;
- Improve the condition of the musculoskeletal system;
- did not show.
Best vitamins for the coat of dogs
Canina Petvital Derm Caps
In first place in the category vitamin complex that solves the problem of dry and brittle hair, getting rid of dandruff, eczema and skin allergies. Recommended for use in stressful conditions, such as during pregnancy. Suitable for puppies and older dogs. Enotera oil-based formula with biotin and zinc. Also contains marine and evening primrose oil.
- Improves the immune system;
- speeds up healing;
- normalizes metabolic processes
- relatively expensive – 1100 p for 100 tabs.
The second position is occupied by the vitamin food additive that activates the metabolic processes of the dog’s body, and improves the condition of the coat. In addition, it acts to strengthen the immune system, resulting in increased protection against various infectious diseases. Biotin is responsible for the growth of a healthy, thick and silky coat. The use of the product improves the condition of the epidermis, due to which the animal’s coat becomes healthy.
- high efficiency;
- affordability – 290 p.;
- Heals micro-injuries;
- It relieves dryness and itching;
- did not find.
Best vitamins for joints and ligaments in dogs
Canina Petvital GAG
Top of the list goes to vitamins suitable not only for older dogs, but also for puppies from the age of three months. The formula is high in sulfur-containing amino acids, glycosaminoglycans, fatty polyunsaturated acids, vitamins and trace elements. All components one hundred percent natural. The product has a stabilizing and strengthening effect on joint cartilage, and regulates the water balance in ligaments and tendons.
- Has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- Choice of volume – 90, 180 and 600 tabs.;
- Increases stamina and performance;
- reduce pain;
- Relatively expensive – 1600 p.
Canvit Chondro Super
Second in the ranking is a vitamin drug based on methylsulfonylmethane, which has a pain-relieving effect. Recommended for dogs with locomotor system, ligament system problems, with hip dysplasia, with osteoarthritis and in the period of rehabilitation after tendon and joint injuries. Suitable for young adult dogs of large breeds with a high exercise capacity. Also suitable for older animals, helping them maintain good mobility.
- Prevents damage to cartilage, ligaments and joints;
- Choice of sizes – 83,165 and 330 tabs.;
- Can be used for a long time;
- takes away the pain;
- Relatively expensive – 1245 r.
Best vitamins for puppies, pregnant and lactating bitches
Wolmar Winsome Pro Bio Booster Ca
The vitamin complex, which prevents disorders of mineral metabolism in the bones. A formula with probiotics, calcium, phosphorus and essential amino acids provides synthesis of enzymes, improves digestion and guarantees the absorption of nutrients and normalizes the gastrointestinal microflora, reducing the negative effects of allergens, viruses and bacteria.
- Maintains calcium balance;
- Supplies the body with necessary minerals, macro-and micronutrients;
- In lactating bitches provides prevention of postpartum eclampsia;
- has not been revealed.
Second position: Vitamin complex for puppies and young dogs. The composition of bioorganic trace elements, polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6, essential amino acids. Components activate the body’s regeneration during periods of stress and increased stress. The manufacturer states that the product can be given to the dog both as a course and on a permanent basis.
- Improves the quality of the epidermis and coat;
- affordability – 320 p.;
- Improves the absorption of nutrients;
- Increases the body’s resistance to infectious diseases;
The best vitamins for older dogs
First place vitamins enriched with grape seed flour, essential amino acids, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants. In combination, these components affect the dog’s body, preventing the occurrence of disorders due to age-related changes. The use of the product improves the general state of health of the animal. Older dogs feel more alert, getting all the necessary substances.
- Prevent the occurrence of cardiovascular disease;
- increase immunity;
- improve tissue function;
- Prevent inflammation;
- Relatively expensive – 1500 p.
VIYO Reinforces Dog Senior
Second are vitamins in the form of a prebiotic drink. Should be administered to animals over the age of seven years, and for large breeds – five and six years. When consumed daily, it significantly strengthens the immune system and increases the number of healing bacteria in the intestinal microflora. The drink contains inulin and fructooligosaccharides.
- convenient form of release;
- reasonable price – 500 p.;
- pleasant taste;
- high efficiency;
- has not been detected.
The best vitamins for dogs’ teeth and bones
Canina Calcium Citrat
Best in the category is a vitamin complex with a high dose of calcium. Used in cases of blood clotting disorders, fractures, to support the cardiovascular system, activation of the enzyme systems of the body, muscular support, the formation of a strong skeleton and teeth, the normal development of puppies during lactation.
- Prevents eclampsia and osteoporosis;
- Reasonable price – 650 r.;
- Normalizes the metabolism;
- not found.
The best vitamins for the heart of dogs
Vitamin complex to stabilize and support cardiac function. The product has an effective preventive action, helping to reduce the risk of heart diseases. Significant improvement in well-being is noted in dogs that already have problems. The unique combination of L-carnitine and hawthorn extract. It also contains dextrose, herbal extracts and brewer’s yeast.
- Harmonizes the heart rhythm;
- Improves blood flow to the heart muscle;
- Increases the efficiency of the heart in conditions of chronic weakness;
- Relatively expensive – 1350 p.