- Rating of the best robotic lawnmowers
- Husqvarna Automower 265 ACX
- Am ogio L200 Carbon AM200CLB1
- STIHL RMI 632 P
- Robomow RS630
- Wiper One X
- Husqvarna Automower 310 Connect Home
- Viking MI 422
- Robomow RC304u
- GARDENA Sileno City 250
- Robomow RX20u
Homeowners have a lot of free time mowing the grass. Both trimmer and lawnmower require certain skills, physical effort, availability of special equipment. Forget about all these inconveniences, users can forget about the robot. It independently mows the lawn, moving along the pre-selected area(s). Electric devices work on battery power, if the battery runs out, the technique itself goes to recharge. Today on the Russian market there is a wide range of robotic lawnmowers. They differ in cost and functionality. Recommendations of our experts will help potential buyers to choose a robotic lawnmower with optimal features.
The size of the lawn.Start the search for a modern machine by measuring the area of the lawn.
- If the grass is sown on an area of 200-500 sq. km. m, you can stop at the budget models. They do not have a long run time on a single charge, but many lawn mowers are well equipped and allow owners to just admire their work.
- When the lawn covers a large area (3000-6000 sq. m), then you need reliable units with high-capacity batteries. But the price of such models may shock unprepared buyers.
Mowing width and height.The performance of a robotic lawnmower depends on such technical parameters as mowing width and height.
- The wider the swath the mower makes in one go, the faster it will do the mowing. That said, narrow strips of grass in the flower bed are dangerous to trust her. The cutting width varies up to 15 mowing widths…56 cm.
- Most models have adjustable cutting height. The minimum size is limited to 15 mm, the maximum size reaches 80 mm. With a wide range of settings it is possible to choose the best parameters for a particular kind of grass.
How to control it. Robotic lawnmowers only start after certain settings. Manufacturers equip their products with different control systems.
- Budget ones are controlled via the LCD display on top of the body. The settings are usually intuitive for people who have mastered smartphones.
- Some robots are controlled remotely with a remote control. Setting is as easy to change as on a TV.
- For the most advanced devices mobile applications are developed. They are installed on your smartphone, and you can communicate with the robot via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Battery type.There is a rapidly developing industry associated with alternative power sources. Lawn mowers are equipped with different types of batteries.
- Traditional lead-acid batteries look archaic and are less common. They have a lot of weight and low life span. In addition, they require regular maintenance.
- Many household models are powered by lithium-ion batteries (
- -Ion). Today it is the most common power source. They are easy to maintain and low-maintenance.
- For taking care of large areas, lawnmowers are equipped with lithium-iron-phosphate batteries (
- FePO4 or LFP). They are economical, have no memory effect and have a long service life (more than 15 years).
- The most advanced robots can be equipped with hybrid power sources (such as the Solar Hy
id). It will be battery-powered as well as solar-powered.
More options.To ensure that the robot does all the work for the lawn on its own, manufacturers equip their models with a number of additional options.
- The mulching function shreds the grass and distributes the green material evenly over the lawn.
- Thanks to multizone the robot will mow the lawn at different points of the garden.
- Edge mowing option allows you to cleanly pass the edges of the lawn. The grass height does not need to be additionally smoothed with a trimmer.
- Floating wheels make the machine more maneuverable. Robot easily maneuvers over bumps, holes, and other irregularities in the lawn. Plus, the mower becomes more stable on slopes.
Expertology editorial staff and rankqua specialists
Rating of the best robotic lawnmowers
|Rating of the best robotic lawnmowers||1||Husqvarna Automower 265 ACX||310 000€|
ogio L200 Carbon AM200CLB1
|3||Robomow RS635 Pro Installation||156 000€|
|4||STIHL RMI 632 P||195 000€|
|5||Robomow RS630||166 000€|
|6||Wiper One X||130 500€|
|7||Husqvarna Automower 310 Connect Home||122 000€|
|8||Viking MI 422||95 700€|
|9||Robomow RC304u||66 000€|
|10||GARDENA Sileno City 250||63 000€|
|11||Robomow RX20u||40 000€|
Husqvarna Automower 265 ACX
The Swedish Husqvarna Automower 265 ACX demonstrates its high efficiency. The robot is capable of caring for lawns up to 6,000 sq. m. The design has a rear drive, the mowing width is 32 cm. Manufacturer has equipped their product with central mowing height adjustment (20 to 60 mm). No noise during operation (63 dB), green mass is ejected from behind. Electric motor consumes up to 60 W of power, and the robot can mow for 80 min on one charge. Lithium-ion battery that charges fully in 40 minutes. The model wins gold in our review.
Users are delighted with Swedish robot’s build quality, quiet operation, productivity. They list the high price as a disadvantage.
- high performance;
- quiet operation;
- quick charging;
- high price.
ogio L200 Carbon AM200CLB1
A modern replacement for hand trimmers and minitractors is the robotic lawnmower Robomow RS635 Pro Installation. With the help of electric device can take care of the lawn area of up to 3600 sq m. m. The model stands out against competitors with its large mowing width (56 cm). Experts drew attention to the mulching function, after the mower does not have to clean up the mowed grass. Grass height adjustable between 20-80 mm. It is possible to control the robot with a smartphone through Robomow App 2.0. The model is confident not only on a horizontal surface, but also on steep slopes (up to 36%).
Users are satisfied with the wide range of functions, the comfort of the settings, the remote control. On the downside, they cite the lack of pegs and cable.
- wide swath;
- remote control;
- Many adjustments for the height of mowing;
- mulching function.
- no pegs and no cable.
STIHL RMI 632 P
German manufacturer has developed a fully automatic lawnmower STIHL RMI 632 P. It is enough to program its work for the machine to start mowing the grass on its own. The robot makes a loud beeping sound if it rolls over or attempts to steal. Experts praised the rear wheels with special tread that allow the lawnmower to overcome slopes up to 45%. The robot is powered by a 29-volt, 6.8 Ah lithium-ion battery. The model stops one step short of the top three because of its low output.
Owners are complimented on its quiet operation, good flotation, and compact size. The disadvantages are the small mowing width (28cm) and limited space to mow (2000sq m). m).
- mulching function;
- long-lasting battery;
- unique rear wheels;
- quiet operation.
- Small mowing width.
Watching the Robomow RS630 endlessly mows your lawn. The maximum area is limited to 3,000 square meters. Mowing width is 56 cm. Three-blade blade operates at 4000 rpm, manufacturer provides for rear grass ejection. Experts credit the robot with a mulching function. The Robomow RS630 is powered by a 6 amp 26 V battery and a 400 Watt motor. Three-wheel transmission with floating wheels helps keep up with slopes up to 35%.
Russian users are satisfied with the accurate cutting of the grass and the possibility of remote control. On the downside, they note expensive stakes and perimeter wire.
- quality grass cutting;
- comfortable operation;
- Russian menu.
- Spikes and wire are expensive.
Wiper One X
The most complex tasks of lawn care can be solved by the robot Wiper One X. The maximum area of the site is up to 5000 square kilometers. m. On a full charge, the mower is capable of working for 4 hours. The same amount of time is needed to restore battery capacity. Cutting height adjustable between 24-64mm. In one pass the technique makes a 36 cm wide strip. Mowed greenery is thrown to the back, mulching function is not provided. The machine can climb inclines of up to 45%. The 4-blade Diamond Blade blade is the core of the cutting system. Experts like the quality of workmanship and the reliability of the design.
Domestic owners are pleased with the large rear wheels (26 cm), performance, quality assembly. Users dislike its noisy operation (80dB).
- good performance
- high-quality assembly;
- large rear wheels.
- noisy operation.
Husqvarna Automower 310 Connect Home
Carefree maintenance of lawns up to 1000 sqm. Swedish Husqvarna Automower 310 Connect Home robot. It neatly cuts the grass thanks to the sharp cutting edges, forming a swath width of 22 cm. Technique all range of works does independently, only at the beginning of the season should be precisely define the boundaries of the area to be treated. The manufacturer has taken care of lawnmower protection against theft, for this purpose a system of locking with a PIN-code. Adjustable cutting height between 20 and 60 mm, the material is ejected from behind. Experts noted such useful features as engine brake and floating wheels.
Users praise the Swedish development for its quiet operation (58 dB), smooth speed control, reliability. Lacks the mulching option for some owners.
- poor picking;
- sharp sharpening;
- theft protection;
- quiet operation.
- no mulching option.
Viking MI 422
The Austrian Viking MI 422 mower makes minimum noise (49 dB) when cutting the grass. The model is designed for lawn care up to 500 sq. m. m. In one pass the technique makes a swath width of 20 cm, and the height of mowing can be adjusted in the range of 20-60 mm. The German manufacturer has equipped its product with an LCD display and clear interface. So it is not very difficult to program the work of the robot. The floating wheels allow mowing on gradients of up to 40 %. Experts like the clever charging system.
Owners are flattering about the mowing of difficult lawn areas, easy programming and fast charging. On the downside, they cite a low battery capacity (2.25 Ah).
- LCD display;
- user-friendly interface;
- Quiet operation;
- intelligent charging system.
- modest battery capacity.
The Robomow RC304u is an Israeli robotic lawnmower that handles grass in a quality way. It combines a reasonable price, compact size and easy setup. The most difficult thing for users will be to install the stakes and secure the wire. It can be charged at the docking station in between work cycles. Lawn mowing equipment designed to mow lawns up to 500 square meters in size; low maintenance costs. m. In one pass, the robot makes a 28 cm wide swath. Experts note the minimum height of grass 15mm, which even some elite models cannot provide. It has a mulching function.
Users love the easy operation, the complete independence of the device, the compactness. On the downside, they say it slips near a fence or foundation.
- affordable price;
- convenient operation;
- Minimum mowing height.
- Slips over obstacles.
GARDENA Sileno City 250
Stylish design, quality assembly and affordable price allowed the German-Chinese GARDENA Sileno City 250 lawnmower to win gold at the prestigious Red Dot Design Awards in 2018. Experts note the combination of durable materials and good functionality. So the model has a mulching option, the height of mowing is adjustable in the range of 20-50 mm. Mowing width is small (16 cm), allowing the robot to care for narrow, curvy strips of lawn. Robot is designed to service areas of up to 250 sq. km. m., the package includes the pegs and wire. Its compact size and light weight (7.3 kg) make it stand out from the competition.
Domestic consumers are satisfied with maneuverability, lightness, and easy operation. The robot does not like steep slopes (not more than 25%).
- high-quality workmanship;
- reasonable price.
- small battery capacity (2.1 Ah).
Robomow RX20u model will help homeowners to experience all the advantages of a robot. It stands out for its lowest cost and two-wheeled design. The device has no problems when mowing grass on uneven terrain. Experts have praised the lawnmower’s backswing, during which the device continues to mow. The manufacturer has developed a detailed manual, which describes all the settings and subtleties of markup. The technique can be controlled via smartphone app, communication is via Bluetooth. Developers saved on lead-acid battery.
Owners are happy with the low price, easy operation, good functionality. They consider the minus to be long battery charging and difficulties with mowing the edges.
- low price
- control via smartphone;
- Mow uneven areas well;
- long charge time;
- does not mow the edges of the perimeter.