- How to choose a line for your trimmer
- Rating of the best trimmer line manufacturers
- Advantages of
Electric trimmers and petrol brushcutters cut grass by spinning the cord. The two ends of the line provide easy cutting of the stalks and do not blunt on a collision with stones, as it is the case with steel knives. If the wrong cutting element is selected, the chainsaw will leave skips. In other situations, there will be an increased load on the motor or you will have to stop the process often to lengthen the broken ends. To facilitate the choice of accessories for garden tools, we have prepared a rating of the best manufacturers of lines for trimmer. In compiling the top 11, our experts took into account both the characteristics of the products and customer feedback.
How to choose a line for your trimmer
Before considering the rating of the best manufacturers, let’s touch upon the criteria for selecting the line itself for the trimmer:
- cord material.When buying a fishing line, it is necessary to ask what it is made of. The more malleable the material, the less likely the string will break. The best here are polyamide monofilament and nylon. For especially coarse grass (e.g. burdocks) a reinforced cutting set with steel wire inside is used.
- The shape of the section.The line is available in four configurations. A round line is considered universal and is used for mowing all kinds of vegetation. It also winds easily on the spool. Star and square, due to the pronounced edges, easily cut rough and overripe grass. Twisted cord makes 50% less noise than other types of fishing line, so it’s optimal for continuous work.
- Diameter.The index varies from 1.3 to 5.0 mm. The strength and load on the motor depends on it. 1.3-2.0 mm are suitable for trimmers with a power of 0.7-1.0 kW. 2.4 mm is chosen for electric trimmers with power of 1.4 kW, as well as semi-professional brushcutter. 2.7-5.0 mm is a tool for professional gardening equipment.
Rating of the best trimmer line manufacturers
Knowing the features of the choice of fishing line, let’s move on to the rating of its manufacturers, which have earned a good reputation and have positive feedback from buyers.
|Rating of the best trimmer line producers||1||OREGON||5.0|
The first place in the ranking is occupied by the American company Oregon, which has been in business since 1947. Now the manufacturer is a part of the concern Blount Inc. and produces thousands of products for garden care. The trimmer line assortment has more than 10 separate lines produced with different shapes and diameters. You can buy a reel with a cord length from 30 to 60 m, which provides long operation without changing the bobbin. For wholesale customers, the manufacturer offers fishing line in coils of 520 m. Buyers in reviews like the Techni -280 line, which has a higher temperature threshold and is suitable for cutting dry grass on stony ground and prolonged work.
Our experts put the manufacturer at the top of the ranking, because it has several interesting lines of line for trimmer, distinguished by increased durability. Patented technology has been applied in the Ny series
- Variety in the length of the cutting elements on the bobbin;
- there are models for all types of vegetation;
- The product is conveniently divided by color to quickly orientate which spool to install on the trimmer;
- has a separate Duo series
- ne with a high-strength core.
- high cost;
- Brittleness increases with prolonged storage.
Second place in the ranking is taken by a local company, established in 2005 and having production facilities in China. Despite the factories in China, parts and raw materials for numerous products come from the U.S., India and European countries, which gives good quality and reasonable price. For example, for trimmer line production the manufacturer uses raw material from France. In the range there is a line for the trimmer in red, green and black. Manufacturer offers the following lines: Round, Twisted Square, Star, Spiral Pro. Customers praise the product in reviews for the equipment with a special knife, which is convenient to cut the string without additional tools.
We included the manufacturer in the rating because of a particularly strong Twisted Square line, available in diameter 4.8 mm. Not all companies in the rating offer this. This product is optimal for cutting most coarse grass, even ragweed stems up to waist height. Users note in their reviews that the “star” configuration does not allow the coils to caking due to the passage of air, and is easily fed even while spinning the bobbin.
- line length range in spools from 15 to 168 m;
- convenient division by color;
- diameters from 1.3 to 4.8 mm;
- Special knife for cutting;
- there is a spiral cord.
- emits a loud roar when it rotates;
- The ends begin to melt when heated.
The third place of the rating belongs to the Swedish manufacturer with a history of several centuries. Started out as a gun manufacturer, the company now focuses on gardening equipment and tools. The trimmer cord is available in coils ranging from 12 to 130 m. 240 m coils are available. Buyers in the reviews like the fact that most types of fishing line have a special coating that prevents the nylon in the reel from welding from heat. It is easy to feed the cord while mowing. The manufacturer also offers a line with a special shape that resists breakage when coming out of the head hole. This technology extends the life of the line. Cutter is molded in one piece and there is no chipping at the ends.
According to our experts, the manufacturer is worthy of a place in the ranking of the best, because it produces more than 20 variants of silent fishing line. Turning the machine produces 7 to 8 dB volume, so you can trim for long periods of time without wearing ear protection. This is the optimum cord for the upkeep of green areas around schools, kindergartens and daycare centres.
- a long service life;
- Compatible with any trimmer head;
- A special shape to prevent breakage;
- The ends are not separated.
- high cost of goods;
- small size (12 m) sold without a spool – easy to tangle when storing and winding.
Fourth place is given to the American manufacturer DDE, founded in 1965. The brand now leads the world in the production of electric motor units, which include trimmers. The company offers them quality tooling, produced in the USA. In the manufacturer’s catalog you can find products with length from 15 to 240 m. In terms of thickness, the cord is offered 2.0-4.0 mm. Most models have reinforcement inside to increase strength. The cord is made of thermoplastic copolymer brand Luran S. This provides increased wear resistance despite heat and collisions with obstacles. Owners share in reviews that the line confidently withstands contact with rebar and chunks of concrete.
Our experts liked the manufacturer for its technology, which increases the speed of mowing, and for that it was included in the rating. Each reel proudly states that using this particular cord will add 10% to your mowing speed. more cord 2.4 mm in diameter can break a burlap, up to 5 cm in thickness, so it is not necessary to overpay for a thicker line – if necessary to clear a country site can be and this section.
- cuts through nettles well;
- On five acres of dense grass, less than 10 m is spent;
- the line is collision-resistant;
- range of 15 to 240 m.
- high cost;
- no line 1.3-1.6 mm for low-power trimmers.
In fifth place in the ranking is the leading German manufacturer, which has been operating since 1886. Today this company produces consumer products, power tools and various appliances. The brand holds a total of 5,422 patents. The firm offers the consumer a line for trimmer with a diameter of 1.6, 2.4 i 3.5 mm. Goods are produced in small packages of 24-40 m. Most often the round type of cross-section is used, because it is universal and the most popular. Electric brushcutter tool made of nylon with plasticizer additives for softness.
We included the manufacturer in this rating because of the special shape of the trimmer line. The company produces the accessories often not in coils, but in pieces, in the form of blades with a metal barrel. In terms of length, goods from 23 to 30 cm are found and suitable for the line of trimmers Bosch. Buyers share in reviews that such cord does not warp, keeps the integrity of the ends, wears out much slower than other options. If you bend this nylon string with your hands, it will not burst.
- Fits snugly onto the brushcutter;
- good petal length 23-30 cm;
- increased strength and ductility;
- good aerodynamics of the cord reduces consumption on gasoline trimmers.
- high cost;
- small assortment of types of fishing line;
- not applicable to all trimmers.
Continues our rating of the domestic manufacturer, which offers three main lines of lines for brushcuts: General with a section in the form of a star,
- It is distinguished by its thinness and less noise, as well as by the Twistop, which is made with an ellipse. The last series with an elliptical cross section is particularly liked by customers in reviews because it fits a variety of vegetation, but is more durable than a circle. The company produces only the most “popular” line diameters 2.4-3.0 mm. You can choose a spool of 15 to 114 m depending on the size of the working area.
- cuts through tough, dry grass;
- attractive price;
- Made of nylon;
- Packs with a thread length of 15 to 114 m.
- quickly wears out;
- increased brittleness;
- Cannot be used in areas with stones.
- excellent flexibility;
- Long service life;
- Is not afraid of collision with rocks and iron bars;
- thick section 2.4-3.0 mm handles woody stems.
- high price;
- Hard to tuck into Makita trimmers.
- ne and Fire in red, Round
- ne with yellow tint and Titanium Power with silver shimmer. All products are sealed not in mica, but in sturdy plastic cases that make leftovers easy to store and transport.
The manufacturer keeps up with global trends for improvement and also offers a line with a section in the form of a twisted square. Not to blend in with competitors, it comes in black and is called Black Diamond. Buyers in reviews share that it’s great for cutting reeds and reeds. This product of the rating will be useful for those, whose garden plot faces a river or a lake. The second version of twisted line is the Silent Spiral
- ne, which features rounded corners. This significantly reduces the rotational noise.
- confidently mows any vegetation;
- low consumption for kinks and abrasions;
- Available in 10 to 324 meter coils.
- high cost;
- thick section 3.0-4.0mm loads the bobbin, so it takes longer to unwind;
- A little chunky around the edges.
The ninth place of the rating belongs to the Italian manufacturer, which specializes in gardening and gardening equipment. The brand’s brushcutters are in high demand, and the developers are constantly experimenting with new technologies with regard to trimmer lines. Now the concern has several factories in Europe, so on the package of cord you can find the inscription Made in France and others. All of these will be original products, according to ISO certification obtained by the manufacturer back in 2001. The assortment is not divided into rulers by name, but there are all types of cross-sections (square, circle and star). For owners of small plots you can buy a piece on a spool with a length of 8 meters. The maximum length of the cord on the reel is 242 m.
We added the manufacturer to the rating because of the optimal ratio of price to quality of cut. Most of all, the company produces a fishing line with a “star” section, which is characterized by high performance. Some users share in reviews that it is so versatile that they don’t have to put knives on the trimmer.
- Fits any trimmer;
- increased softness of the string;
- available in diameters from 1.6 to 3.3 mm.
- Blister packaging is inconvenient for storing extra pieces;
- the edges unravel.
In the top ten of our ranking is another manufacturer, which operates from the beginning of the XXI century in Germany. Now its industrial facilities are in China, which has reduced the cost of production due to cheaper labor. The company produces an attractive line for trimmers, featuring bright colors – instead of the traditional, red and yellow, the brand supplies cords of lettuce and orange colors. Available in spools and coils, and cut into straws for different models of trimmers. In terms of diameters, there are variants from 1.6 to 4.0 mm. Customers in reviews praise the heptagonal cord, which features increased performance.
Our experts add the GT3535-2 cord manufacturer to this rating because of its extra-strong cord.4-S, which is available with the added inscription Metal Power. The steel core inside the nylon braid increases the strength of the cutting element and extends its life by 50%, compared to other models. In the manufacturer’s catalog you can also find reels that can hold 490-775 m of line for the trimmer, which is advantageous for owners of spacious gardens or utilities.
- attractive price;
- There are both short (10-15 m) and very long pieces (490-775 m), which helps to save money;
- All diameters in the catalog for different shoots.
- there is no division into series (only long numbers);
- the line is often sold without any package at all (wound on a cardboard loop).
Completes our rating American manufacturer, whose products have long been produced in factories in China. The line assortment is available in several series: Round
- ne with yellow, Star
- ne in green, Standart with lettuce shade and black Profi
- ne, which is a twisted square. The company focuses on the most popular diameters from 1.6 to 3.0 mm, so you can’t find a thicker cord. Reviews show that this manufacturer’s line is easy to thread into the bobbin and fits a variety of trimmers. But the cords are sold only in 15m lengths, and only a few copies are 60m, so the goods are more suitable for domestic use.
The two-color Duo line is the pride of the manufacturer
- ne. It is pink and white in color, since it is made of polyamide and additionally reinforced with a polymer. This technology gives more strength, for which the product was included in the rating. Buyers share in reviews that it’s even hard to cut with a knife, a testament to its strength, but makes it a little difficult to install in a trimmer.
- Mows weeds easily;
- soft and supple;
- affordable price;
- diameters from 1.6 to 3.0 mm to suit any needs.
- difficult to cut with a knife to fit into a trimmer
- Almost all cord is supplied in 15-meter spools – large skeins are scarce.
The main advantage, for which the manufacturer got into the ranking of the best, is the price of the line for trimmers. The cost of goods is much lower than that of competitors, so this cord is more willing to buy for the care of the garden or yard area. But the budget has affected the strength of the string, so it is not suitable for professional activities. Another advantage of the manufacturer is the heptagonal cord model. Due to its many ribs, it cuts the grass faster, thus increasing productivity.
In seventh place in the ranking is Dolmar. Its line for trimmers is the original consumable element in Makita electric and brush cutters. The manufacturer itself is located in Germany and supplies the equipment for the elite firm. High-strength nylon is used as a base. It uses proprietary technology that increases the strength and elasticity of the string. Buyers in the reviews are happy with the fact that you can buy a section of cord, length 3.5 m, which is practical for a small garden and helps to save money. For spacious green areas there are skeins of 100 m.
“The visiting card” of this manufacturer is a line with a twisted square, for which the brand is placed in the rating. Twisted structure effectively reduces noise from spinning on the spindle, and the presence of edges provides an easy cut of the stems. Since the square is twisted, the load from collision with the stems is evenly distributed across the line, and the rigging lasts a long time. This well-known product is sold in blue, and a measuring scale is provided on the box to accurately expose the ends from the bobbin according to the instructions.
We gave the eighth place of the rating to a Japanese manufacturer of gardening equipment and supplies, which began its operations in 1947. Since 2000 the company has been active in the production of brushcutters with easy motor start. The manufacturer offers several lines of lines: Cross