- How to choose a women’s bike
- Rating of the best bikes for women
- Best value bikes for women
- FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016)
- Giant Simple Single W (2016)
- STELS Miss 6100 V V010 (2017)
- FORWARD Seido 26 1.0 (2018)
- Top value women’s bikes
- Merida J iet 7.40-D (2018)
- Schwinn Debutante Women (2018)
- Giant Rove Disc te (2016)
The bicycle is a popular means of transportation even today, when every home has a car, and sometimes not even one. After all, it’s a great way to get outdoors and keep yourself in great shape. But acquiring a cycling vehicle can put a woman at a disadvantage. How to choose the right one?
How to choose a women’s bike
Women’s bikes differ from men’s only appearance. Such a difference is determined by the peculiarities of the structure of the female body. For example, the frame of the ladies’ version will always be longer. Because in case of emergency braking, a woman will jump forward instead of sideways as a man does.
There are many other features that determine the choice of the vehicle:
- Purpose. It is necessary to understand where you are going to use the bike. For city walking, a city or road bike is perfect. It will be convenient to ride it on a smooth path in the park or take an evening stroll from home to the store. These models are less maneuverable, and rarely have gear shifters, so they are not designed for forest walks and for riding on bumps. On uneven terrain is convenient to ride cross country. This option has a lower riding position and a lighter frame. For long distances, it is better to choose models with a ram’s horn-shaped handlebar, or highway type.
- Quality of frame welding. There are bikes where the tubes are welded all the way through, and then there are bikes where the welding is only at the joints. The last weld option is considered stronger and safer.
- Frame length. Choose the right size can be based on your own height. It is directly proportional to the length of the frame. For a lady with height up to 165 cm will suit the model with a length of 40 cm. Up to 175 cm tall – frame should be 46 cm respectively. And for tall women from 175 to 185 cm will do with a length of 51 cm.
- Tuning. If the bike will not be used professionally, but for his own pleasure, it is better to opt for simpler options. In this case, multifunctional versions, it is an unnecessary overpayment.
- Seat. Better anatomical, which has a shock-absorbing fork for a comfortable ride.
- lightweight design. It will also provide a comfortable and fast ride.
- Manufacturer. It’s better to buy transportation from reputable companies. After all, the bike is not only fun, but also a means of transportation. So it should be safe.
The last rule is especially important. Based on the opinions of experts and consumer reviews, we have compiled a rating of the best women’s bikes.
Rating of the best bikes for women
|The best inexpensive women’s bikes||1||FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016)||20 300€|
|2||Giant Simple Single W (2016)||22 900€|
|3||STELS Miss 6100 V V010 (2017)||14 790€|
|4||FORWARD Seido 26 1.0 (2018)||13 060€|
|Best women’s bikes by value for money||1||The Merida J||27 000€|
|2||KELLYS Royal Dutch (2017)||–|
|3||Schwinn Debutante Women (2018)||36 590€|
|4||Giant Rove Disc||35 500€|
|5||Dewolf Asphalt F3 (2017)||29 500€|
Best value bikes for women
FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016)
A bicycle made in Russia, released in 2016, will be perfect for urban conditions, when riding on asphalt surfaces or on rough terrain. The same model has proven to be excellent when traveling on mountain surfaces. The frame is made of aluminum alloy, which makes it easy to use.
By FORWARD Canberra 1 reviews.0 (2016) is agile enough. When riding on uneven terrain, you can hardly feel the differences. In addition, the FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016) is equipped with a luggage rack, which is convenient for carrying any luggage. It’s also impressive that a women’s bike has as many as 24 speeds, making it suitable for long distance riding.
- Lightweight and agile;
- It is convenient when driving on a rough terrain and on asphalt surface;
- suitable for long walks;
- Has 24 speeds.
- according to some reviews has a rather rigid saddle.
Giant Simple Single W (2016)
Worthy place in the ranking is a bicycle Giant Simple Single W (2016) made in Taiwan. Despite the lack of a gear shift model is perfect for long walks, but only in the city area. So the lack of cushioning is not felt at all.
The bike has foot brakes, which is quite acceptable in urban conditions. In addition, this model has a fairly comfortable seat. This way, your back doesn’t get tired even on long rides. Distinctive feature is the large curved handlebar. According to reviews, it is very comfortable when riding, and the narrow one seems not so comfortable anymore. Women’s bike Giant Simple Single W (2016) has a lightweight design, so that any walk will be a joy.
- Great for urban areas and walks in the parks;
- Comfortable seat that does not put strain on the back.
- Not suitable for long journeys.
STELS Miss 6100 V V010 (2017)
The popular firm STELS has pleased female customers with the new Miss 6100 V V010 (2017). It is a lightweight version with an aluminum alloy frame. It’s made for any terrain, even rugged. The seat looks unassuming and straight, but is very comfortable when sitting down and does not let your back get tired. Comfort of movement provides a system of cushioning. The spring mechanism smoothes all the bumps and other defects on the road.
The presented model has 21 speeds, it gives the possibility to adjust the speed of movement. Therefore, to overcome long distances on the STELS Miss 6100 V V010 (2017) is possible in quite a short time.
- Suitable for all road conditions;
- equipped with a comfortable cushioning system.
- According to some reviews, the tires start to wear off after a few months of use.
FORWARD Seido 26 1.0 (2018)
Fourth place in the ranking is another representative of the Russian company FORWARD – women’s bike Seido 26 1.0 (2018). It is a comfortable and maneuverable option for traveling on any roads and rough terrain. Aluminum construction allows you to manage the transport easily and without unnecessary problems.
FORWARD’s innovative tires allow you to pick up speed and brake on any road surface, including wet. And speed lovers will love the 18-speed transmission. All modes are easy to switch, the mechanism works smoothly. Mechanical brakes, allows you to steer with confidence, even after the rain on wet terrain. Just traffic safety provides a reliable cushioning system that helps you not feel the differences and irregularities of the road.
- Accelerates quickly;
- Suitable for riding on any terrain.
- Some reviews say the paint on the frame can wear off.
Top value women’s bikes
iet 7.40-D (2018)
Score : 4.9
KELLYS Royal Dutch (2017) bicycle made in Slovakia will want to buy immediately, just looking at the stylish design. The quality serves as a strong and pleasant bonus at the same time. Sturdy aluminum frame makes it easy to steer. Braking is done through front and rear brakes. According to reviews, it makes it easier to ride and gives you confidence. There is a protection against clothes falling into the rear wheel.
This is a purely urban model for women, with 7 speeds. Additional reliability is given by proprietary tires that create a great ride. At the front is a convenient and functional storage basket for small items taken for a walk. This design does not have a trunk.
- Suitable for urban use;
- comfortable handling.
- Not suitable for out-of-town riding.
Schwinn Debutante Women (2018)
Another representative of Taiwanese manufacturing brand Schwinn produces reliable and functional models for women. Soft saddle, has a spring-loaded design that provides a smooth ride and comfort when riding over uneven surfaces. There aren’t many speeds here, only 3, but that’s enough to do long walks. The foot brake provides reliable protection when stopping and in case of unexpected situations on the road.
Smooth sailing on the women’s bike thanks to the Schwinn cruiser 26 x 2 tires.25. They are not only reliable, but also durable and resistant to abrasion. The aluminum alloy frame weighs about 15 kg, so it is easy and uncomplicated to operate.
- easy to control;
- No front brake.
Giant Rove Disc
Reliable and functional Dewolf Asphalt F3 (2017) allows you to tour on highways. For rough terrain, this bike is not suitable, but this does not reduce its advantages. The mechanical disc braking system allows you to stop the vehicle clearly and quickly. The lightweight aluminum frame makes the structure weightless but sturdy.
There is a handy rack in the back, allowing you to take walks with your child. The bike is equipped with a lighting system, which facilitates movement in the evening. Comfortable and reliable cushioning makes small bumps in the road unnoticeable. The women’s bike has 24 speeds, which is good for long distance rides.
- has a luggage rack;
- Equipped with a lighting system;
- 24 speed derailleur.
- Only suitable for flat stretches of road.