- Skateboard & Longboard Decisions and Rules
- Rating of the best skateboards and longboards
- The best skateboards
- GLOBE Bantam
- HELLO WOOD Sc l
- HELLO WOOD Strip
- The best longboards
- enny Original 22″
- Action PW-509
- Arbor Woody
- The best kids skateboards
- FUN4U Cool
- SK (Sports Collection) Muffin JR
- MaxCity MC-PB22
- Best electric skateboards
- Evolve Bamboo GT Street
- HOVERBOT LB-2R
- Joy Automatic MC-251-400W
A skateboard in most people’s mindset is a board with wheels for riding on a flat road or performing tricks. Few people know that there are several varieties of this type of transport, the main ones are skateboards and longboards, fundamentally different from each other.
Skateboard & Longboard Decisions and Rules
- Skateboard– A board (deck) with upward-curved ends that serve both as a design and a strategically necessary element for steering. The purpose of a skateboard is to perform tricks, so it is equipped with wheels with strong bearings. Size of the board can be different, the choice takes into account the rider’s weight and the specifics of use.
- LongboardDifferent size for an oblong and straight board shape. It can be used for tricks, but it is more suitable for riding on level roads, able to develop considerable speed and rolling. Deck size varies according to the age, skill and weight of the rider.
When choosing a skateboard for tricks or riding, it is important to consider:
- Man weightfor a construction that’s tough enough.
- Deck material– plastic or glued board. Polymer is resistant to water and adverse influences, it is more durable, wood is considered a more solid solution, but requires attention and care.
- Wheel and board sizeThe choice is determined by the way you ride and the experience of the rider: for riding on smooth pavement suit the wheels of medium rigidity, for tricks – increased elasticity, for inexperienced riders should choose a deck of small size, which simulates the shape of the foot.
- Deck clearanceFor riding on level ground can be lowered to achieve better balance at high speed.
- Deck dimensionsAlways denoted in inches (1 inch = 25.4 mm).
Big skateboards and longboards for adults, children’s models and electrically-powered models are available. EXPERTOLOGY experts studied the range of boards for skateboarding and performing tricks and determined the best specimens in several categories.
Rating of the best skateboards and longboards
|Best skateboards||1||GLOBE Bantam||6 350€|
|2||HELLO WOOD Sc||3 199€|
|3||Ridex Prime 31″||4 490€|
|4||HELLO WOOD Strip||–|
|Best longboards||1||Penny Original 22″||2 690€|
|2||Action PW-509||3 099€|
|3||Arbor Woody||5 490€|
|The best children’s skateboards||1||FUN4U Cool||2 252€|
|2||SC (Sports Collection) Muffin JR||1 215€|
|3||MaxCity MC-PB22||1 570€|
|The best electric skateboards||1||Evolve Bamboo GT Street||98 000€|
|3||Joy Automatic MC-251-400W||18 990€|
The best skateboards
Let’s start with the classics: skateboards are the most sought-after type of wheeled board for both tricks and riding. Raised rounded edges will not let you confuse the skateboard with a longboard.
Score : 4.9
GLOBE Bantam skateboard is a symbiosis of retro design and modern technology. Deck size 24 x 7 inches is made of high-strength plastic, and its shape is reminiscent of the ancestors of boards for riding in the 70s. The wheels are rigid and relatively large – 62 mm in diameter, they give the skateboard versatility, it is suitable for riding and riding tricks, for comfort and safety are responsible bearings ABEC 7. No doubt in the reliability of the skateboard design – the manufacturer gives a lifetime warranty on the suspension. On the one hand, it is a good investment (you have to pay about 5000 rubles for the purchase), on the other hand – a great marketing move that attracts most fans and professionals skateboarding. For this care about the customer GLOBE Bantam skateboard gets first place in our rating.
- Durable plastic deck;
- Holds speed after acceleration;
- Versatile use for riding and tricks;
- Lifetime suspension warranty;
- High quality and reliable bearings;
- Only available in black;
- The price is high (but it is completely justified by the quality).
HELLO WOOD Sc
Score : 4.8
On the third place in the rating experts placed Ridex Prime 31″ laconic design skateboard: black eight-layer deck of Canadian maple reinforced with fiberglass layer, Ridex brand logo on the bottom part. The shape of the board is classic, its dimensions are 31 x 8.13 inches. The wheels are small, 52 mm in diameter, they are similar in their rigidity to the previously discussed skateboard HELLO WOOD Sc
- l and is 100A.
- The large size of the board;
- Wide and reliable suspension, but within the established weight limits;
- Fiberglass-reinforced, eight-ply maple deck;
- Classic design;
- High price for the quality presented;
- Stiff cushioning.
- Bright light deck design;
- The optimal price for about 2800 rubles;
- Improved concave;
- Reduced bearing class;
- Rigid suspension;
- Reduced board dimensions;
- Comfortable shape and size of the deck, despite its compactness;
- Small turning radius;
- Plastic deck is suitable for riding in any weather;
- Wide, medium stiffness wheels;
- Reliable suspension with sturdy bearings;
- Requires skill to ride.
- Large deck size;
- Reasonable price;
- Good rollability;
- Wide suspension with large wheels of medium stiffness;
- Bright design;
- Unstable pattern;
- On off-road terrain, the wheel coating rubs off.
- Compact size, will fit in a backpack;
- If necessary, it is possible to replace components;
- Reliable operation of the system wheels and bearings;
- Maneuverability and precision control;
- Rigid deck doesn’t sag under weight even at maximum load;
- High transmission of vibration when riding on rough roads;
- Wide deck of the classic shape and with a large margin of safety;
- Low weight;
- The optimal price;
- Interesting design for kids and teens;
- The wheels are of medium rigidity on the bearing capacity of the calculated load;
- Not suitable for aggressive riding, even if the child reaches the appropriate skill level.
- Compact size;
- A wide suspension with good stability;
- Budget price;
- Low weight;
- Stiff wheels without proper cushioning;
- Weak for full-load bearings, but for children it’s just right.
- A wide and lightweight suspension;
- Large wheels of medium stiffness with natural cushioning;
- Reliable bearings;
- A wide range of colors;
- Plastic deck with anti-slip coating and one foot rest;
- In intense riding, the coating of the wheels is abraded.
- -ion capacity of 6.5 ampere-hours provides a run of up to 35 km, charged from the mains in 3.5 hours.
The unit is impressive in size: a nine-ply laminated deck of Canadian maple and bamboo with 38×12 inch sides is mounted on a wide twelve-inch suspension with large 83 mm wheels with 76A medium stiffness and very sturdy AVES 9 bearings. On such a board you can stand and move around comfortably without discomfort.
Features of the device include the ability to overcome a road angle of up to 25% or 14
, ABS braking system, control panel with LCD display.
In addition, the skateboard can be purchased a fast charger that fills the battery in just 1 hour and 20 minutes. For Evolve Bamboo GT Street skateboard you have to pay about 98000 rubles.
- A large wooden deck with a strength of over 100 kg;
- Powerful motors and a large battery;
- Optional fast charging;
- Remote Control;
- Large wheels of medium stiffness compensate for unevenness of the road surface;
- Wide balanced suspension;
- High price;
- Weight 7.9 kg.
HOVERBOT LB-2R electric skateboard is equipped with a battery capacity of 4.4 Amp-hour, able to provide a run of 22 km to the 1 kW motor with a maximum acceleration to 30 km / h, for which it gets second place in the ranking. On the other hand, with a weight of 7 kg its load capacity is much higher – up to 130 kg, but it is worth considering the reduction in speed in proportion to the degree of loading the deck measuring 1080×380 mm (42.5×14.9″).
Skateboard HOVERBOT LB-2R can climb slopes up to 15
, It can be used in temperatures as low as -10 C to +50 C, the battery and motor are protected against water and moisture, so the electric board is suitable for riding in any weather.
Another feature of the skateboard is an opening on the wooden deck, which makes it convenient to take the construction for carrying. True, you can get your hand dirty if your shoes were not particularly clean when riding. The average cost of HOVERBOT LB-2R reasonable – about 35000 rubles.
- Relatively low cost for a skateboard like this;
- Removable battery with a full charge of 4 hours;
- Handle for carrying on the deck;
- Optimal acceleration and power reserve;
- All weather operation;
- Large deck stable suspension;
- You can get dirty when carrying the board;
- When heavily loaded the speed drops.
Joy Automatic MC-251-400W
This is the only electric skateboard in our rating, declared by the manufacturer as a child, but suitable for use by riders up to 100 kg, that is, and teenagers, and adults. Acceleration to 23 km / h provides a relatively weak motor power of 400 watts, but the battery 7 amp-hour holds up to 18 km, but is charged for 5-6 hours. To compensate for this disadvantage, the manufacturer has provided a complete set of 2 batteries.
Joy Automatic MC-251-400W has large wheels with a diameter of 100 mm on steel suspension, the deck is made of plastic with a non-slip coating. The total weight of the construction is 15.5 kg, so it is difficult for children to carry the board. Buy an electric skateboard for an average of 20,000 rubles.
- Polymer deck with tucked sides for safe foot placement;
- Optimal price;
- 2 batteries;
- Interesting design;
- Good range on a single charge;
- Weak Motor;
- Does not always achieve the desired speed;
- Long charge;
Suspension of aluminum, the creators have calculated it for the weight of the user up to 100 kg, in this range of problems with the design is not fixed. Bearings AVES 7, as in the previously discussed models, they hold the stroke well and slightly compensate for the load when jumping. Ridex Prime 31″ can be purchased for an average of 4,500 rubles.
HELLO WOOD Strip
Closes the top four ranking of the best skateboards model HELLO WOOD Strip. It embodies compactness with a deck size of 31×7.75 inches; comfort provided by ABEC 5 bearings; excellent controllability thanks to 53 mm wheels with 95A stiffness and steel suspension. Children, teenagers and adult skateboarders alike feel comfortable on the skateboard. It’s impossible not to notice the bright design of the seven-layer board with the original silkscreen print. Concave (end bend) of the board is defined structurally, an improved aerodynamic balance is achieved.
The best longboards
Longboards designed for off-road or asphalt riding, have no curves on the board. Sometimes find application in skate parks.
enny Original 22″
This longboard fits the 70’s classic in shape and design. Deck length 22″ and width 6″ made of reinforced plastic with anti-slip coating, its color can be chosen from 11 solutions. The miniature longboard’s balance is provided by a narrow suspension that’s only 3 inches wide, so you’ll need a knack for riding. But the wheels have a diameter of 59 mm, their rigidity medium 78 A on bearings AVES 7, ride on the asphalt is comfortable without additional cushioning.
Compact size, stability and rideability make the Penny Original 22″ the top-selling skateboard in the segment worldwide: Suitable even for uneven surfaces and can be loaded into a backpack.
Average price of Penny Original 22″ mini longboard – 5600 rubles.
Big and colorful longboard Action PW-509 with a deck of Canadian and Chinese maple for adults up to 100 kg. Nine-ply glued board in size 40.16 x 9,06 inch set on a wide six-inch aluminum suspension, wheel diameter of 70 mm and 42 mm thick make the ride comfortable even on rough pavement, for rolling and partial cushioning are responsible bearings AVES 5. Despite its impressive size, it weighs only 3.4 kg and is easy to carry in your hands, but a regular backpack will not hold such a giant.
Action PW-509 requires no skill to ride, it’s comfortable to keep your balance, which is especially important for beginners. The price-quality ratio makes this longboard the second best in the rating category.
Buy Action PW-509 for 2900 rubles.
Bright and durable Arbor Woody longboard is suitable for athletes with experience and skill: The deck is small 23.The 50 x 6 inch longboard is mounted on a narrow 3″ suspension, a problem of stability is partially compensated by wide 59mm diameter wheels. The board is glued out of 7 layers of thin slats of Canadian maple with an anti-slip coating and can hold up to 100 kg of weight, including on uneven surfaces and fast rides. Wheels work properly and precisely thanks to ABEC 5 bearings.
On the whole Arbor Woody gets good reviews from users: maneuverable ride, bright design, rigid deck. The disadvantages are the stiffness of the course on an uneven road and tile, as well as the price of 5300 rubles.
The best kids skateboards
Skateboards for young children are small in size and more convenient for learning and control design. As a rule, the boards are designed for riders from 5-6 years old and up to 60-80 kg, but with the growth of comfort noticeably decreases due to the growth of the foot and the weight of the young athlete. When choosing a skateboard for a child to be especially careful, because at stake is the health and safety of young people! EXPERTOLOGY experts defined 3 most comfortable and reliable skateboard models.
Classic skateboard shape for kids and teens up to 60 kg. The nine-ply laminated chinese maple deck is durable, will not bend when riding or doing tricks, and is mounted on aluminum suspension with 54mm diameter stable wheels. By the way, their stiffness is medium (86A), so the movement even on uneven terrain feels comfortable without much vibration. ABEC 3 bearings are designed for children’s weight and non-aggressive riding.
Skateboard is small, deck size 30″ x 8″ and weighs only 2.5 kg, so the board is easy to carry, it fits in your backpack. FUN4U Cool is suitable for learning to ride and tricks, as well as for riders with experience, but not for the professional class. Buy a skateboard for an average of 2400 rubles.
SK (Sports Collection) Muffin JR
Skateboard smaller in size compared to the leader of the rating of children’s boards, the width of the deck is 6.5 inches and the length is 22 inches. On the one hand, it’s good: skate easy to take with you, put in a backpack, it weighs only 2 kg with a similar board construction of 9 layers of Chinese maple. On the other hand, the balance on this more difficult to catch, so a child will need some skill or help from the coach, parents, so the product of a domestic sports brand takes second place in the rating.
The undercarriage of skateboard SC Muffin JR is designed for riders with experience: the suspension is wide 5″, can withstand loads up to 80 kg, the wheels 50 mm hard, as in the adult professional skateboards – 95A, with bearings ABEC 1, suitable mainly for young athletes, not teenagers, or only for a quiet ride.
Thus, SC (Sports Collection) Muffin JR though designed for children and adolescents up to 80 kg, it is still recommended for teaching and active riding for young athletes to preserve the integrity of the bearings and an overall comfortable ride. But you can buy a skateboard inexpensively – about 1200 rubles.
Third place goes to the most compact skateboard MaxCity MC-PB22 with the size of the only plastic deck in the ranking 22.44 x 5.91 inches. By the way, for the smallest board, lightweight aluminum suspension is the most stable – 6 inches wide, it has large wheels 59 mm of medium stiffness 85 A (the lowest in the category) with strong bearings AVES 5.
Skateboard design is designed for riders up to 80 kg, suitable for teaching and professional skating. Comfort of movement and performance of the first tricks is provided by the deck of a special oblong shape with one raised edge for the leg rest before jumps and turns.
Buy a skateboard MaxCity MC-PB22 can be cheap – about 1500 rubles.
Best electric skateboards
For those who like to ride with the wind without much effort there is a progressive solution – electroskate (electric boards) with a drive. They are set in motion by remote control, as well as speed control. When braking, most models go into recuperation mode, which means the engine switches to generator mode and the battery stores energy from rolling the board by inertia. The main disadvantage of devices – high price compared to the usual skateboard.
Keep in mind the safety: the skateboard can reach considerable speed, so when moving on the sidewalk, you must exercise extreme caution. Driving on the roads on the electric board is prohibited by the traffic code.
Evolve Bamboo GT Street
On the first place of the rating of the best electric skateboards is located the most powerful skateboard Evolve Bamboo GT Street. Its heart is two motors with a total capacity of 3 kW, which accelerates the device to 42 km / h in four speeds. The battery