- How to choose a quality music center with karaoke
- Rating of the best music centers with karaoke
- LG CK99
- Sony MHC-V90DW
- LG XBOOM OL100
- anasonic SC-MAX3500GS
- Sony SHAKE-X10D
- anasonic SC-UA7EE-K
- LG OM7550K
- Sony MHC-V11
- anasonic SC-UA3GS-K
- Sony MHC-V21D
- Hyundai H-MC180
*Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to purchase. It is necessary to consult with a specialist before purchase.
Music centers are a full-fledged alternative to home speakers with a variety of additional features. Their system unit is equipped not only with programs for reading information from media, but also FM modules for listening to the radio, and even karaoke.
The editorial team of Expertology magazine together with the rankqua portal team
- The declared power of acoustics;
- The quality of workmanship and reliability of the structural elements;
- feedback from consumers and experts;
- availability of special features and additional equipment.
How to choose a quality music center with karaoke
Choosing a music center is a lot like choosing speakers for your home theater or personal computer. However, there are peculiarities that you should be aware of and take into account. To make the right choice of music center with karaoke, be sure to pay attention to the following parameters:
Number of columns.The main indicator, which is determined by a set of speakers. As a rule, according to the completeness they are divided into:
- 1.0 is a special type of music center that can switch sound sources alternately. You buy a control unit with Bluetooth, and then buy additional speakers included in the same system (for example, X-Boom from LG). By placing them around your home, you can set the sound to go wherever you want your music sharing device (smartphone) to go. A very interesting and rare variant of the center.
- 2.0 – Classic Type with two front-facing speakers. Performs well in the midrange, but is weak in the bass and can undercut the treble.
- 2.1 – System with speakers and built-in subwoofer. Realistically conveys low sounds. Inexpensive speakers may have more bass than treble, so if you’re a music lover be sure to check the sound quality at high volume. Also be sure to ask about the depth of the equalizer settings.
- 2.2 – centers for large rooms, combining two subwoofers. Allows you to achieve a perfect surround bass. If you plan to organize a party with loud music, it is not necessary to buy an expensive model, but if sound quality is paramount, it is better to spend on something more solid.
Sound quality. It depends on the number of speakers and the number of bands. There is a difference between one-way, two-way and three-way music centers. The first two types reproduce sound in a limited frequency range, with distortions and not of a high enough quality.
If your budget isn’t an issue, we recommend choosing a three-way system. They consist of at least three speakers, which are responsible for separate reproduction of the bass, midrange and treble. This ensures the best sound transmission without interference. You can also pay attention to the premium two-way speakers, but in any case do not get the centers with one speaker.
Audio Source Support.Music centers can read USB sticks, DVDs, or CDs, play tracks via Bluetooth, or playlists over the Internet with Wi-Fi. They may also be equipped with an FM module and micro-flash drive interfaces. Choose what works for you. Our recommendation – must be Bluetooth.
cabinet material.It’s simple: the thicker and tighter the speaker cabinet, the cleaner the sound that comes out. Most modern loudspeakers are mounted in wooden enclosures made of beech, oak or pine. They are responsible for the overall weight of the product. You can make a rule: if the speakers are very heavy, it means that their sound will be of higher quality (if the speakers themselves are not cheap).
The alternative to wood is plastic. To minimize noise in plastic enclosures, their corners are smoothed. So it makes sense to pay attention to these models as well.
Rating of the best music centers with karaoke
|Rating of the best music centers with karaoke||1||LG CK99||63 439€|
|2||Sony MHC-V90DW||63 030€|
|3||LG XBOOM OL100||47 680€|
|5||Sony SHAKE-X10D||31 950€|
|7||LG OM7550K||19 990€|
|8||Sony MHC-V11||13 880€|
|10||Sony MHC-V21D||16 990€|
|11||Hyundai H-MC180||5 190€|
The prize-winner of our rating is LG CK99, belonging to the same line of X-Boom. Its leadership is due to one single factor: the enormous sound output power. 5000 watts is hard to imagine and easy to listen to. The main emphasis, of course, is on bass. However, there is a dedicated band for high-frequency playback, so they come out clean and not “cut”.
If we put aside the performance figures, the model is seriously inferior to Sony MHC-V90DW in terms of equipment. From the “technology” it has only two ports for a flash drive, a headphone output and for another subwoofer, as well as Bluetooth and two microphone inputs for karaoke. The FM-module is much more vital, able to memorize up to 50 radio stations. Oh yeah, we totally forgot to mention the compactness. However, hardly anyone can compare dimensions of this model from Sony, and any other center will have advantage in ergonomics on its background.
- 5000 watts of power – the highest score in the ranking;
- Very clean reproduction of high frequencies and deep bass;
- Nice design;
- high performance.
- not found.
You can hardly call this music center anything other than grandiose. It weighs a whopping 50.5kg, 37kg of which is allotted to the twin-speaker subwoofer alone. In general, here is implemented quite a complex scheme with 10 sound sources: in addition to the sub in the speaker there are 4 tweeter and midrange speakers of different diameters. Together they give 2,000 watts of power, and their sound is slightly cleaner and better than the LG XBOOM OL 100.
In general, the level of this music center surpasses everything that came before. In addition to Bluetooth and USB input, it has an Ethernet port and a Wi-Fi module. So you get to play music directly from the net. In addition, support for 7 audio formats should be noted, including.ch. and FLAC. FM module isn’t going anywhere either. Not that it performs mediocrely, but also without any innovation. The karaoke function was also introduced as a “tick”, but its quality is very good.
- Excellent build quality;
- very good sound with 3-band split (bass, midrange and treble are reproduced by different sources);
- Great design and impressive looks;
- Internet connectivity;
- Gesture control and via smartphone.
- not found.
LG XBOOM OL100
Very cool midi system of X-Boom line with very deep parameters of sound adjustment and the most powerful equipment. Its power is 2,000 watts, and it is worth saying, it sounds really grandiose. The two front speakers give you 550 watts each, and the main “power” comes from a 900 watt subwoofer. So you can easily identify the dominant frequencies for playback.
Indeed, the bass here is very voluminous and deep. However, the quality of the midrange/high frequency speakers was not compromised. The reason for this, in part, is the equalizer with 18 presets. In general, it should be understood that this music center is designed for discos and parties. Consequently, you shouldn’t be surprised to find features such as Pro DJ and X-Boom Plus wireless device pairing
- Beautiful design (red projection on the black body);
- 2000 watts of power;
- DJing functions and the ability to combine the X-Boom series units into one large unit;
- firmware update using a smartphone;
- 3 USB interfaces.
The midiosystem made in similar visual style to Panasonic SC-UA3GS-K. The slightly futuristic design with blue backlight looks just great. But we haven’t forgotten about the functionality: The two dedicated speakers have three bands for bass, midrange and treble. Their total power is not disclosed, so as not to mislead consumers, and this is a very competent policy.
For the first time in the rating the second USB Type A input is placed on the panel of musical center connectors. From the basic options we can note the function of recording to a storage device, the presence of own memory of the device and the connection of two microphones. There is an FM-receiver with 30 slots to memorize stations and CD drive to activate the karaoke function.Also, note that the system is quite cumbersome and weighs 19 kg assembled. But the marks from users are perfect: the drawbacks are only sharp high frequencies.
- optimal price-performance ratio;
- Stylish, recognizable design;
- duplicate slot for USB Type A;
- Three-channel speaker breakdown.
- playback of high frequencies is a little bit sharp.
Assembled acoustics of three modules with very nice design and the average ratings from consumers. Is a fine example of good 1200 watt horn technology. Each front speaker has one woofer and one tweeter, which are connected to a system unit with Dolby Digital decoder and equalizer. Total weight of the entire center is 17.8 kg, but the dimensions are very compact.
The SHAKE-X10D music center supports Xvid, MPEG-4, MP3 and VCD formats. The main unit has a built-in DVD receiver, FM module and Bluetooth interface as well as numerous inputs and outputs (including HDMI, composite input, stereo audio, USB Type-A and 2 microphone jacks). The only nuance of this center lies in the high purchase price – it is unlikely that many will allow themselves to spend more than 30 thousand rubles for its purchase.
- Nice design, nice layout;
- high power and very good sound;
- Availability of deep bass settings;
- A large number of supported audio formats;
- plenty of connection interfaces.
- high price;
- The lack of a connection cable in the kit.
14-kilogram mini-system with rather plain appearance, but very big internal “potential”. Produces up to 1400 watts of power with a set of speakers 2.1. The main load is, of course, on the subwoofer, but the high and middle frequencies also do not suffer from lack of quality. Sounds quite clean and spacious, in t.ch. thanks to the wide possibilities of adjusting the equalizer.
SC-UA7EE-K has 2 microphone and audio stereo inputs, FM-module with memory for 20 stations and Bluetooth-receiver. It has NFC support and stream recording to a USB drive. It’s controlled in t.ch. with smartphones, but the application itself is quite strange and inconvenient. In some cases it is possible to notice the “crackling” of the plastic on top of the speaker after it is turned off. This is a feature of the build, but if you are sensitive to extraneous sounds, it is better to test it extra before buying.
- high power;
- moderately clear and high-quality sound
- 2 microphone inputs;
- ability to control via smartphones.
- inconvenient control software;
- radio unit can fail.
Midi speaker from LG has a very interesting appearance and belongs to the famous series of super-powerful audio systems X-Boom. The total power of the center channel of the reproduction of the MF and HF, as well as a dedicated subwoofer, is 1000 watts. Naturally, the sound that comes out is very loud and spacious. And if in the case of the previous competitor there are doubts in the overestimation of the characteristics, here the power is specified correctly – the experts confirm the declared number.
The OM7550K comes with a DVD drive and karaoke disc, and an FM module with a memory function for 50 frequencies. There is HDMI output, there is USB Type A and Bluetooth receiver. The system itself is quite bulky, but this is a cost of high power and a lot of additional elements in the system.
- very loud sound;
- A cool combination of black panel and red backlighting;
- wide range of equalizer settings;
- Dolby Digital codec, which improves the sound.
- 30kg weight;
- No headphone output.
In fact, the appearance of this mini system is very similar to the Sony MHC-V21D. It uses the same set of speakers 2.1 with a dedicated subwoofer for bass reproduction. But the sound quality is much better here: 470 W of power guarantees the creation of loud and clear sound. Not the least of which is the equalizer with 9 presets.
From other model’s features the support of NFC tags for fast connection, support of VCD, WMA and MP3 formats, as well as the function of recording the stream on a USB-flash drive stands out. In the memory of the device there are 20 radio stations, and the tuning range allows you to search for a wave on a frequency from 87.5 to 108 MHz. MHC-V11 is much more bulky than previous competitors and weighs 10kg. Disadvantage of the model is “over-bassing” – too many low frequencies with mediocre reproduction of high and medium frequencies. If you want a center for noisy parties go for it. If not, you’d better look at other models.
- Surrounding bass sound, especially for large parties;
- pleasant appearance;
- High build quality;
- input for 2 microphones.
- too much bass – can not be corrected by adjusting settings;
- The claimed power is grossly overestimated.
Horizontal mini system of block assembly, which has a set of speakers 2.0. This means it has two wide frequency range speakers. Their total power is 300 W. Model also has equalizer and CD-receiver that reads CD-R and CD-RW discs.
Panasonic SC-UA3GS-K small size (650x196x274 mm) and light weight – only 6,1 kg. The music can be streamed for playback via Bluetooth, or downloaded via USB-flash drive. The system also includes a radio with a frequency memory of 30 radio stations. Except that the signal is often interrupted, and according to users, this is due to problems with the center itself. Many single out as a drawback the lack of a headphone jack and the inability to connect them to the device, even via Bluetooth. Otherwise it is an excellent model, which is worth its money.
- The clarity and power of the sound;
- compact size;
- attractive design;
- Easy to adjust the sound via remote control.
- No way to plug in headphones;
- Poor radio reception, often gets hit by interference.
Sony single-unit music center with speaker kit 2.1. Has two small speakers for midrange and treble, and one large woofer for surround bass sound. The cabinet is in traditional black with a stylish blue-and-white illuminated subwoofer. The model has an equalizer, Dolby Digital decoder and optical DVD drive. Designed for several eras at once, so to speak.
Among the features of MHC-V21D we should mention the presence of Bluetooth-interface and FM-receiver, USB Type A slot and HDMI for output the picture from karaoke disks to the screen. The center is also good in terms of ergonomics: with dimensions 324x600x286 mm it weighs only 8,4 kg. But the price is considerably bigger, than the price of the previous representative. But the sound quality and build quality is better.
- small size;
- Wide connectivity;
- the presence of backlighting;
- Bluetooth and FM receiver with 20 slots to memorize radio stations.
- not very clear bass;
- Inconvenient control via Android and the included remote control.
A single-block mini audio playback system without an optical drive. Featuring a nice design with a combination of black body and several shades of blue/purple on the speakers and decorations. Has a fairly compact size (230x572x220 mm) and weighs only 8 kg.
For sound reproduction in Hyundai H-MC180 the set of two speakers of average frequency (MF) with 80 W total capacity is responsible. That is, when buying this model, you should not expect deep bass, as a subwoofer in the design is not provided. The center is able to play sound from memory cards such as Secure Digital and M
- Can be used with a regular USB memory stick (Type A), as well as tuned to FM-wave and Bluetooth. Naturally, it comes with karaoke mode and microphone support. But then again, do not put too much faith in the quality of this function.
- A large number of readable media + Bluetooth;
- Nice appearance;
- low price.
- Lack of a subwoofer and low frequencies;
- Only 60 minutes of battery life.