- How to choose a tablet for the Internet: 5 useful tips
- Rating of the best tablets for the Internet
- The best inexpensive tablets for the Internet (up to 10000 rubles)
- Huawei MediaPad T3 8.0 16Gb LTE
- Lenovo Tab 4 TB-8504X 16Gb 4G
- Huawei MediaPad T3 10 16Gb LTE
- The best internet tablets for price-to-quality (budget under 25,000)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T719 LTE 32Gb
- Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 64Gb LTE
- Lenovo Tab 4 TB-X704L 64Gb
- The best tablets for premium internet
- Apple iPad Pro 12.9 128Gb Wi-Fi + Cell ar
- Rating of the best tablets for the Internet with a good battery
- Lenovo Tab 4 TB-X304L 32Gb
- Lenovo Tab 3 Business X70L 16Gb
A tablet is a very handy device for web surfing. Pages are displayed on the big screen either in the usual “computer” form or in a layout specially adapted to the touch screen interface. In addition, many tablets support multi-window mode, which greatly simplifies the work with several applications – for example, a browser and messenger – at the same time.
We’ve ranked 10 tablets that are ideal for surfing the web.
How to choose a tablet for the Internet: 5 useful tips
In order for the tablet for the Internet to become a truly useful and practical device that will provide convenient access to the mobile network from almost anywhere, it is recommended to adhere to several tips when choosing.
- Type of mobile Internet– 4G LTE. Different generations of mobile Internet are distinguished primarily by the access speed. If 3G provides a stable 500 kbit/sec only near the tower (and it is desirable not to move), the 4G LTE “gives out” at least 1 Mbit/sec, even if the subscriber is riding in the car. What’s more, in most tablets the generations are backward compatible. That is, if the tablet supports 4G LTE, then it is likely to be able to connect to 3G networks, too. The opposite is not the case. Of course, 4G LTE leads to higher battery consumption, but in many cases it is better to sacrifice battery life than speed and stability of connection.Screen– At least 8 inches. The “virtual DPI” of the tablet’s web interface depends on the screen diagonal. On devices, which are equipped with a display with a diagonal of 7 inches or less, the “phone” display mode is enabled by default. As a consequence, using them for web surfing can be a little uncomfortable. Only more or less “fresh” tablets running Android 7.0 Nougat and newer, support DPI switching. However, despite the fact that it is 2018, only a few manufacturers produce devices on current versions of the operating system.Battery– at least 5000 mAh.Constantly connected to the mobile Internet leads to the active consumption of battery power. So if you want your tablet at least a few hours without “asking for a socket,” you should choose a device with a battery of at least 5000 mAh. But the battery at 6000-7000 mAh and above will be enough for a whole day of active use.RAM capacity– at least 2GB.The web pages displayed on the tablet screen are stored exactly in RAM. In addition, this “temporary storage” is used by the operating system itself and by running applications. As a consequence, if there is a lack of RAM, the tablet may lag, hang up and just “glitch”. The “minimum viable” amount of RAM for internet tablets in 2018 is 2 GB. And smooth operation without freezing is achieved only on devices equipped with 3-4 GB.Instant Memory– at least 16GB. The permanent memory (aka “internal storage”) stores everything: the operating system itself, which, depending on the intensity of modifications, can take 3-8 GB of space; user-installed applications; various photos, music, downloaded data, and much, much more. Therefore, in order for the device to work properly, you need a lot of permanent memory. At least 16GB – and that’s a drive you’ll have to periodically purge. Better, of course, 32 or 64 GB of internal memory.Other specs and manufacturers. Other features you can choose based on your needs. Lovers of mobile photography need a tablet with a good camera, who want to watch online movies and commercials – with a high resolution screen, those who are used to carry the entire media library – with support for MicroSD cards from 64 GB. Speaking of manufacturers, there are four companies – Huawei and Lenovo in the budget price segment; Samsung in the mid-range and Apple in the top.
Rating of the best tablets for the Internet
Nomination place product name price The best inexpensive tablets for the Internet (up to 10000 rubles) 1 Huawei MediaPad T3 8.0 16Gb LTE 9 990€ 2 Lenovo Tab 4 TB-8504X 16Gb 4G 10 400€ 3 Huawei MediaPad T3 10 16Gb LTE 10 390€ The best tablets for the Internet by “price-performance” (under 25000 budget) 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T719 LTE 32Gb 24 590€ 2 Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 64Gb LTE 24 390€ 3 Lenovo Tab 4 TB-X704L 64Gb 21 990€ The best premium internet tablets 1 Apple iPad Pro 12.9 128Gb Wi-Fi + Cell
61 860€ 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 SM-T825 LTE 32Gb 35 500€ Best Tablets for the Internet with Good Battery 1 Lenovo Tab 4 TB-X304L 32Gb 13 490€ 2 Lenovo Tab 3 Business X70L 16Gb 17 989€
The best inexpensive tablets for the Internet (up to 10000 rubles)
Huawei MediaPad T3 8.0 16Gb LTE
Why first place in the ranking: The cheapest, yet with more or less optimal characteristics.
Description: Ultra budget tablet Huawei MediaPad T3 8.0 is a great solution to buy if you need a device to access the Internet, but the budget is very limited. The hardware platform of the device is based on an energy efficient quad-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 with a clock frequency of 1.4GHz, which is complemented by 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. All in all, the “necessary minimum.”.
At the same time, the tablet is equipped with a pretty good screen. The 8-inch display is made by TFT IPS technology, which provides good color reproduction and wide viewing angles, while having a resolution of 1280×800 pixels – that is 170 dots per inch.
The tablet supports 4G LTE standards used in Russia and CIS countries, and can also work in 3G networks. The battery of the device has a capacity of 4800 mAh, but thanks to the optimization of the hardware, its volume is enough for a day.
- Bright, saturated screen with rich colors;
- Dense build and low weight of the device;
- Optimal performance for web surfing;
- Very loud speakers, even on the minimum level;
- No automatic screen brightness adjustment;
- Strange location of the charging jack;
Lenovo Tab 4 TB-8504X 16Gb 4G
Why second place in the ranking: Good combination of price and technical specifications plus almost pure Android.
Description: A good alternative to the previous tablet. Both devices (Huawei MediaPad T3 and Lenovo Tab 4) are built on the same hardware platform, and therefore the specifications are similar. This tablet is also based on a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor with a clock speed of 1.4 GHz, which is complemented by 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage. The screens are also the same – 8-inch TFT IPS matrix with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels.
The main difference between the devices is the software. If the tablet from Huawei runs on a proprietary operating system EMUI based on Android, then the shell of the device from Lenovo intervened minimal. It’s pretty much a barebones Android 7.1 Nougat – except that the Launcher is non-standard.
Also, the tablet from Lenovo is equipped with a slightly higher-capacity battery – at 4850 mAh. Battery is enough for a day of mixed use.
- Optimal performance for web surfing;
- Virtually pure Android 7.1;
- Clear and rich stereo sound;
- Slow charging from the power adapter;
- A very short charging cable included;
- The camera does not cope well with “unnatural” shooting conditions (too bright, too dark, etc.).d.);
Huawei MediaPad T3 10 16Gb LTE
Why the third place in the ranking: The same hardware platform as the 8-inch version, but a lower pixel density on the screen.
Description: In fact, this is just a 10-inch version of the tablet Huawei MediaPad T3, which took first place in our ranking of ultra-budget devices for mobile Internet. The hardware platform is the same as its predecessors – energy efficient quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor clocked at 1.4GHz, 2GB RAM and 16GB RAM.
The main difference is the screen. Here it is 9.6-inch, although it retains a relatively low resolution of 1280×800 pixels for such a diagonal. The dots are visually noticeable, which can spoil the experience of using the tablet for people who are used to FHD screens.
Even the battery is the same as the first model, at 4800 mAh. And, since there are no special changes in the hardware platform between the tablets, it provides exactly the same battery life – about 10 hours of mixed use.
- Bright, saturated screen;
- Optimal performance and the latest version of the operating system;
- Slim, lightweight, quality-assembled case;
- Visually noticeable low pixel density;
- Slow charging from the included power supply;
- No proximity and light intensity sensors;
The best internet tablets for price-to-quality (budget under 25,000)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T719 LTE 32Gb
Why it tops the list: High performance and a delightful screen.
Description: If you plan to watch video on the tablet (movies, TV series or just movies), this model is worth to take without hesitation. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 has a very high quality screen with excellent color reproduction. The 8-inch matrix is made with Super AMOLED Plus technology, which provides realistic shades and deep black color. In addition, it has a Retina-like resolution of 2048×1536 pixels. In addition, the pleasure of watching video will bring stereo speakers.
With other technical features of the tablet, everything is also good. It has an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor clocked at 1.8 GHz, which is complemented by 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage.
The battery of the tablet is relatively “small” – its capacity is 4000 mAh. But thanks to the AMOLED display and hardware optimization the device can work from a single charge up to 8-9 hours
- Bright, saturated display with high resolution, realistic color reproduction and deep blacks;
- High performance and good autonomy;
- Slim, lightweight, high quality build;
- Not the highest quality camera;
- Lots of pre-installed, not always necessary programs;
- Slow Charge;
Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 64Gb LTE
Why second place in the ranking: High performance and a lot of permanent memory.
Description: MediaPad M4 – flagship tablet from Huawei in 2016 is great for working on the Internet. Over the time since its release, it has remained relevant, but lost in price, so it is now a good buy if you want a “fast” device of the middle class.
In particular, the tablet is equipped with a proprietary octa-core HiSi processor
- con Kirin 950 clocked at 2.3 GHz, which is complemented by 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. But the main advantage of Huawei MediaPad M3 is the screen. With a diagonal of 8.4-inch it has a resolution of 2560×1600 pixels and is made by TFT IPS technology, which provides good color reproduction and wide viewing angles.
The tablet battery has a capacity of 5100 mAh and it lasts for 1-1.5 days of use. Other features include stereo speakers, 8-megapixel cameras and 2 SIM card slots, as well as support for microSD cards up to and including 128GB.
- High-quality screen with Retina-like resolution;
- Dense build and metal body;
- High performance (4GB of RAM and 64GB of permanent memory at once);
- Weak oleophobic coating on the screen;
- There is no support for fast charging;
- The back cover, though aluminum, does get scratched;
Lenovo Tab 4 TB-X704L 64Gb
Why third place in the ranking: High performance, but lower screen resolution than its predecessors.
Description: Tab 4 – Lenovo’s flagship tablet of 2017. That’s why it is equipped with the best components at the time of release. In particular, the device’s hardware platform is based on an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2.0 GHz, which is complemented by 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage.
The device’s screen is 10.1-inch IPS matrix, which has a resolution higher than F
- l HD (which is 1920×1200 pixels). Display technology provides good color reproduction and wide viewing angles. The tablet is also equipped with stereo speakers that provide high-quality surround sound.
- 64GB of internal storage;
- Long battery life;
- Space sharing mode for multiple users;
- Glass back panel, which makes the case slippery;
- The camera doesn’t take very good pictures;
- Super AMOLED screen (excellent color reproduction, wide viewing angles, deep black);
- Support for writing notes with stylus on the locked screen;
- Excellent sound (speakers developed by AKG;
- Little internal memory, you will have to use a MicroSD card;
- Expensive and rare accessories;
- Unreliable paint job, scratches easily;
- High performance, which is enough for most everyday tasks and games;
- Android 7.1 with minimal modifications from the manufacturer;
- High battery life;
- Low resolution main and front camera;
- Weak oleophobic coating of the screen;
- There is no light sensor and automatic brightness control;
- Optimal for most everyday tasks performance;
- Up to several days of battery life in mixed use mode;
- High quality screen (resolution, color rendering, brightness);
- Little internal memory;
- Plastic screen coating with a weak oleophobic coating;
- Slow charging;
The main advantage of the tablet is a huge battery. With a capacity of 7000 mAh, it provides up to 2 days of battery life in mixed use. The tablet supports fast charging via USB Type-C, so it “spends less time at the socket.
The best tablets for premium internet
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 128Gb Wi-Fi + Cell
Why second place: The best alternative to the iPad Pro – but only 32GB of internal storage.
Description: Samsung’s flagship tablet of 2017. Like its predecessor, it got a Super AMOLED screen with Retina-like resolution of 2048×1536 pixels. At the same time the display diagonal is 9.7 inches, which provides a high enough density of dots that it is not possible to see them with the naked eye.
The tablet hardware platform is based on the top-class processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, which has four cores and a clock frequency of 2.15GHz. Complemented by 4GB of fourth-generation RAM and 32GB of internal storage. MicroSD card slot available.
The camera can also be written in the unambiguous merits of the tablet. Here it has a resolution of 13 megapixels. In addition, the device is equipped with a 6000 mAh capacity battery, stereo speakers, USB Type-C connector with fast charging and NFC module for contactless payment.
Rating of the best tablets for the Internet with a good battery
Lenovo Tab 4 TB-X304L 32Gb
Why the first place in the ranking: Battery of 7000 mAh and excellent components.
Description: The main advantage of the tablet Lenovo Tab 4 TB-X304L is a long battery life. In active use, it can “last” 12 hours – and that means you have to charge it every few days. It is quite “fast” – enough performance for most “normal” tasks.
Specifically, the tablet’s hardware platform is based on a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz, which is complemented by 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. The screen is made by TFT IPS technology, which provides high brightness and good color rendering, has a diagonal of 10.1 inch and 1280×800 megapixel resolution.
Other features include stereo speakers and a 5-megapixel main camera.
Lenovo Tab 3 Business X70L 16Gb
Why second place in the ranking: The battery is also at 7000 mAh, but a little less performance and only 16GB of permanent memory.
Description: Lenovo Tab 3 Business is a model tablet for the Internet middle class. So, its hardware platform is based on a quad-core MediaTek MT8735 processor with a clock frequency of 1M Hz.3 GHz, which is complemented by 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage. MicroSD card support is available, with a maximum capacity of 64GB.
The tablet’s screen is 10.1 inch, with a resolution just above F
- l HD: 1920×1200 pixels. It is made by TFT IPS technology, has good color reproduction and high brightness.
The 7,000 mAh battery provides up to 1.5-2 days of battery life. The device also boasts stereo speakers and an 8-megapixel main camera.
However, the tablet has few sensors – only an accelerometer. That is why it does not have automatic brightness control or turn off the display when closing the case.