- Rating of the best DVRs with two cameras
- BlackVue DR900S-2CH
- IROAD X9
- Street Storm CVR-N9220-G
- Artway MD-165 Combo (5 in 1)
- AXPER Universal
- Dunobil Spiegel Duo
- Artway AV-630 Android
- Artway AV-394
*Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, not an advertisement and is not a guide to purchase. Before you buy, you need to consult with an expert.
Video recorders with two cameras are functional devices, allowing you to monitor the situation not only in front of the car, but also in the cabin, or from any other side, as required for the review of the driver. Typically, camera footage comes to the main display in dual-channel mode, dividing the main screen into two parts, while providing synchronous recording of files to a flash drive.
As in other segments of the market of car components, in DVRs there is a huge competition between companies and, consequently, between the goods produced. And the number of really good, noteworthy copies is reduced against the background of the release of low-performance models, the quality parameters of which leave much to be desired. With that in mind, the Expertology team conducted their own market analysis and selected eight of the best dual-camera DVRs. Technical specifications of the nominees, consumer reviews, price points and opinions of in-house experts of the team were taken as the criteria for selection.
Rating of the best DVRs with two cameras
|Rating of the best DVRs with two cameras||1||DR900S-2CH||44 890€|
|2||IROAD X9||22 990€|
|3||Street Storm CVR-N9220-G||11 890€|
|4||Artway MD-165 Combo (5 in 1)||9 078€|
|5||AXPER Universal||7 790€|
|6||Dunobil Spiegel Duo||3 150€|
|7||Artway AV-630 Android||6 580€|
|8||Artway AV-394||3 326€|
Historically, the first representative of video recorders with the ability to record video in 4K format, which visited Russia and became a hit of sales among the wealthy segment of consumers. The main camera BlackVue DR900S-2CH has a matrix of 8 megapixels, which significantly improves the picture resolution up to 3840×2160 pixels. At the same time, the frame rate remained at 30, and the viewing angle was 162 degrees. Additional camera, in turn, for reasons of elementary economy of space on the medium, has remained at the level of video recording in F
- l HD, being equipped with a 2.1 megapixel sensor and the ability to view 139 degrees.
- The ability to record video in 4K resolution;
- working temperature range from -20 to +70 degrees Celsius;
- Shock and motion sensors, Wi-Fi module;
- Parking mode with projection of parking arcs on the image.
- A very high price for “extra” technology.
- Very high constructional reliability;
- optimal balance between price, quality and features;
- Both cameras have a viewing angle of 170 degrees;
- the ability to connect external cameras to the device;
- G-sensor, motion sensor and GPS-module;
- Stably works at -30 degrees Celsius.
- high price.
- high quality workmanship;
- great popularity and trust from users;
- The viewing angle of the main camera is 170 degrees;
- Presence of image stabilizer, shock sensor and motion sensor, as well as GPS module.
- for high resolution video the maximum amount of additional memory of 32 GB will not be enough;
- 250 mAh battery.
- neat design;
- The presence of all basic sensors, backlighting and other necessary modules;
- implemented radar detector with a lot of tolerances;
- large viewing angles on the leading and rear cameras (170 and 140 degrees, respectively);
- Optimal ratio between quality and price.
- Does not support more than 32 GB of additional memory.
- improved (relative to competitors lower in the rating) the main camera: has a photo function and 140 degrees of viewing angle;
- more reliable due to simplicity: the absence of a number of sensors integrated into the system;
- is able to withstand up to -20 degrees Celsius;
- 7 inch display.
- The absence of continuous recording function – only a cycle shooting duration of 2 minutes.
- Excellent price-quality ratio;
- The presence of modules GPS, Wi-Fi, motion sensors and shock;
- Possibility to use the rear camera in parking mode;
- 5-inch touch screen display;
- The presence of backlighting on both cameras: IR for the master, LED for the rear.
- Inadmissible for use in regions with cold winters.
- reasonable price;
- the presence of shock and motion sensors;
- Video recording formats F
- HD and HD (main and additional cameras, respectively);
- The backlight of the screen is 5 inches in size;
- Is compatible with flash drives with a capacity of 64GB.
- The minimum operating temperature is -10 degrees Celsius – not suitable for regions with cold winters.
- very low price;
- F-format recording of main camera
- l HD;
- High quality of assembly, reliability;
- Continuous and loop recording functions.
- operating stability.
Pleasant fact about the BlackVue DR900S-2CH is that the DVR contains all the necessary sensors to respond to various traffic situations (G-sensor, motion detection sensor), and also has a very nice bundle (MicroSD 16GB, card reader, full-fledged mounting kit). And if the technical aspects of the device does not have any complaints, the feasibility of releasing such a product in principle raises serious doubts. Not all people have the opportunity to view the received footage on TVs, PCs and laptops, not to mention the fact why they need this quality enhancement. However, the sales have started and it’s only a matter of time before the 4K-vehicle recorders become a mass phenomenon.
One step away from the leader of the ranking was the video recorder IROAD X9 – perfect both in terms of design and in terms of technical equipment. Although expensive, this device provides excellent quality video recording on both cameras, one of which can be oriented to the cabin or rear window. Capture in 1920×1080 pixels, with a viewing angle of 150 degrees (diagonally) and the availability of night mode, which includes a complex backlight and a set of special system filters. Power to the block of DVR is supplied exclusively from the on-board network, which, on the one hand, adds an extra wire on the front panel, and on the other hand, eliminates various “misunderstandings” with low-capacity batteries.
The most important function of the IROAD X9, according to most, was the ability to connect multiple external cameras, which can be used as additional tracking system. Of the other features most often distinguished 128 GB supported for memory expansion, as well as the lower threshold of operating temperature, equal to -30 degrees Celsius – this is the best indicator among competitors. in the end this is a perfect representative of the premium segment, the price of which is fully offset by the characteristics and reliability of the branded assembly.
Street Storm CVR-N9220-G
Pretty practical DVR with two cameras, which took third place for the balance of the basic features and high quality performance. If all of the previous competitors were based on 2 megapixel sensor, the Street Storm CVR-N9220-G uses 3-megapixel CMOS sensor – this is more than enough to provide excellent quality when recording video in 1920×1080 resolution. In turn, the equipment of each camera infrared illumination also has a positive impact on the quality parameters of filming, improving the frame obtained in the dark. There is an image stabilizer, as well as a set of two sensors that turn on the camera when you hit or hit in the visibility zone of a moving object.
A small plusvideoregaet Storm CVR-N9220-G is that at actual operating temperature ranging from -10 to +50 degrees Celsius, it can be used in winter: since all parts are in the cabin in front of the heater, car heating will allow to make startup device. Slightly disappointing 32 GB of memory available for expansion of the main volume (512 MB), as well as the battery capacity of 250 mAh, which is hardly enough even for one cycle of a complete filling of the flash card.
Artway MD-165 Combo (5 in 1)
The last DVR from a group of devices from Artway is a real find for consumers from regions with quite a harsh climate, not only combines a whole 5 functions, but also allows you to use them at temperatures down to -25 degrees Celsius. The main camera Artway MD-165 is designed to record video in 1920×1080 resolution frame rate up to 30 frames per second. With the same fundamental performance indicators, the manufacturer managed to expand its field of view up to 170 degrees, at once surpassing the competitors by several steps. In comparison with previous models, the additional camera has also moved to another level: here the frame rate reaches 25 fps, the viewing angle has increased to 140 degrees, and the resolution has grown to F
The remaining four functions of the DVR Artway MD-165 came to a fairly powerful radar detector with an expanded field of frequency tolerance (to detect different complexes and standard sources of signal), GPS-system, parktronic and signal system “SOS” (a kind of GLONASS). In general, with its main task it copes well, as confirmed by hundreds of users, and the other implements at a high level. Unfortunately, manufacturers severely miscalculated with the possibility of expanding memory, giving the opportunity to put a micro-flashes only 32 GB, which, for all the quality of recorded material, barely enough and for 2 hours of full-fledged shooting.
From a technical point of view DVRAXPER Universal is comparable with Dunobil Spiegel Duo, but has a couple of important differences: both positive and negative. In the context of the description for the rating we should start the review with the strengths of the DVR, but we will do otherwise. The biggest disappointment of this model: the absence of continuous recording. The manufacturers either failed or did not want to implement this feature, in connection with what both cameras can record only bits of video format mov. 2 minutes. There is no full-fledged GPS-navigator, and the memory expansion through a flash drive is available only for 32 GB.
Now for the positives. Main camera AXPER Universal has gained a photo mode and the viewing angle of 140 degrees, which, together with the F
- l HD resolution gives a pretty good end result. The second, rear, camera works to record at 1280×720 pixels at 25 frames per minute, and has a field of view of 120 degrees. It has a function of projection of parking lines, moreover, quite tolerable and accurate. The minimum operating temperature of the device is -20 degrees Celsius, which is on the verge of applicability for cold regions of Russia. As a result, AXPER Universal – not a bad DVR mid-range, which represents a good start for the modernization of the following versions.
Dunobil Spiegel Duo
Reliable representative of the German segment of video recorders from Dunobil company, which took the sixth place in the rating due to the presence of high-speed Wi-Fi module to receive and broadcast video files from the additional camera. In fact, is a close copy of Artway AV-630 Android, offering users a full-fledged system Android version 4.2.2, 5-inch display in the center of the mirror, as well as 120 degrees of view on the main camera. But there are also enough differences.
First, in Dunobil Spiegel Duo, in addition to the navigation system and GPS-module, integrated radar detector that can respond to the complexes of “Arrow” and, checking with the actual map, notify users of the approach to the regulated areas. Rear camera got LED backlight, and shooting at a resolution of 1280×720, supports projection of parking tags on the picture. The main camera of the device, in turn, is equipped with infrared illumination, which gives CMOS sensor noise-free shooting even in the dark. The disadvantage of the model is entirely similar to the main disadvantage of Artway AV-630 Android -10 degrees Celsius allowable operating temperature does not please consumers from regions with cold winters.
Artway AV-630 Android
Seventh place goes to another video recorder from Artway – this time running Android. AV-630 is a fake rear-view mirror with a built-in camera, video information from which comes on a 5-inch display, located directly in the center of the “dummy. The main device here uses the same technology as in the AV-394, giving users the same F
- HD format (1920×1080), the same 120 degrees of view, but 25 frames per second.
In its turn, AV-630 advanced DVR camera became much better: in spite of 90 degree view and frequency of 15 frames per second, it produces HD-format image (1280×720), allowing you to easily reconstruct the situation behind the car. In addition, the unit provides for G-sensor (reacting to shock or blow), as well as a motion sensor that turns on the record when an object of certain dimensions gets in the frame. In fact, the DVR has only one disadvantage: it does not tolerate too low temperatures. It so happened that the manufacturers have not taken into account the possibility of using a false mirror in Siberia, so that the lower limit of working temperature was -10 degrees Celsius. This severely limits the region of distribution of the gadget, as well as the favorability of the consumer segment.
On the eighth place of the rating is one of the three representatives of the company Artway, offering users a standard-looking recorder with a wired connection for the second camera. Easy setup and no additional built-in functions make the AV-394 a reliable and practical device for the synchronous recording of two video streams – from the windshield of the car and directly in the cabin.
The leading camera of the DVR is equipped with a 2-megapixel CMOS sensor and shoots in F resolution
- l HD (1920×1080) and gives a 120 degree view. Additional camera is based on the use of the same matrix, but has only 90 degrees of view and a resolution of 640×480. At the same time the recording rate on both video sources is 30 fps. There is a function of continuous and cyclic shooting, allowing you to create snippets of 3, 5 or 10 minutes. Among the distinct advantages of the Artway AV-394 are absence of video distortion, satisfactory quality, low cost and high reliability because of the lack of extra modules. From the drawbacks often mentioned freezes and lags – the characteristics of unstable operation, which, however, can be solved by simply rebooting the device.