- Rating of the best selling crossovers in Russia
- Hyundai Creta
- Rena t Duster
- Rena t Kaptur
- Toyota RAV4
- Nissan X-Trail
- Nissan Qashqai
- Skoda Kodiaq
- Chevrolet Niva
- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Mazda CX-5
Considering the roughness of the roads in Russia, it is not surprising that crossovers are among the most popular vehicles in our country, selling from 20,000 to 100,000 units of each model every year. This SUV is good not only for driving on the highway, but also for picnics, fishing or hunting. From the list above you will learn what SUV models sell the most, and why they are valued by owners. The material is based on the characteristics of machines, the reliability of key components and customer feedback.
Rating of the best selling crossovers in Russia
|Nomination||place||name||price incl. max. discounts|
|Ranking of top-selling crossovers in Russia||1||Hyundai Creta||<no|
|3||Volkswagen Tiguan||1 170 000€|
|4||Lada Xray||549 900€|
|5||Kia Sportage||1 004 000€|
|7||Toyota RAV4||1 413 000€|
|8||Nissan X-Trail||1 158 990€|
|9||Nissan Qashqai||1 046 990€|
|10||Skoda Kodiaq||1 252 885€|
|11||Chevrolet Niva||527 000€|
|12||Mitsubishi Outlander||948 000€|
|13||Mazda CX-5||1 478 000€|
First place among the best-selling crossovers in Russia is occupied by Hyundai Creta. This mini SUV appeared in 2015 and was quickly liked by users. In the first year, more than 85,000 people ordered it worldwide. After 12 months, when more reviews of the car appeared on the web, its sales not only did not fall, but on the contrary increased. In August 2016 alone, 3,479 units of the Hyundai Greta were sold at a Moscow car dealership. The Parkett is sold with a gasoline engine 1.6 L for 123 L.s., equipped with manual or automatic transmission. There is also a more “charged” version 2.0 L for 149 L.s. with front- or all-wheel drive. Despite its compact dimensions of 427x178x163 cm, the crossover meets its off-road category and has a ground clearance of 190 mm.
Large number of sales in Russia is explained by attractive appearance, equipment with modern electronic systems and reasonable price to 1.5 million. rubles. But the main key to the success of this crossover is an extended warranty from the manufacturer, which is valid for 5 years or 150,000 km of mileage.
- Good protection of wheel arches and sills from corrosion;
- powerful fog lights;
- 190 mm ground clearance;
- can turn around with a radius of 5 m.
- The trunk volume is 402 liters;
- It’s cramped in the back for passengers;
- halogen headlights as standard.
Another most sought-after crossover in Russia is the Kia Sportage, which sold 3,063 units in September 2019 alone, exceeding August’s figures by 24.6%. It is possible to buy the parketta in Russia with a gasoline engine 2.0 liters (150 l.s.), as well as 2.4 liters (184 l.s.), or a diesel engine 2.0 liters (185 l.s.). All modifications available with all-wheel drive or front-wheel drive only. A choice of manual or automatic transmission. The luggage compartment has a capacity of 491 liters, and when folding the second row increases to 1480 liters.
Though crossover price in Russia starts from 1.8 million rubles., the car sells well due to a spacious cabin, providing ample space for passengers on the second row, and the extended warranty for 5 years or 150 thousand. km of mileage. The model also has stock LED headlights for low and high beam. The Korean crossover significantly wins over its Japanese counterparts in terms of equipment, standing at 300-500 ths. rubles. cheaper.
- The luggage compartment has a capacity of 491 liters;
- stable wheelbase of 267 cm;
- Electric power steering;
- there are front and rear anti-roll bars;
- aluminum disks R17.
- design to the liking;
- Clearance for the crossover is not the biggest – 182 mm;
- no power luggage door.
The experts put the Rena on the sixth place
- t Kaptur. The crossover began to be sold in our country in 2016. In 2018, 30042 units were sold, and in the first 9 months of 2019, 20145 vehicles were sold. Statistics here are lower than for other models, since more than 75,000 sold Rena have recently been recalled
- ground clearance of 204 mm;
- Electric power steering;
- The suspension has two anti-roll bars;
- LED headlights and low-beam headlights.
- Loses 15% in price over three years;
- 387 liters trunk;
- 3 year warranty.
- ground clearance of 195 mm;
- luggage compartment 580 l with power door lift;
- Rear independent double wishbone suspension;
- electronic parking brake.
- 3-year warranty;
- Leather interior trim only in the maximum configuration;
- No lumbar support in the front seats.
- 210 mm clearance;
- The capacity of the luggage compartment is 497 liters;
- electronic parking brake;
- LED optics;
- contactless opening of the fifth door.
- The spare wheel is not full-size;
- 3 years warranty;
- engine consumes oil;
- the plastic rattles.
- clearance of 200 mm;
- fuel economy 6.2 l;
- there is a washer of headlights;
- Light and rain sensors work;
- panoramic roof.
- halogen headlights;
- In almost all configurations fabric upholstery;
- non-electric seats.
- Reliable protection of sills and wheel arches from corrosion;
- Power of the engine from 125 hp.s. In the “weakest” variant;
- spacious interior at the expense of 469 body dimensions.7h188.2h167.6 cm;
- steering wheel with a change of gear ratio.
- ground clearance is reduced to 187 mm;
- meager equipment in the base;
- oil consumption – 100 ml per 100 km.
- ground clearance of 200 mm;
- there is power steering;
- electrically operated and heated mirrors;
- thermal protection glazing;
- steering column is vertically adjustable.
- the transfer gearbox is mechanically engaged and its lever is in the way in the cabin;
- small trunk 320 l;
- Only versions with manual transmission;
- 2 years or 35,000 km warranty;
- consumes from 11 liters of gasoline.
- ground clearance of 215 mm;
- roomy luggage compartment 591 liters;
- power steering;
- panoramic sunroof with adjustment.
- halogen headlights;
- no washer of the front optics;
- No power trunk drive.
- Beautiful design with narrow headlights;
- there is “Kick-down” for fast acceleration on overtaking;
- Electric power steering;
- LED optics;
- soft suspension due to independent multilever construction.
- Not durable fabric seat upholstery – Pulls from women’s hairpins appear on the headrest;
- Rain sensor does not always work correctly.
- t Kaptur, due to possible breakage of the lock hinge and sudden opening of the hood. It is commendable that the manufacturer was not afraid to admit and correct the error, which will contribute to increased sales in the future. You can buy the crossover with the 1.6 liters per 114 l.s. or 2.0 liters, producing 143 l.s. The transmission is available in manual transmission or automatic transmission, as well as in the form of the new continuously variable variator CVT. In reviews, the Parkett is praised for the economical consumption of 6.9 liters and excellent directional stability.
Increased sales demand in Russia is due to attractive appearance, immediately attracting attention. The crossover has a contrasting black roof, C-shaped fog lights and a concave side line with black sills. Sloped top effectively completes a sporty look. With prices starting at 944,000. rubles. No wonder these cars sell well.
Continues the list of the most popular crossovers in Russia Toyota RAV4, which for the first 9 months of 2019 was sold in the amount of 21270 units. The fifth generation SUV is distinguished by a chrome grille and a huge air intake, which repeats its shape. The crossover has a ‘muscular’ look and excellent dynamics. The car is both sleek and brutal, which buyers like in reviews. For sale crossover with minimal configuration from 1 756 000 rubles., And the maximum price of the “stuffed” version makes 2,290,000 rubles. It is possible to buy the parkettes with 2 engines.0 L (149 L.s.) or 2.5 l (199 l.s.). The car is available in three options: Standard, Comfort and Prestige.
Japanese crossovers sell well in Russia due to the spacious interior, achieved through increased dimensions of the body 460×185.5×169 cm. In the medium-sized Parkett is comfortable to drive not only in the city, but you can freely travel in five over a distance of 300-500 km. The model also attracts buyers with high-quality assembly and rare breakdowns.
The eighth position in the top sales in Russia belongs to another Japanese crossover, but already from the company Nissan. SUV is available with a gasoline engine 2.0 liters (144 hp.s.), as well as 2.5 liters (171 l.s.), or a diesel 1.6 l (130 l.s.), and may be equipped with a manual transmission or CVT variator. A choice of front-wheel or all-wheel drive. Model price ranges from 1.6 to 2.1 million rubles. 20,626 vehicles were sold in Russia in 2017 and 22,878 units in 2018, showing a growth of 11%. In reviews, crossover owners like the spacious interior with a panoramic roof and soft suspension.
The leading position in sales in Russia is due to the fact that this crossover is familiar to domestic consumers since 2001, when the first generation was imported. The car from the very beginning was officially delivered to the Russian market (unlike the German and French cars, brought by carriers). During this time, the Parkett has earned the reputation of a reliable car, perfectly tolerating our winters, road reagents and uneven pavement.
The sales statistics of Nissan Qashqai in Russia has been steadily increasing, where in 2017 20223 cars were sold, and in 2018 sold 23192 crossover. The car is offered to Russian buyers with a 1.2L equipped with a twin-turbo. Due to this power unit develops up to 115 liters of power.s. Among the “older” models there are 2.0 liters, giving out 144 l.s. Owners in reviews like the economical consumption of gasoline 6.2 liters and variable steering ratio, which makes steering safer at 100-140 km/h.
Annual sales growth of 15% in Russia is not only due to the starting price of 1.25 million, but also a constant “refreshing” of the model. Nissan first introduced the Qashqai in 2006, but during this time has managed to release two generations and make two restyling, which demonstrates the update every 3 years. It allows you to complement the car with new features and eliminate the detected problems, pleasing the buyers. For comparison, competitor models from Renault or Kia, released in 2015, the year has not received any updates for 5 years.
Kodiaq crossover from Skoda is in Top-10 in sales in Russia. Since the Czech carmaker has never been involved in the production of parkettes before, at first buyers were wary of the new model, introduced in 2017. Sales statistics for 2018 showed only 9,413 units for 9 months. But already in 2019 this indicator was beaten by 86.1%, as 17,517 cars were sold. Crossover in Russia can be bought with turbocharged engines 1.4 liters, producing from 125 to 150 liters.s. There are versions with front and all-wheel drive. For drive enthusiasts, the “charged” variant with 180 hp is available.s. From the 2-liter motor. Price of base model starts from 1.5 million, and the TOP complete set is sold for 3 million.
The demand for the crossover in Russia is due to the interesting appearance, similar to the Volkswagen Tiguan, as they are built on the same MQB platform. SUV also has the largest trunk among crossovers, which is 635 liters. The car is also interesting due to its optimal combination of fuel consumption from 6.1 liter at the power output of 125-150 liters.s. If it had been priced a little lower, sales would have been up another 30%.
Chevrolet Niva, produced since 1998, keeps good sales results in Russia. Despite rare restyling the crossover is popular because of its low price, starting from 570,000. rubles. Even in the maximum configuration Parktimer is sold for 829 thousand. The manufacturer offers several equipment options for the crossover, but they all work with the 1.7 L, generating 80 hp.s. Transmission is manual everywhere. In 2018, 29235 units of this model were sold in Russia. According to reviews, owners like the car due to its high ground clearance of 20 cm and relatively inexpensive maintenance. You don’t have to order parts for it and wait two weeks for them – parts are sold in every city.
Crossover is actively marketed in Russia due to the availability of all-wheel drive in any configuration. Other manufacturers cannot afford this, so Chevrolet Niva remains the most affordable off-road vehicle for hunting and fishing, and will pass where foreign parkettes get stuck.
The Japanese crossover Outlander from Mitsubishi is also selling well in Russia. The model has long been known in the domestic market, since it is officially delivered here since 2002. Reviews show that the crossover is well known in car repair shops, and it will not be difficult to find a cheaper service after the expiration of the warranty. In Russia the Chevrolet Niva is currently offered with 2WD engines.0 (146 l.s.), 2.4 (167 l.s.) i 3.0 (227 l.s.). The price ranges from 1.7 to 2.5 million. Since the crossover is not new in terms of concept or equipment, there is no particular surge in sales, but it manages to sell more than 17,000 units annually in Russia.
Experts believe that the Outlander actively sells thanks to powerful engines, allowing to demonstrate the crossover potential not only on the highway, but also off-road. Differential lock is triggered here automatically at weak grip of at least one wheel – the driver does not need to switch on all-wheel drive beforehand each time. In other reviews, owners like the work of the suspension, smoothing out the bumps on deep bumps.
Completes the review of the best-selling crossovers Mazda CX-5, which entered the Russian market in 2012. The parkette is offered with motors 2.0 i 2.4L, as well as a manual or automatic transmission. You can choose front or all-wheel drive. In 2018, 2,294 models were sold in Russia, 21% more than the previous year. In reviews, Mazda owners are pleased with the spacious interior, responsive engine, lockable differential. Crossover for sale priced from 1.6 to 2.5 million, which depends on the configuration.
Increased demand for crossovers in Russia is explained by an attractive, memorable design, quality noise isolation and excellent dynamics. No “crickets” in the cabin, nothing creaks, even in winter. More users in the reviews like the chic visibility from the LED headlights at night. With this equipment the eyes are comfortable to follow the road even in rainy weather.