Excellent replacement of paving slam and natural stone today is a paving plastic tile for tracks in the country. This building material has appeared not so long ago, but has already become very popular due to a low price, simplicity of laying and good wear resistance. Now, without having special skills, anyone can realize on its garden plot either in the courtyard of the house all design ideas, indulging at its discretion of the veranda, tracks or entire platforms.
Advantages and disadvantages
Experts identified the main advantages and the negative qualities of all types of paving plastic coating.
First consider advantages.
- Plastic tile has a slight weight, it became easy to transport and transfer it.
- The price of the material is at times lower than the cost of natural stone, it is on your pocket to each.
- Easy laying. No special coatings and foundations, minimum work on the preparation of the site.
- The coating can be quickly and at any time to dismantle.
- Strength and long service life. Plastic is able to withstand quite serious loads, it does not burst when the water freezing in the lattices is freezing, it’s not scary sudden temperatures.
- Moisture resistance. Water does not pumped plastic coating as a stone. The tile is immune to moisture and does not lose its characteristics, long staying in water.
- Due to the embossed surface, the tile does not have a slip effect.
But there is such a material and its shortcomings.
- Plastic reacts poorly to the effect of some chemical compounds. So, in particular, the spilled acetone is able to deform the surface of the tile.
- Paving plastic coatings for tracks are abrase rather than concrete coating and stone paving.
- Smooth plastic tile strongly slides.
- Plastic coating can not be driving on a cargo car. Under the weight of the car and cargo, the tile can progress, and the docking locks are broken.
- It is afraid of ultraviolet radiation, under the long exposure to the rays of the Sun burns out.
Features of production
As raw materials for the production of plastic tiles are used ordinary and inexpensive components:
- Different pigments;
- quartz sand.
To reduce the costs of acquiring components, it is necessary to apply a recycling that will be cheaper, but at the same time will not spoil product quality. Clear recipe for the production of tiles as such simply does not exist. Each manufacturer is developing the composition. The best solution is to compile components on personal experience, but additionally specialists are advised to take advantage of the technologist.
Tile manufacturing technology is quite trivial. It does not require special knowledge and skills.
Since the polymer entering the structure of the tile has a neutral chemical composition, then the solvent for it is only nitric acid, under certain conditions. To formed a homogeneous mixture with sand, the polymer must be melted at 180 degrees and atmospheric pressure. Such a process is called extrusion.
For coloring tiles in different colors Apply different inorganic substances: Iron oxide – for orange, brown or red; Chromium oxide – to obtain green; Titanium dioxide give the product white.
The production of polymer tile is carried out as follows:
- agglomeration or crushing of raw materials, but if you get a polymer crumb, then this step is easy to avoid;
- mixing components by concrete mixer;
- melting the resulting mass in a melting-heating unit (extruder);
- molding products by pressing;
- Moving and storage of finished products.
Views and sizes
Paving plastic tiles are made of two types. The first is a lattice plastic design, which has a square shape with dimensions of 300x300x30 or 500x500x50 mm. Each product has symmetrical through slots and weight to 1.5 kg. On the ends there are grooves for the adhesion of light plastic elements among themselves.
The second looks like an ordinary paving. It has smaller sizes, tangible weight, is distinguished by a large variety of color solutions.
How to choose?
When choosing paving plastic, a number of parameters must be taken into account.
- Product size and thickness. The smaller the total length of the tile boundary, the more strength of the product.
- Stability of material With the influence of low and high temperatures.
- Placement of laying. For laying individual types of plastic products should be prepared a special basis on which the tile is placed.
- Reputation of the manufacturer of polymer products also principled when purchasing a facing material.
How to stack?
For laying coating on concrete base First of all it is necessary to prepare it. If there are no significant flaws on the concrete, you can remove the available irregularities by way of putty.If there are paints or oil spots on the basis, they must be removed by an acid-containing agent.
If the laying is produced on a wooden base, It also should not have strong drops in height, boards that have fallen, should be replaced. The base should be completely dry, non-wing.
Stacking tiles must be started from the middle. A spatula-comb must be based on the tile glue. The tiles are then pinned close to each other, catching up the entire plane with a rubber hammer, to remove excess glue rag. Before laying the following row, give adhesion to dry a bit.
When several rows are laid, ride the entire laid tiled tiled roller.
Laying the polymer paving slabs on the ground is also pretty simple, it is possible to make it on our own. To do this, you will need the most uncomfortable building toolkit, as well as:
- Coarse-grained river or washed sand;
- Middle-resistant crushed stone or gravel;
- cement brand PC-400;
- plastic blocking or tile;
- Plastic or concrete border.
For the construction of pavement coatings from polymers, two similar technologies are practiced: Laying on the rammed sand and the creation of a cement-sand base. For both methods it is necessary to carry out the following types of work:
- markup (width of the coating it is desirable to fit under the size of the product so that the material does not have to cut);
- removal of 25-30 centimeters of the top layer of the soil;
- montage of curbstone;
- laying geotextile on the bottom of the trench;
- Cutting and rambling drainage layer of rubbent or gravel with a height of 10-15 centimeters;
- laying geotextile canvas on the drain layer;
- Cutting and tamping sand layer 5-15 centimeters high.
On pure sand, as a rule, plastic paving slaves are laid, since it has more thickness, and the surface area is less. This material assembled into a solid coating is of greater stability, without needing to be especially strong-based.
The dry mixture of sand and cement is mounted a thinner polymer paving slabs to have a strong base under wider elements. It will give stability to single tiles even when the weight pressure will be produced on their edges.
Due to the flexibility and strength of the tile, the construction of a more powerful base from concrete is usually not required. The decision on its construction is taken only when there are small and bunched soils on the site.
In such situations, the leveling layer of sand is replaced by reinforced monolithic concrete.
The cement-sandy mixture is prepared from a washed or river midfractional sand and cement of PC-400 brand, in proportion 1: 5. Mixing is best done in concrete room to obtain the required level of quality.
The order of laying tiles on the track is:
- It is approximately a meter row of paving slaves or paving polymer tiles along the border, equalizing the height of the rubber xy’s height;
- put one row in the width of the sidewalk or the track, in parallel controlling the presence of the required slope by the construction level;
- Thus, fill the entire platform with a paving or tiled.
After laying and tamping tiles on the surface of the stoves, you should scatter dry sand and dispersed on the seam. For this, the material should be placed on the surface with a soft brush, filling out all empties. Then the surface you need to clean well from the residues of sand and shed a slit of the gap with a minor amount of water to moisturize the sand or sand-cement pillow.