“Plastic Wagon” is the most inexpensive and practical material for the inner luggage. In addition, the installation of the panels is made very quickly and without excess dust, so you will need one or two days to maximize the premises. However, when working, it is necessary to take into account some nuances that may arise during the trim.
Pros and cons
Advantages of finishing:
- Uncomplicated installation. What is plastic that wooden panels are installed one of the easiest. You are creating the lining on the crate, which can be wooden or metal.
- Affordable price. On average, the cost of one panel of three meters high and a width of 19.5 cm in building mass market varies from 150 to 250 rubles. In this case, the usual white lining is the cheapest material. Its price begins from 50 rubles and ends 150. For example, the price of a square meter of wooden lining starts from 500 rubles. The cost of m2 cladding with decorative stone – from 1000 rubles.
- Long service life. According to the warranty period, the service life of “plastic lining” is up to 25 years.
- Neutral material in relation to ecology. Despite the fact that the PVC panels are made of plastic, the material is absolutely neutral with respect to the surrounding ecology.
- Panels withstand mold and do not spoil from severe detergents. To clean the panel from the inside, it is enough just to remove it.
- “Plastic Lining” has an antistatics property, that is, does not attract street dust.
- Variety of choice. Today the store presents a huge range of selection of plastic panels for finishing the loggia. What does it end in monophonic models. In stores you can find “plastic lining” with a pattern, under a tree or stone.
- Fragility material. PVC panels are not resistant to mechanical influence. You can even break them, pressing your fingers on them. And taper material is acute subject, you risk leave on a plastic hole forever.
- Toxicity When exposed to the sun and fire. Cheap and low-quality panels with constant heating in the sun can be released toxic substances. In case of fire, this material is also toxic.
- The material is considered to be a selection for finishing Economy class.
How to choose high-quality PVC panels?
When choosing plastic panels, you must pay attention to the following factors:
- Thickness of face surface. More resistant to mechanical effects is the material with the front surface up to 3 mm. The average Chinese model has a 1.5 mm thick. Products with a thickness of 2.5 to 3 mm are recognized as high quality.
- The number of rigidity ribs and their standing. From more edges panel will be stronger. When examining their standing, pay attention to the evenness and absence of deformation inside the lining. In ordinary Chinese models, the number of stiffeners rarely passes the mark of 20. Good manufacturers per panel account for up to 25 rigidity. High quality PVC panel is considered with 29 ribs.
- Appearance and smell. Plastic panel must be smooth, without dents and scratches. Its color should also be monophonic or with high quality pattern. In the store you can sniff the panel. If the caustic smell of plastic comes from her, then, most likely, it is made of toxic and inexpensive materials.
- Also in the store Try to connect the panels. Thanks to a special groove, they should easily enter each other. If the lining is difficult to connect, then perhaps at home you will have problems with the installation of the material.
- The quality of the models also depends on weight. A heavy PVC panel speaks about the big presence of ribs stiffness, which means high quality. For example, the weight of high-quality “plastic lining” from Chinese is different in 500-700 grams per square meter.
- A wrapping in the store you should have a very low price of material. In most cases, this may mean that the lining is made of low-quality raw materials. At the same time, do not forget that building markets have their own brands that, of course, can provide a price just below the market.
- The content of chalk – Another important factor that needs to be considered when buying panels. High-quality product should be distinguished by low chalk content. To reveal in the chalk, you need to push the store in the store. In the future, just take a look at the place of bend. If the panel is a small amount of chalk, then dents simply will not.
- During the preparatory work, clean the walls of the loggia from the old material: Remove ceramic tiles, if so, remove the nails sticking out of the walls, wash the whole garbage from the loggia. If there is no warm floor in the room, then a good solution will produce waterproofing of the loggia.
- Existing cracks and big irregularities need to be shut-up with putty. Often the space between the windowsill and the wall is poured by the mounting foam for greater waterproofing. After the preparatory work, it is necessary to wait a few hours until the putty dries off, and the foam will find the right amount.
Note that it is simply necessary to produce the sealing of the loggia. Otherwise, you risk getting a comfortable extra room that cannot be used in the cold season. In addition, if you have a warm floor, but there are drafts, then the design after several winters will lose its properties.
- To calculate the exact amount of material, It is necessary to calculate the perimeter of the balcony and divide the resulting digit to the width of one panel. A similar procedure must be made when calculating the ceiling cladding. But do not forget to buy several panels on the reserve, as the material is very fragile and when working without a master you can simply damage it.
- Before work you need to decide how you will fix the material to the wall. There are two methods for installing PVC panels: a doom on which the lining is attached, and a frameless way – gluing models to the wall. In the first case, you have the opportunity to put between the main wall and plastic insulation, which is important when wearing a warm loggia. For the second version of the wall of the loggia should be even so that the panel when installing “is not left” due to irregularities. Proceed from a specific situation. When installing PVC panels, an absolutely smooth surface is required for glue.
- Before proceeding with facing work, you need to insulate the floor and put the tile on it, Laminate, Linoleum or Other Flooring. It is best to install a wooden crate, put the insulation and make flooring from a wooden lining. For this option, laminate, parquet, linoleum, or vinyl tile fit. If you wish to put a natural stone or ceramic tile, then it is best to align the floor with a dry mix. It is important to remember that leveling must be produced by level.
Stages of finishing
Option with clamp
- Before installing the crate on the loggiaIt is necessary to insulate the walls of the room. Interior decoration includes sealing of concrete or brick wall using a special mixture, which includes rubber and insulation with panels of foam. Foam layers are easily glued to the wall with mounting foam. After that you can close the wall with a special film that will not pass the air. You can attach it to the foam with a construction stapler.
- Next step – installation of wooden crate. To do this, you will need a bars with a cross section of 40 * 40 or 50 * 50. The calculation of the number of bars is necessary to calculate the perimeter of the loggia.
- To begin with, the corners need to install the first bars. To do this, you can use the P-shaped metal profile, or simply resort the boards to the wall. Instead of wooden bars, also in the store you can find metal special profiles. Their advantage is that the profile is not amenable to rotting, and will not absorb moisture.
It is important to know that for vertical models of their PVC or MDF, you can only use a horizontal crate. An option with cross-crate will be more reliable.
- After establishing a horizontal profile with a step of 50-70 cm, each other is necessary Similar installation of vertical bars. When working, use the level.
- Next Stage: Stretch Foil Material Such as Penofol or Isolon. After insulation, it is necessary to complete the insulation, closing the parapet with a special film that will not allow condensation. On this interior finish completed and now you need to go to the external trim.
- Installation of PVC panels In this case, starts with the installation with the installation of fasteners. The first panel must be mounted in the corner profile and attach it on the other side by the stapler.
When covering the MDF panels, work is approximately similar as with plastic.
Master class on the installation of crates, accessories and PVC panels See further.
Option on glue
There is another version of work when you do not need to install the crate – attach the panels with glue. This method is necessary if you decide to save on space. Before direct installation of panels, it is necessary to make a flat surface:
- If you do not plan to warm the loggia, then just a few times walk with a putty and primer the surface of the wall. After everything is dry, apply the water-repellent mixture on the basis of rubber so that the moisture is not leaked and did not cause constant mold in the room. After that you can start the installation of panels.
- Work must be carried out with the level, and also need to choose the right glue. For more reliable fixation, it is better to use special liquid nails, which have strong temperature differences (remember that summer the temperature on the loggia is much higher than on the street, and in the winter it will be cold in the room).
- In case you decide first to insulate the balcony, you still need to install the crate. In the space to put the plates of the inferno and complete the laying of the insulating material. In the future, the wall must be seen. To do this, you can use drywall or phane. In both cases, fixation must be very strong.
- In the future it is necessary to start the surface again, To hide irregularities in the joints. Final stage – installation of panels.
Designers advise adhere to the following recommendations:
- Do not forget that after decoration of the walls it is necessary to install the windowsill. If the balcony has a protrusion can be minimal or missing due to the lack of space into the room, then on the loggia you can afford to install a full-fledged windowsill.
- On the loggia, plastic panels are available only for walls and ceiling. On the floor it is necessary to put a good floor covering. Among the most affordable: linoleum. The luxury option is considered to be laying on the floor of the vinyl tile or porcelain loggia.
- To work, you will need the following tools: Building Stapler, Lobzik or Disk Saw, Level, Construction Stapler, Lobzik Stud.
- In the cold season, give plastic “sequel” about half an hour indoors with room temperature.
- Protective film can be removed after the end of all construction works.
- When installing panels on the crate, do not forget to install thermoshabs that can be found in building stores. They will help during the warm times of the year to keep the trim.
- During heating (which can happen in winter especially on the sunny side of the house) plastic begins to expand. Thermosicles will help keep plastic on the crate.
- If you decide to lay an electrical circular under the panels, then plan the grooves from special plastic planks in advance.
Examples of design
A classic trim option is considered to finish one-photon PVC panels. Most often builders use white color as glossy and matte. At the same time, on the panels themselves, any ornament or drawing can be depicted.
Also very popular use panels for natural stone. Such models will perfectly fit into the design of large loggias, and in small rooms will look awkward.
Another option for large rooms – Dark Tint Models. Designers do not advise them to use them on small loggias, as they will suggest space.