Just a few years ago the problem of drying linen each family solved for himself in his own way: someone saw him in the bathroom, someone pulled the rope on the balcony, someone took the yard or dried right in the apartment.
Today, this one of the most important domestic problems has been successfully solved with the help of a ceiling dryer for linen. Now such a simple, but incredibly comfortable device can be found on each balcony. This design is very low, comfortable and easy to use.
Features and advantages
The appearance of the dryer for linen decides several questions at once. Compact design, it can be easily mounted. It allows you to carefully spend a large amount of wedged linen and raise it almost under the ceiling so that it does not block the balcony space.
In addition, warm air is easier than cold, so underwear placed under the ceiling will dry very quickly.
The balcony dryer eliminates the room from constant humidity, which is invariably formed when drying the wet linen. High humidity causes mold and fungus.
Among other advantages can be allocated:
- Ease of use – Next advantage dryers. Rave underwear, raise it under the ceiling and even a child can even lower the child.
- Available cost Allows you to place such a design for drying on your own balcony Even a person with a little sufficient.
- And one more incomprehensible plus – the dryer is practically Immediately under the ceiling, That is, does not violate the general aesthetic picture of the balcony or loggia.
Modern accessories for home accessories offer a wide range of simple and improved ceiling dryer models.
All of them have one common property – they are attached to the ceiling, but design features, permissible load, design, color, size and cost can differ significantly:
- The simplest model is a plastic or metallic design Round or rectangular shape with some clothespins. From all sides of the dryer attached chains that converge in the central part. There they are connected to the crochet, which is attached directly under the ceiling. Such models are ideal for small things (socks, underwear, children’s things).
- The following simplified option is designed for things that do not require drying on crossbars or using clothespins. For example, wool, cashmere products, other delicate tissues. The dryer is a frame with a polymer grid on which things unfold. Drying is carried out due to penetrating the layers of warm air. This slow process, but this frame does not take much space neither in suspended or in a free state. Construction can have several tiers
- More advanced models – beams with elevator lifting mechanism. The design is two rigid traverses and several crossbars stretched between them. You can lower and raise it by cord by the cord broken through the ceiling beam. Can do this manually either using a manual gearbox. Its instability can be attributed to the disadvantages of such a design (underwear must be sipped as evenly uniformly, so that the dryer does not stick in one direction).
- There is a more complex variety Dryers with elevator mechanism. It has a parallelogram form, sufficiently stable and reliable.
- One of the most beloved owners Type of dryer – Liana takes into account the shortcomings of the previously reviewed devices. The design consists of 5 steel crossbars with a length of 2 meters, each of which has its own radiating mechanism. This allows you to use only the necessary part of the dryer. To other advantages of the product include its ease and the ability to adjust the height. If necessary, dry a large amount of linen, it can be twisted at different levels (cascade). So it will dry much faster. Simultaneously on the dryer, you can accommodate up to 15 kg of linen.
- Electric dryer – Modern, equipped with the latest technology mechanism that can withstand the wide temperature range and allows you to simultaneously place on the crossbars more than 30 kg of clothes and other things (mats, small blankets). Moreover, most of the models are equipped with built-in luminaires. Rods have a telescopic shape, that is, allow you to adjust the length. The design is controlled by a remote control or by mounting on the wall of the block.
- More advanced dryers are equipped with built-in hair dryers and ion lamps. This allows you to dry the underwear in a matter of minutes, and if necessary and sterilize it. This moment is especially relevant for children’s clothing.
Types of structures
By type of design, the dryers are:
Consider Read more each type:
- Dryers folding design are today the most popular and in demand. Externally, they are several planks fixed by brackets. Can develop in length or width. Usually the number of slats is in the range from 4 to 6 pieces. This is the most popular option to ensure the needs of the middle family.
The advantages of such models include low cost, ease of use and installation, compact dimensions. These models are performed mainly from plastic, so it is withstanding a small weight (about 7 kg).
- Sliding dryers Consist of two blocks and stretched strings between them, which are pulled and hiding in the main unit by the type of roulette. The main unit is attached to the wall, and the strings are pulled out and attached opposite. The design is quite reliable and can withstand a big weight. In idle condition, the design is very compact and not striking.
- Ceiling design withstands considerable weight (up to 20 kg) and has high strength. For its manufacture uses enameled steel.
- Electric dryers Significantly reduce the drying time, due to the coolant installed inside the design. Ceiling models can be removable and non-removable. The first option is more mobile, the dryer can be removed if necessary. Second-type dryers are fixed on the wall for constant time.
The length of the rope or crossbar for drying linen can vary in a fairly wide range. It all depends on the selected model, as well as the dimensions of the balcony or loggia.
Among the most running sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8, 8.2, 9, 10.5, 10.8, 12, 13.2, 14.4 meters. This is a total useful length, which depends on the number of crossbars, and on the length of one crossbar. It usually is 1.5 -1.8 -2 meters with minor tolerances in one direction or another.
The length of the crossbar is calculated based on the material of the manufacture, such as the design and type of dryer.
How to choose correctly?
The choice of a suitable version of the laundry dryer can be a matter of much more complicated than it may seem to actually seem. When choosing, it is necessary to take into account not only the design features of the model, but also the capabilities of the balcony itself and the estimated load on the dryer:
- Length of Karlastin. Optimal option – 2 meters. Smaller ropes are suitable for drying a small number of things or light clothes. Longer options can be deformed by severe load.
- Material. Plastic dryers are very light, compact, but also the least durable. They are suitable for drying a small number of things and is not durable enough. Aluminum tubes are also very lungs and are designed for a small load. In addition, aluminum can leave dirty traces on wet clothing. Rope dryers have a very simple design, they can be made independently. But ropes are shared over time and such a design is not very reliable. A more durable and strong option – stainless steel tubes with plastic coating. Another unusual option – wooden crossbars. They look, of course, very original, but the tree will darken with time, it dissolves, deformed.
- The country of manufacture. The most economical options are offered Chinese manufacturers. However, if it comes to durability, strength and higher quality of manufacture, then it is best to pay attention to the products of German or Turkish companies
- Overall dimensions and functional Purpose Balcony. A small balcony length will not allow the stationary bulky hanger. Especially if the balcony space is used as a recreation area. In this case, folding or sliding models will be suitable.
- Ceiling liana – Optimal option for families where the drying of the linen is a regular procedure. Especially if the dryer will be used for ventilating, plaid and other things.
- When choosing a suitable model, it is necessary to estimate its dimensions in folded. Raised to the highest possible upper position, tubes should not prevent free opening of windows.
Installation with your own hands
Still at the stage of the accessory, it is necessary to carefully examine the installation instructions. It should be written in detail, understandable, because it is very difficult to install some models.
First stage of work – preparatory. The ceiling is thoroughly wiping away from dirt and markup. For this, the bracket is applied to the ceiling across the carrier wall and the mark is made. The next mark is performed through the distance equal to the length of the string, parallel to the first fastening. Brackets are located at a distance of about 10 cm from the wall.
In the applied marks drilled holes. Brackets are applied to them and fixed with anchor bolts.
Next Stage – Assembly. Tubes are breeding in the holes of the side planks of the dryer and drown. With the help of bolts, the assembled design is fixed on the ceiling brackets. The cord is loaded through the central hole of the sidebar, rises upstairs, it is loaded through the hole of the bracket, stretches along the ceiling, through the hole of the second bracket and is tied by the node on the second side plank. Clamp attached to the free end of the cord. Dryer is ready to work!
The simplest model of the dryer can be made independently. To do this, it will take some time and the following materials and tools:
- 5 wooden plates with a cross section of 2.5 – 3 cm;
- 2 wooden bars 50 * 50 mm and 65 cm long;
- Feather drill;
- pair of self-tapping screws;
- strong rope;
- 2 small bar;
- Bulgarian with grinding.
- Rounding from the edge of the bar of 5 cm, 5 holes for the size of the registers are drilled every 10 cm.
- Bruks are cleaned, grind, lacquered, dried. Small bars are also painted.
- On the ceiling there are places where the fasteners will be fixed and the holes are drilled. Bruks are fastened with dowels, then screw screws with ring.
- All rails are inserted into the holes of the bars on both sides. If they enter the workpiece too loose, then you need to drop a little glue to the connection.
- The rope is suspended by bar and side rails in turn at each end of the dryer. Rope segments are connected to each other so that it turned out 2 triangles.
- Triangles are connected by a rope that is fixed by the node and stretches through the ceiling rings.
- The end of the rope is attached on the wall with a special bracket. Now the dryer can easily raise or omit to hang underwear.
Lowering dryer – the accessory needs today, without which it is difficult to imagine daily life. It is not surprising that reviews about various types and models of ceiling dryers are increasingly.
Basically, they are positive. Regardless of the manufacturer, design, design and material, all dryers are combined by several similar advantages: they allow you to quickly, high quality and accurately place underwear for drying.
As for the materials, most often advised to acquire dryers with metal tubes and plastic braid. This material is most reliable and durable. He leaves dirty traces and chances on shirts and dresses.
Another plus is “imperceptibility” for others and compact design sizes. Lingerie and clothes hang almost under the ceiling, not a lighting overview and not interfering to be on the balcony.
Separate mention was awarded electrical models, most practical and multifunctional options. Convenient in operation and classic lianas, and models with the possibility of fixing tubes at different levels. The price range in which the dryers are presented, very wide and allows you to purchase such a convenient accessory to families with a variety of financial position.
On how to install the ceiling dryer for linen on the balcony, see the following video.